• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion |OT|

raYne said:
:lol

Yeah, he's supposed to be near the warf. He doesn't stay there forever of course, 'cause he still has his rounds to do etc.

You can probably find him just wondering around (depending on the time) if he isn't where he's supposed to be.

I think, in the case of that quest, he should be stationed right there in the wharf and shouldn't move around on patrol while that quest is active. For me he was no more than two houses away from the woman's house where you plant the statue. And he really didn't move around much. The docks area is also swarming with guards while that quest is active as well.

demi

HE's NOT FUCIKIGN THERE

I even stood NEXT TO HIS BED and he NEVER CAME DOES HE NOT SLEEP

OH MY GOD I am about to sell this game off

raYne

Kung Fu Jedi said:
I think, in the case of that quest, he should be stationed right there in the wharf and shouldn't move around on patrol while that quest is active. For me he was no more than two houses away from the woman's house where you plant the statue. And he really didn't move around much. The docks area is also swarming with guards while that quest is active as well.
Well it's been a long-ass time since I've done that Quest, so you're probably right.

I do recall finding him just wondering around while I was supposed to meet him somewhere, so I thought it was this one. Perhaps I'm confusing the Quests.

demi said:
HE's NOT FUCIKIGN THERE

Do it!

demi said:
HE's NOT FUCIKIGN THERE

As I said, he isn't suppose to leave the docks area when that quest is active. He won't come back to his bed if that is the case. You can try fast traveling to another town, then back again to see if that helps. Sometimes that will force things along. He should be flagged so that he can't die, as he is important to several quests, so I doubt he is dead somewhere.

demi

Kung Fu Jedi said:
Go ahead and flip out. We'll all get a laugh. Then go sell the game. You're not enjoying it anyway. :lol

There's a pretty good reason why! Hey! You can't complete quests! Bugs!

raYne

demi said:
There's a pretty good reason why! Hey! You can't complete quests! Bugs!
Well I've never heard of anyone having any trouble with this Quest. All Quests that were bugged have been fixed long ago with the last update... and this Quest wasn't in that lineup either. *shrugs*

Still, not liking it is a better reason to sell it off than having trouble with a Quest. Playing just for achievement points is bs.

*edit*

You should seriously try the quick warp suggestion that KFJ gave though.

raYne said:
Still, not liking it is a better reason to sell it off than having trouble with a Quest. Playing just for achievement points is bs.

QFT!

On another note, this thread is like the god damn bat signal for raYne, Ghaleon, bengraven, and me.:lol

raYne

Kung Fu Jedi said:
On another note, this thread is like the god damn bat signal for raYne, Ghaleon, bengraven, and me.:lol
Why do you think my avatar is always looking towards the sky?

On the job baby! :D

bengraven

Kung Fu Jedi said:
QFT!

I'm desperately awaiting news of the Knights of the Nine faction being DL content for 360. :lol

Also, I think demi is over-reacting.

demi

He's not here. I've read all the guides on gamefaqs, and the OblivioWiki and they say Lex should be here. I've scoured this area, I've stood next to his bed all day and night, and I've stood outside the person's house I am framing all day and night. He is not here.

Characters don't just poof and disappear unless I've stabbed them.

demi said:
He's not here. I've read all the guides on gamefaqs, and the OblivioWiki and they say Lex should be here. I've scoured this area, I've stood next to his bed all day and night, and I've stood outside the person's house I am framing all day and night. He is not here.

Characters don't just poof and disappear unless I've stabbed them.

If you would have stabbed him, you'd be the one dead, I'm pretty sure. Have you tried my suggestion of fast traveling to another town and then back. Sometimes that works. I've even had the arrow appear when I'm in another town, so I can find my way back to where I'm going.

Barring that, I'll bet the game still has a decent trade in value. :D

demi

Kung Fu Jedi said:
If you would have stabbed him, you'd be the one dead, I'm pretty sure. Have you tried my suggestion of fast traveling to another town and then back. Sometimes that works. I've even had the arrow appear when I'm in another town, so I can find my way back to where I'm going.

Barring that, I'll bet the game still has a decent trade in value. :D

No, that didn't work. I did a Dark Brotherhood quest, came back, nothing. I'm officially calling this a bug. I have no idea what triggered it, I did everything normally. This guy is nowhere to be found, and according to people in this thread and guides he should be in front of the house, but he is not. Safe to say I am pretty pissed. I've decided to continue with the Brotherhood quests and to do the main quest and start a new character just for Thieves Guild.

I will get all the achievements.

What are good ways to level up quickly so I can get the Skeleton Key again?

bengraven

demi said:
No, that didn't work. I did a Dark Brotherhood quest, came back, nothing. I'm officially calling this a bug. I have no idea what triggered it, I did everything normally. This guy is nowhere to be found, and according to people in this thread and guides he should be in front of the house, but he is not. Safe to say I am pretty pissed. I've decided to continue with the Brotherhood quests and to do the main quest and start a new character just for Thieves Guild.

I will get all the achievements.

What are good ways to level up quickly so I can get the Skeleton Key again?

Choose Blades and then go kill things.

Or choose Acrobatics and Athetics. You'll level up fast VERY FAST just by moving around. You'll literally watch your level rise.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Oh yeah, there is going to be some great Oblivion Comments in the Next "Angry Hyphon Gamer Dot Net Presents: OBLIVIBALLS" podcast.

Knights of the Nine quest will be released on Nov 21st for Xbox 360 and PC.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/739/739797p1.html

Knights of the Nine lets players join an all-new faction, an order of holy knights, and lead them into battle against a sorcerer-king while exploring Cyrodill searching for relics which will answer many questions surrounding the Ayleid ruins. With the holy armor and weapons of the Divine Crusader players can restore the Knights of the Nine to their former glory.

GhaleonEB

MirageDwarf said:
Knights of the Nine quest will be released on Nov 21st for Xbox 360 and PC.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/739/739797p1.html
That's the extra faction from the PS3 version. Depending on how much it costs, I'll pick it up and do that questline with a new character. That's the kind of DLC I've been wanting all along. :D

Bethesda announcement:

http://elderscrolls.com/news/press_101706.htm

Knights of the Nine will also be available as a Windows boxed product at retail on the 21st. The retail version of Knights of the Nine is a compilation that will include all the other Oblivion downloadable content released to date: Horse Armor, The Orrery, Wizard’s Tower, Vile Lair, Thieves Den, Mehrunes’ Razor, and Spell Tomes. Bethesda Softworks will publish and distribute Knights of the Nine at retail directly in North America and through a co-publisher arrangement with Ubisoft in Europe.
Sounds like this bundle of stuff is passing for the first expansion. :(

“We’re pleased to bring this new content to Xbox 360 and to Windows gamers who have been so supportive of Oblivion,” said Vlatko Andonov, president of Bethesda Softworks. “To date, the response to our new downloadable content has been terrific – it’s easily the most popular downloadable content on Xbox Live Marketplace for Xbox 360 and has been very popular for Windows as well – and we think the opportunity to enjoy an entirely new faction and quests is something our fans will be eager to try.”

This is great new for 360 and PC owners, and this is indeed the kind of DLC that would be worth buying, depending on the price. Plus! Horse armor is included!! :D

DCX

DCX
I can't wait to jump on Oblivion, soon i will have this game and i can enjoy what you guys have for the last 6 months or so.

DCX

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Oh man, this is great news! I don't care what it costs, I'm getting it (as I have all other DLC's for Oblivion). I'm such a Bethesda whore.

Im looking forward to getting the Knights plug-in for the 360. I just hope theres more than one new type of armour. Maybe a standard Knight issue and the Divine Crusader armour. Hopefully.

I also hold out for a proper expansion someday. Itd be criminal if they didnt do one.

JCBossman

Banned
I need HELP! on this Fighter's Guild Quest, I am near the End of the quest line? Well anyway here is my problem, I have to find these people from town who went into a cave full of trolls, I killed all the trolls, I was definately here before this quest began, and NOW I have to find proof that the trolls are resposable for the death of these townsfolk, the GREEN arrow points me into this one small "ROOM" and there is some broken wood on the floor, a couple of zombies from before? and a dead troll and few skelatons, I searched EVERY SKELTON and bone in this room, the indicator SAYS RIGHT over the "solution" but I checked every inch of the floor and that room (and examined all the bodies) and am at a loss as to what I am looking for?

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
JCBossman said:
I need HELP! on this Fighter's Guild Quest, I am near the End of the quest line? Well anyway here is my problem, I have to find these people from town who went into a cave full of trolls, I killed all the trolls, I was definately here before this quest began, and NOW I have to find proof that the trolls are resposable for the death of these townsfolk, the GREEN arrow points me into this one small "ROOM" and there is some broken wood on the floor, a couple of zombies from before? and a dead troll and few skelatons, I searched EVERY SKELTON and bone in this room, the indicator SAYS RIGHT over the "solution" but I checked every inch of the floor and that room (and examined all the bodies) and am at a loss as to what I am looking for?
If it's the quest I'm thinking it is, "Trolls of Forsaken Mine", you're looking for the body of Viranus Donton in a southern chamber, and the journal he keeps on him.
Or are you on the Swampy Cave quest?

GhaleonEB

there was a seperate thread for it, but the Knights of the Nine questline comes out on the 21st, and costs 800 points ($10). I think that's a good price for the ~10-20 hour new faction.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
GhaleonEB said:
there was a seperate thread for it, but the Knights of the Nine questline comes out on the 21st, and costs 800 points ($10). I think that's a good price for the ~10-20 hour new faction.

Sounds perfect to me! Bring it on!

JCBossman

Banned
chigiri said:
If it's the quest I'm thinking it is, "Trolls of Forsaken Mine", you're looking for the body of Viranus Donton in a southern chamber, and the journal he keeps on him.
Or are you on the Swampy Cave quest?

Swampy Cave, WTF do I need to do?

JCBossman

Banned
Oh great that patch would work wonders....if this thing was running on a PC....I am Doomed...

Well F the Fighters guild anyway, Could Someone at LEAST help me with my Borba Goods and service problem, I need to get that GREAT Sword Goldbrand, and I have the strategy guide and it says I should talk to that BORBA in Chandanhall and she would mention were in the hell this stupid Dadatic Shrine is located, apperently it is FAR from Chadenhall, and all I have to go on is that that place where you meet the witch for the vamp cure is halfway there WTF? I know where the witch is BTW...So where is this damm shrine...It's my LAST ONE.

Do The Mario

Unconfirmed Member
Awesome news with the Nights of the nine coming to live, the only problem is in November I will be getting R6, Viva Piñata and GOW. Still sometime in December I will probably download some content start a new Paladin type character.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
JCBossman said:
Oh great that patch would work wonders....if this thing was running on a PC....I am Doomed...

Well F the Fighters guild anyway, Could Someone at LEAST help me with my Borba Goods and service problem, I need to get that GREAT Sword Goldbrand, and I have the strategy guide and it says I should talk to that BORBA in Chandanhall and she would mention were in the hell this stupid Dadatic Shrine is located, apperently it is FAR from Chadenhall, and all I have to go on is that that place where you meet the witch for the vamp cure is halfway there WTF? I know where the witch is BTW...So where is this damm shrine...It's my LAST ONE.
Shrine of Boethia
The
Umbra
is a better sword though.

Does anyone know if there are guides on how to make a good-looking character? I've looked around and found some rather decent faces (made without mods since I'm on 360) but I'm having loads of trouble trying to make something myself.

The main problem is the face tones. No matter what I do I seem to get different settings on cheeks, chin, etc, and the character looks like she's blushing heavily.

Or is it a race thing? Most of the good ones I've seen are bretons. It seems that the standard settings for some races (like dark elves) make it hard to adjust back to a conventionally beautiful face. I'd like an elf that doesn't look like she's had her face stretched like a 85 year old Hollywood diva.

JCBossman

Banned
SiegfriedFM said:
Does anyone know if there are guides on how to make a good-looking character? I've looked around and found some rather decent faces (made without mods since I'm on 360) but I'm having loads of trouble trying to make something myself.

The main problem is the face tones. No matter what I do I seem to get different settings on cheeks, chin, etc, and the character looks like she's blushing heavily.

Or is it a race thing? Most of the good ones I've seen are bretons. It seems that the standard settings for some races (like dark elves) make it hard to adjust back to a conventionally beautiful face. I'd like an elf that doesn't look like she's had her face stretched like a 85 year old Hollywood diva.

Well if you don't mind swinging that way, you could always go with an Orc chick, the "Hulk" green always does it for me and Baby DEFINATELY has back...:)

Hey! My favorite thread is back! :) And to think I almost didn't log-on to GAF today.

As for making a good looking character, it can be done, but it takes a lot of time and patience. After awhile I realized that I really didn't care how my character looked since I never really looked at him. So, I just made him look tough, didn't care if he looked good. Have you done a google search on a character creation guide? Might turn something up.

Sorry, green girls don't do it for me, only blue ones.

Searches only get me lots of powergaming guides to make a totally broken character gameplay-wise. Screw gameplay, I want looks!

cutedarkelfqy4.jpg

Edit: I tried the PC version once and managed to make this character, who looks much better than the version I have now. Problem is that the finished character (in the unlighted status screen) always looks much worse than what I manage to make either at the start or in the weird light at the end of the tunnel. Seriously, all closeups of the character should have the same good light instead of varying wildly. You hear me Bethesda guys? Put this in the PS3 version and I'll have much more fun making characters then.

SiegfriedFM said:
Sorry, green girls don't do it for me, only blue ones.

Searches only get me lots of powergaming guides to make a totally broken character gameplay-wise. Screw gameplay, I want looks!

Guess you'll just have to tweak with it then. It seems all the decent looking characters I've seen from other players have all been female. Perhaps it's easier to make a good looking female character. There were some posted in this thread, but it's been awhile, and theres that whole 10k posts thing to sort through.

Well, I couldn't get the character like I wanted her so I returned to the main quest and did the last few parts. Pretty cool stuff happening there, but I'm a bit annoyed by how the game always sticks in first-person. Some of those events needed camera work. Also, the game needs a proper credit sequence with some stunning music... kind of like the intro.

Ah well, still an excellent game. I can't see how anyone but a warrior/paladin or something like it can complete the main quest. So much fighting in close quarters, how does a thief or archer or even a non-fighter do it?

GhaleonEB

SiegfriedFM said:
Well, I couldn't get the character like I wanted her so I returned to the main quest and did the last few parts. Pretty cool stuff happening there, but I'm a bit annoyed by how the game always sticks in first-person. Some of those events needed camera work. Also, the game needs a proper credit sequence with some stunning music... kind of like the intro.

Ah well, still an excellent game. I can't see how anyone but a warrior/paladin or something like it can complete the main quest. So much fighting in close quarters, how does a thief or archer or even a non-fighter do it?
You can watch the credits from the title page, with music. I did that right after beating the main quest. It just felt like the right time for them. :)

GreekWolf

Kung Fu Jedi said:
Good to see the thread revived and still kicking!

Kung Fu Jedi said:
Glad to see this thread returned from the depths of GAF history.

Kung Fu Jedi said:
Hey! My favorite thread is back!

Kung Fu Jedi said:
Great to see this thread still going strong!

Kung Fu Jedi said:
It's my favorite thread!

Kung Fu Jedi said:
favorite thread!

Kung Fu Jedi said:

system error... reboot imminent

emomoonbase

I'm free 2night after my LARPing guild meets.
God damn it I want to play this game so much but I really freakin doubt it'd run for shit on my AthlonXP 1900+, 512mb and 7600GS video card setup.

Top Bottom