• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion |OT|

Xdrive05

DAMNIT. I still have to do my taxes too. Decisions, decisions.

banghead.gif

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I'm pretty sure no one is doing a sale on the CE. You could always try acting dumb at BB and try to get them to pricematch the CE to $45.

im tempted to unload some 360 games at EB. they said the 2 for 1 deal doesnt exclude the CE. im debating on getting rid of madden and PDO but i never get rid of games :(. march has been brutal...im talkin Miortal kombat trilogy brutality type of brutal with the amount of awesome games dropping

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
best buy won't have it until tomorrow. i have a preorder at gamecrazy...i guess i'll give them a call around noon. i think they pricematch too. if anyone in los angeles finds a copy, tell us where pls. i need it today. :(

Dr_Cogent

Banned
truffleshuffle83 said:
im tempted to unload some 360 games at EB. they said the 2 for 1 deal doesnt exclude the CE. im debating on getting rid of madden and PDO but i never get rid of games :(. march has been brutal...im talkin Miortal kombat trilogy brutality type of brutal with the amount of awesome games dropping

I got fucked because I traded in a bunch of games ahead of time before they started this bring in 2 360 games deal. DAMMIT!

This will help me justify buying it at BB with the price match and returning it to EB. Bastards!

How does the price match at BB work. Do you need an actual copy of the sale paper for the other place, or can you bring in a printed version? If you can bring a printed version, does there have to be a location within x number of miles?

my trip to best buy was a bust.. there was another guy there waiting for it too, apparently they told him the same thing they told me.. that the truck with the shipment should have been there last night or this morning.

Oh well.. still have my EB pre-order.. lazy fuckers.. not willing to pick up their shipment for customers..

I know of at least one EB that would do that.. because the manager is looking forward to the game as much as the rest of us hehe, but that one isn't in my home town.

Birbo

Just got the call from my EB that my CE is in (I'm in the south burbs of Chicago btw). Hadn't planned on it being in today. Still have to go buy a copy of GRAW at Wal-Mart with a gift card I have to "return" to EB to pay off Oblivion. Don't see how it's gonna happen as I had to take a half day today because my daughter is sick.

Once again the real world gets in the way of my gaming addiction.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I haven't gotten a call from my EB, but I can't leave the house anyway, as my new laptop is arriving, and I need to sign for the package, or Fed Ex takes it, and I have to wait an extra day.

Dr_Cogent

Banned
The guy at EB told me the only reason they will have it tonight is because he's driving out somewhere to pick it up and bring it back to the store. Otherwise, it would have been tomorrow like everyone else.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Dr_Cogent said:
The guy at EB told me the only reason they will have it tonight is because he's driving out somewhere to pick it up and bring it back to the store. Otherwise, it would have been tomorrow like everyone else.

yea, a few local stores are doing that here too. sending one manager out to feed all our greedy desires.

Helznicht

I preordered at my local Blockbuster and they have signs up that Oblivion and Metroid Prime Hunters will be available the 21st, for weeks now. I went in at lunch just to check that maybe they came in early. Now thier computers say the 24th for BOTH games. :( And unfortunately I paid both with 90% tradein credit so I cant get cash back. :(

To the guys that get it today, PLEASE take some time to come back here and post some impressions for us unfortunate shlumps.

Dr_Cogent

Banned
Meier said:
So tempted to buy a 360 and this after work, but I just cant do it. :(

Why the hell not? Get a 360, GRAW and Oblivion. You will be happy you did.

Helznicht said:
To the guys that get it today, PLEASE take some time to come back here and post some impressions for us unfortunate shlumps.

Sorry. No can do. I'll be playing until I have to hit the hay for work tomorrow.

Musashi Wins! said:
yea, a few local stores are doing that here too. sending one manager out to feed all our greedy desires.
If that is the case I will personally drive the manager from the GameStop I reserved at, to the pickup location in order to get them. Waiting through work tomorrow is going to be so painful, I am took excited now.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Benadryl Hitman said:
If that is the case I will personally drive the manager from the GameStop I reserved at, to the pickup location in order to get them. Waiting through work tomorrow is going to be so painful.

Wear a suit of armor to work, and pretend you're already playing. :D

_Angelus_

Banned
I called up the Visalia Software Etc. store (central California)...they'll have it in tomorrow. I already knew the answer before I called but this stupid Oblivion anxiety got the best of me so I called anyways. :lol

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
ARGH, the wait is killing me. Sadly, it doesn't look like anywhere in Kansas City is getting the game today. I called an EB, a Gamestop, and I went into Best Buy to no avail. Tomorrow at work is going to be a nightmare. I considered calling in sick but I think one of my coworkers would rat me out.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Anybody got a video mirror?

Usual suspects don't have it yet, official site's beyond hammered, and I dare not tred into any "other" forums. Not gonna have my shit be spoiled, nuh uh. =P

Geoff9920

SnakeXs said:
Anybody got a video mirror?

Usual suspects don't have it yet, official site's beyond hammered, and I dare not tred into any "other" forums. Not gonna have my shit be spoiled, nuh uh. =P
blimblim has it up, that's where I got it from.

ijm72

I just called my gamestop in Chicago (Addison Mall) and they have in stock. The only problem is that I have $55 of Best Bey reward certificates so I have to wait until Best Buy gets it

TheDuce22

Banned
Just called Bestbuy, he said they had "quite a few people" asking about it and there is a chance it could arrive today by 4. I live in AZ btw.

Just found out while watching one of the videos that the research for much of the terrain rendering was done at the geology lab at university of maryland. I'm a student there.

Cool stuff =)

snatches

My local EB just said 10:30 tomorrow morning and I'm just outside of Vancouver, B.C. If anyone knows of a place around Van that is getting it today, post please.

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
snatches said:
My local EB just said 10:30 tomorrow morning and I'm just outside of Vancouver, B.C. If anyone knows of a place around Van that is getting it today, post please.

Yea in Quebec too.....

Xdrive05

W00T! Just got the collector's edition PC game at EB in northeast Indianapolis, IN.

I don't have a digicam, but I'll take some screenies after it's installed.

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
Xdrive05 said:
W00T! Just got the collector's edition PC game at EB in northeast Indianapolis, IN.

I don't have a digicam, but I'll take some screenies after it's installed.

I fucking hate you.

Why is it that every time there is a major release like this, I keep thinking maybe this one will come in early, and yet it never does. :lol Oh well. I was expecting it tomorrow all along, so it'll be GRAW tonight! :)

SnakeXs

truffleshuffle83 said:
KICKASS GRAW TONIGHT!!!!! my new rules are the zeus and grenades only, its beyond awesome

GRAW: Real, tactical, action.

Kung Fu Jedi said:
Why is it that every time there is a major release like this, I keep thinking maybe this one will come in early, and yet it never does. :lol Oh well. I was expecting it tomorrow all along, so it'll be GRAW tonight! :)

Sado-masochism.

Dr_Cogent

Banned
truffleshuffle83 said:
KICKASS GRAW TONIGHT!!!!! my new rules are the zeus and grenades only, its beyond awesome

WTF is zeus. Is that the fuckin camera gun?

That damn thing shouldn't have made it into the MP portion of the game :p

SnakeXs

Dr_Cogent said:
WTF is zeus. Is that the fuckin camera gun?

That damn thing shouldn't have made it into the MP portion of the game :p

No, even worse, it's the rocket launcher.

P.S. Camera Gun > You

:lol

Top Bottom