• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion |OT|

High fives for unreadable discs.

Anyways, is there any way to
break into Agarmir's basement and get the book/ information to Thoromir without getting raped by the law
?

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
chinmonster said:
High fives for unreadable discs.

Anyways, is there any way to
break into Agarmir's basement and get the book/ information to Thoromir without getting raped by the law
?

yep,
don't get caught! Seriously make sure no one is around when you go to open the door. Do it when he isn't home and get out before he comes back.

Bought the game today, it's a blast. Joined the dark brotherhood, now I look like Garrett :D (although im a girl)

one complaint though, it appears to be extremely hard to create a hot girl :(

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
MrPing1000 said:
Bought the game today, it's a blast. Joined the dark brotherhood, now I look like Garrett :D (although im a girl)

one complaint though, it appears to be extremely hard to create a hot girl :(

I'm oriental and found it kinda hard to get anything looking like me, skin colour, hairstyle etc.

Someone make a hot elf girl STAT!

Zelda if you please. Then make a link guy :D

Uncle

Did I miss something? Might be a spoiler (considers closing the oblivion gates)

After I closed the gate outside Chorrol I went to town. Right after that a mythic dawn dude attacks me and the guards kill him. He turns out to be Eugal Belette, and I'm sure I have spoken to him somewhere. Edit: Looks like he lived in Chorrol.

Is this something that should happen or a coincidence?

Pimpbaa

kaizoku said:
I'm oriental and found it kinda hard to get anything looking like me, skin colour, hairstyle etc.

Someone make a hot elf girl STAT!

Zelda if you please. Then make a link guy :D

But that would do us no good. Someone needs to make a mod of some sorts that exports parameters for a face so it can be imported by someone else.

After a week of necessary work and waiting I was finally getting the game tomorrow…

…
but my 360 broke today with 3 red light mania greeting me on boot up
(not a game spoiler)

*sigh*

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
I just found the guy who sold me the Anvil mansion dead in the middle of the road between skingrad and the imperial city. His return journey obviously wasn't as successful as his first one when he ran off after selling me a haunted house. There was a warthog right next to him so I guess that's what got him :lol This is also about 1 and a half in-game weeks since I finished that mansion quest so that's why I found it so surprising.

rod

Banned
curious, i doubt that the answer is yes but when using enchanted weapon/armour, it doesnt stop any stat from leveling does it?

Well, I went and got the guide. It swears that at level 22 pretty much all the mobs should be available in the game. Guess I'll advance to the first Oblivion Gate then.

BTW, if you leave an OG without closing it, and wait... will it repopulate?

Is there any place to actually purchase a torch? I'd like to do some spelunking, but I don't want to be running around down there when I can't see shit.

rod

Banned
man itd be fuckin unreal if this was xbl, like you could see others and chat about what your currently doing

Hrm?

So I just got my first two pieces of Daedric Armor... they total five points better on defense than the Ebony stuff I had previously.

Problem: My defense is EXACTLY the same. Huh?

Further WTF??? My helm from completing the Fighter's Guild is no longer adding to my armor at all.........

(and no, it isn't broken or anything... at 125)

rod

Banned
My Arms Your Hearse said:
Hrm?

So I just got my first two pieces of Daedric Armor... they total five points better on defense than the Ebony stuff I had previously.

Problem: My defense is EXACTLY the same. Huh?

Further WTF??? My helm from completing the Fighter's Guild is no longer adding to my armor at all.........

(and no, it isn't broken or anything... at 125)

ive read that happen to a few others on forums, a glitch apparently?

And get this... the armor value of the Helm is 8.... but I'm only missing 5 armor and the other ones seem to be working fine (the helm also isn't giving me the stat bonuses anymore).

And do you mean you've read that people's defense just stopped going up? Or problems with this particular helm? God if my fucking character just got fucked up due to a glitch....

rod

Banned
My Arms Your Hearse said:
And get this... the armor value of the Helm is 8.... but I'm only missing 5 armor and the other ones seem to be working fine (the helm also isn't giving me the stat bonuses anymore).

And do you mean you've read that people's defense just stopped going up? Or problems with this particular helm? God if my fucking character just got fucked up due to a glitch....

well over on the 360 achievments board and the oblivion boards i remember reading all sorts, some stats stop going up full stop, some bits of armour stop giving you the extra stats, so not sure, i was just browsing thru and made sure nothing happened to my save:D

After some testing, it certainly seems that my armor stat is being capped at 85. FUCK YOU Bethesda. You fixed so many things that made Morrowind unplayable, so instead you sucked me in with this but you included all the nice game-breaking bugs we know and love.

I can get armor bonus from the Helm now, though it still won't properly give me my strength bonus.

civilstrife said:
Is there any place to actually purchase a torch? I'd like to do some spelunking, but I don't want to be running around down there when I can't see shit.

I have like 30+ torches and I found them in caves and temples and stuff. You don't really need to buy them.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
The Shadow said:
I have like 30+ torches and I found them in caves and temples and stuff. You don't really need to buy them.

Yeah, they weigh 0 too

Ecrofirt

I just got hassled by a guard for what I can only assume was killing a wolf. The wolf had 1 Gold on it, and I saw the guard pretty much immedietly after killing it, and I had a 1 Gold bounty.

How ridiculous is that.

Speevy

Banned
Ecrofirt said:
I just got hassled by a guard for what I can only assume was killing a wolf. The wolf had 1 Gold on it, and I saw the guard pretty much immedietly after killing it, and I had a 1 Gold bounty.

How ridiculous is that.

It is pretty ridiculous...that you have such contempt for the wolf population. That money could have fed his family.

Krowley

damn this thread is painful for me to read but i can't get enough. i wish i could play this game, but i'm glad to hear that most people are enjoying it. i guess i will start up another character in morrowind for now.

Ocelittle, there are a few mods now to help you cure yourself of vampirism:
Vampire Cure
Vampirism Cure Potions

These are some other cool mods I tried:

Quickstart
When starting a new game, skip directly to the end of the tutorial dungeon.
Ring of Atmospherancy
This is a ring that allows the player to change the weather.

The ring is located in a chest in Jisene's shop in the Market District of the Imperial City. It's near her table, against the wall that's formed by her staircase. You'll know it's the right one because it won't have a red icon when your cursor is over it.

Equip the ring and a menu will pop up letting you select a weather type. Click the button for your selection and the weather will begin transitioning to the new one, where it will remain until you change it again. To change it again, simply unequip and then re-equip the ring. Select "Release Control" to let the game handle it again.

1143156730_fullres.jpg

I am going to try this one:

Mercenaries

This mod allows the player to hire mercenary companions to aid them. Here are the available mercenaries and their corresponding hire locations:

- Pirates from Ormil of the Bloated Float (after completing the Blackwater Bandits quest)
- Gladiators from Owyn in the Arena Bloodworks (after attaining the rank of Hero or better in the Arena)
- Fighters from Azzan in the Anvil fighter's guild (after attaining rank 3 or higher in the guild)
- Mages from Adrienne Berene in the Skingrad mage's guild (after attaining rank 3 or higher in the guild)
- Thieves from Armand Christophe at his waterfront house (after attaining rank 3 or higher in the guild)
- Guards and Archers from Vinicia Melissaeia in the Imperial Office of Commerce
- Warrior Monks from Orag gra-Bargol in the Chorrol Chapel of Stendarr
- Assassins from Lucien Lachance in Fort Farragut (after attaining rank 3 or higher in the Dark Brotherhood)
- Barbarians from Mog gra-Mogakh in the Skingrad Two Sisters Lodge
All Armors
This mod makes all the armors playable. Some armors shipped with the game but were not playable, such as the emperors clothing or the Guard Captains Armor.

rod

Banned
is there any way to upgrade a weapons charge capability? like if i have 24 attacks with fire on my sword can i make that number higher? i hate going back all the time to recharge :(

Speevy

Banned
Sp3eD said:
They need to put the weather ring into a patch for 360. That would be AWESOME!

Yeah, I don't know how much they can modify the 360 game, but something like this would be nice. Definitely a new set of weapons.

The Arena fights are kind of "meh" to me so far. Every opponent seems to be moving at triple speed, and it's no fun when you're stuck in a corner listening to "I'm just getting started WORM" over and over as some methed-up elf skank rains arrows into you.

Dark Brotherhood, on the other hand, rockes out with its cocke out (that would be Oblivion spelling).

GreekWolf

Eel O'Brian said:
The Arena fights are kind of "meh" to me so far. Every opponent seems to be moving at triple speed, and it's no fun when you're stuck in a corner listening to "I'm just getting started WORM" over and over as some methed-up elf skank rains arrows into you.
You obviously haven't gotten far enough in rank in the arena.

Just wait till you're slugging it out with 3 Minotaur Lords, or a group of wild boars and argonians.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
This game is just awesome. Too much stuff to do.
Looking great, running great (minus dense forest, don't know why)
Steve, when can we expect first patch?

Need some quick helpz. Been all over the damn country looking for Cyrrodillic Wine or whatever its called. Morrowind was fucking drowning in the stuff but I don't think I've seen a damn bottle at all in here. I scored some Skooma somewhere, and I'd guess there might be some near that but forget where.

Also related to another daedric shrine:
What the hell do you do with Azshara's Star? The giant soul gem.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
I need help from anybody that got kicked out of the Mages guild and did the quest accepting you back in.

Where do I find 20 of each of the 2 ingrediants? What part of the world are they found in? This is driving me mad as I am wandering around the country side and haven't found any yet.

rod

Banned
speed, dragons tounge is found south east of bravil, and also west weald, and sometimes found "south of bawn"

whats the other one again?

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Question about keys: From what I can tell, you can get rid of them you have after you've used them once - is this correct? I haven't come across any doors where I actually even needed to have the key in my inventory if I had used it before..

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
rod said:
speed, dragons tounge is found south east of bravil, and also west weald, and sometimes found "south of bawn"

whats the other one again?

Redwood flower or something. Something with red in it.

Thank you for that though, I was just about to give up looking for them.

I've just started playing the 360 version of this game. I'm getting load times between towns to the overworld that last about 10 minutes. I shit you not. Is this happening to anyone else? While in the overworld the game will pause for about 5 seconds and then will return and then it'll pause again. This is between the regular loading environment messages that come up.

rod

Banned
Warm Machine said:
I've just started playing the 360 version of this game. I'm getting load times between towns to the overworld that last about 10 minutes. I shit you not. Is this happening to anyone else? While in the overworld the game will pause for about 5 seconds and then will return and then it'll pause again. This is between the regular loading environment messages that come up.

core pack? if not, it shouldnt be the HDD cache as youve just started playing. anyway try holding A as you boot the game, until the oblivion title screen

Top Bottom