• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khezu

Woorloog said:
To anyone who has the game: What are starting health, stamina and magicka amounts?

100 for each, except altmer who start with 150 magicka.
Every level you can add 10 points to any of the 3.

kingmozo9

Banned
Woorloog said:
On PC, maybe if you have good enough machine. On consoles it is 30FPS.
If you're specifically asking about the latter, i have to ask, what were you thinking?

thank you, yeah i was talking PC, ive got all 3... (well ive only got a mac book pro), i dont think theres a way for playing skyrim on PC. so Consoles it is, then

Keasar

This has probably been asked before, but how is the A.I this time? And have the conversations between NPCs improved to be a little more varied then "I saw a mudcrab."?

Enco said:

Either way, I spent a looong time in Oblivion and never got close to finishing the side quests or the main missions. By a long time I mean 50+ hours. Bear in mind I got the game fairly late after release and only had it temporarily.
Pfft, amateur. :p

bengraven

Bootaaay said:
Yeah, the glass stuff is a lot more understated this time around - I got a glass axe and it didn't really look like it was glass at all until it shined under light.

All the glass stuff I've seen so far seems to be metal but gilded with glass. Almost for decoration.

Durante

3chopl0x said:
It's pretty much identical to gamebryo
That's because it's
Gamebryo

But I'm looking forward to seeing their attempt at a scripting language this time around, it can't be any worse than before. (I don't understand why they don't just use an existing, proven language)

Nephix

The sheer anticipation enforced upon me by reading through this thread made me pre-order Skyrim.
I'm still a little worried about how the PC-version is going to turn out though, especially when Bethesda are kind of notorious when it comes to buggy releases.

I just hope they've ditched some of the voice-actors from Oblivion, because I sure as hell don't want to hear those same voices yet again, although I would kind of miss the whole "criminal scum" stuff.

MmmSkyscraper

Unconfirmed Member
FFFFF, I installed Oblivion on the weekend and started modding/patching it last night. Never got more than 10 hours in (I remember closing at least 1 gate?) so figured I'd run through that first and pick up Skyrim later. Now I'm wondering whether I should bother waiting and jump straight in. DAT HYPE!

coopolon

Muddimar said:
Can you only preload if you reserved it through steam? I reserved my PC version through gamestop...

You can preload it if you bought it anywhere as long as you can enter the code into Steam and register the game there. Since you probably can't get your copy from Gamestop until midnight Thursday, you probably can't preload. Unless you mean Impulse is where you preordered, in which case they might give out keys early.

Then again, with the disc, there's no need to preload really. You can install from the disc and that shouldn't' take more than a few minutes.

Echoplx

Muddimar said:
Can you only preload if you reserved it through steam? I reserved my PC version through gamestop...

I'm sorry but do people not think before posting? Ask yourself how that would be possible.

DangerStepp

catapult37 said:
Got my D2D key, activated it on Steam. I'm hearing that Steam is now pre-loading, but all it says it "coming soon" in place of the install button. Do they stagger preloading? How do I do it?

Being neurotic, I went ahead and downloaded the files from D2D. There's no way to tie that to steam, though, is there?

Where's my steam preload?
Did the exact same thing; glad you asked so now I know.

I'm going to wear a tux in order to formalize my first play-through.

Hex

Banned
Jaeyden said:
This.

There are enough people playing it now. Anyone care to comment on the performance of the console versions?

There have been NUMEROUS comments and updates from people playing on both.
READ the thread.
At least back a few pages.

Every ten posts is someone saying "I haven't heard anything about this on the PS3, anyone heard anything?" about three posts after someone just gave more spoilers and updates while playing on the PS3.
Same with the 360.

There are quite a few people playing right now giving feedback.

chubigans said:
That sucks. :( Were you gonna get it via Steam?
Yeah, PC version. Likely through D2D to save a buck or two. This final film project took precedent though (65% of the grade). I'm so ready to not have to purchase film anymore, and jump to digital.

RbKkN.jpg

I love me some university internet (peaking now at 10 MB/s)

Quick question though, why is my download only 5.85 when some people are saying it's >6GB?

Einbroch

Banned
The "infinite quests" thing is a bit of a misnomer. Sure, there are infinite quests, but they're like repeatable quests in WoW.

"I hate bears. Kill 10 bears for me and bring me their pelts and I'll give you 100 gold."

"I love Thistle bushes. Bring me 20 and I'll give you 250 gold."

etc. I completed the bear one last night, and guess what? She wanted more.

DangerStepp

Complistic said:
How funny is it gonna be when we get the pc version and it's got a fov of 50?
I don't understand the FOV thing people get irritated about. I understand what FOV is, but I don't understand in what way a 50 affects it.

Isn't that a console thing or something?

Muddimar

3chopl0x said:
I'm sorry but do people not think before posting? Ask yourself how that would be possible.

I dunno. Maybe enable the person to download a portion of the game but not all of it? Kinda like a demo that enables you to purchase the full version and download the rest of the content. Jesus christ. Thought it was a legit question.

Derrick01

Banned
Einbroch said:
The "infinite quests" thing is a bit of a misnomer. Sure, there are infinite quests, but they're like repeatable quests in WoW.

"I hate bears. Kill 10 bears for me and bring me their pelts and I'll give you 100 gold."

Yup, this right here. It sounds fun when the PR spin is on but you all will be tired of it after the first few.

Fitz

DangerStepp said:
I don't understand the FOV thing people get irritated about. I understand what FOV is, but I don't understand in what way a 50 affects it.

Isn't that a console thing or something?

If your FOV is too low then it ends up looking like you've got tunnel vision, you have to turn more than you should based on your screen size. Also for some people low FOV can make them nauseas.

Wallach

bengraven said:
All the glass stuff I've seen so far seems to be metal but gilded with glass. Almost for decoration.

Even in Morrowind glass armor was metal studded with glass. I've never really liked it in Morrowind except for the shields. Those looked pretty cool.

DangerStepp

Colkate said:
If your FOV is too low then it ends up looking like you've got tunnel vision, you have to turn more than you should based on your screen size. Also for some people low FOV can make them nauseas.
Oh wow, okay. I think I had this problem whenever I played Amnesia: TDD. I always felt nauseated whenever I played, but couldn't put my finger on why.

I've never had that problem with any other game.

Who do we nominate to write up the tweaking guide? Where's Minsc?

bengraven

Einbroch said:

Eh, I played STALKER. *shrugs*

Also, Oblivion kind of had that with the vampire dust thing, etc.

Wallach said:
Even in Morrowind glass armor was metal studded with glass. I've never really liked it in Morrowind except for the shields. Those looked pretty cool.

Well it looked like glass held together by metal. Now it looks like metal decorated with bits of glass. I want to see an axe now: in MW the glass axe was a huge chunk of glass that you struck someone with.

Enco

Derrick01 said:
Yup, this right here. It sounds fun when the PR spin is on but you all will be tired of it after the first few.

Don't think we'll get truly random and interesting quests any time soon.

This is your usual (Bethesda) PR crap.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Einbroch said:

Maybe shes building a bear suit and you have to fight her down the line...

Zeliard

Derrick01 said:

Yeah that's why I'm wondering if anyone playing has seen the Radiant stuff in action. Frankly I don't trust what Bethesda & Todd Howard have to say when it comes to unscripted elements in the game.

Texture pop up when playing from the disc and low res textures when installed ?
Clearing cache is a temporary solution right ?
*sigh*
Any news of fixing it for the 360 version ???

Woorloog

Banned
Colkate said:
As can too wide FOV, if it starts causing fisheye effect. At least it does for me. Low FOV doesn't make be nauseous, used to low FOV as a console player. That said, i prefer 80-100 degree FOV.

Khezu said:
100 for each, except altmer who start with 150 magicka.
Every level you can add 10 points to any of the 3.
100 each? Hmm, need to think how it affects my build.
Do you get health automatically on each level up like some early previews implied? Or just by increasing it during level up?

gamemadmax said:
Texture pop up when playing from the disc and low res textures when installed ?
Clearing cache is a temporary solution right ?
*sigh*
Any news of fixing it for the 360 version ???
Re-equip weapons, that should fix it. Caused by using menu. Apparetly. According to someone above, err, earlier page.
No news.

Wallach

bengraven said:
Well it looked like glass held together by metal. Now it looks like metal decorated with bits of glass. I want to see an axe now: in MW the glass axe was a huge chunk of glass that you struck someone with.

Well, we saw the glass shortsword in the first gameplay demo and the entire blade was fashioned from glass.

bengraven

chubigans said:
Maybe shes building a bear suit and you have to fight her down the line...

T16gZ.jpg

Wallach said:
Well, we saw the glass shortsword in the first gameplay demo and the entire blade was fashioned from glass.

Hm, you're right. I always had the impression that while beautiful, the glass was exceptionally sharp, so it would be ridiculous to see it be used just as gilding.

Einbroch

Banned
Woorloog said:
100 each? Hmm, need to think how it affects my build.
Do you get health automatically on each level up like some early previews implied? Or just by increasing it during level up?
You heal yourself when you level up, but you only increase your maximum health by putting your 10 points per level into it. You can't split it up either.

10 to Magicka, 10 to Health, or 10 to Stamina.

Derrick01

Banned
Zeliard said:
Yeah that's why I'm wondering if anyone playing has seen the Radiant stuff in action. Frankly I don't trust what Bethesda & Todd Howard have to say when it comes to unscripted elements in the game.

I'm hoping that the game can actually generate interesting quests depending on how you choose your skills/perks and all that stuff.

I was just talking about Bethesda saying "you'll never run out of quests when you finish guilds and the other quests!!", which is technically true. He just forgot to say you'll be doing basic fetch and kill quests for eternity. It's classic political talk, tell you half the truth and hope you're excited enough to overlook the full truth.

Fitz

Woorloog said:
As can too wide FOV, if it starts causing fisheye effect. At least it does for me. Low FOV doesn't make be nauseous, used to low FOV as a console player. That said, i prefer 80-100 degree FOV.

Yeah, having fisheye is just as irritating as tunnel vision imo. I think the only game that has ever made me nauseous though was the hovercraft part of Half Life 2.

Woorloog

Banned
Einbroch said:
You heal yourself when you level up, but you only increase your maximum health by putting your 10 points per level into it. You can't split it up either.

10 to Magicka, 10 to Health, or 10 to Stamina.
Dammit, of course they would change stuff from early info.
Hmph. HHSMHHSM- or HSSMHSSM- or HHSMHSSM- will be how i increase them for my first character. Probably.

EDIT, does Dovakhiin DNA consist only H, S, and M?

DangerStepp

I wonder if the Radiant quests will be obvious or not. While it sounds like a cool feature, I won't worry about it as much as I will the bajillion other official quests I'll have to do.

Einbroch

Banned
Finishing moves are cool and all. I just have no freaking idea how to trigger them. I triggered them a lot in the beginning of the game, now I clear entire side-quests without a single one.

Zeliard

Derrick01 said:
I'm hoping that the game can actually generate interesting quests depending on how you choose your skills/perks and all that stuff.

I was just talking about Bethesda saying "you'll never run out of quests when you finish guilds and the other quests!!", which is technically true. He just forgot to say you'll be doing basic fetch and kill quests for eternity. It's classic political talk, tell you half the truth and hope you're excited enough to overlook the full truth.

Heh yep I think that's bound to be it.

pyros

Preloading now, my wife was good enough to postpone our trip to London for a week, bless her. I need to get a good game into my system, just finished two worlds 2 with it's crappy boss fight and rage the driving game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom