• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.

erragal

epmode said:
So without going into the CD key resellers, is it possible to get this game at launch for under $60? DD preferably!

You can save 2 dollars on D2D after they charge you tax. I ended up buying it on steam in protest. EDIT: It's a much better deal if they don't charge you tax though, which is why I got to the checkout part before changing my mind.

I was going to go "jack of all trades" with my character in Skyrim which is what I did in Oblivion.

However, after seeing all the TLC Bethesda has put into the spell animations and with the addition of perks, I'm going straight up wizard.

Vire said:
IgIMC.gif

HNNNGG. So. Much. Hype. Man, I can't wait until I finish this school assignment so I can play this game!

This game is so good I don't have any words to describe it. GOTY (if not more)
PS3-Version is great so far.
Dungeons look fantastic, atmosphere is unbelievable, animations a bit stiff.

Ps3-Owners: Get it.

ROBOKITTYZILLA said:
My scenario is more like:

"Honey, can you take the trash out?"

"I'm fighting a dragon right now can you do it?"

"I'm busy trying to decide what perk to use."

". . ."

<3
Hah, yeah, me and mine will be equally occupied roving the frozen wastes. It's great to share hobbies like this with people you love. It's also great to have a partner that understands your need to slay dragons before, say, going grocery shopping.

epmode

Wallach said:
$54 dollars at D2D. I think that is the only deal you're going to see at this point until after release.
Thanks very much! I'm allergic to paying $60 for pretty much any game let alone PC stuff but oh god Elder Scrolls.

ACE 1991

So intkeys.com, a website a Gaffer recommended to me, for some reason no longer has a listing for skyrim. The game is nowhere to found on the website except for a banner ad that links to Modern Warfare 3. I already paid these guys... FUCK.

Minsc

Gold Member
epmode said:
Thanks very much! I'm allergic to paying $60 for pretty much any game let alone PC stuff but oh god Elder Scrolls.

It's even cheaper here. £28.99 which should be something like $48 I guess. Might be exclusive to UK though, not sure.

ACE 1991 said:
So intkeys.com, a website a Gaffer recommended to me, for some reason no longer has a listing for skyrim. The game is nowhere to found on the website except for a banner ad that links to Modern Warfare 3. I already paid these guys... FUCK.

They may have sold out. FYI, I think discussing these sites outside the dedicated thread is discouraged on GAF.

webrunner

ROBOKITTYZILLA said:
My scenario is more like:

"Honey, can you take the trash out?"

"I'm fighting a dragon right now can you do it?"

"I'm busy trying to decide what perk to use."

". . ."

<3

Me and my fiancee are currently playing skylanders and she's saying she wants all the figures, but that "it'll probably be better once we get Skyrim, lol"

Thank God! Got my new PSU for my gaming PC today. Fitted and running and now waiting for Skyrim. 24 hours of work to do before then though! but the weekend will be non stop.

I'll have to be careful though. When I played Oblivion I was so into it that I got a DVT in my left leg which went to my lung (sitting on my arse or 14 hours a day). Oblivion could have killed me!!! God knows if I'll survive Skyrim!!

Echoplx

ACE 1991 said:
I wasn't aware of this, my apologies! *Shuts up*

I'm glad it is, because if people like you got burned by other gaffers blindly recommending dodgy sites shit would not be cool.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I cancelled my preorder at Gamestop and told the guy that I could get the guide on Amazon (hardcover) for $23, which is cheaper than their retail for the softcover. And then I told him I could get it on Steam preloaded so I don't have to leave my apartment on Thursday night. He tried to talk me into switching my preorder to virtually every game ever. I love crushing their spirits.

Also, still hyped.

Dresden

nicoga3000 said:
I cancelled my preorder at Gamestop and told the guy that I could get the guide on Amazon (hardcover) for $23, which is cheaper than their retail for the softcover. And then I told him I could get it on Steam preloaded so I don't have to leave my apartment on Thursday night. He tried to talk me into switching my preorder to virtually every game ever. I love crushing their spirits.

Also, still hyped.
you sure showed him bro

ironcreed

Banned
Man, some of those finishing moves are just brutal. I especially like the one where you spin around and then do an uppercut stab through the jaw. Looks so satisfying.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
so yesterday Target had copies out ready to be sold.... So I walk up to them, get the game in hand and go to the checkout only to find out they stocked the whole thing by accident since its a friday release game they got confused and stocked with the rest of tuesdays releases. They cant even sell it under a generic sku.... it was in my hands... whyyyyyyyyyy! lol

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Dresden said:
you sure showed him bro

He sounded SUPER defeated when I said no. I'm not sure if that comes out of the "required preorders" or whatever quotas they have to meet. My other friend bought a PS3 + Uncharted 3 bundle after I finished, so we took care of The Man.

syllogism

ACE 1991 said:
It's a legit site, as far as I know, but the issue is that they weren't sure when their copies would arrive and since they are now running out of time, they decided it would be better to stop selling until they at least get enough to fulfil the current orders.

pyros

Cutwolf said:
Wtf?

You have an awesome wife and strange priorities.

styl3s said:
Have to agree.. postpone a trip for a video game? someone needs a priority check.

I'm 43, worked hard, semi retired, enjoying the fruits of my labours and the trip to london is a christmas shopping trip, awesome wife indeed.

Preloading done, off to play deus ex hr

Echoplx

nicoga3000 said:
He sounded SUPER defeated when I said no. I'm not sure if that comes out of the "required preorders" or whatever quotas they have to meet. My other friend bought a PS3 + Uncharted 3 bundle after I finished, so we took care of The Man.

I can picture him going home and bitching about Steam on the internet while crying.

renitou

nicoga3000 said:

Also, still hyped.
You're crushing something.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
So what's the best shop for a definitive US/EU key? I'm aware of the key sites, I just don't want to end up with a russian version :/

http://uk.gamesplanet.com looks good, about 30 euros, anything below that?

DSmalls84

So I'm kinda confused as to how the leveling system works. Do you level up individual skills, and then after so many gain a character level which grants you a perk?

K701

Banned
Zeliard said:
D2D has it for $53.95. It's Steamworks so it works out beautifully. They give you a key which you just active through Steam, then you can pre-load.

They want a phone number and wont accept a pre-paid number. Fucking stupid.

Woorloog

Banned
DSmalls84 said:
So I'm kinda confused as to how the leveling system works. Do you level up individual skills, and then after so many gain a character level which grants you a perk?
Works just like that.

epmode

The tax on D2D is making me sad now. If that's the best option in America I guess I'll go with it.

(unless someone can confirm that Gamesplanet works perfectly with American Steam accounts)

Zeliard

epmode said:
The tax on D2D is making me sad now. If that's the best option in America I guess I'll go with it.

(unless someone can confirm that Gamesplanet works perfectly with American Steam accounts)

Where do you live? Didn't have any tax here with D2D (Maryland).

K701

Banned
TheNamelessOne said:
I have no Idea. Try it out? I'm in Sweden but it worked for me to pay in GBP. Might be because I'm in the EU though.

Ok fuck it I bought it. Now waiting for their validation thing.

Slightly off topic but, I sold my Xbox about 2 months ago before moving to a new state knowing that I'd later regret it when this game came out. Anyway, I'm considering picking up another console to play it. If I'm completely disinterested in Kinnect and the games that come with the holiday bundle, is my best route to just but a 4GB model and a 250 GB hard drive add-on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom