• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chairhome

Slackbladder said:
Thank God! Got my new PSU for my gaming PC today. Fitted and running and now waiting for Skyrim. 24 hours of work to do before then though! but the weekend will be non stop.

I'll have to be careful though. When I played Oblivion I was so into it that I got a DVT in my left leg which went to my lung (sitting on my arse or 14 hours a day). Oblivion could have killed me!!! God knows if I'll survive Skyrim!!
That sounds... really bad, nothing to be proud of. Make sure you take breaks and walk around for a few minutes every couple hours at least, man.

Twinduct

God damnit! My Mom phoned me and asked if I could look after my grandmother tomorrow night. Oh well, will only join the party on friday late morning .. sniffles :<

Peterthumpa

SteveWD40 said:
pizza-depot-dog-wants-pizza.jpg

Jaeyden

Hex said:
There have been NUMEROUS comments and updates from people playing on both.
READ the thread.
At least back a few pages.

Every ten posts is someone saying "I haven't heard anything about this on the PS3, anyone heard anything?" about three posts after someone just gave more spoilers and updates while playing on the PS3.
Same with the 360.

There are quite a few people playing right now giving feedback.

Ummm... I am READING the thread junior. This is about the extent of what I've seen since yesterday on the PS3, and that's going back 14 pages. Hardly, the analysis that I and many others were asking for. If you have some useful information then please do enlighten us.

Okay, this game looks like shit (PS3), but I am already in love with it.

WOW, some first impressions PS3 version:

- Combat feels good! I flinched a couple of time during the finishing moves
- The dungeons really feel handcrafted and original, I want to explore them all!
- Sound design is really good
- I had my PS3 hardlock once :(

Edit: Thanks to those posting impressions on the previous page :)

Twinduct said:
God damnit! My Mom phoned me and asked if I could look after my grandmother tomorrow night. Oh well, will only join the party on friday late morning .. sniffles :<

Get her to roll a character.

Smash88

Banned
DO YOU GUYS WANT TO SEE HNNNNGGGHHHHH!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8wPlYw-zAg

Spoilers (If you want to call them that): Shows some shouts, and a dragon fight. 3rd Person camera is used a lot.

I don't know if this was posted already, but it loooooks sooooo goooood. Animations and everything amazing.

You can see some weird things like the animations cutting, and the ragdoll physics being dumb as usual, but other than that sooo gooood.

Chairhome said:
That sounds... really bad, nothing to be proud of. Make sure you take breaks and walk around for a few minutes every couple hours at least, man.
Don't worry, I'm not proud of the fact as it scared the fuck out of me! But that was 4 years ago when I wasn't working and out of shape. I'm fitter and more active now. Still, there's only a handful of games that I've played that have ever kept me seated for hours at a time; Final Fantasy 7, Metal Gear Solid, GTA San Andreas and Oblivion. And probably Skyrim.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
ironcreed said:
That dragon soaring down from the mountain is just too awesome for words.
My only issue is that the dragon animations aren't exactly the best when they are turning in the air. I suppose that's what happens when you can't motion capture an animal that is mythical.

Lol, my character just got married. You have to buy an amulet of Mara from the Temple in Riften (200 gold) and then any women who are predisposed to like you (those who you've helped out via quests) will ask about the amulet and initiate a conversation about getting married. After you're married she asks where you want to live, and you can either have her live in a house you already own, or she offers to let you move into her house (which could be a cheap alternative for those who want a house early on, but don't have 5000 gold). Once living together she sets up a market stall in town and dutifully gives you half of the profits when you ask, despite you never once lifting a finger, and also will cook you a homecooked meal once a day :p

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v224/Bootaaay/Blah/DSC_0327.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v224/Bootaaay/Blah/DSC_0333.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v224/Bootaaay/Blah/DSC_0337.jpg

Also, I've encountered a really shitty and annoying glitch - it doesn't affect gameplay at all, but is still pretty irritating;

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v224/Bootaaay/Blah/DSC_0340.jpg

Yes, that's an arrow stuck in my guy's neck, and yes I've tried everything I can think of to get rid of it :(

Philthy

Can we still pick tons of different kinds of flowers and stuff?

There is nothing more hard core than a Viking god with a two handed axe covered in blood carefully picking pretty little flowers while metal is blaring over my speakers.

Hex

Banned
Bootaaay said:
Lol, my character just got married. You have to buy an amulet of Mara from the Temple in Riften (200 gold) and then any women who are predisposed to like you (those who you've helped out via quests) will ask about the amulet and initiate a conversation about getting married. After you're married she asks where you want to live, and you can either have her live in a house you already own, or she offers to let you move into her house (which could be a cheap alternative for those who want a house early on, but don't have 5000 gold). Once living together she sets up a market stall in town and dutifully gives you half of the profits when you ask, despite you never once lifting a finger, and also will cook you a homecooked meal once a day :p

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v224/Bootaaay/Blah/DSC_0327.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v224/Bootaaay/Blah/DSC_0333.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v224/Bootaaay/Blah/DSC_0337.jpg

Crazy lol.

And the arrow is a good look for you.

Xanathus

Man, spell combat seems kinda cheesy when all you do is heal yourself on one hand and shoot stuff with the other. I can already see comics being made about characters going through the whole game with one hand held to the head and another outstretched.

Zeliard

Smash88 said:

Spoilers (If you want to call them that): Shows some shouts, and a dragon fight. 3rd Person camera is used a lot.

I don't know if this was posted already, but it loooooks sooooo goooood. Animations and everything amazing.

You can see some weird things like the animations cutting, and the ragdoll physics being dumb as usual, but other than that sooo gooood.

Damn.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
The perfect Dark said:
Graphics are way better than Oblivion.

No kidding. Wouldn't have guessed by the videos at all.

Hex

Banned
Smash88 said:

I will.....not.....click.....

Lakitu

st5fu
That arrow glitch is in Oblivion if I recall, only it was temporary. That's the second time I've heard that of happening.

Woorloog said:
:lol!
Oh man, awesome. [Name] the Arrowneck.
Fast travel, equip/unequip armor and other items, loading screens, restarting console?

I tried all of those, but none of them worked - turns out the only way to do it was to
turn into a werewolf, so I went out in the wilderness and turned, only for a freaking dragon to attack me! Dragon vs Werewolf is not a fair fight, as the werewolf can only heal by feasting on human corpses, so I had to run away until I turned back into human form, luckily you can run really fast when you're a werewolf
:p

Thats it. I'm preventing myself from visiting this thread until I've had some time with the game. It's getting into spoiler territory now and every little detail counts for me.

So, I'll be back In a few days. Enjoy Skyrim, gentlemen!

ironcreed said:
"Yes, my love. What do you need?"

"What do I need? Keep on stirring that pot and make me a sammich while I wait."
Hah. So you can just ask people to marry you, and they do? Is there a courtship process at all? Do you have to do a quest for them, or something? How many options are there?

Just curious.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Is there any ip trickery you can use to get to play this game sooner. Make Steam think you're in New Zealand etc... Or is that bannable from Steams perspective.

Question about the birth stones:

So they're scattered all around Skyrim, right? Once I activate one, does that power stay with me until I activate a different one?

Dennis

Banned
Twinduct said:
Goddamn relatives getting in the way of gaming.

froliq

Smash88 said:

mage playthrough confirmed

ced

Bootaaay said:
Yes, that's an arrow stuck in my guy's neck, and yes I've tried everything I can think of to get rid of it :(

So even after rebooting the console it stays in your neck?

lol that would drive me insane even if I played in first person.

Zeliard

Magic is usually the way to go in Elder Scrolls and it doesn't seem to be any different this time around. :p

Dual-wielding is gonna be fun to play with.

Note for anyone playing on PS3: only use a few save files at most. My game was slowing to a crawl and I had just been making a new save everytime, so I had about 30 save files. I deleted the lot except for my two most recent, and now the framerate is smooth again. I seem to remember Oblivion having the same problem on consoles.

Deified Data said:
Hah. So you can just ask people to marry you, and they do? Is there a courtship process at all? Do you have to do a quest for them, or something? How many options are there?

Just curious.

Yeah, you have to have helped them out in some way, and have to be wearing an amulet of Mara, then they'll comment on the amulet and you can ask them if they're interested. No idea how many NPCs there are that you can propose to, but I'd assume it's any single quest giving NPC.

The Lamonster said:
So they're scattered all around Skyrim, right? Once I activate one, does that power stay with me until I activate a different one?

Yeah, that's exactly how it works - each time you use another stone, it removes the power of the previous ones. Same goes for the blessing stones of the divines.

ironcreed

Banned
Deified Data said:

Just curious.

This is info as provided by, Bootaaay. As those are his pics.

"Lol, my character just got married. You have to buy an amulet of Mara from the Temple in Riften (200 gold) and then any women who are predisposed to like you (those who you've helped out via quests) will ask about the amulet and initiate a conversation about getting married. After you're married she asks where you want to live, and you can either have her live in a house you already own, or she offers to let you move into her house (which could be a cheap alternative for those who want a house early on, but don't have 5000 gold). Once living together she sets up a market stall in town and dutifully gives you half of the profits when you ask, despite you never once lifting a finger, and also will cook you a homecooked meal once a day."

Perhaps he can elaborate further, if he wishes.

*EDIT* Nevermind, he just did above.

Xanathus

Zeliard said:
What do you mean?
See that video linked above with the dragon fight. If you're going pure spell casting, it looks like your hands will most of the time be in a specific pose where you're shooting out fire/ice/lightning in one hand and using support/healing spells in the other. It just looks silly, especially when he tanks the dragon breath by constantly healing himself with his left hand and shooting ice with the right hand.

Bootaaay said:
Yeah, that's exactly how it works - each time you use another stone, it removes the power of the previous ones. Same goes for the blessing stones of the divines.
Bootaaay, just curious, what plate armor is your character equipped with right now?

ironcreed said:

"Lol, my character just got married. You have to buy an amulet of Mara from the Temple in Riften (200 gold) and then any women who are predisposed to like you (those who you've helped out via quests) will ask about the amulet and initiate a conversation about getting married. After you're married she asks where you want to live, and you can either have her live in a house you already own, or she offers to let you move into her house (which could be a cheap alternative for those who want a house early on, but don't have 5000 gold). Once living together she sets up a market stall in town and dutifully gives you half of the profits when you ask, despite you never once lifting a finger, and also will cook you a homecooked meal once a day."

Can I have a woman in each town?

ironcreed said:

Have you heard if
they can accompany you as companions or not
?

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Xanathus said:
See that video linked above with the dragon fight. If you're going pure spell casting, it looks like your hands will most of the time be in a specific pose where you're shooting out fire/ice/lightning in one hand and using support/healing spells in the other. It just looks silly, especially when he tanks the dragon breath by constantly healing himself with his left hand and shooting ice with the right hand.
But that's only when you're in fighting stance, right? I don't know, If I were some sorcere surpreme kind of guy battling a dragon, I probably wouldn't stick my hands in my pockets for that.

I totally get your point and kinda agree with it though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom