• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clevinger

Durante said:
You could keybind spells in vanilla Oblivion, right? (It's been so long since I played unmodded that I'm not certain anymore)

Yeah. Weapons and spells on 1 to 9 or something like that. Same with Fallout 3.

angelkimne said:
Are Bethesda too poor to hire British voice actors or are the American accents really a design choice? Fantasy... unnatural...

Pedantic, I know, but it does bug me.

You do know that fantasy words don't take place in Britain right? Especially ones that take place in Scandinavian inspired locales. If anything, they should be speaking Old Norse or something.

SpecX

This is my first time in this thread and I'm officially hyped now. I just added it to my cart from Amazon. What's weird is by accident I clicked on 1 day shipping and it says it won't be delivered till November 15, but when I do release day, it estimates November 11.

PONGSTAR

Banned
Bootaaay said:
Note for anyone playing on PS3: only use a few save files at most. My game was slowing to a crawl and I had just been making a new save everytime, so I had about 30 save files. I deleted the lot except for my two most recent, and now the framerate is smooth again. I seem to remember Oblivion having the same problem on consoles.
Thanks 37 hours, 56 minutes and 10 seconds in advance.

FINALBOSS

Banned
I've been meaning to ask this...but does anyone know how Skyrim is going to handle loot?

Like what kind of shit drops from mobs? Weapons, armor, gold, junk pieces?

Smash88 said:
DO YOU GUYS WANT TO SEE HNNNNGGGHHHHH!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8wPlYw-zAg

Spoilers (If you want to call them that): Shows some shouts, and a dragon fight. 3rd Person camera is used a lot.

I don't know if this was posted already, but it loooooks sooooo goooood. Animations and everything amazing.

You can see some weird things like the animations cutting, and the ragdoll physics being dumb as usual, but other than that sooo gooood.

Aaand it's gone. Wish I could watch videos of a game I've spent $60 on without the copyright police pulling these down.

Woorloog

Banned
FINALBOSS said:
I've been meaning to ask this...but does anyone know how Skyrim is going to handle loot?

Like what kind of shit drops from mobs? Weapons, armor, gold, junk pieces?
I want to know if wolves still drop silver forks, spoons and knives like in Oblivion.

angelkimne said:
Are Bethesda too poor to hire British voice actors or are the American accents really a design choice? Fantasy... unnatural...

Pedantic, I know, but it does bug me.
British voices are all over Oblivion...so it could be an intentional thing based on different regions of Cyrodiil.

Durante

3chopl0x said:
I gotta say, Bethesda have done a really good job of keeping the PC price ridiculously high over all DD stores.
Yeah, I bought the game for almost 50€. I think the last game I paid that much for was Starcraft 2.

Lakitu

st5fu
I miss the Northern Lights video. ZeniMax pulled it down and messed up my pre-bedtime routine of watching it then going to bed. Damn them.

Echoplx

PotatoeMasher said:
Aaand it's gone. Wish I could watch videos of a game I've spent $60 on without the copyright police pulling these down.

I re-upped it as unlisted, link is hidden in this post

Woorloog said:
I want to know if wolves still drop silver forks, spoons and knives like in Oblivion.

They drop stuff like coins and rings, anything that they conceivably could have swallowed while eating human victims I guess.

epmode

burgerdog said:
Is D2D the cheapest way to get the pc version?
They charge for sales tax in many states so it's not a great idea. Green Man Gaming might be good though. $53.79. Do they charge for sales tax in America?

Beyond that, Gamesplanet UK is the cheapest overall. The stories I've read about terrible customer service are keeping me away.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
Good gawd. I almost exclusively play melee warrior types, but the magic in this looks so incredibly badass I can't help myself from wanting to try it. That dragon fight video with the mage was insane. Omg.

Wallach

Mattdaddy said:
Good gawd. I almost exclusively play melee warrior types, but the magic in this looks so incredibly badass I can't help myself from wanting to try it. That dragon fight video with the mage was insane. Omg.

Not gonna watch. Nope. Not looking. NOAP

FINALBOSS

Banned
Woorloog said:

I love loot, but loot in Oblivion was ass. Fallout stuff wasn't that much better either.

I'm not asking for something on the scale of Diablo 2 or anything, but unique items/armor sets and weapons would be great. I basically would like to see a huge ass number of weapons/armor to find...especially ones that are in dungeons above your level that you sneak into.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Sutton Dagger said:
Oh man, 17 hours to go here. Lets hope the PC version doesn't have any major issues.

Tomorrow afternoon (UK Time), I'm going to be looking for some quality impressions of the PC version and a shed load of pics. I can't wait.

Vamlock

Quick question about regions. If I were to purchase from GMG or Gamesplanet UK, would this mean that I'd have to buy any future DLC from the UK store, or do both UK and US have the same region/version?

Wallach

Zeliard said:
You should watch it. :p Awesome vid. Got me pretty hyped, honestly. Dragon battles look like a treat.

But why watch it when we're so close to DOOOOOOOING IT

Seriously though I haven't viewed anything aside from official media. Magic is deliciously unexplored in all that they've released, and that's pretty much all I'm going to be doing. Might as well wait at this point.

May need to drink my way to tomorrow though, I am so over waiting at this point.

Edit - That doesn't mean I can't live vicariously through you a little. Is it conjuration? Is it awesome?

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
KingK said:
6:00 Friday evening seems so far away :(

2 more sleeps...

I've got Thursday and Friday off so I'm going to see if I can get some sleep tomorrow afternoon and have a very late night Friday/Sat morning.

I better buy some decent coffee for Saturday morning for when my kids wake me up at 7:00am. I'm going to need it.

Cutwolf said:
...why are American accents in a completely fantasy RPG world unnatural?

Sorry Bro Montana, brits don't have a monopoly on the fantasy genre.
I know there are probably other examples, but it sure does seem out of place to me. And nobody else matters!

Clevinger said:
You do know that fantasy words don't take place in Britain right? Especially ones that take place in Scandinavian inspired locales. If anything, they should be speaking Old Norse or something.
Yeah, or at least have a Scandanavian-ish accent. But that was definitely never gonna happen.

Zeliard

Wallach said:
But why watch it when we're so close to DOOOOOOOING IT

Seriously though I haven't viewed anything aside from official media. Magic is deliciously unexplored in all that they've released, and that's pretty much all I'm going to be doing. Might as well wait at this point.

May need to drink my way to tomorrow though, I am so over waiting at this point.

I'm terrified of that 12 hour Giant Bomb marathon. I don't want to look at any of it. ANY OF IT.

And yet.

Thursday is gonna suck from the times of 5 PM - midnight or so. Off work and tons of Skyrim footage and info due to the embargo being over, but no game just yet. Gonna be hard to resist looking at some of that stuff.

Smash88

Banned
3chopl0x said:
I re-upped it as unlisted, link is hidden in this post

I'm watching it again, because it LOOKS SO GOOD!

BETHESDA/ZENIMAX I KNOW YOU ARE READING THESE FORUMS LET US WATCH VIDEOS ABOUT YOUR GAME GOD DAMNIT! WHY KILL HYPE!?

Wait... did something change?

This is still unlocking at 12:01 AM EST on Friday morning, right? Please tell me it's not delayed until the afternoon now.

webrunner

Smash88 said:
I'm watching it again, because it LOOKS SO GOOD!

BETHESDA/ZENIMAX I KNOW YOU ARE READING THESE FORUMS LET US WATCH VIDEOS ABOUT YOUR GAME GOD DAMNIT! WHY KILL HYPE!?

Remember, Bethesda has absolutely no control over their legal department. It's like a zoo over there, the devs are at complete mercy of the legal team who roam the wasteland in salvaged armor.

syllogism

cyberheater said:
Explain how this works please?
I haven't used that specific VPN service, but with usaip you just launch the program, select location (so in this case australia) and then all your internet traffic will go through it. So you can just log into steam and the game should start unlocking tomorrow, after which you should be able to turn vpn off. I believe Valve doesnt care about using VPN for unlocking games early, though they do ban for buying games via VPN. No guarantees though.

e: buying isn't the same as activating a key, of course

cyberheater

syllogism said:
I haven't used that specific VPN service, but with usaip you just launch the program, select location (so in this case australia) and then all your internet traffic will go through it. So you can just log into steam and the game should start unlocking tomorrow, after which you should be able to turn vpn off. I believe Valve doesnt care about using VPN for unlocking games early, though they do ban for buying games via VPN. No guarantees though.

And this has been confirmed to work then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom