• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aurora said:
Well, I've come to accept American spelling in games for a long time now, but American voice acting in a fantasy game? I mean, can you imagine watching LotR with American accents? Plus, Oblivion had predominantly British voice acting. I know I'm not the only who is bothered by this.

Did it? I played like two days ago and all I remember are American accents.. Aside from Uriel Septim.

Amazon UK has dispatched mine today.

This is the first preorder for a game ordered on Amazon that has been dispatched earlier than the day before it is supposed to be released.

Has anyone who preorders their games from Amazon got a game early from them before?

If Skyrim comes tomorrow I will be ecstatic.

Blue Ninja said:
Damn, I'm gonna need to buy a house soon. Half my inventory consists of books I want in my library. :lol
That's priority one on my list when I get the game. Save up 5000 gold and buy a home in the first major city. Can't wait to build my library!

Then I'll need to find a bride. Specially a warrior goddess for my Redguard.

Woorloog

Banned
matics said:
Did it? I played like two days ago and all I remember are American accents.. Aside from Uriel Septim.
I played it today and i don't think any of the accents was british. I'm bad at recognizing accents but still.

bowery

Oh shit, patch 1.1? From the streams i've seen there still seemed to be A LOT of bugs, really shaky AI, saw a few enemies just standing still right in front of you waiting to get hit and not attacking back, pretty often too. Dragon AI seemed really shaky also, and they appeared WAY too often in the short time I watched the stream (like 3 random encounters in 1 hour of play).

blame space said:
what's the one organ where you have two of them but you only really need one
Heart.

Mines up for sale too. Free shipping. I put 112 hours into Oblivion and I just so desperately want to go to this world. Stupid 16mm Film eating up my Skyrim money.

GreekWolf

Aurora said:
Well, I've come to accept American spelling in games for a long time now, but American voice acting in a fantasy game? I mean, can you imagine watching LotR with American accents? Plus, Oblivion had predominantly British voice acting. I know I'm not the only who is bothered by this.
I'm not sure what your complaint is, considering we already know that British accents are in Skyrim. However, I feel it's safe to assume Tamriel isn't located in London.

KingK

blame space said:
does anyone want to buy some of my blood or plasma or organs so I can buy this game

Don't you have a Plasma bank near where you live? There's one in my area where you can sell your plasma for like $50 once a week.

PONGSTAR

Banned
The perfect Dark said:
Oh god I'm so in love with this game. 4 hours played, still level 5, 20 side-quests open. It's the same feeling I had while I played Oblivion...I don't want to "leave" this world.
Oh the memories *sigh*... and the excruciating anticipation DAMMIT!!

K701

Banned
Got an email from that uk.gamesplanet.com site that said my authentication failed. So I mailed them back with the info they requested.

PONGSTAR

Banned
Lakitu said:
I'll check out a few reviews and stay in this thread. I'm not touching that stream.
I already made the mistake of watching some of the six hour gameplay that was posted a few days ago (albeit just about 15 minutes worth). No more gameplay spoilers for me...

Woorloog

Banned
CrazyDude said:
I knew that one voice was familiar.
Yeah, Michael Hogan voiced Captain Bailey from Citadel in ME2 and will appear, AFAIK, in Mass Effect 3 as well.
He also voiced Doc Mitchell in Fallout New Vegas.

cory021

Neo Member
To someone who has the game: How are the physics when you're walking down stairs? For some reason in Oblivion, walking at any quick pace resulted in your character floating halfway down the stairs. It what better in New Vegas, but still noticeable.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Blue Ninja said:
One neat thing they added is that you no longer have to activate cave entrances and such to enter them. Just keep walking.

Really? Does that mean they don't load either?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Blue Ninja said:
Of course they load.

You also still need to manually open doors.

Ohhh, nevermind. I thought you meant by "activate" that you don't go in a door, read it wrong.

ashbash159 said:
Amazon UK has dispatched mine today.

This is the first preorder for a game ordered on Amazon that has been dispatched earlier than the day before it is supposed to be released.

Has anyone who preorders their games from Amazon got a game early from them before?

If Skyrim comes tomorrow I will be ecstatic.
I've pre-ordered from Amazon UK many, many times and never got them a day early. Always on release day.
Is yours a 360/PS3 game as my PC copy has yet to be despatched?

PS. But is it a next day delivery? Otherwise it may turn up on Friday all the same.

Wallach

Snuggler said:
Great, now I'm gonna be accidentally walking into dungeons all the time :mad:.

Watch where you're going, noob; this is Skyrim, there are probably bears or spiders or some shit down there you can't just walk wherever the fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom