• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.

abundant

Smash88 said:
I'm watching it again, because it LOOKS SO GOOD!

BETHESDA/ZENIMAX I KNOW YOU ARE READING THESE FORUMS LET US WATCH VIDEOS ABOUT YOUR GAME GOD DAMNIT! WHY KILL HYPE!?
Don't worry, the floodgates open tomorrow. On top of Giant Bomb's marathon, Gamespot, IGN, and Gametrailers are doing marathons as well.

Falagard

Aurora said:
We have to deal with American spelling, and now American voice acting as well? That's seriously disappointing.

You could decide to only play games from... wherever it is you are from.

Dr. Ecco

Neo Member
Today my girlfriend solved for me the first character problem. I showed her the different races, explained her the different playstyles and decided that I play a blonde, half-face painted breton wielding a hand axe and some kind of magic. She is awesome.

My second character though will be a bow-and-alchemy khajiit. I love those adorable freaks.

As soon as modding tools are available, I need to create a custom set of blue iron armor and just use a fireball spell in my right hand.

Fucking Nordic Megaman.

Esch

Banned
Aurora said:
We have to deal with American spelling, and now American voice acting as well? That's seriously disappointing.
So you expected completely english va and spelling from an american product? That's just stupid.

Vire

Aurora said:
You do realize Bethesda is an American company?

What's your problem anyway...

Meantime

Wallach said:
Yeah, there were 8 slots for keybinding spells (or items). Pretty sure you can still do that in Skyrim since in the first gameplay video there's switching between weapons and spells without accessing even the favorites menu.

I might be missing something but it seems a lot more limited than it was in Oblivion. You can set up two 'shortcuts' by holding left or right on the d-pad when the quick select menu is open to assign a weapon/spell to slot 1 or 2. After that, you can tap left or right on the d-pad to switch weapons/spells. Only problem is that I don't see a way to determine which hand the shortcut refers to, and as a result it's really, really awkward to use. I'm hoping I'm just being stupid and missing something obvious, because it doesn't seem to work very well at all.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
What I don't understand is if you can't activate the PC version until Steam says so. Why can't you buy the PC version early. It makes no sense.

Is it weird for me to be excited to rummage through bookshelves and collect all books I can find? I think this time around ill actually read all the books in a game like this...

HildyB

Bootaaay said:
Also, I've encountered a really shitty and annoying glitch - it doesn't affect gameplay at all, but is still pretty irritating;

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v224/Bootaaay/Blah/DSC_0340.jpg

Yes, that's an arrow stuck in my guy's neck, and yes I've tried everything I can think of to get rid of it :(

My buddy had a Brahmen (cow thingy) in Fallout 3 attached to his forehead for his playthrough... try targeting through a cow...

Echoplx

cyberheater said:
What I don't understand is if you can't activate the PC version until Steam gives says so. Why can't you buy the PC version early. It makes no sense.

It's why devs like Steamworks, if they could do the same for consoles they would.

Woorloog

Banned
Damn... i had a Nord warrior character planned. Suddenly i want to make a mage-fighter. Dammit.
Oh and an archer character.

Midou

Kasavin is doing a 12 hour marathon tomorrow morning, 8 AM pacific, 11 AM EST on giantbomb, I will watch some of it. Greg is a pretty cool dude.

pakkit

Banned
Can you stroll around the open-world relatively early without fear of getting destroyed, or is it similar to Dark Souls where each step is a roll of the dice? I loved that I could take Red Dead Redemption at my pace, except for the occasional psychotic, horse-eating cougar.

Wallach

Midou said:
Kasavin is doing a 12 hour marathon tomorrow morning, 8 AM pacific, 11 AM EST on giantbomb, I will watch some of it. Greg is a pretty cool dude.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

There's no way I'm coming into this thread tomorrow. I might have to just go do something tomorrow instead of be anywhere near the internet until 9 PM.

pakkit said:
Can you stroll around the open-world relatively early without fear of getting destroyed, or is it similar to Dark Souls where each step is a roll of the dice? I loved that I could take Red Dead Redemption at my pace, except for the occasional psychotic, horse-eating cougar.
It's a lot like RDR, though there will be a few more powerful enemies waiting to make your life hell.

Woorloog

Banned
pakkit said:
The former. That said, dragons can attack you anywhere. And if you go off roads, prepare to fight.

Zeliard

pakkit said:

Scaling is similar to Fallout 3 so you can come across places that are at a higher level range than you are.

Derrick01

Banned
pakkit said:

You'll be able to take your time and enjoy your surroundings.

Though I believe it was Timber who said he got wrecked (aka 1 shotted) by a random bandit out in the wilderness so there is some element of danger at least.

Midou

Wallach said:

There's no way I'm coming into this thread tomorrow. I might have to just go do something tomorrow instead of be anywhere near the internet until 9 PM.

To be fair, there are a lot of people who have already played a lot, and people in this topic who have been watching streams. People are pretty good about marking spoilers, usually.

abundant

Wallach said:

What's wore is that GB aren't the only ones doing marathons. IGN, GS, and GT are also doing marathons tomorrow.

Wallach

QP3 said:
What does it mean when it says for example "Requires:50" for a particular perk? Does that mean I need to have at least a level 50 in that skill to obtain that perk?

Yeah, it's the skill level requirement.

Zeliard

I bet none of the released vids tomorrow from major sites will be as effective as a showcase for the game as that dragon vid from earlier. :p

Aurora

EschatonDX said:
So you expected completely english va and spelling from an american product? That's just stupid.
Vire said:
You do realize Bethesda is an American company?

What's your problem anyway...
Well, I've come to accept American spelling in games for a long time now, but American voice acting in a fantasy game? I mean, can you imagine watching LotR with American accents? Plus, Oblivion had predominantly British voice acting. I know I'm not the only who is bothered by this.

webrunner said:
Remember, Bethesda has absolutely no control over their legal department. It's like a zoo over there, the devs are at complete mercy of the legal team who roam the wasteland in salvaged armor.
It's probably some young paralegal who's in Zenimax's legal group. His/Her only job it do hunt down all videos & streams posted before 11-11-11. I imagine they hate their own job.

Wallach

Zeliard said:
I bet none of the released vids tomorrow from major sites will be as effective as a showcase for the game as that dragon vid from earlier. :p

TdevN.jpg

Reluctant-Hero said:
It's probably some young paralegal who's in Zenimax's legal group. His/Her only job it do hunt down all videos & streams posted before 11-11-11. I imagine they hate their own job.

If my job was to look for vids on youtube all day, I think I'd get by just fine.

Oh god I'm so in love with this game. 4 hours played, still level 5, 20 side-quests open. It's the same feeling I had while I played Oblivion...I don't want to "leave" this world.

Lakitu

st5fu
Wallach said:

I'll check out a few reviews and stay in this thread. I'm not touching that stream.

Midou

Aurora said:
Well, I've come to accept American spelling in games for a long time now, but American voice acting in a fantasy game? I mean, can you imagine watching LotR with American accents? Plus, Oblivion had predominantly British voice acting. I know I'm not the only who is bothered by this.

I've heard British and other non-american accents in the trailers.

Also, some actors, like Michael Hogan, are Canadian, and still awesome.

webrunner

blame space said:
does anyone want to buy some of my blood or plasma or organs so I can buy this game

I've got a Kyessel BR-343 Plasma Injection Inter-Star Engine that I could use some cheap high-quality fuel for. How much do you got?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom