• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slackbladder said:
I've pre-ordered from Amazon UK many, many times and never got them a day early. Always on release day.
Is yours a 360/PS3 game as my PC copy has yet to be despatched?

PS. But is it a next day delivery? Otherwise it may turn up on Friday all the same.
Xbox 360.

Aurora said:
Well, I've come to accept American spelling in games for a long time now, but American voice acting in a fantasy game? I mean, can you imagine watching LotR with American accents? Plus, Oblivion had predominantly British voice acting. I know I'm not the only who is bothered by this.

"Accept" American spelling? Didn't realize we used inferior spelling over here :(

I'd rather have Norwegian, or Finnish, or any other Scandinavian country's accent, it makes more sense with the theme!

I was also going to mention Christopher Plummer, who does a British VO in the game. Not sure why you're so weird about it...

Woorloog

Banned
INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
"Accept" American spelling? Didn't realize we used inferior spelling over here :(

I'd rather have Norwegian, or Finnish, or any other Scandinavian country's accent, it makes more sense with the theme!
No you don't want Finnish accent. Apparently i sound a bit like German (according to some HaloGAFerrs). Most Finns have lazy accent, there's no weight in right places etc. So called Rally Driver Accent. Not good. Completly unsuitable for voice acting.

Derrick01 said:
You can live on one lung? Learn something new every day I suppose

*the more you know*
I know you can live with one and half lung but i'm not sure about one lung. But then the post i quoted claimed you don't need half a brain...

Cynar

INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:

It's really annoying to see if you're from another country. Pretty much any country other than the U.S., it was refreshing to see the correct spelling in space marine.

Cutwolf

Cynar said:
It's really annoying to see if you're from another country. Pretty much any country other than the U.S., it was refreshing to see the correct spelling in space marine.

Woorloog said:
No you don't want Finnish accent. Apparently i sound a bit like German (according to some HaloGAFerrs). Most Finns have lazy accent, there's no weight in right places etc. So called Rally Driver Accent. Not good. Completly unsuitable for voice acting.

The pretentiousness is strong in these ones.

Izayoi

Banned
The Albatross said:
I usually get shipment noticed on the day before for release day shipping. But my shipping center is 20 mins from my house.. so..
Nearest shipping center to me is almost two hours away.

worry.jpg

Guys, is it possible to use lets say Australian VPN in order to unlock the game on Steam earlier? Already have it preloaded but the wait will kill me and on Friday morning I leave for a business trip and will be away for 4 days so I hoped I can get a few hours of play before I leave

Izayoi

Banned
Cynar said:
You have to be joking. I don't have any problems playing games with non-American spellings.

Woorloog

Banned
Cutwolf said:
The pretentiousness is strong in these ones.
What's wrong with me claiming us Finns english accents are horrible? Because that's the truth. IMO. At least non-actors accents are horrible, mine included.

For that Amazon pre-order, it's very unlikely that you'll get it tomorrow. Chances are, you'll get it Friday. I've bought almost all of my last 10 release day games on Amazon with release day shipping and I've never gotten them early.

Only once did I get it late,a nd it was Madden '12 after the hurricane this year.

daviyoung

Banned
Melhisedek said:
Guys, is it possible to use lets say Australian VPN in order to unlock the game on Steam earlier? Already have it preloaded but the wait will kill me and on Friday morning I leave for a business trip and will be away for 4 days so I hoped I can get a few hours of play before I leave

Not worth it.

1. Hassles if something goes wrong. Serious hassles.
2. It's an epic game, a few hours won't cut it at the beginning of an RPG.

Fjordson

For anyone interested, Dave Snider from Whiskey Media (Giant Bomb) is doing a "Pre-Skyrim Marathonstravaganza: Elder Scrolls Edition" tonight at midnight.

Izayoi said:
Amazon still hasn't shipped my order. ;_;
I wouldn't fret yet, I use release date delivery all the time and sometimes won't get a shipping confirmation until 6 or 7PM the night before the game is supposed to arrive.

Izayoi

Banned
The Albatross said:
For that Amazon pre-order, it's very unlikely that you'll get it tomorrow. Chances are, you'll get it Friday. I've bought almost all of my last 10 release day games on Amazon with release day shipping and I've never gotten them early.

Only once did I get it late,a nd it was Madden '12 after the hurricane this year.
I'm more concerned about it being late. Shipments don't arrive until very late in the day, and sometimes there are problems with larger boxes (see: Dragon Edition). Guess I'll just cross my fingers and hope for the best.

I found an unusable repair hammer. Beth is teasing me, and frankly, I don't care. :lol

And there were actually two necromancers and two fire mages. Bastards. They're dead now, though.

Derrick01

Banned
INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:

Some british people think we spell some words wrong, not realizing that when you lose the war you don't get to decide what's correct ;)

Salaadin

Blue Ninja said:
Dammit, a bunch of Necromancers are kicking my ass over and over and over again. :lol
Ask them to summon you back from the dead when they kill you and then turn on them.

I wish this was possible.

GreekWolf

Blue Ninja said:
Dammit, a bunch of Necromancers are kicking my ass over and over and over again. :lol
Ninja, you're playing on Adept right? I was thinking about going Expert, but if you're getting repeatedly whacked on a lower level then I might bump it down a notch. Yes, I'm the weak sauce :'(

ASilva

Neo Member
Just bought it through uk.gamesplanet.com

This site used to be (or still is) game.co.uk's digital download site?
Because i tried to register and I already had an account, recovered the password and realized that I had a game there (RIFT) I bought through GAME on a promotion a couple of months ago

Carcetti

I've dedicated my friday on starting this but will I do:

- Meleeing 2-hander nord...
- Full magic elf...
- Or 1-hander + spells Breton...? Help!

GreekWolf said:
Ninja, you're playing on Adept right? I was thinking about going Expert, but if you're getting repeatedly whacked on a lower level then I might bump it down a notch. Yes, I'm the weak sauce :'(
Yeah. It's already pretty hard.

THERE'S MORE OF THEM. D:

Timber

I'm playing on the hardest difficulty level and it's challenging but doable. I'm a mage with barely any armor so a well-armed foe can take me down in a matter of seconds. I've taken to summoning lots of flame atronarchs to divert their attention.

Wallach

Timber said:
I'm playing on the hardest difficulty level and it's challenging but doable. I'm a mage with barely any armor so a well-armed foe can take me down in a matter of seconds. I've taken to summoning lots of flame atronarchs to divert their attention.

Sounds like what I'm in for. What's your conjuration at?

KorrZ

Has anyone confirmed if wearing Heavy Armor gives you penalties to spells? I really want to be a heavy armored battle mage.

CrazyDude

booga-3.png

Timber

Wallach said:
Sounds like what I'm in for. What's your conjuration at?
27 or 28 I believe. The highest level skills I have right now (character level 11) are just over 30.

I summoned a zombie Elk and it just ran the hell away.

Wallach

Timber said:
27 or 28 I believe. The highest level skills I have right now (character level 11) are just over 30.

I summoned a zombie Elk and it just ran the hell away.

That's what happens when you resurrect something as dumb as an Elk. You're lucky it even got back up on all fours.

Well, I found out why there were so many hard enemies in that dungeon...

I found a freakin' word wall! I can breathe fire, motherfuckers. Don't mess with me.

Cynar

Izayoi said:
You have to be joking. I don't have any problems playing games with non-American spellings.
Found me out. It doesn't bother me really, I wasn't joking about space marine though. :p

So will playing on the hard / very hard difficulties actually make the game unenjoyably difficult, or is it worth it for a bit of challenge?

EDIT: I also just got the patch installed. I'm so fucking ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom