• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erudite

Any word on proper 16:10 support for PC?

The Witcher 2 not supporting it on release really bugged me. Hope it's not the case with Skyrim.

Ghost23

Finally, with much pondering, I think I have found my race. I am going to be an Imperial who focuses mostly on destructive/summoning magic but also is skilled in the one-handed weapon field. He will be glorious!

12 hours to go. Any Aussies staying up till midnight to play? I'm thinking about it but I would rather feel fresh in the morning for a full day of Skyrim :)

Hawk269

I snapped and ordered the Collectors Edition for the PC...Not sure what I was thinking, game was on my radar, but been avoiding alot of stuff...strolled into best buy and next thing I knew I was pre-ordering the collectors edition...lol

Echoplx

Sutton Dagger said:
12 hours to go. Any Aussies staying up till midnight to play? I'm thinking about it but I would rather feel fresh in the morning for a full day of Skyrim :)

I will be, ordering Pizza and all :p

KingK said:
Keep in mind that, while the level cap is 70, there's a "soft cap" at level 50. This means that you'll level up normally up until level 50, and after that it will take a lot longer to level up your guy.

What I'm going to do is, on my first playthrough, have a Dunmer with all out offense. Lots of Destruction magic, one-handed swords, heavy armor, and maybe a little more in Restoration and Alteration to heal and buff my guys defense.

I'm also planning a second character, who will be a Bosmer with awesome stealth, alchemy, and archery skills, with some illusion magic and one-handed for when I need to fight close up.
Interesting. I'll just have to be careful in choosing perks. Of course, how much I've leveled a skill will help dictate which perk I should choose next as well.

Hawk269 said:
I snapped and ordered the Collectors Edition for the PC...Not sure what I was thinking, game was on my radar, but been avoiding alot of stuff...strolled into best buy and next thing I knew I was pre-ordering the collectors edition...lol

Good choice!

Izayoi

Banned
Hawk269 said:
Yesss.

Dragon Editions unite.

Teknoman

Smash88 said:
The specs aren't that ridiculous. They are still using their modified Gamebryo (Is that what's it called?)- aka Creation Engine - if you can run Fallout Vegas with good settings you are good.

Very nice to hear.

Clevinger

djplaeskool said:
Good ol' Kotaku

Skyrim Will Have Infinite Randomly Generated Content. But Will It Ever Feel as Real as Minecraft?

You know you're just rewarding them by linking to them and giving them hits, right?

Bentendo

I just got back from work. They were about to put all of the copies they had of Skyrim out on shelves. I had fifteen copies of the game in my hands, but I did the honest thing and put them in the backroom. I was so close. :(

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Bentendo said:
I just got back from work. They were about to put all of the copies they had of Skyrim out on shelves. I had fifteen copies of the game in my hands, but I did the honest thing and put them in the backroom. I was so close. :(

You fool!

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
mik83kuu said:
Will definetily play a sneaky thief with skills in anything related to pickpocketing, stealing, sneaking, bows, 1-handers and such. The thing is... I might go for an Orc just for shits and giggles.

Anyone else planning to do an unconventional race/"class" combo?

Edit: In the end I might just roll a cat-man, because that would be a first ever furry for me.

This is exactly how I played my Orc in Oblivion. I started being this crazed melee killer, only to spend most of the 350+ hours in it as a sneaky thief archer.

Unicorn

Can someone explain the VPN thing to me.

PM me if necessary, so as not to clutter the thread.

Also, bought from the UKGamesPlanet and I'm in US. Was about $47.47 Still waiting for the email with the key in it.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
I bought the 360 CE and the Steam version, so here's my plan:

360) Argonian - Going for 1-hander coupled with Destruction magic, using bows when at range. Lots of sneaking, pickpocketing, and lockpicking will ensue.

PC) Imperial - Going for two-handed bad assery here, heavy armor, and focusing on Illusion and Restoration for magic.

At some point, maybe when the DLC hits, I'd like to try a pure caster, as a Dunmer.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Atomski said:
Preloading Steam version :D. Noticed its only 4.3gigs.. seems kinda small.

Wish it unlocked 12am eastern time. :(

Isn't it like 6 GB ... And it does unlock at 12am EST?

Bizarro post yours is

Diseased Yak said:
I bought the 360 CE and the Steam version, so here's my plan:

360) Argonian - Going for 1-hander coupled with Destruction magic, using bows when at range. Lots of sneaking, pickpocketing, and lockpicking will ensue.

PC) Imperial - Going for two-handed bad assery here, heavy armor, and focusing on Illusion and Restoration for magic.

At some point, maybe when the DLC hits, I'd like to try a pure caster, as a Dunmer.

How are you going to decide which one to play? :O

Stuart444

I promise I wouldn't play it until my girlfriend got here on Friday so I'll have the PS3 version tomorrow (Shopto never fails to get it here to me a day early usually :D ) but won't be able to play it right away. :( oh well...

Good news is, I am playing Oblivion (360 version) while I wait, like a nice final goodbye to Oblivion before I get stuck into Skyrim. I also normally ALWAYS choose Breton but with my current Oblivion save, I went with Nord to see if I would enjoy it in Skyrim... I'll probably end up going with Breton again but save Nord for another playthrough.

Smash88

Banned
H4mix.jpg

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Hrm, so level 70 = getting all your skills to 100. And in addition to the soft cap being 50, leveling up is dynamic, with increasing more developed skills pushing you more toward level up than increasing less developed skills.

So by ignoring some skills completely, hypothetically you could get to the level 50 soft cap with all of your preferred skills at 100, then. Can't calculate the number of skills that would need to be ignored without more information, though.

bengraven

Curious how long until the "pick 3 perks" mods will pop up, like in Fallout 3/NV.

People really hate to go through these games without getting every perk.

Wallach

EviLore said:
Hrm, so level 70 = getting all your skills to 100. And aside from the soft cap of 50, leveling up is dynamic, with increasing more developed skills pushing you more toward level up than increasing less developed skills.

So by ignoring some skills completely, hypothetically you could get to the level 50 soft cap with all of your preferred skills at 100, then. Can't calculate the number of skills that would need to be ignored without more information, though.

I don't think 70 is really a hard level cap, right? I thought Howard actually said he thought it was "somewhere in the 70s" because they specifically did not code a hard level cap.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Wallach said:
I don't think 70 is really a hard level cap, right? I thought Howard actually said he thought it was "somewhere in the 70s" because they specifically did not code a hard level cap.

If skills cap at 100 there is an inherent level cap with the way their system works. Do they not cap at 100 in Skyrim?

styl3s

Wait 360/PC gets DLC 30 days before PS3? goddammit i hate timed exclusive DLC.

its ruining gaming and now i am pretty much forced to buy the 360 version since i am impatient.

Wallach

EviLore said:
If skills cap at 100 there is an inherent level cap with the way their system works. Do they not cap at 100 in Skyrim?

I would assume so. I wonder though if the curve affects only the contribution towards next level or also actions to next skill point. Also I don't know if you can still lose skill points from being jailed.

Concept17

styl3s said:
Wait 360/PC gets DLC 30 days before PS3? goddammit i hate timed exclusive DLC.

its ruining gaming and now i am pretty much forced to buy the 360 version since i am impatient.

You're really going to blow through all the existing content before then? I'm sure you'll find plenty to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom