• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.

LProtag

So I don't remember if anyone said so but, can you transfer save files to another PS3 and then back again? I'm going to be traveling over Thanksgiving for a week and probably can't fit my PS3 in my carry-on, haha.

Khezu

Wallach said:
I would assume so. I wonder though if the curve affects only the contribution towards next level or also actions to next skill point. Also I don't know if you can still lose skill points from being jailed.

You don't lose points anymore, you just lose your current progress with all your skills.

KingK

InsertNameHere said:
So I don't remember if anyone said so but, can you transfer save files to another PS3 and then back again? I'm going to be traveling over Thanksgiving for a week and probably can't fit my PS3 in my carry-on, haha.

I'm pretty sure you can, but it disables trophies for that file.

liezryou

Is the steam pre-load really buggy for anyone else? I dled the full thing (5717.2 MB) but during the download it was going really slow and it didn't show the speed (just kept saying 0 kb/s). Also everytime i hit "Pre-Load" it shows 0% preloaded even though it's all there and everytime i hit the Pre-Load now in that window nothing happens. Wierd.

Mrbob

styl3s said:
Wait 360/PC gets DLC 30 days before PS3? goddammit i hate timed exclusive DLC.

its ruining gaming and now i am pretty much forced to buy the 360 version since i am impatient.

Isn't it just 360 getting the exclusive DLC? I think PC has to wait 30 days too like on PS3.

Thankfully it is only for the first two DLC packs I believe.

Teknoman

JumpingTheGun said:
dude your avatar is a fucking khajiit pokemon or whatever the hell it is. khajiit aint furries son.

Yeah thats why he said khajit fans dont equal furry fans. :p

I will say at least the animal/reptile like races look cool this time around.

LQX

I have a Amazon preorder with 2-day shipping for $53 which I'm going to cancel. Anyone that lives in a tax free shipping location interested before I do?

KorrZ

Quikies83 said:
What's the word on the PS3 version? Is it pretty much equal to the 360?

All reports say that the PS3 version is pretty much identical to the 360. Maybe some slight differences.

Cutwolf

Tomorrow at 8 AM (VPN, baby) Skyrim unlocks.

Then I'll be in court from 10 AM to about 3.

Then...

SKYRIM NONSTOP TIL SUNDAY

Dr. Ecco

Neo Member
I don't know if it has been answered before, but can you change "non-permanent" features like hair, facial hair and facial paint somewhere in the game (like a barbershop), or once you pick a style, that's it?

bananaman1234

Unconfirmed Member
Dr. Ecco said:
I don't know if it has been answered before, but can you change "non-permanent" features like hair, facial hair and facial paint somewhere in the game (like a barbershop), or once you pick a style, that's it?
I think the answer is no.

Edit: No as in there will be no barbershop-like services.

Gravijah said:
wood elf, dude! wood elf!

Isn't the nord also a viable stealth character ?

SlB1C.png

Little more combat heavy but also stealthy.

I'm not worried about the 30 day dlc exclusivity deal for the 360 either. It's not like you're gonna blow through this game in a couple days anyway. I still pop in my copy of Oblivion from time to time, and after 5 years and about 120 hours later, I can still find things/events/quests I've never seen before. I expect Skyrim to be similar in that regard.

Luthos

If you wanted, you could make a Orc stealth character. And be good at it. It doesn't matter.

edit: And yea, the 360 exclusive DLC thing is stupid just for the principle of the thing. But it's not like I'll run out of content before then.

Izayoi

Banned
Dr. Ecco said:
Only in vanilla.

ihasaflavour

Neo Member
Luthos said:
If you wanted, you could make a Orc stealth character. And be good at it. It doesn't matter.

edit: And yea, the 360 exclusive DLC thing is stupid just for the principle of the thing. But it's not like I'll run out of content before then.

Good thing I scrolled down before replying! I don't understand why some people are pigeon holing themselves to play a certain race due to stat bonuses. Are you guys just people who prefer to have MIN/MAX characters?

One more sleep.....and my body is ready.

Unicorn

Is there such thing as a stealth bonus on magic? Like the first magic attack that lands gets sneak bonus damage?

Also, where's my key UKGamesPlanet?!!? it's been 2 hours.

bengraven

If there are a lot of fetch quests contributing to the "infinite quests" thing, I really hope they add more variety with each DLC.

~Kinggi~

Banned
bengraven said:
If there are a lot of fetch quests contributing to the "infinite quests" thing, I really hope they add more variety with each DLC.
Id rather have the infinite fetch quests than none at all. Its just another way of adding endgame content. It would be impossible to develop infinite interesting quests.

Unicorn

3chopl0x said:
Can you not publicly link my video please >.>

Not my footage but i re uploaded it for GAF
joke? It's not gameplay.

It's live action trailer. uploaded on Oct 24.

EDIT Oops. My bad. Fucking my ctrl c and ctrl v have been fucked recently.

Quick question for those of you who are already playing skyrim.

Do arrows do locational damage , meaning headshots and upper body shots deal more damage ?

Is it like oblivion where a shot to the toe deals as much damage as a shot to the head?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom