• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atomski

DopeyFish said:
Isn't it like 6 GB ... And it does unlock at 12am EST?

Bizarro post yours is
It said 4.3 before I started downloading.. also I assumed it was going to unlock in pst like most games on Steam. Great news I guess :).

Complistic

gibon3z said:
Quick question for those of you who are already playing skyrim.

Do arrows do locational damage , meaning headshots and upper body shots deal more damage ?

Is it like oblivion where a shot to the toe deals as much damage as a shot to the head?

I don't think there's any locational damage.

Complistic said:
I remember them saying this months ago.

Not really a big deal but It got kinda silly in Oblivion after seeing a bandit with 40 arrows imbedded inside of his head.

I suppose there will be a mod to fix this anyway.

Luthos

gibon3z said:
Not really a big deal but It got kinda silly in Oblivion after seeing a bandit with 40 arrows imbedded inside of his head.

I suppose there will be a mod to fix this anyway.
It annoyed me too, but for what it's worth, bow & arrows are supposed to be a long stronger in Skyrim. So maybe it'll only be 4 arrows in his head. =D

bengraven

~Kinggi~ said:
Id rather have the infinite fetch quests than none at all. Its just another way of adding endgame content. It would be impossible to develop infinite interesting quests.

What I mean is that these quests are going to be similar to the RDR random encounters.

Think Mad Libs: "rescue my [mother] from [wolves] in [Spoofswallow Cave]" or "get me [10] [bear hides] for this recipe".

Which I'm okay with. I just hope that they don't get old. If so, I would like the DLC to add more variety to them, like how Broken Steel added new encounters to Fallout 3.

bowery

If I had to pick 2 games from the entire xbox library (this is including mass effect, gow, etc) it would be this and red dead redemption. And I would be content.

Wanace

Stupid Windows shut down last night for an update and interrupted my pre-load. Hopefully it will be finished in 12 hours, time to fire up the VPN and unlock! Then a half-day of work tomorrow and 3 days straight of Skyrim. Can't wait.

~Kinggi~

Banned
bengraven said:
What I mean is that these quests are going to be similar to the RDR random encounters.

Think Mad Libs: "rescue my [mother] from [wolves] in [Spoofswallow Cave]" or "get me [10] [bear hides] for this recipe".

Which I'm okay with. I just hope that they don't get old. If so, I would like the DLC to add more variety to them, like how Broken Steel added new encounters to Fallout 3.
Im sure the dlc will be substantial and interesting.

Gah 9 hours left! Time to sleep and when I wake up it'll be non-stop Skyrim time. Good luck to you all on Skyrim as I don't think I'll be coming back onto Gaf or any other website for at least a week or two or ten.

gibon3z said:
Isn't the nord also a viable stealth character ?

http://i.imgur.com/SlB1C.png

Little more combat heavy but also stealthy.
That chart is practically meaningless

Nord have absolutely 0 stealth bonus, the reason that chart has a little green on it for Nord is because they have a +5 bonus in Light Armor and a +5 bonus in Speech which are both classified as "Stealth" characteristics. That being said, those +5 bonuses mean zilch after about 2 levels worth of play - you'll get a little help in the beginning but +5 speech at level 23 isn't going to mean crap... let alone level 50 or 70. The only real meaningful difference between races is their appearance and their racial abilities/powers. Nord have a Battlecry and they're resistant to Frost. Even those won't mean too much late in the game though you'll probably be using Battlecry throughout for the hell of it.

My point is any race is a viable stealth character. If you really wanted to min/max though either a Khajiit or Bosmer have the most 'real' stealth bonuses.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
iSimon said:
Yep, Skyrim is officially on sale at Harvey Norman and EB Games in Australia.
Game as well. JB Hifi soon to follow.

Wanace

mik83kuu said:
So what VPN service are you guys using? Have a pre-load to activate :)

I use Astrill (pay for it because I live in China) and they have a free 7 day trial I believe.

Best VPN service I've ever used.

It's important to note that you must follow different set-up steps to get Steam to log in through the VPN. It's not hard though.

Takuya

Banned
Still debating on whether to go with Steam, or with PS3... It'll run much better and nicer graphically on Steam, but then I wouldn't have access to my desktop at the same time >_<.

KingK

About to start one of my last 2 sleeps before Skyrim. Exam tomorrow, and then a long day of classes on Friday and I'll be playing Skyrim by 6:00 Friday evening.

Einbroch

Banned
Rookie said:
On my way to EB games now, called and confirmed they broke street date.
My brother is confirming this as well. He's out the door apparently and flooring it before they change their mind.

Unicorn

Steam needs to break streetdate. I hate Steam now.

FUCK

3 hours and still no email from GamesPlanet.

Got the paypal email, but my account isn't missing the funds yet. bLKJSDGLKS

AvidNobody said:
Just bought the harcover guide through amazon. $23 is too good to pass up.

Although I haven't even bought the game yet haha.
i bought it, but still mad they arent honoring their typical release date delivery on books, so I wont get it til monday, after i'll probably have logged over 30 hours into the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom