• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.
ElyrionX said:
"The Elder Scrolls V cannot be installed because it is not yet released."

WTF is this shit? Master race, my ass. If I had bought the 360 version, I'd be blasting away by now.

Anyway, is there a point to preloading if I already have the physical copy?

Wait, you mean those shiny discs that come in the PC boxes still have the game on them? I thought they were there just to make us feel better while we were forced to download everything from the web.

RaGMasTeR90 said:
Here is a graphic comparison video from the console versions. I am surprised that it seems PS3 has higher res textures :O I wonder why they never showed PS3 footage than ...
http://www.4players.de/4players.php...lls_V_Skyrim/PS3Xbox_360_Grafikvergleich.html

Wow, that is surprising. I'm sure the 360 will get a patch to fix the texture issue, but well done to Bethesda for devoting some proper time and effort to the PS3 version.

Hopefully they're both equally matched on framerate and tearing.

Not showing any PS3 footage at all prior to release will definitely have affected PS3 sales, which is a shame considering how close the versions are. Whatever the reasons were for not showing it I hope this crap stops soon.

Thorndyke

Neo Member
Only played like 20min. Maybe its my replacement mouse i have with no drivers installed but the controlles feel very floaty. When I turn its like controller movement, but im using a mouse.
Impressed with dev consol access straight away. Just typed in FOV 90 and it worked.
Not to far into to comment on graphics just now. Have most things on High/ultra and it runs smoothly @ 1980x1020 (I have i5 2.7, 8 gigs, 6850, win7 64)

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
legbone said:
if you have release date delivery, it will happen sometime today. mine just changed to shipping soon. fuck yes. skyrim will be here tomorrow. glad i don't have to work.
Both Arkham City and BF 3 have come about 3 pm on release date for me. I have all day off tomorrow. If this shit isn't here at 7 am, I will go into hibernation or cryo freeze.

Thorndyke said:
Only played like 20min. Maybe its my replacement mouse i have with no drivers installed but the controlles feel very floaty. When I turn its like controller movement, but im using a mouse.
Impressed with dev consol access straight away. Just typed in FOV 90 and it worked.
Not to far into to comment on graphics just now. Have most things on High/ultra and it runs smoothly @ 1980x1020 (I have i5 2.7, 8 gigs, 6850, win7 64)

How do I change FOV?

leng jai

craigrushforth said:
Wow, that is surprising. I'm sure the 360 will get a patch to fix the texture issue, but well done to Bethesda for devoting some proper time and effort to the PS3 version.

Not showing any PS3 footage at all prior to release will definitely have affected PS3 sales, which is a shame considering how close the versions are. Whatever the reasons were for not showing it I hope this crap stops soon.

Maybe their experience with the PS3 version of Oblivion helped a lot. AFAIK is was the superior version (though it did come out a year later).

lucius

craigrushforth said:

Yeah it is weird when companies do that Deus Ex HR wasn't shown for 360 and that turned out the same pretty much, I even bought the 360 version.

pahamrick

Mouse controls feel floaty to me, and not very sensitive at all. Need to start digging in the ini files looking for a way to tweak sensitivity since there wasn't an option in the ingame control options.

Loxley

From what I can tell, most of the reviews seem to be avoiding hyperbole, which is great :) I'm glad we can all see 9's and not flip the fuck out.

This is going to be a long fucking day.

Thorndyke

Neo Member
blahblah...blah said:
How do I change FOV?
Assuming you have pc version.....press the tide (?) key. The key next to "1" key as per usual. Then, for eg, just type in FOV 90. And it will change. Or FOV "whatever number you want".

epmode

pahamrick said:
Mouse controls feel floaty to me, and not very sensitive at all. Need to start digging in the ini files looking for a way to tweak sensitivity since there wasn't an option in the ingame control options.
It's probably the mouse acceleration that's been in all of Bethesda's Gamebryo games. You can get rid of it with INI editing but I don't know how to do it for Skyrim.

FGMPR

Banned
This is one stunning looking game, imo. Settings at almost maxed and it just looks wonderful in motion. A massive upgrade from vanilla Oblivion...

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
FGMPR said:
This is one stunning looking game, imo. Settings at almost maxed and it just looks wonderful in motion. A massive upgrade from vanilla Oblivion...

Pics please.

Cutwolf

Jesus, the flickering on PC is horrible. Almost as bad as BF3 beta.

Putting everything on ultra and the whole screen literally flickers. On high, trees, rocks, etc all flicker in and out.

Smooth as butter and pretty but the flickering...

Radeon 6990+6970 in crossfire.

ttocs

Gvaz said:
Hows the graphics on the PC guys?

I'm interested in this as well. I thought the console and PC versions were comparable in terms of graphics based on an interview by Howard. The PC was supposed to be better, but only marginally. Any word on that?

Biggzy

lucius said:
Yeah it is weird when companies do that Deus Ex HR wasn't shown for 360 and that turned out the same pretty much, I even bought the 360 version.

Roughly the same situation with battlefield in terms off they showed the PS3 version at events and released all kinds of information at how they were shifting tasks to the cell. This got me worried about the 360 version, but it seems like both turned out OK

pahamrick

Cutwolf said:
Jesus, the flickering on PC is horrible. Almost as bad as BF3 beta.

Putting everything on ultra and the whole screen literally flickers. On high, trees, rocks, etc all flicker in and out.

Smooth as butter and pretty but the flickering...

Radeon 6990+6970 in crossfire.

Disable crossfire. I had the same problem, there's no crossfire profile yet. I'm actually getting better performance with crossfire disabled then I was with it enabled.

spekkeh

Banned
ttocs said:
I'm interested in this as well. I thought the console and PC versions were comparable in terms of graphics based on an interview by Howard. The PC was supposed to be better, but only marginally. Any word on that?
There were pics a few pages back and they looked pretty identical to me with the xbox version. Don't know how it compares in motion.

Cutwolf

pahamrick said:
Disable crossfire. I had the same problem, there's no crossfire profile yet. I'm actually getting better performance with crossfire disabled then I was with it enabled.

Easier said than done when the 6990 will run as my default card and it has built in crossfire.

pahamrick

Cutwolf said:
Easier said than done when the 6990 will run as my default card and it has built in crossfire.

Pretty sure disabling crossfire in the CCC will do it even for the 6990, that's how it worked when I used to have a Dual GPU card.

Unicorn

Wow, the UK GamesPlanet cancelled my payment for "fraud" and now my funds are locked. I then tried to use my credit card (different than the one tied to my paypal, used for GamesPlanet) on Steam, but Steam told me it was on hold as well.

WTF?

Orgun

Just got my copy, wow the map is nice quality. Nice and sturdy feeling.

edit: What the, can't even install it! Not released in your region :( FU region locking

Salaadin

Wasnt there supposed to be high res textures on the PC version? These on the disc or going to be a separate download on launch?

spekkeh

Banned
Salaadin said:
Wasnt there supposed to be high res textures on the PC version?
Don't think that was ever really the plan, just something people assume modders will do in a (couple of) year(s) from now.

NBtoaster

More (this is max settings)

tesv2011-11-1102-48-3pu86a.png

tesv2011-11-1103-07-37ojc8.png

Biggzy

spekkeh said:
Don't think that was ever really the plan, just something people assume modders will do in a (couple of) year(s) from now.

Think Todd Howard mentioned that they might release a texture pack for PC somewhere down the line, but it's not set in stone.

I'm confused... someone catch me up really quick please.

The Steam version unlocked - but only in Australia? Not in the US/Europe yet, but people are using VPNs to trick Steam into thinking they're in Australia so it unlocks early and then jumping into Offline Mode to play?

Correct?

Drazgul

ttocs said:

unbenannt1arubd.jpg

I'd say that's more than a marginal difference.

Rapstah

I wonder what the reason is behind the interface difference? Is the interface completely different between consoles and PC, and does the 360 version also include all the files of the PC interface?

In fact file sizes are pretty uncertain in that way. We can't tell how much of that is unused. Even if it's unlikely that the developers would include different amounts of unused content in different versions, if half the smaller size is garbage data, there's much more of a difference in data size of the actually used content up to the larger size.

Gvaz

Banned
Wazzim said:
There are screens on the previous page.
Those look like 360 shots.

NBtoaster said:
More (this is max settings)

http://www.abload.de/img/tesv2011-11-1102-48-3pu86a.png[/ig]
[img]http://www.abload.de/img/tesv2011-11-1103-07-37ojc8.png[/ig][/quote]

Ayup, needs a major texture upgrade.

How does it run? Any mid range setups?

Status