• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nezabyte

Neo Member
I hope those graphics for the PC are on low/medium or something. Was believing to be blown away after that supposed PC mountain pic that looked like concept art.

Phandy

Phandy said:
Oh god. This is horrible.
I've got my disc, PC version. Just got delivered.

Whenever I put it in the tray. It just makes a horrible churning noise and doesn't spin up.
Other DVDs work fine it and spin up quickly enough. After a while it spits the disc out and say "insert disc".
I hope I dont have a duff disc.

Although:
Can I put my CD key into steam and just download it?

It would appear that its my DVD drive. It runs fine on a laptop.
Might be needing a new Drive (I think its dying anyways).

Gonna download from steam.

Shadybiz

Garrus Vakarian said:
A manual didn't show up for me under the game's properties on steam like it does for some other games, I got my copy retail though if that makes a difference.

D'oh, thanks for letting me know. I might just get the physical copy then, since it seems that once I put it on Steam, I won't need the disc again.

Torraz

Phandy said:
It would appear that its my DVD drive. It runs fine on a laptop.
Might be needing a new Drive (I think its dying anyways).

Gonna download from steam.

Had the same problem with other discs (such as battlefield 3). Luckily I have an external DVD burner I bought for my netbook (which does not have a dvd drive) so I used that instead.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
hmm closed everything down then started up platinum ip set it to australia restarted steam and its still telling me i have to wait for the game to release to unlock

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
The entire numpad. Way to go, Bethesda. I guess your QA department doesn't have any left-handed testers.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Misterinenja said:
How is that a hard decision? If PS3 version looks good PC should look even better.
It really comes down to control. If the PC version fully supports with an X360 controller and will not require me to use my keyboard once I get settled in on the couch, then I will go PC. I need confirmation. Plus, if the PS3 version is close, amazon is giving $10 credits for the console versions.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
That's odd. I have to have the VPN client running (connected to Aus) to play the game.

GrizzNKev

Banned
Rygar 8 Bit said:
hmm closed everything down then started up platinum ip set it to australia restarted steam and its still telling me i have to wait for the game to release to unlock

I'm having the same issue with the same program. :(

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I don't do RPGs as such, but I like Zelda, and I've been loving Demons/Dark Souls. Would this be a good choice for me, or should I look at something like the Witcher?

Gattsu25

Banned
Truant said:
Same as oblivion. Texture detail and stuff, and then a separate page for view distance stuff. Also, FXAA is an option, even if you have MSAA on.
How is the PC interface? The oblivion interface seemed very controller-centric to me.

Darklord

Banned
Gattsu25 said:
How is the PC interface? The oblivion interface seemed very controller-centric to me.

From Brads review on GB the UI is still clunky on PC and could use a modded UI but still the best version.

Shadybiz

DenogginizerOS said:
It really comes down to control. If the PC version fully supports with an X360 controller and will not require me to use my keyboard once I get settled in on the couch, then I will go PC. I need confirmation.

That's a good point; I would like to know this as well. Hopefully it does.

Desaan

Woorloog said:
Damn... I have it. It's been almost a year since the announcement now. Really, feels strange. Installing now, i hope it is as good as i hope it is.

Frigging adrenaline.

Then, before you know it, it's 8 hours later and it's gone dark outside.

ElyrionX

"The Elder Scrolls V cannot be installed because it is not yet released."

WTF is this shit? Master race, my ass. If I had bought the 360 version, I'd be blasting away by now.

Anyway, is there a point to preloading if I already have the physical copy?

KKRT00

DenogginizerOS said:
It really comes down to control. If the PC version fully supports with an X360 controller and will not require me to use my keyboard once I get settled in on the couch, then I will go PC. I need confirmation. Plus, if the PS3 version is close, amazon is giving $10 credits for the console versions.
Both Fallout 3 and New Vegas have X360 Pad support so i'm pretty sure Skyrim has too.

Seep

EviLore said:
The entire numpad. Way to go, Bethesda. I guess your QA department doesn't have any left-handed testers.
No one ever thinks about us leftys.

All game devs are leftists!

Antagon

mrklaw said:
I don't do RPGs as such, but I like Zelda, and I've been loving Demons/Dark Souls. Would this be a good choice for me, or should I look at something like the Witcher?

I'd say you should try this. It's pretty accessible, even with all its depth. If you enjoy exploring in games then this is a must buy.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
ICJtf.png

:(((

LifEndz

DenogginizerOS said:
Damn. The PS3 version looks great. Decisions decisions. PC or PS3.

Happy to see that as I prefer the DS3. Have to wait until my next check to pick this up though. Guess it'll be lots of MW3 in the interim.

FWIW, there is a LOT of pop in on the PS3 version, like, whole mountains will pop in, the draw distance seems impressive at first but quickly that impression fades

Relative to what Oblivion brought graphically at it's time of release, Skyrim is a massive let down

LifEndz

dreamer3kx said:
Going to kill me but Im going to wait until I can pick this up for $40, just too much to play right now.

I feel your pain, bro. I never got through all the Fallout 3 dlc. Thinking about picking up a GOTY edition to hold me over until this gets cheaper....then again the Gaf pressure might be too much to bear.

Lakitu

st5fu
Guess it's one more day of Battlefield 3 multi. Enjoy the game for those who have it.

It wouldn't be so bad if the postman wasn't so late all the time. He comes at 1:30pm.

legbone

SpeedingUptoStop said:

if you have release date delivery, it will happen sometime today. mine just changed to shipping soon. fuck yes. skyrim will be here tomorrow. glad i don't have to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom