• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shurs said:
untitled-322x4e.gif
hahahhahahahah perfect! :D

stOex

fanboi said:
So, is it possible to:

1) unlock via vpn
2) download patches n shit via your regular internet?

No. Once you unlock via VPN, you can also download patches through VPN but it will most likely be super slow. Switch back to normal connection and Steam will most likely lock it again. Just my theory, not confirmed in any way.

Ponti

fanboi said:
So, is it possible to:

1) unlock via vpn
2) download patches n shit via your regular internet?
Yes, I'm in the UK, unlocked via VPN. Switched back to regular UK ISP to download the patch (it actually says preloading but it's downloading the same thing, only faster) then switched back to Aussie VPN to play.

Wanace

Arrgh, gonna have to wait until tomorrow afternoon to play this, curse you slow internet!

Have to satisfy myself with screenshots and reviews.

buckfutter said:
Uh, just unlocked on Steam over here in Melbourne, but every time I launch the game it makes it to the menu screen and then quits out.

A bit of an anticlimax.
NO SERIOUSLY. It just finished patching, but it still won't run without immediately dying at the menu. Tried running in windowed mode with all the settings turned down, still no luck. Anyone else getting this? Need someone to hold hands and stare balefully into the night sky with.

spekkeh

Banned
NBtoaster said:
PC screens:
[screens]
That's all for now, the game crashed when I alt-tabbed lol. Performance isn't perfect, I suggest turning down MSAA.

Looks the same texturewise, AA probably better (always looks different in motion). Gamma settings seem to be higher; that is I get annoyed by the over-implementation of HDR on the xbox where it's always too bright or too dark, here the characters just seem better visible. (or I'm just getting used to it)

GrizzNKev

Banned
Anyone want to enlighten me on the detailed specifics of the VPN method?

I tried an Australian one earlier as a test but the release date didn't change. Should I try again, or was I doing something wrong?

legbone

PowderedToast said:
i thought people cottoned on to this with the leaked intro and what not. i like todd and all but there's no doubt he's a master at bullshitting, he always does this.

i'm sorry, i'm hyped for the game as much as any release this year (well, except for driver) but todd howard is definitely a master of bullshitting. i still say he was playing the pc version and passing it off as the 360 version in the demo. i bet you can have 360 controller prompts when playing pc. i haven't seen it done yet but when i do i will have even more suspicion of the demo being a sham.

Shadybiz

Wow, great reviews so far!

Quick question: I am going to buy this off of Steam. How is the instruction manual handled? Is there a pdf version of it, or website, etc?

legbone

RaGMasTeR90 said:
Here is a graphic comparison video from the console versions. Odly enough it seems PS3 has higher res textures.
http://www.4players.de/4players.php...lls_V_Skyrim/PS3Xbox_360_Grafikvergleich.html

maybe the texture glitch doesn't affect the ps3 version and this guy's 360 version has already been bitten by the bug? thanks, this is getting interesting. just hope they can fix it with a patch.

edit: wow, that's a lot bigger difference than i thought at first. i really hope it's just a 360 bug that can be fixed. otherwise, 360 owners got screwed.

spekkeh

Banned
syllogism said:
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/11/10/skyrim-review-pc/
"I’m sorry Morrowind – I love you, but I don’t need you anymore. I think, at last, there is a new Best Elder Scrolls Ever."
How can that guy not have seen dragons in thirty hours. I see them all the bloody time. Specially during important dialogue scenes where my character and the other are standing about stoically talking to each other about a missing person while a twenty meter dragon is busy turning them into smoldering embers. Ah yes bless you Bethesda.

Shadybiz said:
Wow, great reviews so far!

Quick question: I am going to buy this off of Steam. How is the instruction manual handled? Is there a pdf version of it, or website, etc?
A manual didn't show up for me under the game's properties on steam like it does for some other games, I got my copy retail though if that makes a difference.

AEREC

NBtoaster said:
PC screens:

That's all for now, the game crashed when I alt-tabbed lol. Performance isn't perfect, I suggest turning down MSAA.

What are you running it on as far as specs?

legbone said:
maybe the texture glitch doesn't affect the ps3 version and this guy's 360 version has already been bitten by the bug? thanks, this is getting interesting. just hope they can fix it with a patch.
Might be. But the 360 version without the installation is horrendous lol. Much like BF3

Phandy

Oh god. This is horrible.
I've got my disc, PC version. Just got delivered.

Whenever I put it in the tray. It just makes a horrible churning noise and doesn't spin up.
Other DVDs work fine it and spin up quickly enough. After a while it spits the disc out and say "insert disc".
I hope I dont have a duff disc.

Although:
Can I put my CD key into steam and just download it?

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
GrizzNKev said:
Anyone want to enlighten me on the detailed specifics of the VPN method?

I tried an Australian one earlier as a test but the release date didn't change. Should I try again, or was I doing something wrong?

You have to completely shut down Steam. Run the VPN client and then start Steam. You'll see all the prices in Aus $.

Truant

leng jai said:
What sort of graphical options are there in the PC version?

Same as oblivion. Texture detail and stuff, and then a separate page for view distance stuff. Also, FXAA is an option, even if you have MSAA on.

Woorloog

Banned
Damn... I have it. It's been almost a year since the announcement now. Really, feels strange. Installing now, i hope it is as good as i hope it is.

Frigging adrenaline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom