• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roche

grkazan12 said:
At a standstill, was the $2 worth it people, I know it's not a lot but on the fence. Steam won't ban you for this?

Steam would be banning thousands of people if they did (they won't), they'll only ban you if you buy the game using a VPN because it's considered tax fraud, activating it is fine.

Blackface

Banned
grkazan12 said:
At a standstill, was the $2 worth it people, I know it's not a lot but on the fence. Steam won't ban you for this?

1. It was worth it

2. They won't ban you

3. Do it

4. Don't try to stream though. I got asked to turn off my stream with a few hundred people watching. Apparently only Giant Bomb can stream early, and Bethesda doesn't want any streams that do not meet with the NA NDA. Regardless of if it's out anywhere else.

Kud Dukan said:
I may try it later, but I always have this, perhaps irrational, fear that my Steam account would get banned lol.
I wouldn't say it's irrational, Steam Accounts can be worth a whole lot of money - I can't imagine having mine banned and I have a relatively small amount of games compared to some people.

ttocs

If your concern is 360 vs. PS3, then get whichever one you like more. The graphics will be comparable so it really just comes down to what you like to play.

Kud Dukan

Houston3000 said:
I wouldn't say it's irrational, Steam Accounts can be worth a whole lot of money - I can't imagine having mine banned and I have a relatively small amount of games compared to some people.

Yeah, maybe unfounded would be a better choice of words there, rather than irrational.

Woorloog

Banned
Awesome... seeing the enviroments makes smile. Beatiful game, even if ain't graphically top notch like Crysis 2 or Battlefield 3.
Now to hunt dragons.

ttocs

Woorloog said:
Awesome... seeing the enviroments makes smile. Beatiful game, even if ain't graphically top notch like Crysis 2 or Battlefield 3.
Now to hunt dragons.
Just remember that it's an open world sandbox game so it's not going to compete with those powerhouses. For a sandbox game though, it's beautiful!

FGMPR

Banned
Here are a few PC screenshots...

Maxed out @1680x1050, FXAA (i7 920, 6GB RAM and a GTX 580). Performance is good, as you would expect, although not 60fps or anything. Looks somewhere between 30 and 60 to me (with no drops), but that's just guessing.

D9667C1649A2D187DB7D4490554A0921351BBAA8

B20628DEA1A380EFBBFE762899A8511119EB6FA5

084C469D5C0D64EE0AB6F7757ECC7185F1932336

B22D249CD23A431306CD4C054AB21464C705EABA

zsswimmer said:
Gonna try using a VPN :eek:

I used VPNsecure.me - there's a 2 day/2 dollar plan that gets you access to their Aussie VPN, one of the other VPNs listed in here didn't work for me (7 day trial, locked out of using Aussie server)

Worked like a charm for me.

Lyonaz

I'm weak, told myself I won't buy this game, because I hated Oblivion. But the chance to slay dragons in a Nordic setting won me over.
Ordered it online and should recieve it tomorrow.

Just got to Riverwood now. Going to do a little bit of the main quest before branching out.

Quick question - drop, favourite, etc. don't seem to be working for me (i.e. I select something and pressing R doesn't drop it, pressing F doesn't favourite it). Where am I going wrong?

Intriguingly, R works when it's 'store' (put stuff in a cupboard) but not when it's 'drop'

zsswimmer

INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
I used VPNsecure.me - there's a 2 day/2 dollar plan that gets you access to their Aussie VPN, one of the other VPNs listed in here didn't work for me (7 day trial, locked out of using Aussie server)

Worked like a charm for me.
Already have a VPN I bought so I'm going to use that, thanks though. Kinda nervous about unlocking early though :eek:

bengraven

I can't believe I'm saying this, but...

I think you guys have convinced me to play the PC version with the 360 pad.

I put in 200 hours with Morrowind GOTY on Xbox and 160 hours of Oblivion on Xbox 360 so I'm not completely against the idea. I'm just ashamed because I'm master race.

But the clincher is this: if the menus are hard to navigate with a mouse and the UI was built for a 360 I don't want it to feel awkward.

Besides, it's not like I'm trying to make sure my aim is perfect for those bow and arrow head shots. lol

Can we share VPNs? I mean... if it's a 2-day trial and you just use it to unlock I would assume a lot of you are already finished using it and just playing in offline mode now.

Salaadin

ColeTheMole said:
thread needs more pc specs and screens.
There should be a rule that anyone who posts PC screens also posts their specs :p

Snkfanatic said:
I really hope you are kidding....Witcher 2 graphics in a Sandbox game?
Lol, maybe in 10 years.
It is kind of a shame that Oblivion modders high res texture packs looked better than Skyrims high res textures done by Bethesda...unless theyre going to have a texture pack released tomorrow similar to what DA2 did.

BFIB

Found out I get can it on D2D and get a Steam key for $45. Think I may take the plunge. Slaying dragons just sounds too cool to pass up.

Houston3000 said:
Can we share VPNs? I mean... if it's a 2-day trial and you just use it to unlock I would assume a lot of you are already finished using it and just playing in offline mode now.

That's what a lot of people are doing elsewhere. One person buys the 2 day pass, and then it gets passed along for people to unlock.

Gvaz

Banned
ihasaflavour said:
Not to turn this into a flame but come on...comparing The Witcher 2 to Skyrim? Not even CLOSE to the scale of Skyrim...
I'm comparing graphics not gameplay.

Low res textures on PC is for the dogs.

Esch

Banned
Does this game have motion blur?
Gvaz said:
I'm comparing graphics not gameplay.

Low res textures on PC is for the dogs.

He's saying that there is no fucking way this game could have that LoD combined with how big it is and how much content there is. Even if it was PC exclusive. Totally ridiculous expectations.

spk

Is there a way to unlock or rotate the camera so I can see my face?
EschatonDX said:
[BlurShaderHDR]
bDoHighDynamicRange=1
[BlurShader]
bUseBlurShader=0

This is in the settings ini. Maybe?

KKRT00

ttocs said:
Just remember that it's an open world sandbox game so it's not going to compete with those powerhouses. For a sandbox game though, it's beautiful!
The problem is not tech, modern PC can handle better textures in this environment, its called streaming, the problem is that Bethesda hasnt put high res textures in PC version, even though they have them on servers [nobody in art department is doing low res textures as a base], same goes for shaders.
The same, however, cant be said about tech, because tech is limited to the platform and if they wont make PC exclusive features, You wont get anything beyond consoles on PC.

TheExodu5 said:
How are people playing the PC version?
They've activated it in Australia.

Roche

TheNiX said:
That's what a lot of people are doing elsewhere. One person buys the 2 day pass, and then it gets passed along for people to unlock.

Yeah it'd be really cool if we could do this here, for those of us who don't have the means or money to get our own accounts.

Echoplx

MikeE21286 said:
Do you have a 360 controller that you can use on your PC? If so, thoughts on how it works (UI changes?, sensitivity, general, etc.)?

Thanks!

I do have one, It detected and enabled natively with full button prompts. I haven't used it much but from what I tried it functioned exactly like it would on 360.

DangerStepp

TheExodu5 said:
Maybe they live in regions where it's already Friday.... I think.

How come so many folks are concerned about using the 360 pad on PC? That's cool and all, but you don't find any advantage in setting hot-keys and performing several actions in a split-second or is that not your cup of tea? I'm at a loss to understand.

Grassy

ColeTheMole said:
thread needs more pc specs and screens.

Running perfectly on HD6970(using the RAGE performance drivers), i7 2600k, 8 gig RAM on Ultra(8xAA etc). No crashes or problems in 2 hours so far, 360 controller works perfectly too with icons etc for those who care.

Screens don't really do the game justice, in motion the world is beautiful.

tesv2011-11-1101-58-5wwul3.jpg

TheExodu5 said:

It's 2:20am 11/11/11 here in Australia :)

Gvaz

Banned
EschatonDX said:

He's saying that there is no fucking way this game could have that LoD combined with how big it is and how much content there is. Even if it was PC exclusive. Totally ridiculous expectations.
*looks at the mods for oblivion, fallout, morrowind*
*looks back at you with dead, uncaring eyes*

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
I hate PC guys
I'm so jealous

On the bright side, Amazon changed to "Shipping Soon"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom