• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.
FGMPR said:
Here are a few PC screenshots...

Maxed out @1680x1050, FXAA (i7 920, 6GB RAM and a GTX 580). Performance is good, as you would expect, although not 60fps or anything. Looks somewhere between 30 and 60 to me (with no drops), but that's just guessing.

D9667C1649A2D187DB7D4490554A0921351BBAA8

B20628DEA1A380EFBBFE762899A8511119EB6FA5

084C469D5C0D64EE0AB6F7757ECC7185F1932336

B22D249CD23A431306CD4C054AB21464C705EABA

For all it's worth, it looks better than Oblivion, that is what matters.

Complistic said:
Oh man, it's going to take a while for modders to make this game look visually interesting I see.

The game already looks visually interesting due to the fantastic artistic direction.

I'm 64 hours in, and the game is still surprising me visually, both out in the open world and in dungeons, which out of the 40 or so I've cleared, only a handful have looked remotely similar.

Bootaaay said:
The game already looks visually interesting due to the fantastic artistic direction.

I'm 64 hours in, and the game is still surprising me visually, both out in the open world and in dungeons, which out of the 40 or so I've cleared, only a handful have looked remotely similar.

Do you realise you're making the wait for tomorrow so much harder? Ban tbh :)

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Well that sucks, got a VPN account to unlock it and for some reason I need to download half of the game again.

Complistic

ElyrionX said:
Uhh, you can't get 60 fps maxing the game out with a GTX 580?

I'm sure once optimized drivers are released for it we won't have any problems.

Bootaaay said:

Doesn't matter how good the art direction is if everything looks like mud.

wiggleb0t

Banned
Those screen shots look absolutely awful.
The lake shot well ok nice water.....
Textures look like rubbish, had to squint to make out that was a sword in your hand and ewwwww the textures.....

:(

Nemesis_

Guys, any ideas if doing the questline for
The Dark Brotherhood assassinations
will lock out any other quests? Will I be "cutting off the source" if I do so?

I know it's early days but I am wondering if they maybe mentioned it in any pre-release media....

ttocs

Zeliard said:
This work day needs to end.
We're all right there with you. The only thing getting me through is reading about the game on forums and watching diaries.

Plus, Giant Bombs live play starts in 25 minutes, so that will be good.

KKRT00

FGMPR said:
Here are a few PC screenshots...

Maxed out @1680x1050, FXAA (i7 920, 6GB RAM and a GTX 580). Performance is good, as you would expect, although not 60fps or anything. Looks somewhere between 30 and 60 to me (with no drops), but that's just guessing.
Wait what? Not 60 fps in this resolution, with 580 and without MSAA?
Can anyone with a game do some benchmarks with fraps? Or just observe the meter?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Skyrim PC sure does look dated. Modders...ENHANCE!

spk

Grassy said:
Running perfectly on HD6970(using the RAGE performance drivers), i7 2600k, 8 gig RAM on Ultra(8xAA etc). No crashes or problems in 2 hours so far, 360 controller works perfectly too with icons etc for those who care.

Screens don't really do the game justice, in motion the world is beautiful.

tesv2011-11-1101-58-5wwul3.jpg

It's 2:20am 11/11/11 here in Australia :)
How do you turn the camera around?

george_us

God dammit I bought this despite the fact that I still have half of Dark Souls, Uncharted 3, and Modern Warfare 3 to finish plus SR3 next week.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
spekkeh said:
On a scale of 1 to 10 on game experience, I care about a -1.5.
You either don't have the HW or are stubborn. Performance absolutely does add to the impressiveness and overall immersion of a game. I thought a little like you before I got my new PC earlier this year. There is no argument. If you firmly believe in what you said then your opinion is severely flawed.

inky

I just wanted to come in and say how I hate very single person playing this game right now. I hate you with all my heart.

That's all. Now, enjoy the game.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
for all the talk of low res textures etc - is it likely the developer will bring out a high res texture pack like for Crysis 2? Or is that something the modders will jump on?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I went and made a PC performance thread. Nothing special right now but I just want to get some conversation going since this thread is getting busy too fast.

nataku

My GPU (GTX 460) died. Or at least some part of my PC did. I'm getting graphic glitches and errors all over the place in games and my GPU temp is way too high this time or year while idle (48c).

My PC completely froze up while trying DCUniverse Online and I actually had to flip the power supply switch in the back because the power and reset buttons weren't working.

I hate troubleshooting PCs so much. Especially since I need to do it within the next few hours so I can order what I need. Otherwise it's no Skyrim this weekend.

Cptkrush

Hmmmmm, game seems to start up, then kind of quits to the desktop. I wouldn't consider it a crash because it's quite graceful. Wonder what's happening

thefil

Soneet said:
Grrr, vpnsecure.me not working for me. My $2! *contacts support, sees 75 queue line -_-*

Make sure to choose one of the Skyrim servers instead of the Australia server. The latter wouldn't work for me this morning.

Is anyone on the PC having problem with the drop / favourite functions? I can press R to store stuff in cupboards, etc. but when I press it to drop items, it doesn't work at all? Can it be done from the menu or do they have to be equipped?

Thanks!

Gvaz

Banned
mrklaw said:
for all the talk of low res textures etc - is it likely the developer will bring out a high res texture pack like for Crysis 2? Or is that something the modders will jump on?
Give it a month for some sharpened textures to come out. Give it about 6 months for actual good textures to come out.

Wallach

Cptkrush said:
Hmmmmm, game seems to start up, then kind of quits to the desktop. I wouldn't consider it a crash because it's quite graceful. Wonder what's happening

Control Panel -> Sound -> Select your playback device -> Properties -> Advanced tab -> Default format -> 24 bit, 96000Hz. Try that.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Are all Gamestops having midnight releases? I cancelled my Newegg preorder, I can't get this game a day late.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
v0mitg0d said:
Wow this thread is moving fast!! :O

Got 60+ hours in the game. Anyone got any questions? :)
Any wild gameplay moments you can share that are distinctly different and unique from what we've heard before? I suckle at the teet of these for sustenance sans my copy of Skyrim.

Ledsen

Are there any risks involved in using a VPN for unlocking? Like Steam bans, removal of game etc? Should we play in offline mode after unlocking? If so, for how long?

ShinNL

thefil said:
Make sure to choose one of the Skyrim servers instead of the Australia server. The latter wouldn't work for me this morning.
Thanks but I'm not even getting a list after logging in. Just some weird stuff about Downloading Key and Empty Zip, whatever that means :(

$2 stolen from me *shakes fist* (more frustrated about the fact I can't play yet)

Ledsen

theBishop said:
So full Gamepad support (menus and all) is confirmed on PC right?

Also, will the retail copy activate on Steam?

It's a Steamworks game, ALL copies have to be activated on Steam.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Gvaz said:
Give it a month for some sharpened textures to come out. Give it about 6 months for actual good textures to come out.

if you think good textures for a game with as many assets as this will come out in 6 months, i want the stuff you're smoking.

(please, i have 13 hours to kill)

Blackface

Banned
My only problem with the graphics are the charecter models. The rest looks fantastic in game.

I get about 30 FPS at "Ultra High" @ 1080p, while streaming to Twitch.tv

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom