• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
LiquidMetal14 said:
I went and made a PC performance thread. Nothing special right now but I just want to get some conversation going since this thread is getting busy too fast.

Thank you...

TheExodu5

Banned
A general note about GameBryo: don't have all the sliders maxed out. Keep all the detail and effects to max, but the distance sliders can be reduced with minimal loss in visual fidelity.

Khezu

v0mitg0d said:
Wow this thread is moving fast!! :O

Got 60+ hours in the game. Anyone got any questions? :)

Are there any
Deadra in the game other then dremoras? Also are golden saints in

K701

Banned
So I thought this game didn't support eyefinity at first, So I played the first few minutes like this:

IMG_0154%5B1%5D.JPG

But all I had to do was disable my top 3 and then have the game auto configure video options. If you do it yourself it doesn't give you the option so now I get this ultra panoramic view HOR+ which is proper eyefinity:

IMG_0156%5B1%5D.JPG

And here is a huge image with the game blown up if you're just wondering what it looks like (I prefer wider view):

IMG_0155%5B1%5D.JPG

For those waiting on VPNSecure because of the Empty Zip error, it has to do with a file they send you when you sign up. I'm sure the volume of people trying to get on is causing their mailserver to die. I'm in queue to find out when I'll be getting it.

Hold tight.

K701 said:
So I thought this game didn't support eyefinity at first, So I played the first few minutes like this:

IMG_0154%5B1%5D.JPG

But all I had to do was disable my top 3 and then have the game auto configure video options. If you do it yourself it doesn't give you the option so now I get this ultra panoramic view HOR+ which is proper eyefinity:

IMG_0156%5B1%5D.JPG

And here is a huge image with the game blown up if you're just wondering what it looks like (I prefer wider view):

IMG_0155%5B1%5D.JPG

OMG I jut died.

spekkeh

Banned
LiquidMetal14 said:
You either don't have the HW or are stubborn. Performance absolutely does add to the impressiveness and overall immersion of a game. I thought a little like you before I got my new PC earlier this year. There is no argument. If you firmly believe in what you said then your opinion is severely flawed.
I'm not going to say better graphics don't help immersion, but if you play only one version of this game, you will most likely not have a different experience at all (I am stubborn, I actually did scientific research on the effect of different lighting models on user appraisal, from flat shading to hdr...nothing). Your previous performance need to have been some really crippling 2FPS for anything noticeable to come up. OR You have put the different versions side to side, like literally played it on low and then ultra high. But who does that in normal settings.

TheExodu5

Banned
K701 said:

IMG_0154%5B1%5D.JPG

IMG_0156%5B1%5D.JPG

IMG_0155%5B1%5D.JPG

:OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
spk said:
Does anyone know? I just want to rotate the camera to see my face lol

I think Blueninja commented earlier about not being able to rotate the camera while your weapon was drawn...

TheExodu5 said:
:OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

It's a neat effect but I find the black bars too distracting.

Gvaz

Banned
DopeyFish said:
if you think good textures for a game with as many assets as this will come out in 6 months, i want the stuff you're smoking.

(please, i have 13 hours to kill)
uhhh look at any texture mod ever for the previous beth games??

I'm making a generalized statement out of personal experience.

ShinNL

TheNiX said:
For those waiting on VPNSecure because of the Empty Zip error, it has to do with a file they send you when you sign up. I'm sure the volume of people trying to get on is causing their mailserver to die. I'm in queue to find out when I'll be getting it.

Hold tight.
Ah, this is more helpful than the non-answer I'm having so far in chat support. Literally, no answer. I thought it was strange I didn't get an e-mail after paying.

ShinNL

Ledsen said:
Risk of VPN not working is all I can say.

Edit 1: Support helped me out, time to try and VPN this stuff :O

So many Skyrim servers, lol.

Edit 2: connecting is hard :O

PS. thefil is my Skyrim bro *brofist* :D

Rapstah

Posting from Australia. The trick to VPNSecure was that the "ERROR -- dev tun also requires ipconfig" error is just a load error. I picked Ukraine and got on without a hitch, and then tried Australia 2 instead of the designated Skyrim servers (which are getting loaded). Got on immediately.

EDIT: Won't Steam Guard go crazy on me now? The connection is obviously very slow but it's been stuck on logging into Steam for a while now.

Complistic

Prophet Steve said:
Does someone know the average time before good mods arrive (graphics wise, not new content or anything)?

You'll have simple little texture mods like ones that fix those awful swords within a few days of the construction set coming out.

ttocs

Complistic said:
You'll have simple little texture mods like ones that fix those awful swords within a few days of the construction set coming out.

Yeah, they were pretty fast with it the last time. The big ones are going to take some time though.

DangerStepp

Prophet Steve said:
Does someone know the average time before good mods arrive (graphics wise, not new content or anything)?
Good question. You would think that modders would have to spend an ample amount of time with the game before they could start working. However, Skyrim is using the same base engine so maybe that will give them the jump.

Perhaps you could search out early mods of Oblivion and compare their release date to that of the date of the game and see the span of time that lapsed to give us an idea that's at least ballpark.

Keasar

Wait, people can already play on PC? What did I miss? Just picked up my game from the post office, nice cloth map included, smells ancient.

Wallach

Keasar said:
Wait, people can already play on PC? What did I miss? Just picked up my game from the post office, nice cloth map included, smells ancient.

You missed Australia being in the future.

mandiller

I've taken a load of PC screenshots. The game is running on max settings at 1080p. You can see the screens on my steam page here (It's not very spoilerish except for some early game locations)

The game is a nice step up from Oblivion. It's certainly not pushing the PC format, but it's quite reasonable.

ttocs

Keasar said:
Look at earlier conversations. Something about a VPN trick and Australia.

Quikies83

My 360 is now giving me fits when trying to read discs -- maybe 2/10 times it will work...

Going to have to change my preorder to PS3 -- please don't let me down!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom