• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Incredible game, but still buggy as hell. Sinding spoilers:
I decided to help Sinding (the werewolf) against the hunters, and during the battle I hit him with a bit too much fire and he turns against me. But I didn't realise at the time that he was now against me because he didn't attack me. He just ran around next to me whilst I finished off the last of the hunters. So I kill all the hunters but the quest isn't proceeding. At this point I notice he's shouting taunts at me, realise that the fire must have turned him into my enemy, and that I have to kill him to continue the quest. So he just stands there whilst I blast him with fire to finish him off.

stufte

I also don't wanna use magic either! But it is so satisfying burninating the country side/villages. So much for stealth.....

anddo0

zedge said:
Is PS3 version worth getting? Any one here share their thoughts if they have it? I am more interested in the performance than slight graphical differences.

Don't think, just do it.. Having played Oblivion, FO3 and FO:NV on the PS3. I can say with confidence this is Bethesda best effort yet.

Exuro

Ikuu said:
Anyone else finding the Horses to be far too slow?
Not really. They run fairly fast when you sprint.

Does anyone know if you can call your horse? Mine was all badass and ran up a tower to pummel some archer but I can't get him down now.

My Breton conjurer and her first pet:
3g1vw.jpg

Lyonaz

Just did my first quest in Riverwood
The Golden Claw
And damn I love this game already, the scenery is amazing and my god the music! Just wandering around and listening to the music soothes my soul. I saw a fox running around and for fun I just ran along with it, hopefully I can make one my pet.
Also my Nordic female Lenneth Snow is a total babe. I just can't put a helmet or a cowl on her head.

webrunner

You remember the Crime-reporting chicken bug that was reported to be fixed?

Apparently it isn't. My fiancee just told me from home that she had to kill a chicken to keep from getting wanted.

So remember, if you lead a life of crime, don't get cocky.

MegaKungFuRadio said:
I like watching people spend more time on character customization than they will ever spend looking at it.
Yeah I spent about 12 seconds because I knew I would never actually look at my character.
zmoney said:
For the new page...where do I start the Dark Brotherhood quests?
Talk to someone about rumors. The other possibility (which I have not yet tested) is to murder someone and see if they come to you. That's how it worked in Oblivion. The first time you committed a murder and then slept, Lucien Lachance would approach you and offer you the first DB mission.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I've only played 4-5 hours but good lord this game is fun. So much to do I haven't even left that first village yet.

I did do that golden claw mission:

Total fluke that I figured out that door looking at the claw itself geez

But still having a blast with my orc using 2h axes. I haven't even bothered to try any magic yet.

Plasmid

Clevinger said:
Probably. I didn't like Oblivion, I really liked both Fallouts, and I'm loving this.
Hmm. You and artani seem to be in the similar boat with me. Will look into it over the weekend.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Lyphen said:
I honestly can't believe we have controversies over how the gaming press should review games either as pre release or day-1 retail products, and nobody is making note of the massive problems there are on PC.

The UI is bad, the controls are bad, mouselook is bad, sound is bad. Come on, guys. I'd be inclined to give Bethesda a free pass too, but doing so only establishes the bullshit double standard for 'expected AAA games'.

I think you're blowing it out of proportion. The UI isn't great, but it works just fine for me with mouse and keyboard (although I played it with the 360 pad for the most part last night). Honestly, I like the UI more than Oblivion's, but that's not saying much. I haven't had any problems with the sound, either. Honestly, this is a surprisingly smooth PC launch for a Bethesda game, but I suppose I have lowered expectations.

The only problem with the PC version is the disconnect between the left mouse button being the main hand (right hand) and the right mouse button being the off-hand (left hand). It can get confusing when assigning weapons to a specific hand.

Lyonaz

Artanisix said:
I fucking hated Oblivion.

Skyrim, on the other hand, is amazing and addicting.
Same with me, but I hated Oblivion because of the sinfully ugly characters and Skyrim has decent looking ones.
Also here be Dragons and Vikings, so this automatically makes it that much more awesome.

Pollux

So my second character (I have to do more than one...variety and all that) is an Argonian named Quintus. He was orphaned at a young age and raised in the Imperial City. Seeing the bigotry of the Empire first hand he has grown to despise it and has come to Skyrim to aid the rebellion.

anddo0

Can you change your name after the fact?

I picked a first name but forgot to pick a last. I'm in Riverwood and don't feel like starting over.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I met a troll on the way up a snow peaked mountain. I'm level 5. It did not go well for me. I'm staying the fuck away from trolls for a while.

Aurora

Anybody out there playing a Stealth/Thief/Assassin build? I won't have the game for quite a while being abroad and all, but I was hoping to get some feedback from you guys. How has this build changed since Oblivion? What sort of perks have you found successful? Is lockpicking/pickpocketing worth it?

Thanks in advance!

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Here is my guy. I got him those eyes that look a bit drunk for great warriorness.

EdcAE.jpg

Gi5p1.jpg

VaJkZ.jpg

A striking profile... Striking fear into the hearts of my enemies, that is!

JWong

Banned
So I looked around on websites and saw that Vampirism is hard to contract.

But then, the first enemies I fought outside of Helgan are Vampires. ;_;

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
FGMPR said:
125,000 playing on Steam right now.

I've never seen a figure like that before :eek:

Wow, that's a crazy figure for a PC launch. Of course, being Steamworks means that anyone who bought the game and is playing online shows up there, but still impressive. Probably going to do a few million copies easily on the PC.

Pat

Remember that review where the guy said he didn't encounter any dragons during his 30 hours of playtime?

Look what I found just after ~3 hours:

dragony.jpg

And here's the funny part: I was climbing a mountain and fell of it so that's the only way out. And for the realism, I always overwrite the same save file so there's no turning back.

WTF I'M SUPPOSED TO DO?!

Ilive1up

playing on 360. didn't install it, game looks great.

at night, in the first small village, with the "aurora borealis" in the nights sky. wow.

I want to keep playing... But I can't. Family duties.

Beth really crafted something addictive here. It's gonna be a titan's effort not to let this interfere with my exams.

Tomorrow!

epmode

So I'm loving the magic in this one. Great spell effects and audio feedback. I like the idea of magic in general but it's always been kind of dull in previous Elder Scrolls games so I've gone Battlemage. But now... I'm thinking full mage.
Pat said:
And for the realism, I always overwrite the same save file so there's no turning back.
This is probably the worst idea I've read all week. This is a Bethesda game, for god's sake.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Playing Skyrim in 3D witha projector on a 100 inch screen with 5.1 audio blasting through my Onkyo amp is a godly experience. It sometimes looks real.

Pat said:
Remember that review where the guy said he didn't encounter any dragons during his 30 hours of playtime?

WTF I'M SUPPOSED TO DO?!
I've encountered 9 dragons so far. One of them randomly attacked Riverwood, the other randomly attacked Solitude. Shit's awesome. :lol

As for what you're supposed to do... Either try to sneak past it or just use the terrain to your advantage. Get somewhere he can't land, and hide from his attack. If it's a fire dragon, use frost spells. If it's a frost dragon, use fire spells. Pelt that motherfucker to death with spells and arrows.

epmode said:
So I'm loving the magic in this one. Great spell effects and audio feedback. I like the idea of magic in general but it's always been kind of dull in previous Elder Scrolls games so I've gone Battlemage. But now... I'm thinking full mage. This is probably the worst idea I've read all week. This is a Bethesda game, for god's sake.
Yeah, I kinda agree. I keep a few saves handy at all times in case anything gets screwed up.

Clevinger

Pat said:

Look what I found just after ~3 hours:

dragony.jpg

And here's the funny part: I was climbing a mountain and fell of it so that's the only way out. And for the realism, I always overwrite the same save file so there's no turning back.

WTF I'M SUPPOSED TO DO?!

Sneak like a motherfucker.

Cutwolf

Has anyone found that
hand with the separately activated fingers
in the cave area where you go to speak to the
Augar of Dunheim
?

What do you do with it?

Dresden

Pat said:

WTF I'M SUPPOSED TO DO?!
While I'm a fan of not loading quicksaves just to save a botched situation (I like dealing with random, troublesome shit), having only one save file for a Bethesda game is just asking for it.

Cutwolf said:
Has anyone found that
hand with the separately activated fingers
in the cave area where you go to speak to the
Augar of Dunheim
?

What do you do with it?

I think you need to find the 4 rings that were removed from it's fingers, no idea where any of them are though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom