• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
bounchfx said:
I'm confused as shit, first main quest/ golden claw quest, big spider drops from ceiling. Insta kills me. What the fuck? everything else in the dungeon has been appropriate. Why is this dude so powerful? Anyone else having trouble with this?
I saw it in the room from the doorway so kept hitting with fireballs from a distance and then went in with a big sword to finish it off.
It definitely pays to creep around in this game. It's so good. :D

BTW. Keep away from trolls and giants until. You've levelled up some.

stutte said:
So an interesting thing:

I was in an inn last night, talking to the barkeep, when I decided to start sneaking around to try and find something to steal. As i was sneaking around in some other room, I hear this "AHEM" from behind me. I turned around to find the barkeep standing right behind me. The barkeep noticed I was being shifty and decided to follow me around.

whoops.jpg

That actually dates back to Oblivion, but it is really cool.

As I've explored the first two towns of the main story, the voice acting has really picked up - most of the time it's pretty good, and they do a cool job with the accents(which also can help mask a lack of chops).

Also - kinda love this - In Oblivion most of the content was the guild chains and main quest chains. There was like, what, 20 quests not attached to one of the chains? So far, in this game, every fucking person has something they want you to do. And there's something to it, it involves written characters or drawing out the world lore.

I find expert difficulty to be the perfect challenge level for me so far. Most stuff is pretty straightfoward to take down, but then I'll find things that I really have to plan out and use my items for. Good pacing in that regard.

Pat

bounchfx said:
I'm confused as shit, first main quest/ golden claw quest, big spider drops from ceiling. Insta kills me. What the fuck? everything else in the dungeon has been appropriate. Why is this dude so powerful? Anyone else having trouble with this?

When the spider drops, run back to where you slashed the web. It is too big to enter there but it will nonetheless try to reach you so take that opportunity to shoot arrows/spells to kill it.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Who said this looked bad? After fixing the low sound and low sensitivity problem, I'm liking the game and it looks fucking beautiful in 1080p@60fps with aax8 afx16 and everything else on ultra. RIDICULOUSLY good looking sometimes.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Deacan said:
You can make 2 short cuts from your favourite list, using left and right on the D-pad, make your shield and Heal spell your two short cuts, then you can swap between the both with the D-pad.
Brilliant. Will do that.

Cutwolf

Pat said:
When the spider drops, run back to where you slashed the web. It is too big to enter there but it will nonetheless try to reach you so take that opportunity to shoot arrows/spells to kill it.

I cut the dude in the back down and then let him deal with it.

Firebrand

I found *gasp* a bug. Some guy named Farkas near Whiterun keeps chasing me and forcing a dialogue. Tried to kill him, but game wouldn't let me. :/

Unicorn

Firebrand said:
I found *gasp* a bug. Some guy named Farkas near Whiterun keeps chasing me and forcing a dialogue. Tried to kill him, but game wouldn't let me. :/
Well, fucking talk to him then. He has something important to say. lol

PotatoeMasher said:
In the past for big releases that I didn't preload I would set my Steam location to something less popular and get super fast downloads again. One of the African servers or something should suffice.

Holy shit thanks for the tip, 4 MB now (set it to cape town).

Dead

well not really...yet
Just got my Collectors Edition and Collectors Guide Book

I dont even know what to do, im too excited to even play the game :(

The CE artbook is Stunning! And the Dragon is really well painted. Its a shame the base is cheap though.

Unicorn

ckohler said:
Does the value of an item change based on who you sell it to or can I just sell everything to the same guy?
Before I hit a town, I found a hunter running aroud that had things to sell. Bitch was charging 3x the value for a Bear Pelt and was offering shit for any of the skins, etc. I had. Once I hit the first town, I was able to get a bit more for it. Also, if you raise your standing with some people, they'll offer you more for your stuff and also be more lenient about yoru sketchy behavior.

webrunner

Conciliator said:
That actually dates back to Oblivion, but it is really cool.

As I've explored the first two towns of the main story, the voice acting has really picked up - most of the time it's pretty good, and they do a cool job with the accents(which also can help mask a lack of chops).

Also - kinda love this - In Oblivion most of the content was the guild chains and main quest chains. There was like, what, 20 quests not attached to one of the chains? So far, in this game, every fucking person has something they want you to do. And there's something to it, it involves written characters or drawing out the world lore.

I find expert difficulty to be the perfect challenge level for me so far. Most stuff is pretty straightfoward to take down, but then I'll find things that I really have to plan out and use my items for. Good pacing in that regard.

I wonder exactly how many quests there are in this game.

Deadstar

I don't know much about the game. Is it viable to go pure mage or should I be using a one handed weapon as well? I'm the race that has a spell which increases magic regeneration for 60 seconds.

Cutwolf

Deacan said:
You can make 2 short cuts from your favourite list, using left and right on the D-pad, make your shield and Heal spell your two short cuts, then you can swap between the both with the D-pad.

How? Pressing the d pad in either direction just changes or backs up the menus.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Does anyone know of a link to a PDF of the map? Or could someone scan it? I'd really like to print out a physical map for this game, as I got the digital copy.

Clegg

So I'm playing Skyrim and it's amazing but I've ran into a problem. I killed a chicken just outside the first major city in the game. I received a bounty but ran away from the guard trying to kill me.

When I get bach into the vicinity of the city guards keep attacking me. Thay don't ask for me to pay up they just attack. Is there anything I can do or do I have to go back to an earlier save?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Posting from bed now... game got me a huge headache for some reason, but I'm loving the game so far! Hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow so that I can play my high elf magician seriously :)

Firebrand

Unicorn said:
Well, fucking talk to him then. He has something important to say. lol
I've exhausted all the dialogue options, if he wants something he could tell me about it instead of being all passive-aggressive like that!

Telosfortelos

Advocate for the People
How important is stamina regeneration? I sort of want to play with a 2H-Sword and Light Armor, and there's a perk in the Light Armor tree for 50% faster Stamina regeneration. How useful would that perk be?

cyberheater

Firebrand said:
I've exhausted all the dialogue options, if he wants something he could tell me about it instead of being all passive-aggressive like that!
LOL. That's really funny.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Rabbitwork said:
its a perk in the destruction tree. one of the earliest ones.

Aaah I know which one you mean.

I have the spanish version and in the translation its worded so to suggest what that perk does is amplify the combo damage, not grant you the ability to do it.

Thanks!

Firebrand said:
He wants your body. Just give in to him.

4 hours in. Killed my first dragon. Loving it. Just adventuring around and exploring is great. Doing a stealth/archer character.

cackhyena

nastynate409 said:
He wants your body. Just give in to him.

4 hours in. Killed my first dragon. Loving it. Just adventuring around and exploring is great. Doing a stealth/archer character.
Me too. My Bosmer looks so fucking cool. I'm impressed with how good he looks given that this character creator is still pretty limited.

Gorgon

stutte said:
I also don't wanna use magic either! But it is so satisfying burninating the country side/villages. So much for stealth.....

I'm kinda feelinf that way as well. I usually play combat charcaters and this time I started the game by using two-handed swords. However it doens't really feel that good. Shield and sowrd doens't feel nice either. so I tried destruction on left hand and single sowrd on right and I'm having a blast. I'm thinking of pumping Magica and Healt and not much Stamina, and just use Destruction and Healing spells on left hand and single sword on the right.

Spells are just too cool and useful to ignore.

RyanDG

My download/install is completed. Here we go. I'm thinking about going the opposite of what I usually go in these games and rock out with a barely armored nord warrior wielding two handed axes.

cyberheater

Clegg said:
So I'm playing Skyrim and it's amazing but I've ran into a problem. I killed a chicken just outside the first major city in the game. I received a bounty but ran away from the guard trying to kill me.

When I get bach into the vicinity of the city guards keep attacking me. Thay don't ask for me to pay up they just attack. Is there anything I can do or do I have to go back to an earlier save?
Slaughter them all. That'll learn 'em.

styl3s

Anyone playing 1h+shield? 1+magic? or dual? i am really really torn between picking, i really want to use magic like fire/ice but i also want to be able to fuck shit up melee style with dual wield or 1h+shield but i just can't decide.

my fate is in your hands!

XeroSauce

Telosfortelos said:
How important is stamina regeneration? I sort of want to play with a 2H-Sword and Light Armor, and there's a perk in the Light Armor tree for 50% faster Stamina regeneration. How useful would that perk be?

It's pretty god damn useful when you have big combat and you just want to go all out. Most people just sit back for a bit to let their stamina rise up but I find that boring.

AXE AXE AXE FIRE AXE HEAL AXE AXE OH GOD RUN

Preferred.

nickbreckon

Bethesda Community Manager
Clegg said:

Yield by sheathing your weapons. They'll talk to you and give you some options.

cyberheater

Over 200,000 playing Skyrim on Steam at the moment. Incredible.

styl3s said:
Anyone playing 1h+shield? 1+magic? or dual? i am really really torn between picking, i really want to use magic like fire/ice but i also want to be able to fuck shit up melee style with dual wield or 1h+shield but i just can't decide.

I've got the same problem. I find myself switching weapons because I can't pick whether I want to duel spells, fight with a shield or crush things with a greatsword. I wander around with a bow out first, though. Then when battle starts, I switch to something stronger.

Gorgon

styl3s said:

Destruction&Healing on left hand, single-sword on right hand. Can't go wrong with that and it's supper fun.

EDIT: and bow for sneaking&sniping shit, of course.

AIRic

Why UPS Canada doesn't deliver on Veteran's Day whyyy... :( My copy of Skyrim is stuck in the southern UPS station in my province since 3:00 AM today. :(

Telosfortelos

Advocate for the People
XeroSauce said:
It's pretty god damn useful when you have big combat and you just want to go all out. Most people just sit back for a bit to let their stamina rise up but I find that boring.

AXE AXE AXE FIRE AXE HEAL AXE AXE OH GOD RUN

Preferred.
Excellent. Thanks!

Does increasing magicka/health/stamina do anything aside from increase the amount of points it has? Like does increasing magicka also increase spell damage?

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Played about 2 hours. Textures assault my brain. Interface assaults mouse and keyboard users. Other than that, I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom