• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mindman

Looked through the manual, and noticed you can set two Favorites for Quick Select with left & right on the d-pad. Very nice! Quick health and mana potions.

TheExodu5 said:
Why would I use Light Armor over Heavy Armor? Looking at the skill trees now, and I can make Heavy Armor weigh nothing with a certain perk.

Well, you wouldn't be able to unlock that perk until you were at level 70 in heavy armour, which would take quite a while.

nickbreckon

Bethesda Community Manager
TheExodu5 said:
Why would I use Light Armor over Heavy Armor? Looking at the skill trees now, and I can make Heavy Armor weigh nothing with a certain perk.

Well, you'd spend a lot of time playing with heavy armor on in order to get that perk, and then you're spending perk points in that rather than other things. It's a trade-off. And if you're going for a stealthy/fast-killing character, the idea isn't to need heavy armor -- better off spending your points in other things.

Seanspeed

Banned
Yo Gotti said:
The leveling system in this game might be the best leveling system I've ever experienced in an RPG.

The addition of perks alongside your levels that can actually change the gameplay drastically is too addictive, and there's so many it's ridiculous. Instead of just getting "better" at a skill you can actually modify it to behave differently. Love it.
It really is fantastic. Love it. So much.

I'm only 5 hours in and I pretty much just got finished with Bleak Falls Barrow. Which was also fantastic. If all the dungeons are close to the quality of that one, this game is gonna be seriously special. I've got the difficulty set to the 2nd hardest and combined with the atmosphere of the game, it makes encounters pretty scary.

Unless things so seriously downhill, I'm pretty sure I've found my GOTY. Sorry Forza 4.... :(

MEATER

I was really worried that seeing shots from the PC version would make me regret getting it on console just because I wanted to start playing a few days early...

...but it doesn't look that much better and since I know that the sound of my PC on my 5.1 setup is nowhere as good as the sound of my 360 I'm actually ok with playing the console version!

Will consider (re-)playing on the PC when a GotY edition with all DLC.

I just wish I could play over the weekend... Pretty sure that my crazy colleagues will sink 20 to 30 hours into this game over the weekend and I'll have to listen to a lot of spoilers on Monday...

Septimius

I wish I would catch the Elder Scrolls bug. Why can't I catch it??

There's something about first person shield and sword game play that makes me go "eh". Can't get into The Witcher 2, either. Something must be wrong with me.

I'm contemplating buying it, and just force myself to play it.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Well, it's a first Elder Scrolls game I'm playing properly and so far it's pretty good. Just cleared out the bandit fort somewhere in the middle of nowhere. Before that I apparently went into wrong direction because I was raped hard by some ice ghost.

vehn

Does anyone remember where the key is for the last door in Mzuflt? Thats the dwemer / robot place you go into for the Mage guild. I can't find the key at all and it says I cleared the whole place.

Telosfortelos

Advocate for the People
TheExodu5 said:

edit: maybe Heavy Armor makes more noise?
It does make more noise I believe, but there's a sneak perk to eliminate that too. I really wish there was a more obvious benefit to light armor. An attack & casting speed perk would have been nice. Maybe it has a better enchant capacity?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yay! start it up first time - black screen abd crash with computer reboot! fuuun!

Septimius said:
There's something about first person shield and sword game play that makes me go "eh". Can't get into The Witcher 2, either. Something must be wrong with me.

I'm in the same position. I'm just not a fantasy guy. But I loved Fallout 3 and NV so I said I bought Skyrim. Going by the Giant Bomb quick look, I think this will be the game that converts me.

styl3s

installing now.

is dual wielding really viable in this? or should i got 1hand mace/sword + shield and magic? i am leaning towards dual wielding but master bow and pump stuff into destruction.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
First impressions? Fucking terrible.

One crash and when I get to the menu, I notice the following: I can't Alt TAB and smooth mousing is active and no options in the game to change it. What the fuck?

1: How do I activate Alt TAB
2: How do I increase the volume
3: How do I disable smooth mouse

Interfectum

Yoshichan said:

One crash and when I get to the menu, I notice the following: I can't Alt TAB and smooth mousing is active and no options in the game to change it. What the fuck?

5/10? worse than dark souls?

Yoshichan

Interfectum said:
5/10? worse than dark souls?
Please, just help. Don't have time for this...

Mupod

Yoshichan said:

You can fix the mouse acceleration nonsense with an INI tweak. Check the performance thread.

Alt tab didn't blow anything up for me, but I only did it once.

Septimius

snoopeasystreet said:
I'm in the same position. I'm just not a fantasy guy. But I loved Fallout 3 and NV so I said I bought Skyrim. Going by the Giant Bomb quick look, I think this will be the game that converts me.

Same here, not a fantasy guy. But I completely love Demon's/Dark Souls, but can't get into Fallout, either. I have no idea why. Really liked Fable 3, too. Can't really get into Fable 2. I'm so strange.

Clevinger

Septimius said:
I wish I would catch the Elder Scrolls bug. Why can't I catch it??

I'm contemplating buying it, and just force myself to play it.

You don't have to do first person shield sword. You can do archery, magic, shield and magic etc. Hell, you can even be a necromancer/conjurer and just have summoned things fight for you.

Yoshichan

Mupod said:
Alt tab didn't blow anything up for me, but I only did it once.
I can't even alt tab, nothing happens.

Wazzim

Banned
Yoshichan said:

1. Alt Tab is broken in this game, no fix thus far
2. Ingame, go to settings and select 'audio'
3. See the performance thread

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Is Skyrim on the PC worse than Oblivions initial release? Apart from Oblivion's atrocious UI when used with Mouse and Keyboard it sounds like Bethesda were even more sleepy on the PC "port" of Skryim.

Mupod

styl3s said:
fuck i wish i had a PC so i can do this, not out of hilarity but out of fear of spiders, they creep me the fuck out.

I remember seeing a 'no spiders' mod for Dark Messiah and laughing my ass off. But I guess it's a legitimate thing for some people.

NIN90

Yoshichan said:

Tried CTRL+ALT+DEL?

Yoshichan

Is it bMouseAcceleration=0? Because it doesn't seem to work...

spirity

I just got done with Bleak Falls and have to stop for dinner. But I so want to go back as soon as. Game is freakin amazing, its everything that I thought it'd be. Trying hard to think of something I dislike really.

styl3s

Mupod said:
I remember seeing a 'no spiders' mod for Dark Messiah and laughing my ass off. But I guess it's a legitimate thing for some people.
I really really really hate spiders, if i see a big one in my house at night i can't sleep.

and giant ones in RPGs creep me the FUCK out.

pyros

Played first 5 minutes and stopped, keyboard and mouse controls are bad, going back to my backlog, Skyrim put on hold till Creation Engine toolset is released.

Yoshichan

And the music? The menu music is quiet as heck (but the Bethesda-logo sound is loud as heck).

Wazzim

Banned
BlueTsunami said:
Is Skyrim on the PC worse than Oblivions initial release? Apart from Oblivion's atrocious UI when used with Mouse and Keyboard it sounds like Bethesda were even more sleepy on the PC "port" of Skryim.
It's obvious that this version was an 'afterthought', some of the bugs are just very simple to fix. They just didn't have the time/resources to test the PC version good enough.
Game's still fantastic though.

TheExodu5 said:
Alt-tab works fine for me.
Very weird then, my game blacks out after Alt tabbing. Nvidia card too so it isn't that.

Guesong

PC Version :

Any way to stop the game from scanning to auto-detect (poorly at that) my settings and just go straight in-game? It does that every time I start it. -.-

Tesseract

Banned
riverwood's local bard, sven, becomes your slave after completing his quest for love. so i order him to kill the town dog. as soon as the dog dies, gerdur attacks sven. they duel. she wins but is merciful to sven. as she's walking away, sven pulls out a bow and arrows her face. gerdur is fucking dead. sven puts away his bow, walks inside the inn, and plays his instrument.

Yoshichan

Like seriously? EVERY SINGLE SOUND BAR IS ON MAX, and I can BARELY hear the menu music. Is it supposed to be so quiet?

Norua

Banned
Downloading it on Steam right now. Don't know why, but the download is SLOW. Like 70 KB/S slow. Is it because Steam is overwhelmed by all the downloads or something? Because aside of that my connexion seems fine.
5h30 remaining :(

Wazzim

Banned
Tesseract said:
riverwood's local bard, sven, becomes your slave after completing his quest for love. so i order him to kill the town dog. as soon as the dog dies, gerdur attacks sven. they duel. she wins but is merciful to sven. as she's walking away, sven pulls out a bow and arrows her face. gerdur is fucking dead. sven puts away his bow, walks inside the inn, and plays his instrument.
This game.

zoner said:
What do I do with the
dragonstone?
Go to the town's king/leader guy.

Acidyl

wow, played it for 7 hours now.

It's really sucks me in.

I already played it more than I ever played Oblivion.

Seriously, if you like rpg but coudn't stand oblivion like me, try Skyrim, they really improved on many different levels.

Yoshichan

Seanspeed said:
Oh menu music, nevermind
So it's supposed to be so low, the music gets better in-game?

And why does changing stuff in the .ini not affect the game? I changed mouse acceleration but the mouse in the menu is still smooth mouse...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom