• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric WK

So PC or 360, guys? Ignoring the obvious visual differences, of course, is there anything I should know before I make my decision?

styl3s

Woorloog said:
I belive it is worth the wait, but i'm worried CDON ran out of them and that's why my copy is "late". Really pissed off if they tell me "sorry, no luck, wanna get the normal version?".
That would suck :(

Woorloog

Banned
A hint about wielding a single one handed weapon:
1h weapon in right hand, left "hand" blocks.
1h in left hand, you're essentially dual wielding fist and the 1h weapon.

A question that i'll spoiler just in case, concering whether this game has certain creatures
are there any Dremora in this game? You know the daedric, uh, humans.

styl3s said:
That would suck :(
Indeed. Which is i'm very worried about it being late.

Noaloha

Chopping wood's just one of the game's spammable 'make some idle cash' options. There's NPCs who'll buy it from you. In one of the early towns with a saw-mill for example, the dude who runs the cutting machine.

Woorloog said:
A question that i'll spoiler just in case, concering whether this game has certain creatures
are there any Dremora in this game? You know the daedric, uh, humans.

Yes, there are indeed
Dremora
although I haven't actually seen any outside of quests for
the Daedric lords, so far I've done Azura, Mara, Malog-Bal and Sanguine

Enco

Enjoying the game so far.

Travelling is a bit boring right now because I've seen nothing random. Beautiful environments and music. Done 1 or 2 quests and I'm 2+ hours in.

Woorloog

Banned
Enco said:
Enjoying the game so far.

Travelling is a bit boring right now because I've seen nothing random. Beautiful environments and music. Done 1 or 2 quests and I'm 2+ hours in.
Random? Let's see, found hunters hunting animals, random wanderers, someone i could've robbed through dialogue, random patrols (dead now), random dragon attack, free stuff that i gave away... I think there's a lot of random things in this game. And random of course means you don't encounter them always but that keeps them interesting.

I got some Dragon bones I'd like to stash (is there any use for them?) they weigh a lot and i want to stash em or sell em. Is there storage in this game? and right now I got a steel set on but I see light amour gives a stamina re-gen bonus. In combat I find my self waiting on stamina more often then not. I'd like to switch over.

Woorloog

Banned
Fahrenheit said:
I got some Dragon bones I'd like to stash (is there any use for them?) they weigh a lot and i want to stash em or sell em. Is there storage in this game? and right now I got a steel set on but I see light amour gives a stamina re-gen bonus. In combat I find my self waiting on stamina more often then not. I'd like to switch over.
Do a quest to help the city in Whiterun if you haven't already, save 5k gold and buy a house and bedroom furnishing (250g i think) to gain a chest.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Woorloog said:
Do a quest to help the city in Whiterun if you haven't already, save 5k gold and buy a house and bedroom furnishing (250g i think) to gain a chest.

I threw my dragon bones into the chest in the warrior guild that I joined (the commoners? was that the name of them) in Whiterun.

They were still there when I came back a few days later, I think that they don't expunge items from chests you don't own in the game. Although I could be wrong!

Skyrim review thread. I think they're trying to say it's good.
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim PC Performance discussion
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Console Performance discussion
Skyrim suffering blurry textures when installed on Xbox 360
Skyrim is putting up insane numbers on Steam

Wow.. has there ever been this many concurrent threads about one game?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
God damn, why does everyone think I look sickly? How do I stop looking sickly?

Is it because I'm an Orc and Nords are racist?

Woorloog

Banned
The Last Wizard said:
How do I pull the camera back while in third person?
What platform?
EDIT on 360, Hold Right stick and use left stick. Works while weapons drawn.

zoner said:
God damn, why does everyone think I look sickly? How do I stop looking sickly?

Is it because I'm an Orc and Nords are racist?
Check active effects, you're suffering from a disease.

EDIT lol@bolded part

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
BoobPhysics101 said:
Lol. Two completely different games. One is a tight, semi-linear action RPG and the other is a giant, open-world, do whatever the fuck you want action RPG. Completely unfair to compare them.

And they're both AMAZING games.

It's not, though. Dark Souls is a completely different game than Dragon Age 2, but I know DS is a better game. I'm not asking about a comparison between Madden football and tetris. :) I just don't have time for both, and honestly, Oblivion left me a bit disappointed (tho later mods helped fix a bunch of stuff).

Acosta

Man, the bows are sooooo satisfactory in this game. It will be a first for me but I'm going to focus on sneaking and archery as primary perks.

Cutwolf

Two questions:

1. Which quest line is the main quest line? Is it the
Eye of Magnus
stuff?

2. How do I use my racial power? The "Highborn" increased magika restoration. I click A on it in the window but it doesn't seem to do anything and it doesn't show in active effects.

Loxley

ROBOKITTYZILLA said:
Skyrim review thread. I think they're trying to say it's good.
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim PC Performance discussion
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Console Performance discussion
Skyrim suffering blurry textures when installed on Xbox 360
Skyrim is putting up insane numbers on Steam

Wow.. has there ever been this many concurrent threads about one game?

Uncharted 3 had nearly double that a week and a half ago :p

Woorloog said:
What platform?
EDIT on 360, Hold Right stick and use left stick. Works while weapons drawn.
Thanks was, ps3 say method.

Loving this game so far, though I didn't like oblivion. Just wish they would've kept the choosing of the sign your born under and other stuff from oblivion.

Woorloog

Banned
Cutwolf said:
Two questions:

1. Which quest line is the main quest line? Is it the
Eye of Magnus
stuff?

2. How do I use my racial power? The "Highborn" increased magika restoration. I click A on it in the window but it doesn't seem to do anything and it doesn't show in active effects.
1. Uh, no? I think.
2. Racials are in the powers list from Magic menu

The Last Wizard said:
Thanks was, ps3 say method.

Loving this game so far, though I didn't like oblivion. Just wish they would've kept the choosing of the sign your born under and other stuff from oblivion.
Birthsigns are now Guardian stones, you can change the stone you're using. Better system IMO, you're no longer locked on one sign for the whole game, especially if you chose subpar one.

Cutwolf

Woorloog said:
1. Uh, no? I think.
2. Racials are in the powers list from Magic menu

1. Wow, then I'm on some epic side quest line for the College of Mages.

2. I found it in the menu, I just don't know how to use it. It doesn't equip like a normal spell. I can highlight it and select it and the arrow will appear next to it, it just doesn't seem to do anything.

Aesius

This game is just so much fun. Playing a foot away from my 46" TV @ 1080p with headphones on and NO distractions in the house=gaming orgasm. Just ridiculously immersive.

Also, I'm very surprised by the performance. I have everything on High and I'm locked at 60 FPS indoors and get between 40-60 outdoors. In crowded towns it dips to 30 or so, but still -- much, much better performance than what I was expecting, especially given my aging rig.

Woorloog

Banned
Cutwolf said:

2. I found it in the menu, I just don't know how to use it. It doesn't equip like a normal spell. I can highlight it and select it and the arrow will appear next to it, it just doesn't seem to do anything.
RB/whatever it is on PS3
Like Shouts.

dammit, i was going to check GAF quickly but now i'm stuck giving hints to people :p

Reuenthal

Banned
Cutwolf said:

Are you on the PC? Equip it and then use Z. Same button you use shouts.

DrBo42

Cutwolf said:

Maybe it's bound to whatever the shout button/key is.

Xbox360 Installation Texture Error Verified & Patch Incoming

A post from Bethesda staff on the company's forums suggests that your game might look better without the install, due to the way it handles dynamic streaming of the textures.

"We've seen a few reports of certain textures temporarily scaling down on the Xbox 360, and not scaling back up," the post reads. "We have verified that this issue does not occur when playing off the disc and when the game is fully cached (not installed)." The post goes on to state that a title update is coming to fix the problem for those who install the game.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
So, about those "stone circles of power". The one the guy walks you by in the tutorial, and you select mage, thief or warrior. Are there a lot of these around the world? I just walked by one and none of the three stones were active. I activated "warrior" when I walked by the first one, if I activate "thief" on this one, will it change the other one to "thief", or do I get both "warrior" and "thief" bonuses.

Also, does the stone you activate stay active on the initial stone circle, so if you walk by it again you'll see the one you selected glowing?

Zeliard

I've done a bunch of crafting and some exploring and I literally have not completed a single quest yet outside of the "Unbound" tutorial stuff. I haven't even been to Riverwood at all.

I have a decent amount of side quests in my log right now. You can enter a single dungeon and come back out with like 3 more side quests.

Lately I've been looting homes in Falkreath, which is the first place I headed towards when I was given freedom in the world. There's a nice assortment of crafting equipment there, though I assume that's typical of the bigger towns.

Oh yeah and one of the side quests I got there happens to be
the werewolf one
(possible big spoiler though it was somewhat known before release). Yep I met that dude and now
I am cursed with a werewolf ring I can't remove, and it's good ol' Hircine's ring again!

Like basically right at the beginning of the game, lol. Gonna be fun to see what comes out of it. I think I'll let it play out for a bit. As part of the quest I'm supposed to kill some
monster that evokes Hircine himself to show up.

Woorloog

Banned
FlyinJ said:
So, about those "stone circles of power". The one the guy walks you by in the tutorial, and you select mage, thief or warrior. Are there a lot of these around the world? I just walked by one and none of the three stones were active. I activated "warrior" when I walked by the first one, if I activate "thief" on this one, will it change the other one to "thief", or do I get both "warrior" and "thief" bonuses.

Also, does the stone you activate stay active on the initial stone circle, so if you walk by it again you'll see the one you selected glowing?
You can have only one Guardian/Sign/whatever they're called Stone active at time. Activating another replaces the previous one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom