• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.
DarthWoo said:
I'm sure this may have already been answered, but this thread grows too quickly. Are there any good safe storage containers early in the game? I'm hoping that I can dump some of my stuff in
Gerdur's house in Riverwood, now that she's given me the key and told me that I can stay as long as I want.
Out of interest, how did you get her to give you the key?

Woorloog

Banned
JumpingTheGun said:
walking out of the local inn....

"Do yourself a favor and don't have children!"

fucking A.

game of the forever confirmed.
Try dropping a weapon in a city. Or Shout in a city.
Also, a certain Khajiit is in this game again, having some priceless comments...

kingmozo9 said:
Is there anyway to RESET perks???
No known way outside console on PC so far, AFAIK, but you don't need to pick one right away, you can store them until you have enough skill for the perk you want.

Keasar

So I am stuck. :(

I am doing a College of Magic quest called Revealing the Unseen and
I cannot get past this Ocular/Armillary puzzle in the end of the dwarven dungeon, Ive twisted and turned all these reflectors around looking for changes and clues on what the goal is but I cant figure it out.
Anyone who can help?

LProtag

Question on leveling and what not.

Does it get harder and harder to level up your skills as you progress? I will surely do some things that I don't really intend on being great at, such as healing myself every once and a while, are these going to be a waste of points?

I know you can save perks until you hit the level in a skill you need to use them, but will there be a chance that I can't get something like, say, archery up to 100 because I've hit a wall?

Woorloog

Banned
InsertNameHere said:
Question on leveling and what not.

Does it get harder and harder to level up your skills as you progress? I will surely do some things that I don't really intend on being great at, such as healing myself every once and a while, are these going to be a waste of points?

I know you can save perks until you hit the level in a skill you need to use them, but will there be a chance that I can't get something like, say, archery up to 100 because I've hit a wall?
The higher a skill's level, the more gaining another level in it contributes to next level bar.
Nothing is waste unlike in Oblivion or Morrowind.
Outside bugs nothing prevents a skill from getting up 100.

Woorloog

Banned
Dresden said:
Anyone played around with Runes yet? Useful at all?
Bought one but haven't had time to try it out. They work as traps essentially though, so their use needs some thinking. Damage-wise they seem to be pretty good.

Atruvius

Anyone know a place where I could melt my ores into ingots. I desperately need to get rid off of all the excess stuff I have. I'm constantly getting over encumbered and my follower can't take any more of my items.

Right now I'm level 13 melee nord named Mance Rayder. Been playing over 10 hours and the game gets better and better. GotY for sure.

Teknoman

TheJollyCorner said:
Saw a player get launched in the air like this in a youtube video.

If this is a glitch I hope it's never fixed. I'm in fucking tears here! :lol

Seeing how strong giants should be, hopefully it never gets fixed. Bear physics = awesome.

So I have been checking this out on a few online streams and this thread. I'm starting to think I need this game, but I have a predicament:

My main HDD where all my programs and games install has about 25 GB left. I'm thinking about getting a new HDD and redoing my whole PC, but if Skyrim is small enough, I might jump the gun on that first.

EDIT - Nevermind, Steam and OP both say 6GB. YESSS!!! Time to enter a new world! Or well, whenever I end up getting it.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
BlazingDarkness said:
Out of interest, how did you get her to give you the key?

It may be only because I chose to
go with her brother while escaping the dragon in the beginning. He told me to go talk to her and she would help me out. Just talked to her when I got to the town and she gave me a bunch of free stuff.

Life can be hard for a Khajiit conjurer playing on Master...but I'm having a hell of a time :).

Watching my flame atronach smack a guy 10000 feet is almost as satisfying as bringing his corpse back to life and watching him chase him kill his amigos :)))))))))

fanboi

Banned
First thing I did was
Found a ruin, which contained a fledging vamp which gave me sad face :( but I saw a area which I didnt explore... so went up and hope to find some loot... DEAR GOD A MASTER VAMP... you have contracted whatever name for vampirism...

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
This is my first Elder Scrolls game its easily some of the best shit I've ever played. This is like cocaine in a keyboard.

Anyway... I have a stupid question. I'm going mainly 2 hander... but I wanted to know if the perks in the "Blocking" tree will benefit blocking with weapons, or is it just for using a shield. Just wanted to make sure it would benefit my greatsword before I start dumping points into it.

Teknoman

chubigans said:
We have GOT to get a GIF for that. I have tears from laughing so hard.

I'm on it.

As far as character go, i'm going to go heavy armor, one hand sword+shield, lightning and ice magic so far. Some of these melee attacks are brutal.

Seanspeed

Banned
Mattdaddy said:
This is my first Elder Scrolls game its easily some of the best shit I've ever played. This is like cocaine in a keyboard.

Anyway... I have a stupid question. I'm going mainly 2 hander... but I wanted to know if the perks in the "Blocking" tree will benefit blocking with weapons, or is it just for using a shield. Just wanted to make sure it would benefit my greatsword before I start dumping points into it.
It should say if it applies to shield-only.

Also: best game ever.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
C360_2011-11-1116-51-58_org.jpg

I give you, BOSS MOFUGGAH

Teknoman

Anyone else find some rare bracers at the front of
The ember mines
early on? Just want to know if chest loot is random or set.

Enemies dont just seem to limp ragdoll after they die either. Sort of a have a death semi-animation where its a combination of their last effort + rag doll.

Antagon

Think I've picked the wrong perk. Wasted a grand soul gem on a lesser soul, because I automatically catch souls that I hit with a conjured weapon. :(
Also, scaling still seems to be off. I haven't run into any aggressive enemies lately that I can't kill since I was lvl 6 or so (13 now). Though to be fair, I rarely enter random caves.

Also got an assassin sent after me by the dark brotherhood. No idea why though.

Man, so I went into this random dungeon as I was walking across the world and I found out that enemies can be really fucking tough. I don't know exactly how much the game levels thing to the player, but I had to cheese my way through this place on normal difficulty. It was fun, but dammit do I hate having to cheese tough enemies in this game.

Oh yeah, and I love that I can't fast travel to a location I haven't discovered yet. It restores some of that tangible sense of bigness to the world that was sorely lost in Oblivion since I could fast travel to any major city from the word go.

Lyonaz

The perfect Dark said:
lol 20 hours in and I just found out how to move itms and dead bodies (Ps3). Simply hold "x"
Did you also know you can adjust how far the camera is from your character in 3rd person by holding R3 and zoom in or out with leftstick. Just found this out and made my third person view like RE4. Nice!

I know this has been asked before, but should I be grabbing the PS3 or 360 version of this game, ignoring the texture issue on the 360 since I assume they'll get that fixed. Because of the insane compression is there any real difference between the two?

** did not see the performance thread, sorry guys!

QP3

BigJonsson said:
Wait, you had to choose who to follow at the start of the game? How did I miss that lol

I just ran where the arrow was?

Don't worry, me too. I had no idea there was a choice.

JudgeN

Has anyone had an NPC run up to them and say something like "I escaped from bandits but they need to be stopped, ill put the marker on your map" and then you look at your map and don't see anything?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I have a question about something I missed in Bleak Falls Barrow:
How are you supposed to know the 3 symbols you need? I just guessed and got it on my second try...but now I'm at another one of these doors after doing an optional quest. I have a sapphire claw now, and 3 symbols I need. I figure I should actually know what to look for, lol.

I also don't understand alchemy at all. Is there a way to find recipes or what?

stutte said:
iE5v2BETv1kj6.gif

Courtesy of Frog'd (i think)

the funniest part to me is that the giant does a downward bash and the bear flies upward. I'm still laughing my ass off.

The only thing that would make it better would be to hear a feeble bear scream echo into the sky as it flies away.

Antagon

Papercuts said:
I have a question about something I missed in Bleak Falls Barrow:
How are you supposed to know the 3 symbols you need? I just guessed and got it on my second try...but now I'm at another one of these doors after doing an optional quest. I have a sapphire claw now, and 3 symbols I need. I figure I should actually know what to look for, lol.

I also don't understand alchemy at all. Is there a way to find recipes or what?
Examine the item in your inventory.

newsguy

The perfect Dark said:
lol 20 hours in and I just found out how to move itms and dead bodies (Ps3). Simply hold "x"
The only reason i even tried this was because of that stealing video where they put pots over people's heads. Other than that it's fun to throw random things off the edge of mountains.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom