• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamchan

Deadly Cyclone said:
For new page.

Question, I have to return this sword to a dude and I set that as my active quest, but it only shows me what town to go to, and not where to go when in the town. How do you find your way back to the quest giver once in the correct town? I cannot find this guy anywhere.
Look at the local map?

Helmholtz

I'm playing on PC with a 360 controller. I'm about 15 hours in.
Have to say, this game is pretty amazing so far. Leagues ahead of oblivion and fallout 3 in my opinion, and pretty much the ideal Bethesda game for me.

lastplayed said:
Holy shit, just finished the Azura's Star quest. Now this is the sorta stuff I've been looking for.

All the Daedric quests have been awesome so far, definitely some of my favourites in the game - also, the companion you get after the Azura quest is a freaking awesome destruction mage, well worth taking her along with you.

Norua

Banned
Just stopped the game without knowing what time it was. I noticed sunlight through my windows and it's now 7:30AM. What the fuck. This game is amazing.

For the first time, i picked a Mage (i always make warrior / heavy armor builds in RPG) and i'm a little disappointed for now :/ I took a Dark Elf and i hope i will get stronger in the near future because unless it's Fire vs. Nords i feel like my spells just sucks. I just finished the golden claw quest and it was damn hard for me to kill the priest at the end. I only died once, but it felt like i wasn't doing any damage to him. On the other hand, when i pick an axe i do a ton of damage in one hit. So yeah, i'm kind of wondering if i shouldn't start over and take a Nord / Heavy armor warrior and play with a character that i would be more comfortable with.
I'm so tired right now but it was worth it. And the music...

Helmholtz said:
I'm playing on PC with a 360 controller. I'm about 15 hours in.
Have to say, this game is pretty amazing so far. Leagues ahead of oblivion and fallout 3 in my opinion, and pretty much the ideal Bethesda game for me.

Same here, best way to play it. All streched out in my leather recliners with the gamepad and a cold woodchuck. Mmmmm life is GOOD

Aesius

I just kited/cheese my way through an extremely high level boss fight. Took me about 20 mins to kill him I'd say. My reward for my trouble? A fairly decent sword, an exit to a really high up cliff shrine where I learned a new shout, and an immediate encounter with an even tougher enemy right afterwards who promptly destroyed me in one hit.

Ended up reloading my save right before the first boss encounter and hightailing it out of there. Long ass dungeon too!

Cutwolf

So what's the best way to become a super Mage besides joining
college of winterhold
? Anything else to join or gods to worship or anything?

Cutwolf

Aesius said:
I just kited/cheese my way through an extremely high level boss fight. Took me about 20 mins to kill him I'd say. My reward for my trouble? A fairly decent sword, an exit to a really high up cliff shrine where I learned a new shout, and an immediate encounter with an even tougher enemy right afterwards who promptly destroyed me in one hit.

Ended up reloading my save right before the first boss encounter and hightailing it out of there. Long ass dungeon too!

Which dungeon?

Cutwolf

lastplayed said:
Holy shit, just finished the Azura's Star quest. Now this is the sorta stuff I've been looking for.

Where do I find that quest? I only found one daedric quest (modrag or something) and got a stupid ass mace.

Tenck

I stole wooden plates and vases and want to know if I can sell them.

Can I? And if I can, who can I sell them to?

Edit: What's the button for the local map on PS3? Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but I just played for 2 hours and I'm about to die of tiredness. Also, my console is off, so yeah :/

Aesius

Cutwolf said:
Which dungeon?

Voskygge
. Pretty much in the middle of nowhere.

It started out easy as hell with mostly bandits, then became primarily a Draugr lair (with a random spider infested section in the middle for good measure). I think the boss was a Draugr Overlord or something -- can't really remember. My companion actually died during the battle, so reloading my save was probably for the best. I'm stoked that there are actually places I can't safely clear out yet despite the fact that I'm level 15 already.

Cutwolf said:
Where do I find that quest? I only found one daedric quest (modrag or something) and got a stupid ass mace.

How can you say such a thing about the Mace of Molag Bal??????? (I haven't gotten/seen it yet in Skyrim)

Cutwolf

odin toelust said:
How can you say such a thing about the Mace of Molag Bal??????? (I haven't gotten/seen it yet in Skyrim)

It's beautiful and the quest was neat, but I'm a destruction/conjurer pure Mage :/

Cutwolf

Aesius said:
Voskygge
. Pretty much in the middle of nowhere.

It started out easy as hell with mostly bandits, then became primarily a Draugr lair (with a random spider infested section in the middle for good measure). I think the boss was a Draugr Overlord or something -- can't really remember. My companion actually died during the battle, so reloading my save was probably for the best. I'm stoked that there are actually places I can't safely clear out yet despite the fact that I'm level 15 already.

I'm 14. Maybe I'll check it out. What's the nearest city or landmark?

Just hit level 5.

I miss the lock-on mechanic from Dark Souls. This shit is like everyone's wearing the fog ring.

While much improved from Oblivion, the animations & third-person physics remain well below standard. Basically the same as FO3.

Graphics look pretty shit at times (PS3).

But, that's about where the complaints stop. Everything else has been pretty groovy so far.

Oh, and TONS of thanks for fully customizable controls. THANK YOU. So goddamn refreshing.

The adjustable 3rd person camera, and the back-and-forth between first and third person is also very, very welcome.

Overall it's reminding me more of Dragon Age than Dark Souls, and that's a bad thing for me as a melee-only character, but I'll still put in a ton of hours. I'm happy with the buy.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
So, I've beaten the main quest line and I've beaten the thieves guild. I go into the fighters guild and now I've got Farkas talking to me non-stop. Can't kill him, can't get him to stop talking to me. I've exhausted all of his dialogue options and when I try and talk to someone else he interrupts the conversation and I start talking to him again. Anyone else had this problem? I really don't want to start a new character :(

Zeliard

-GOUKI- said:
fuck hurry up and release an overencumbered mod. I hate dropping my loot.

Some cheerful drunk guy gave me a charmed necklace (increases weight capacity by 25) in exchange for some mead. Then I killed him and one of his companions, and the third one managed to comically run away and into some tower, alerting Whiterun guards who my companion proceeded to fight, and somehow aggro'ing every town against me. Waited the usual three in-game days and hostility cleared.

Lesson is, kill everything.

Paznos

Picked this up earlier today but want to platinum UC3 before playing so will probably start it tomorrow, can't wait 11/11/11 11:11pm :p

Smash88

Banned
I don't know if I am disappointed in my self or if I regret making the decision to name my character Legolas, because I have no creativity.

I'm sorry I could not help my self :D

574982_460s.jpg

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Alright, spent the day around Riverwood, checked out the dungeon, got a Dragon Word. I turn in for the night, and prepare to make for Winterhold

Anteater

Smash88 said:
I don't know if I am disappointed in my self or if I regret making the decision to name my character Legolas, because I have no creativity.

You're like my friend who did the exact same thing in ffxi, he deeply regretted it.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Dresden said:
So uh... anyone have good experience with the Block skill? Shit seems kinda useless so far.
Do you mean investing points into it or just blocking in general? Blocking has saved my life a lot of times, but I'm not doing enough melee for me to put any points in it.

Ahh shi-, just killed my second dragon (first one I found randomly). Fucking epic as hell. I of course chose to put the dragon shout in Fire Breath, cuz I'm a fucking dragon, and what the hell kinda dragon doesn't have fire breath?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Dresden said:
So uh... anyone have good experience with the Block skill? Shit seems kinda useless so far.

That's actually good to hear because I've been basically going destruction magic/sword and feel like I should have a shield to level it. Magic is too damn fun in this.

TekDragon

Banned
Thoroughly disappointed with the smithing skill. Wish I could take back all my levels and perks in it.

The problem with it is that at any one point, you're only gaining the benefit from that one point. Even if you maxed it out to dragon armor, you're not going to get any benefit from any of the other perks.

Take another crafting skill, alchemy, as a comparison. With alchemy if you max out the tree and make a potion you're gaining overlapping bonuses from everywhere.

T Ghost

I Big JG I said:
ha, glad you got one!

It was the very last one in my whole area!

I didn't know that Redbox offered games. I was very lucky to find a copy. Once more, Thanks a lot man! Please feel free to send me a FR on Xbox Live (T Ghost) and/or PS3 Online (T-Ghost-) if you want to. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom