• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

maniac-kun said:
Iam stuck at
the riddle with the 6 stones
._.

Look
behind the stone that you have to spin. Look up and at an angle. Behind each, there is a marking of the sign that you have to turn it to.

underkanter

Neo Member
loving this game, sadly it just gets me more hyped for another fallout. So far tho, going destruction, bow, light armor, sneak, and lock pick. Dark elf, loving destruction, perks seem to make it pretty do-able

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yoshichan said:
One of the most beautiful games I've ever played sometimes... stupid imgur compression.

http://i.imgur.com/NXJlU.jpg
So good.

Soooo, what's in the Whiterun Catacombs? Worth delving into? Didn't expect to find skeletons down there. Ran out and they chased me. Had a nice 3v3 brawl with some Battle-Borns on my side. :p

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
SERIOUSLY, I LOVE THIS GAME SO MUCH ALL OF A SUDDEN!

I just roamed into a random dungeon and got my ass whooped! That never happened in Oblivion, oh my God this is SOOOOOOO GOOD!

Morokh

Difficulty really is nothing like oblivion, things may be partially leveled, but man those Bears / Trolls / Ice Wraith are a real pain in the ass, even on standard difficulty.

And it's always painful when those finishing cut-scenes happen to your character xD

Question:

Is there a save place to horde loot before you're able to afford a house without fear of the game clearing it out?

I stuck a bunch of trivial stuff in the containers in my room at the Magic University to test it but I'm having a hard time carrying around all these Dragon Bones and Scales... not sure if it's vendor trash or if it's used for something later - Actually, I think I know what it's used for (
Some kind of dragon armor I assume, can I sell the bones if I'm not ever planning to craft heavy armor?
). I also have what's her face in Dragon's Reach as a "buddy" - is she a safe place to store items? I almost have enough for a house but I don't want to run myself completely dry on coin all at once.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
1) I will never tire of shield bashing bitches.
2) Goal for the day is full steel armor set so I don't look so amateur hour.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
nismogrendel said:
So followers have perma death on Skyrim? That sucks if they do. I almost lost Lydia to a cat today :/

They seem to kneel down and become incompacitated before perma-dieing which loses everyone's focus on them, meaning its really easy to keep them alive. It seems like the only way's to let them die is if you friendly fire them to death with unfocused magic spam, they get hit by the cross fire of everyone fighting you, or you put them in a situation where they are the only person enemies can attack.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yoshichan said:

I just roamed into a random dungeon and got my ass whooped! That never happened in Oblivion, oh my God this is SOOOOOOO GOOD!
This was the first thing that happened to me. The necromancers in Illnata's Keep just obliterated me.

Wonder if I can go back and take them yet...

Spoo

0ZG9r.jpg

This planking shit needs to stop.

Hesemonni

Banned
Yoshichan said:

Morrowind is that you?

Shady859

ADORED Fallout 3, probably my favorite SP 360 game and enjoyed New Vegas. Would you all recommend this or Oblivion? I never played Oblivion, started to 100 times but never did...

Need something to break up my time in shooters.

Dresden

Fuck I love this game. Just got to the bottom of
Bleak Barrows
, got a dragon power or something, and killed the
Draughr Overlord.
Dungeons feel like dungeons. Amazing.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
WTF at the controller sensitivity (Xbox Controller on PC) changing based on your FPS.

Why the fuck don't they include some kind of library to store the books. It would give completionist whores something to do and be a handy way to pick up the books without them taking up space in your inventory.

And fuck do I hate having a finite number of things I can carry. The collection whore in me says to pick up everything.

Trojita said:
WTF at the controller sensitivity (Xbox Controller on PC) changing based on your FPS.

Why the fuck don't they include some kind of library to store the books. It would give completionist whores something to do and be a handy way to pick up the books without them taking up space in your inventory.

And fuck do I hate having a finite number of things I can carry. The collection whore in me says to pick up everything.

I beleive you can store books on a shelf if you have a house.

taku

Damn you,
Ice Troll!
One punch and I was a goner.. what level am I supposed to be when walking the
7000 steps
?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
taku said:
Damn you,
Ice Troll!
One punch and I was a goner.. what level am I supposed to be when walking the
7000 steps
?

I was level 7 IIRC, they're weak to fire so run back. Only one there.

Salazar

Saarthal question:

Did Tolfdir and this enemy just fucking attack me ? What the fuck. What do I do ?

Edit: Never mind, he's not doing it this time around.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
$hady said:
ADORED Fallout 3, probably my favorite SP 360 game and enjoyed New Vegas. Would you all recommend this or Oblivion? I never played Oblivion, started to 100 times but never did...

This game makes Oblivion (at least vanilla Oblivion) obsolete. Sorry to put it in those terms, but yes.

Luthos

Ungh, been playing this so much over the past day. I love this game.

Hardly spoilers (no story spoilers):
I just went on a "quest" from Whiterun to Ivarstead. Not that far on the map. But it must of took me a couple hours because I kept getting distracted. Had my first "random dragon just finds you as you're traveling" moment. And I also found a word wall up in the mountains with a dragon near it, so got 2 dragons on the way to the town. Lost my horse to some idiot who tricked me into helping him, but had an ambush of dudes waiting. I'll miss you Allie. Finally made it to Ivarstead, but decided to stop because it took me so long.

Dragon Shout spoilers:
I got the Marked for Death shout. Where it "poisons" them and lowers their armor, and they glow purple. Awesome shout for non-mages, since the lower armor really helps with weapon attacks. KEH! I also picked up another word, but didn't unlock it. It gave me the ability to shout at a certain distance place, and it distracts dudes. Only worth it for stealth characters to distract them and then sneak attack them. So I didn't unlock it since I'm a warrior.

Also, in general, the atmosphere/dungeons are at least a 100 times better than Oblivion. So much more diversity. I won't name any places just so I don't have to use spoiler tags again, but seriously. The outside world looks loads better, and the dungeons are loads better.

And I'm a sword/board warrior. And while I like the melee combat in Oblivion/Skyrim more than most people, it definitely got a lot more interesting/fun when you get some shouts to start using.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Goddamnit this game is gonna totally ruin my sleep schedule....I need to go to bed but I'm fighting the urge to boot it up again.

taku

Papercuts said:
I was level 7 IIRC, they're weak to fire so run back. Only one there.
I'm level 4 or 5 and tried only using fire since I've got a frost sword on me, ugh -_-
I need to get myself a better weapon..

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Hawkian said:
This was the first thing that happened to me. The necromancers in Illnata's Keep just obliterated me.

Wonder if I can go back and take them yet...

I killed these fuckers being level 6. Magic + a mace when they are up close.

Eusis

Hawkian said:
This game makes Oblivion (at least vanilla Oblivion) obsolete. Sorry to put it in those terms, but yes.
In fact, probably the only reason to bother with Oblivion over Skyrim now is price beyond the mods... and you'd be better off waiting on sales for both if that's your angle. As of right now, just get Skyrim and wait on another amazing Steam Sale for Oblivion if you're going to get one of the two right now.

Salazar

DeathIsTheEnd said:
I just ran past it after trying to kill it once.

Running all the way back down to the village and letting them kill it is an option. Keep your weapons sheathed, though, when you get there.

NB: You feel like a bitch.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
$hady said:

This. 1000x this. Oblivion fucks up everything you could possibly love about Fallout unless you use a complete overhaul mod and even then you're basically putting a glaze over a turd so you can say you did polish it. Skyrim seems so... so... so right.

a quest called No One Escapes Cidhna Mine has a bug, it's first activated by entering the shrine of talos, where guards tell you to go to the cidhna prison or fight. if you surrender you go to cidhna prison. once you're out with the other prisoners, they fight all the guards and escape the city themselves.

but then once you reenter the shrine of talos, the same guards are there and tell you the same thing. if you surrender again, they will say go to prison but instead attack you.

all i want to do is enter the shrine of talos. did the same happened to anyone else?

Morokh said:
Anyone found an armor enchantment or something like that on an item yet ?
I've found some elven armour which makes conjuration spells cost 20% less to cast. I also found a helmet but can't remember what that did.

Dresden

The trader in Riverwood sold some robes and such with enchants on them - usually magicka cost reductions for casting certain schools of spells.

Shady859

Hmm after the replies and reading you guys gushing your hear out for this game I think i'll skip Oblivion and get this. Not worried about price point, i'd rather play the better game. Thanks

Gonna try to find a copy with a map inside, i hope... Read this on another board of rave reviews for Skyrim: You can tell if you have a premium map copy of the game or not by looking at the top left of the back of the box, if your copy is supposed to be a copy with a premium copy map, then there'll be a box there that says so.

123rl

Has anyone had any crashes yet? I had one yesterday that completely froze my 360 and I had to reset. Not good...

Valygar said:
Examine the claw in your inventory. The wall reliefs are not the solution (I wasted a lot of time with the wall till I read the journal again and checked the claw :( )

Thanks for your help guys.

weepy

I'm curious as to what makes this game so great? All of my friends are getting this (at least that I know of) and I'm wondering what the big deal is. If I never been into rpg's, would this be an ideal first for me?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Man, how long does it take to make the money to get a house? I seem to remember it being much easier in the Fallout games to find a place early in the game to stash your loot.

Aurora

weepy said:
I'm curious as to what makes this game so great? All of my friends are getting this (at least that I know of) and I'm wondering what the big deal is. If I never been into rpg's, would this be an ideal first for me?
Probably not, no. This game has an enormous world with tonnes of different quests and missions to do. It would be pretty intimidating for someone who's never really played RPGs.

But then again you never know. You should watch some Let's Plays on Youtube to get a feel for it and see if you find it appealing. You have to remember that the game becomes good once you let it draw you in, which will likely take a few hours at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom