• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Echoplx

Only thing that pisses me off about the house is no enchanting table, I don't even need the alchemy one.

Oh yeah enchanting is awesome in this game, well worth it.

Luthos

nismogrendel said:
I like the whiterun house. Fast travel there and you are like 10 steps from your front door.

Not sure if the others are this convenient...
Not to mention that it's 10 feet away from the smithing area (which is handy for my character).

Arjen

This is one of the games where i wish i had a capture card.
I was walking high in the mountain yesterday, out of nowhere a dude comes running and screaming at me with a giant axe. Before i knew what was going on, he missed me and tubled down the mountain screaming.
I love those weird moments

nismogrendel said:
I like the whiterun house. Fast travel there and you are like 10 steps from your front door.

Not sure if the others are this convenient...

I'm going to try and completely avoid fast travel. Eventually, I'm sure the novelty of exploration will wear off and I won't want to spend an hour trekking from Solitude to Windhelm, but until that day comes, I'll walk, and when it does, I'll pay for a horse and cart journey as opposed to fast travelling.

ElyrionX

So, I'm a level 8 Altmer mage now, larglely focusing on Destruction. I've only been pumping Magicka which is now at 240 whereas Health and Stamina are at 100. Anybody else doing this? I'm feeling a little glass cannon-y. I struggled quite a bit with my second dragon fight (up in the mountain pass, not sure if it's story-related but the dragon was unnamed) and needed to resort to using several health potions to beat it.

Also, I tried traveling to Winterhold but the moment I hit the snowstorm on the roads, a frostback spider attacked and killed me in 2 hits. So I supposed I'm not supposed to be headed there right now?

X26

Banned
Anteater said:
My Redguard!
5JDxd.jpg

don't know what to skill up, damn

seems like redguards as a whole turn out looking the best

Arjen

Einbroch said:
You guys know you can "eat" an ingredient to learn one of it's effects and thus have the recipe, right?

Mind blown. I've been mixing potions for a while now, this wil make it a lot easier lol

Gandie

So the showracemenu console command. Can I change my character's face and not fuck up any skill progression? Or does it reset my character?

ElyrionX

Also, it seems like gaining levels in the various schools of magic serve the purpose of only unlocking higher level spells and perks for your use. Doesn't seem like spell damage will scale with your magic level.

ruuk

Question about Winterhold, very spoilery. Read only if you've spent much time questing there.

Anybody know where the player's room is located in Winterhold?

I wasn't told because I accidentally clicked through a door mid conversation, and I have no idea if I was rewarded a room, or what's going on.

I've done the first several quests (and got as far as defeating the dragon that attacks the college after finding the three stolen books), and believe I probably should have been given one by now.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Whoa, different attack animations and separate attacks when dual wielding by pressing both triggers at the same time... mind blown.

Messi

Seen a stray dog being attacked by 3 wolves, went to help him (i'm a dog lover :) ) and he had killed them by the time i got there.

Stray dogs are boss, then I told him to go home.

_woLf said:
I just fus'd a bandit off a cliff.

Game of the FOREVER.

I've been trying to work out how to tip people over the edge of cliffs for ages, and never considered the shout. Genius, going to try this out now (my third marathon session in a row begins...........now!)

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
bengraven said:
Isamu answers

Thanks guys but what race is the best race? I just started the game and don't kow what race to choose? Which is the best?

X26

Banned
isamu said:
Thanks guys but what race is the best race? I just started the game and don't kow what race to choose? Which is the best?

there is none, you end up creating whatever kind of character you want, so go off of visual preference if anything

Fjordson

Hawkian said:
Whoa, different attack animations and separate attacks when dual wielding by pressing both triggers at the same time... mind blown.
How is dual-wielding? Still don't know if I should ditch my sword and shield for it.

Arjen

X26 said:
there is none, you end up creating whatever kind of character you want, so go off of visual preference if anything

Well, my Dumer 50% fire resistance is pretty usefull in some fights..

Rad- said:
One thing I really dislike is that changing weapons/magic is way too annoying.
I was thinking this, too. It's not really annoying, but I would've preferred it if you could've favorited selections for both hands at the same time. Like, have a selection "sword and shield", instead of having to manually select both in the favorites menu each time.

Enco

I've asked this before but can someone please tell me if there's a fight arena equivalent. Any mini games you progress in? Apart from smithing and cooking.

Wanace

I just had a C++ Runtime error which crashed the game, only the second crash in 18 hours. Surprising because Fallout 3 crashed on me like once a play session. Good job Bethesda.

I'm worried my main skills are pretty low. I'm level 17 and my main skills, destruction and one-handed are not even at 50 yet. I'm not struggling too hard in fights, but I'm sitting on 6 perks now and I can't use them where I want yet because my skills are too low.

Also Argonian Histskin is an amazing power to have, the health regen is good enough to brute force your way through many a tough fight.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Arjen said:
This is one of the games where i wish i had a capture card.
I was walking high in the mountain yesterday, out of nowhere a dude comes running and screaming at me with a giant axe. Before i knew what was going on, he missed me and tubled down the mountain screaming.
I love those weird moments
One undead was stupidly banging his weapon on his shield while I punched him to death.

Same area, another undead was doing a weird Babe Ruth/Hulkster taunt...and I also punched him to death.

Rad- said:
One thing I really dislike is that changing weapons/magic is way too annoying.

Yeah, they should've left the hotkey system in.

I do like how human enemies will crawl away and beg for mercy before you kill them :)

PumpkinPie said:
Yeah, they should've left the hotkey system in.
It is, on the PC. You can put hotkeys on items in your favorites menu.

You can also do it on the console, but you only have two available slots.

EDIT: Wow, having the Steed birthsign gives you +100 carry weight. Awesome.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Had a Dragon come out of no where and start toasting my ass. Tried to run away and next thing you know it landed next to a Mammoth. Needless to say that Mammoth owned the Dragon and I got all I needed from the remains. Yeehaw.

I have a question, dunno if there is an obvious answer, but if there is an item on a switch (Think beginning of Raiders of the Lost Ark with the Gold Idol), is there any way to put an item in its place? I am getting owned by traps when I remove items.

Vistrix

Blue Ninja said:
It is, on the PC. You can put hotkeys on items in your favorites menu.

You can also do it on the console, but you only have two available slots.

EDIT: Wow, having the Steed birthsign gives you +100 carry weight. Awesome.
OMG dude, I didn't know you could hotkey like that - thanks!!

Has anyone else noticed some really awful shadow flickering on the 360 version? It seems to be every time the shadows move outdoors (presumably as the sun moves across the sky). I'm using the VGA cable running on 1366 x 768 and running off the disc (not installed) if that makes a difference.

PS. Other than that, LOVING the game thus far!

EDIT: It's pretty much this, except happening on the 360: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=es84W6A1XsQ

I'm wondering if it's because of the resolution I'm using. I'll know more once I get to test it on my 1080p TV later next week.

Enco

Blue Ninja said:
Ok, thanks.

Has anyone talked to Erik in Rorikstead about how he wants go on an adventure and asks you to talk to his dad? Trying to figure out if its a Radiant thing.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
This game is damn addictive. I never cared that much about Oblivion, but damn, I love this game to bits. Also, I'm pretty sure one guard said, "You're already dead," during the
Dragon fight in Whiterun
Dang... I should have taken a screenshot. It was hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom