• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.
FuzzyNorman said:
Sorry for all the questions, but I have a few more if anyone wants to answer:

-I'm early in the game (level 5), but where do you go to start learning conjuration and other types of magic besides destruction? Do you have to go to Winterhold?

-I defeated the first dragon, but is there a way to sell the dragon scales/bones?

-Is the OST released yet? I can't find it on Itunes. I would imagine it would come out the day of the game's release.

Yes,the college of magic there does it and all the other kind of magic too. Not really sure if you have to though.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
TheExecutive said:
So I am takin it you like it?
Hell yeah I am! I'm enjoying the living crap out of this game...

Just one question, how come there's no droplet in this game? I'm 100% sure the water in Oblivion acted differently when it rained :O?

edit: I'm the biggest fucking pyromancer alive right now. 100% magic, 100% fire. Fire runs, fireballs, flamelaunchers, flame shield, flame robe. GOD I LOVE THIS GAME.

angelfly

lowhighkang_LHK said:
Anyone else a but more impressed with the game's difficulty (on adept). It's still brain dead easy, but at least you feel if you're not careful you can die.
It's not brain dead easy for me. I still get my ass handed to me a lot.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
lol, I thought everyone played this on the hardest difficulty? Hopefully I'm not the only one...

PONGSTAR

Banned
Need a house and I was told that I could buy one in Whiterun after completing a quest. I'm supposed to see someone to buy a house but can't recall who. Any advice on who to see and how much denero is needed?

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Yoshichan said:
lol, I thought everyone played this on the hardest difficulty? Hopefully I'm not the only one...
Default is 'adept' right? I'm on that, it's been pretty easy so far.

PONGSTAR said:
Need a house and I was told that I could buy one in Whiterun after completing a quest. I'm supposed to see someone to buy a house but can't recall who. Any advice on who to see and how much denero is needed?
Yeah you need to go to the top of that castle(?) in Whiterun, I believe its 5000 something.

Firebrand said:
"Well, I had to take the long route around the entire town to bypass that glitched NPC, but at least now I'm inside--"
5C84E.jpg

NOPE.

Is there seriously no way to get rid of this guy? :/

Can someone aware me on this problem?

Firebrand

vitaminwateryum said:
Same problem. Only way I managed to get rid of him was to go jump off a cliff. Now I just have to avoid Whiterun until someone can find a solution.
I think I figured this one out;

It seems it's bounty-related. I loaded a save just before I murder a travelling nobleman and his guard. If I go directly to Farkas, only the chick talks to me, then they leave. I'll have to use this save, I think I can replay everything past that point in an hour or two.

I reloaded, murdered the nobleman, the guard and his horse, and now something else happened: Farkas & company all attacked me, unprovoked! I guess this explains why Farkas was always drawing his sword before talking to me on the old glitched save.

I also discovered something slightly hilarious in the process of murdering the nobleman: The horse is a witness, and killing it removes 2000 bounty. Still got 40 bounty unaccounted for though even after killing all three, no idea. Maybe there was a deer nearby...?

GhaleonEB

Yoshichan said:
The boss from the fort I just cleared killed me 10 times in a row before I found a way to drop her; one heavy blow from her hammer was fatal from full health. I don't feel the need to punish myself further. :p

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
HawksWinStanley said:
Can someone aware me on this problem?

Basically the guy just follows you around and won't stop initiating conversations with you. You can't kill him either because he's part of some quests later on. You don't even have to talk to him first, he just chases you down and won't stop.

I just unlocked the ranger ability under the archer talent tree but it doesn't seem to do anything. Has anyone noticed a difference in movement speed after getting this ability?

PONGSTAR

Banned
angelfly said:
It's not brain dead easy for me. I still get my ass handed to me a lot.
Same here. I had to move from Master to Adept because I was losing too many battles. Adept is much less frustrating and not so easy that it gets boring. I still have to save, but not before I go around every turn or corner, lol.

Numpt3

I know it's probably been asked a million times before, but does this game have any sort of karma system like fallout? Can I mess things up by being to much of an evil bastard?

zmoney said:
She was the girl who gave you the contract to kill her bandit boyfriend in a Dwenmer ruin and the other optional girl in Windhelm.
So if anyone knows where she lives, well, that would be great....
When I met her to accept the contract, it was inside a house on the far left side of Markrath after going in the front gate. I can't guarantee that's her home, but I'd check there.

how the fuck is this game getting great reviews? my first couple of hours the impressions has not been good. Clunky Combat, horrible, Animation, bad voice acting, sorta ugly all around.

Wallach

GhaleonEB said:
What is the criteria for getting a location to mark as "Cleared" on the map? I've ransacked and looted Fort Greymoor from one end to the other a few times now and it won't mark as cleared. Does that mean I'm missing something big in there?

I don't think you can get a Cleared mark on Fort Greymoor. Whether that applies to all Forts or not I don't know, but that one wouldn't give me one.

Derrick01

Banned
Kabuki Waq said:
how the fuck is this game getting great reviews? my first couple of hours the impressions has not been good. Clunky Combat, horrible, Animation, bad voice acting, sorta ugly all around.

Because the game's focus is not on those areas, as I said a good 100 times in the intro thread when everyone was freaking out about those same things.

Roche

vitaminwateryum said:
Basically the guy just follows you around and won't stop initiating conversations with you. You can't kill him either because he's part of some quests later on. You don't even have to talk to him first, he just chases you down and won't stop.

You could open the console up and disable him, if you need him later you can just do the same to enable him again.

Edit: Though now that I think about it, I have no idea how you'd go about enabling him again, maybe someone more familiar with the console can help you out.

Numpt3

Kabuki Waq said:

Yeah it is a bit of a clunky mess, but the setting and the atmosphere are fantastic.

Derrick01 said:
Because the game's focus is not on those areas, as I said a good 100 times in the intro thread when everyone was freaking out about those same things.

Gameplay and immersion are not a focus of the game?

Derrick01

Banned
theinfinityissue said:
ugh on the companions quest and a dude wants me to give his sword to "Eorlund" anyone know where he is? he's supposed to be a blacksmith but he's not.. where the blacksmith is

Right by the companion's building is a large rock with an eagle-like thing sculpted into it, there's a forge there and he'll be there.

Kabuiq Waq said:
Gameplay and immersion are not a focus of the game?

It is, just not fluid 1st person combat and uncharted level animation. Plenty of people are still being sucked into the world without that superficial crap.

tuco11

Game is everything I hoped for. I have been playing nonstop since midnight 11/11. I have barely touched the main quest but have 2 dragon shouts. One problem.. I have not seen a single friggin dragon yet lol!! Do I have to do more of the main quest for them to start randomly showing up? Just as an FYI.. I have walked from Falkreath to Winterhold.

thanks!

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Kabuki Waq said:
Keep playing, it gets a lot better.

Cutwolf

Who should I bring the azuras star to for repair? The black star that can hold human souls seems better, at least it was on oblivion, but which NPc repairs it into the black star?

-PXG-

Oh, deleted the system cache and installing the game to USB did fix the texture issue for me. Game looks fantastic now. I still wish there was a way to change the FOV on console though.

Combat is so much fun in this game. Dual wielding is baller as fuck.

m0ngo said:
Yeah it is a bit of a clunky mess, but the setting and the atmosphere are fantastic.

well thats what i thought about oblivion but for some reason this game i am just not getting into the Atmosphere. The everything seems so dead. It really feels like this game was made 5 years ago or so.

Kabuki Waq said:

Well I guess we're just lucky that the game journalists didn't turn in their reviews after just a few hours. Keep playing.

KingK

Help

I'm stuck on a Companion's guild quest in Dustman's Cairn to
retrieve a fragment of the founders weapon or whatever
. I'm in the dungeon with the Companions dude, but the only way forwards is through this metal gate which I cannot open. There's a throne in the room that I can sit on but it doesn't do anything. How am I supposed to proceed?

GhaleonEB

Wallach said:
I don't think you can get a Cleared mark on Fort Greymoor. Whether that applies to all Forts or not I don't know, but that one wouldn't give me one.
Okay, glad it wasn't just me. I spent forever in there. :lol

I've decided to trek to Rorikstead, do some questing, and then murder someone in their sleep.

Enco

9 hours through.

Completed 8 or so objectives and no side quests. I might completely ignore all quests and just try save up for a house and smith/mine.

Derrick01 said:
Right by the companion's building is a large rock with an eagle-like thing sculpted into it, there's a forge there and he'll be there.

It is, just not fluid 1st person combat and uncharted level animation. Plenty of people are still being sucked into the world without that superficial crap.

how the hell is good combat, animation, and voice acting superficial? can someone explain atleast how this game gets better? what are the selling points?

Zeliard

GhaleonEB said:
Okay, glad it wasn't just me. I spent forever in there. :lol

Yeah I think normally with dungeons, they become "cleared" after you kill all the enemies. Maybe that particular place is considered too small to be a dungeon, or something? Haven't been yet.

Kabuki Waq said:
how the hell is good combat, animation, and voice acting superficial? can someone explain atleast how this game gets better? what are the selling points?

Just keep playing, jesus.

Won

Had a Dragon spawn but he didn't want to come down and fight. Coward!

I guess I have to start the fight somehow?

Loving the game, got a question tho. How do you raise speechcraft outside of buying and selling stuff? It's been going up slow as hell for me.

Cutwolf

Game is beautiful (textures aren't the end all be all) and playing with the 360 controller I don't find it clunky at all. At least not as a Mage.

f0rk

KingK said:
Help

I'm stuck on a Companion's guild quest in Dustman's Cairn to
retrieve a fragment of the founders weapon or whatever
. I'm in the dungeon with the Companions dude, but the only way forwards is through this metal gate which I cannot open. There's a throne in the room that I can sit on but it doesn't do anything. How am I supposed to proceed?

There should be a smaller room with tables and a lever to pull.

Pollux

krameriffic said:
When I met her to accept the contract, it was inside a house on the far left side of Markrath after going in the front gate. I can't guarantee that's her home, but I'd check there.
Thanks...I'll check it out and get back to y'all.

So I'm doing the DB quests but I'm rolling like that DB Orc from Oblivion who goes in and slaughters everyone. It should be a nice contrast for my next character which will be stealthy. It's fun to
turn into a werewolf and slaughter the town square and then run out to the country side and turn back into a human with now bounty.

This game is so good. There are just so many ways to do EVERYTHING.

Kabuki Waq said:

The same reason Oblivion & Fallout 3 got so many great reviews.
Big game with lots to do & that's it.

KingK

f0rk said:
There should be a smaller room with tables and a lever to pull.

Shit, you're right. I hadn't seen the lever, it blended into the stone walls too much, lol. I was stuck there for like 20 minutes. Thanks!

It's weird to hear people complaining that the map is smaller than Oblivion's when Skyrim is actually a smaller province than Cyrodiil. Although that doesn't explain why Vvardenfell was so huge in-game when it's a fifth of Morrowind's landmass...

GhaleonEB

Zeliard said:
Yeah I think normally with dungeons, they become "cleared" after you kill all the enemies. Maybe that particular place is considered too small to be a dungeon, or something? Haven't been yet.
Could be. It was the second 'dungeon' I'd done, the first of which I cleared.

There's so much to do in this game, it really is overwhelming. I've scratched to exploration bug, so I'm going to head to a city and just really sink into it.

Kabuki Waq said:

Have you not played an Elder Scrolls game before or something? The selling point is the huge and immersive open-world that the player is free to explore.

Wallach

Zeliard said:

It's actually a fairly large place; it's right by the watchtower they send you to from Whiterun (just a bit more West). I figured it might have something to do with a particular NPC there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom