• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazetex

Skyrim's ability to instill fear in a grown man is wonderful, even more so in this post-Oblivion age.

I haven't been able to take a dragon down without random NPC help. I hate companions, but I think once I learn a new word or two I'm going to take a companion out as bait. Not Lydia, though, she's my current storage container. (I should probably just dealwitit and take companions out for melee-heavy quests. It's not like my paladin is a sneaky sort.)

I am sworn to carry your burdens.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
The Dark Brotherhood armour looks like total shit, hopefully someone mods it soon. It's a shame the game doesn't have companions like New Vegas.

Lyonaz

So what part of the world is TES VI going to be?
I want to see Elsweyr, home of the khajiit, tropical and desert places according to these catpeople.

Zeliard

lol I didn't quite realize how much stuff I've stolen till I looted the evidence box while escaping prison. List was huge. Lots of stolen crafting materials in particular. Doesn't include the stuff I've stored on my companion either.

My escape ended up fairly bloody, though. I escaped from the cell cleanly enough and got near the belongings and evidence chests but the one asshole guard sitting there wouldn't move, and I have no sneaking perks unlocked yet or spells that don't bring attention to myself.

So I had to fight them since I didn't want them to steal my stolen shit (it's truly dumb how the guards and merchants still magically know exactly which items you've stolen). I escaped to the outside momentarily before heading back in and my companion entered the prison dungeon with me as a result, which helped.

Had all the guards in town hostile against me afterwards so I waited the usual three in-game days and hostility ceased, though some of the guards when I approached them said something like "I know you." Prompting them for further conversation gets you a single dialogue option of "You're making a mistake" and then the typical bounty options. But you can just ignore them and nothing seems to come of it. It's a bit strange. Don't recall it happening in the previous games but it's been a while.

eso76

Deadbeat said:
Good News: Heavy Armor tree has a perk that makes it so whatever armor you have equipped will equal 0 weight.

Bad News: You have to go through 2 bad perks to get to it.

still great news.
i'm used to level up my light armor skills in TES, because heavy ones will leave you useless and unable to carry much of anything.

xtrasauce said:
I fucking hate Steam right now. Would have been easier to just tour every store in the city to find a copy, than to deal with this suspended update bullshit.

Am I really the person with this problem? It says UPDATED: 1.2KB / 1,854.0MB - Suspended

When I try to start the game it says it's not available right now.

Zhaanie

Banned
So I'm a 100% vampire now.. yet when I approach the only guy who can supposedly help me, he just plain attacks me. :/

What to do?

Gandie

No thank you...

nothankyou.png

QP3

So i just stepped into Markarth for the first time and saw
an assassin randomly kill a women who was buying something at the vendor, after which, guard and I took care of him

The world of sky rim is amazing. You never know when action is going to strike.

Zeliard

xtrasauce said:
Am I really the person with this problem? It says UPDATED: 1.2KB / 1,854.0MB - Suspended

When I try to start the game it says it's not available right now.

Tried verifying integrity of game cache?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Holy shit, Bound Bow is ridiculous. I have a bunch of extra bow damage, and a bunch of extra bound weapon damage and I literally just tear through everything, and the arrows are literally unlimited (not that that's usually a problem anyways). Dragons die in just a few shots and I haven't even maxed out the Bow damage stuff yet.

Are there any one of a kind special weapons or shields? If i remember right Oblivion did not have any other than the Razor. But since they did in the Fallout games, figured maybe this would as well.

Divius

QP3 said:
So i just stepped into Markarth for the first time and saw
an assassin randomly kill a women who was buying something at the vendor, after which, guard and I took care of him

The world of sky rim is amazing. You never know when action is going to strike.
I was in Riften (?) just walking around when I suddenly see 2 guard draw their weapons, so I was like: what the hell did I do now? But they ran the other way because they were trying to kill a thief. So I watched from a distance and looted his corpse afterwards. He stole some gold and ruby's. Easy money!

Mindlog

Game is awesome. Games seems a bit too easy. Oh, we forgot to change the difficulty setting. Game still seems kind of easy.
Cutwolf said:
Anyone have any tips on how to kill
Morokei
in the labyrinthine?
-_-
Touché, game. Your one-shotting prowess would make Dark Souls proud.

I'm not happy about it, but I shall glitch your path-finding while I cheese you with my thunder.

I just saw the Whirlwind Shout. When I start my own character I am definitely playing as a Vanguard.

Yoshichan said:
edit: But what's up with dragons? There seems to be none in my game except for the one
at the intro
... 11+ hours, 0 dragons o_O?
I have seen 3 so far. Well, 4 but I don't count that one...

From what I have witnessed, dragons really hate horses.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Such a good looking game.

And an excellent game at that.

Wow, what a surprise GotY this might just turn out to be (I was hating on Skyrim because of the shitfest that was Oblivion).

edit: But what's up with dragons? There seems to be none in my game except for the one
at the intro

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
subversus said:
how do I use these damn scrolls?
Equip them (from the menu) and use them, use can only use them once though :)

brentech

Anyone playing in 3rd person? Not nearly was wonky as Oblivion. I actually find myself going to it as the first person view feels so lifeless.

Gandie

Yoshichan said:
Such a good looking game.

And an excellent game at that.

Wow, what a surprise GotY this might just turn out to be (I was hating on Skyrim because of the shitfest that was Oblivion).

at the intro

Are you quick-travelling or actually walking from town to town? Most dragons appear to attack me while I'm between towns, far away from any houses.

Woorloog

Banned
Smithing: Advanced Armors perk. What armor does it unlock? Light or heavy (it is on the "light" side of the perk tree)? Better, worse or equal to Dwemer armor?
I need to know if i should unlock it or just take perks from the "heavy" side.

Jokergrin said:
Question:

What skill do I have to increase to make my character be able to run/move faster?
You don't. Speed is the same always. Buy a horse or use Whirlwind Sprint shout to move faster.

angelfly

thelurkinghorror said:
You need a house to store stuff but don't have money? Clean an hideout and welcome yourself to the new home.
I would do that but I'm too scared of the possibility that certain containers could be reset.

Enco

Zhaanie said:
So I'm a 100% vampire now.. yet when I approach the only guy who can supposedly help me, he just plain attacks me. :/

What to do?
Ignore everything. You are no longer Dragonborn. The world has turned against you. Move from cave to cave. Feed of the humans.

In other news..

b5e98e99e26b4f3129e60769a4e8a91d.jpg

Great comic from Dorkly :lol

Campster

Do you like my tight white sweater? STOP STARING
GhostRidah said:
You have to feed so people wont attack you.

Nerdy explanation as to why (for Zhaanie's benefit): In Elder Scrolls lore if you don't feed you start trending towards the daedric evil that spawned the vampiric curse. You start getting more of the vampiric powers, but also their weaknesses (sunlight, etc). Also, your vampirism starts becoming.... apparent. You start looking evil and hideous, and people will attack you on sight because hey, it's one of those evil goddamned vampires we've heard so much about. It's a neat balancing act between having to feed to keep your humanity and becoming a monster but gaining great power.

coopolon

subversus said:
what button on a controller should I use? I equipped it but it writes "you can use the power only once a day".

I think they behave just like normal spells. So tie to a trigger and use that trigger.

Valygar

Wallach said:
Difficulty is great on Master. I'm definitely very anxious when exploring new places as a mage. I think once I hit level 10 I'm going to start doing a 2:1 ratio of magicka to health, because I'm running across more and more things that one-shot me. When trying to scope out some giants around a fire (I had not seen them before in-game), some kind of sabertooth tiger obliterated me from behind; by the time I even heard it I was rolling downhill.

I'm playing as a thief on Expert, and my thoughts are similar. I encountered a sabertooth trying to reach the top of a mountain, only way I could deal with it (sneaking or running didnt worked)...

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/614968383284728695/1F51EBD86CD36BF74F575B6B575D4BB8FB11A5DE/ (No spoilers there). The sabertooth is in the middle of the picture. It was very hard to make it jump the cliff, above 20 tries to achieve it.

By the way, I've also encountered a creature only vulnerable to fire. How can I recharge my soul gems? I'm playing a non-magic character but it seems I need to recharge my elemental weapons for stuff like that.

Also, what about companions? I'm a stealthy guy so I'm not sure if I want one around... If you tell them to wait in X, then do you have to go back there to get them back, or if you teleport to a city they reappear?

Dresden

I get owned by other mages. :( Focused on Fire, level 6 right now, 31 or so Destruction. Master difficulty if tha thelps.

Wish I'd gone for Lightning actually.

WhyMe6

Toodles said:
When in the inventory, what do the little triangles next to items' names signify?

I'm buggered if I can find a commonality between the items that have it. At first I thought it signified a +ve in the damage or armour rating (ie. it would have a green armour/damage modifier). After some tinkering, I can see that that's not the case though.

From what I can gather, the triangle signifies the item is "unique" or at the very least "visually alternate from the norm". I inadvertently worked this out because after a crapload of stealing and looting I had two Fur Armours in my inventory, both looked different and one had a triangle on it. The stats were the same.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I ditched my Nord lackey as soon as I came across a fellow Dark Elf for hire. Now we rolling around like it's Vvardenfall.

c47526c691c7c9500dcad6876f58eef1682da362.jpg

styl3s

Man i just keep dying.. the rescue this person side quest i die, the goto
the ice beard dudes, just normal beast kill me

i don't know if i just fucked up my build or what i might just re-roll an orc and do 1hand/1magic or something, i die far too easy.

Woorloog

Banned
Hmm. I really want to start another character. 20 levels and 25 hours in, halfway through the main quest and done a big bunch of other quests. And i don't want that different character... just make an orc with slightly different build (no magic, my nord uses magic, shield and an axe). Argh, decisions decisions.
Awesome game, GOTY for me and GOTDLT, or game of the damn long time.

EDIT LOL, UESP loads very slowly. Under very heavy load maybe?

SHarris78

I'm going through the early mission 'The Golden Claw'.

I get to the part where you have 3 animal pictures on a wall which you can 'activate', and i know i have to put them in the order that is on the Golden Claw. Problem is, all 3 pictures on the wall are of owls, plus when i press E to activate nothing happens.

Anyone else had this problem?

Lyonaz

Man I love these books you can find in Skyrim. Came upon a book called The Lusty Argonian Maid v2.
It's hilarious. I'm gonna make it my life mission to collect every volume.

coopolon

Woorloog said:
Hmm. I really want to start another character. 20 levels and 25 hours in, halfway through the main quest and done a big bunch of other quests. And i don't want that different character... just make an orc with slightly different build (no magic, my nord uses magic, shield and an axe). Argh, decisions decisions.
Awesome game, GOTY for me and GOTDLT, or game of the damn long time.

I restarted about 10 hours in and am really glad I did. I'm even making the same decisions mostly, just like this character a lot more, it's much more focused.

Then again I changed quite a bit more than you did. Sometimes it just takes some experience to figure what you really want.

You could always delevel some skills and level others, remove some perks and add some others with the console though.

Clevinger

Yoshichan said:
at the intro

Have you done the first quest in the main quest line?
They start entering the world after that, I'm told.
I'm level 9 and I haven't touched the main quest yet.

Woorloog

Banned
coopolon said:
I restarted about 10 hours in and am really glad I did. I'm even making the same decisions mostly, just like this character a lot more, it's much more focused.

Then again I changed quite a bit more than you did. Sometimes it just takes some experience to figure what you really want.

You could always delevel some skills and level others, remove some perks and add some others with the console though.
Xbox 360 so that's not an option. And wouldn't do it regardless, that always left me feeling like cheater in Morrowind/Oblivion so cannot do that and continue playing. It's the whole game with cheating or no cheating at all to me.

EDIT decision made, i'll start a new. I need a name for my male orc. Starts with gro-, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom