• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.

NBtoaster

KorrZ said:
So can we get a Dragon Kill Count going on in here?

I've killed 3 Dragons so far, level 17. 20 hours in. Actually surprised I haven't seen more yet :(

Killed 3, level 10.

The story one at whiterun, one around near the guardian stones, and one in the valley with the hot lakes and geysers.

Clevinger

Cyrillus said:
How the hell do you yield in this game? I've tried sheathing my weapon, I've tried holding block and spamming the interact button, neither does anything. I killed a man (the Redguard guy who's looking for his father's sword) in Whiterun, and now I can't seem to get them to stop attacking me. Is there another way? My Auto-saves seem to have disappeared other than 3 or 4 that I have accumulated since this crime, and my quicksaves over-write themselves, so they're no help either.

Any suggestions? Looks like if I can't fix this I lose about 5 hours of play time.

If you can get away from them, I've heard you can leave town for 3 days or so and then come back and they'll be non-agressive. I haven't tried it yet to confirm it though.

KorrZ

Kyaw said:
Killed 2, level 10. 9 hours in.

Are the Dragons totally randomly generated or are there factors which must be present for the dragon to spawn/appear?

You just have to do the main quest up to a certain very early point (
Up until you unlock your shout power
, and then they'll randomly spawn in the world. There are a few predetermined spawn points though, where Dragons will just be hanging out waiting for you to fight them.

SLX

Banned
Just picked up Skyrim Generations. The great thing about it is you can play through both classic and modern Skyrim the Hedgehog levels.

But on a serious note, I love playing as an Orc.

GhaleonEB

Random thought about the main quest: I'm kinda hoping it turns out that the timing of the dragon's appearance wasn't coincidence, but rather, intentionally to save me from execution.

Note: I haven't touched the main quest. But it would be neat.

Xdrive05

If I piss off an NPC who I need for a quest, is there any way I can get them back? I need to have a stone appraised by a guy who keeps saying "I'm done with you" then walks away, waypoint over his head the whole time. :-/

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
KorrZ said:

I've killed 3 Dragons so far, level 17. 20 hours in. Actually surprised I haven't seen more yet :(

Is there any way to see how many you've killed? I'm surprised they have a "Bunnies slaughtered:" stat count, but not a "Dragons killed:"

KorrZ said:

20 hours in and I've only killed one. I've heard one and seen another flying around in the distance, but no attacks yet.

Enco

Loxley said:
You basically access the shelf the same way you would a chest; when the UI comes up, you can "drop" (i.e. = store) items in the shelf. If you drop books, the game will stack them automatically.
Awesome, thanks.

I assume it sorts everything else nicely too. Can you choose which shelf to put things on? Or does it stack from the top?

The stealth system is stunning. If you shoot one person with an arrow, the whole gang won't auto know where you are. They actually search for you an you can stay hidden. More games need this.

angelfly

KorrZ said:

I've killed 6 so far. I'm a bit over 19 hours in.

Enco said:
Holy. Shit.

This is the only game that has ever made me feel sick about killing someone. Everyone is so life like and everyone feels like part of a community. By killing someone I feel like I'm destroying the hearts of plenty others. I couldn't even kill the woman who ordered thugs to kill me (she was the owner of a tavern). I feel attached to everyone haha.

The radiant system is the best thing I've seen in a game in a long time. Far from perfect but it's still stunning.

Yea, for me this game shits on everything else.

You weakling! I use everyone to get whatever rewards I can, then I kill them and steal what they wouldn't give me.

Gandie

Enco said:
Awesome, thanks.

I assume it sorts everything else nicely too. Can you choose which shelf to put things on? Or does it stack from the top?

The stealth system is stunning. If you shoot one person with an arrow, the whole gang won't auto know where you are. They actually search for you an you can stay hidden. More games need this.

You can access the shelves seperately.

Pollux

So I don't know what I did, but no matter what I do to try and atone (pay off bounty, go to jail, etc.) every guard in Riften tries to kill me on site. WTF.

Wanace

Timber said:
Next Elder Scrolls game needs a Detect Corpse spell.
Yeah, especially when you're fighting some badass enemy who you think will have good loot, then you blast them with a spell or get a slo-mo cam kill and they shoot off a cliff and into a forest.

Fuuuuuuuuuuu.....

Fjordson

KorrZ said:

20 hours, only killed 2 so far.

They haven't been around long in my game, took me a while to get to that point in the main quest. Just so many ways to get distracted.

Shane86

Anyone know the trick to killing wispmothers, seem invincible to me

Also I'm stuck on the mission "dampened spirits"
There's a guy in the meadery called Hamelyn who destroys me with two fireballs,can't get past him :(

So, anyone have a list/guide of houses? Google is failing me. Hell, even personal experience would do, I just want a house that isn't in Whiterun (boring) and that you don't have to be too far into the game to buy.

Need to offload my book collection! I've had to hide a bunch of dragon scales in a barrel.

Edit: Scratch that - does anyone know how to obtain the houses in Riften or Markarth?

Khezu

Whoops, accidentally played for 8 hours with out knowing, game is mad addicting.

I had to force myself to play though oblivion, and even then I quit after the dark brotherhood and mage guild stuff.

Cyrillus

Clevinger said:
If you can get away from them, I've heard you can leave town for 3 days or so and then come back and they'll be non-agressive. I haven't tried it yet to confirm it though.
This worked for me, thanks for the info!

KorrZ

Alphahawk said:
I want to play this game, but one thing that drove me crazy about Oblivion was the lock pick mechanic. Is it still in there?

It's the same lockpicking as in Fallout 3/New Vegas now.

Loxley

Enco said:
Awesome, thanks.

Here's a SS of my house in Whiterun, with my shelf of books (or a "bookshelf", as some may call it :p) on the right. The game did all the organizing.

In reality I have twice that many books but the shelf will only hold so much, so I had to store the rest in some chests in the house. I can't wait to get a big enough house with larger shelves to store my entire collection :)

Enco

Giriath_89 said:
You weakling! I use everyone to get whatever rewards I can, then I kill them and steal what they wouldn't give me.
Haha I could never do that. They too real.

@ lead thanks for the reply :) sounds good

@ joes the tab button alway messes up with me too. Has something to do with shift I think

Edit: sweet crib lox!

Squire

Banned
Anybody know any good hunting grounds in the wild? I just wanna buff my one-handed skills. I'm in Windhelm currently, so somewhere close would be nice.

Gandie

painting.png

Drazgul

Snuggler said:
Oh my god you can hunt fish with a bow and arrow. I'll be eating like a king. This game...this fucking game.

Or you can just... pick them up in the water (sadly I don't think they've invented dynamite fishing yet in Tamriel). Kinda silly how you can outswim fish wearing heavy armor, but oh well. :D

dewkl

Neo Member
Are both items and magic entirely dependent on level? (level scaling)

I can't find any high level destruction spells and I've not come across any ...high level items yet.

Otheradam

Loxley said:
Here's a SS of my house in Whiterun, with my shelf of books (or a "bookshelf", as some may call it :p) on the right. The game did all the organizing.

In reality I have twice that many books but the shelf will only hold so much, so I had to store the rest in some chests in the house. I can't wait to get a big enough house with larger shelves to store my entire collection :)

How do you furnish your house? I just bought the whiterun place and it has nothing in it!

cory021

Neo Member
GhaleonEB said:
Random thought about the main quest: I'm kinda hoping it turns out that the timing of the dragon's appearance wasn't coincidence, but rather, intentionally to save me from execution.

Note: I haven't touched the main quest. But it would be neat.
I haven't touched the main quest either, but that's what I was thinking. When I was talking with Hadvar back in Riverwood, he said that he thought that the Stormcloaks somehow used the dragon to save Ulfrick. However, the dragon arrived just in time to save you right before your execution. It probably doesn't mean anything, but it's fun to speculate.

putarorex

Can dragons kill quest-giving NPCs? I got attacked outside Windhelm and two named npcs (and a chicken and horse) I hadn't met yet were killed before we took down the dragon. I am wondering whether I should reload.

Gandie

Otheradam said:
How do you furnish your house? I just bought the whiterun place and it has nothing in it!

Talk to the dude in the castle again

Has anyone discovered the
dwarven city yet?
How do I get there?

BlisterBrown

Neo Member
How in the hell are you guys downing these dragons so easily? I'm fighting my first one outside of the main story line and I can barely scratch the thing. Just flies over me while I'm trying to shoot him with my bow and pwns me with what I assume is a frost breath :(

Chris R

Just had a hard freeze on my 360 :( Just hope I didn't lose too much progress. I've been hard saving pretty frequently but only in dungeons or during a quest.

It was just as I was entering Winterhold.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So when I get home, plans are to head back to Illnata's Keep with my new shout for some revenge, then trek to Windhelm and join the ranks of the Dark Brotherhood. Gonna make my name with those guys before getting any farther in the main story.

Coins

Banned
This game blows.

In real life, I'd like to kill dragons. I can't, however, as dragons aren't real. My real life consists of working, getting better at my job, cleaning, behaving, making money, etc.

So I'm like, he'll yeah I can buy Skyrim and kill dragons.

Then I also get to cook, clean, behave, get better at my jobs, make money, keep track of a horse, fix up a house, etc.

:)

Loxley

Otheradam said:

Remember the guy inside Dragonsbreach in the blue-ish tunic who you bought the house from? The steward? If you go back to him, he sells you different "packages" for each part of your house (the kitchen, alchemy lab, bedroom, etc.). They range from 200 to 500 gold a piece.

Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be a ton of customization when it comes to the houses, when you buy the packages, (I assume) the furniture is placed the same way for every player.

Volimar

Anyone streaming? I'm jonesing for some content. And if no streams, does anyone know of any youtube vids of things other than bugs or stealing with baskets?

NBtoaster

It seems my doggy can only die when I give the killing blow (accidentally).

I found another dog in the hot springs area, thought I could have another pet. But he attacked me when I turned my back :(

Having a blast with the game, but a weird issue is coming up. I cannot seem to figure out how to rename enchanted items successfully; I press the button to enter a name, enter the name I want, and complete the enchantment, but the item always ends up keeping it's base name. This is on PC. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom