• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jibbed

whalleywhat said:
My Lydia died. Like, dead. She's not back at my place. Is that normal? :(

Mine died too :( she's gone bro... she's gone.

I picked up some random mercenary as her replacement, but it's just not the same.

Lydia
kind of gets on my nerves and could use some story or something(anyone know if she has any quests or anything?), BUT we was cruising around the tundra together and found a cave near a waterfall east of Whiterun. I thought 'Hmm, wonder what's inside?' then she said that. We went inside and it looked like
some trolls setup up a nice living room for themselves only for some humans to come in hammered and trash the place, so the trolls impaled their bodies on makeshift carved palisades
. I thought 'I've got a bad feeling about this,' then
Lydia
SAID THAT. What the fuck lady, though mind-reading sentient AI was 5 years off at least.

Jibbed said:
Mine died too :( she's gone bro... she's gone.

I picked up some random mercenary as her replacement, but it's just not the same.
I was psyched when I came home the first time she was waiting there. She was like "You're so awesome Thane."

cbox

Man this game is gorgeous, that arrow's been in my foot for about an hour now...

FyDbZ.jpg

styl3s

So something odd happened earlier, don't know if it's a glitch or what but at the
magic school place in the snow, as im running across the bridge thing a dragon came out, no big deal.. random encounter right? i kill it, loot it and get the soul and go on about my business and about 20 minutes later i go back to the town right next to the bridge where the dead body was but somehow the dead body was hanging over a building which it still is and im like wtf? so i walk up to it and another dragon comes out of nowhere so i kill it and now 2 bodies are there and now whenever i walk around those bodies a dragon comes out of no where

glitch? most isn't spoilers i just didn't want to spoil a location i suppose.. just odd.. i guess i could exploit the shit out of it but what's the point

Darkman M

Antagon said:
The difference between console and pc isn't all that big actually.

Im playing on Ultra with fxaa @ 1080p with rock solid frame rate, there is a big difference and it will only get bigger as mods get going.

styl3s

Ken said:
How do you pick up and move items on the PC (like in the how to steal in Skyrim video)?
hold down E or whatever pick up button you have it bound to.

make sure to press and hold down so you dont steal it, once you do it you can let go of the button.

benzy

vitaminwateryum said:
http://i.imgur.com/XvzNc.jpg

Went to Dawnstar and the city randomly got attacked by two dragons at once. Awesome.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/4hkx5.jpg

And my guy looks like a BAMF.[/QUOTE]

What armor/helmet is this!?

coopolon

How does training work? When I've asked someone to train me it says "0 of # levels trained in this skill" or something. Is there a limit on how many times you can train one skill? I thought there was so I've been saving my trainings until high levels where getting legit level up will be a pain in the ass.

Plasma

Banned
NBtoaster said:
I lost my dog :(

Told him to wait in High Hrothgar and now he isn't there, and doesn't arrive when I fast travel. I could go back to where I found him, but I dont know where exactly that was (somewhere in the plains).

5znRw.jpg

He is waiting for you somewhere.

So what's not satisfying about the combat? I'm going to pick this up tomorrow and from what I've seen in videos the combat seems to be about par for the course RPG-wise.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
nicoga3000 said:
Blah - I don't want to abuse the fact that I'm playing on PC for the carry weight console command. It's so rough when you go delving like this and you come out with SO much awesome. Is there a way to increase this besides investing points into the Sneak tree?

Also, how do I upgrade my house in Whiterun for more storage containers? I want to be able to sort my stuff better.

This topic moves SO fast. Anyone able to help with my questions?

Chiggs

Gold Member
Blackface said:
There is noway a human being with eye's, who is playing on PC at high or ultra-high can say this. The game is one of the best looking games ever made.

Uh, no.

I'm playing on a pretty good pc (Radeon 6970/Core i5) and to even suggest that this is one of the best-looking games ever made is absurd. It doesn't even touch the visuals that The Witcher 2, Crysis 2 (especially with the DX11 stuff) and Battlefield 3 deliver.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Zhaanie said:
FUCK YES, I'M NOT A VAMPIRE ANYMORE!

God that was an awful experience, never again. :lol

How did you cure that?

thebeeks

Banned
PumpkinPie said:
Anyone else get in trouble for using the Shout around town? :(

I did. The guard said I was making people nervous with all my shouting.

lastplayed said:
No, but using it in town once got me a letter from a "friend" wanting me to train more.

Wait, that courier doesn't show up for everybody? Awesome.

djm

nicoga3000 said:
This topic moves SO fast. Anyone able to help with my questions?
Did you talk to the guy in Dragonsreach (forget his name, he's the assistant to the Jarl) about decorating your house? I fully upgraded mine and it added about 4 or 5 extra containers such as dressers and end tables. Not ideal for efficient storage, but if you're on PC I'm sure that will be modded in pretty quickly once they release the toolset.

vitaminwateryum said:
17. Finally getting to do the Companions after the Farkas glitch seemed to fix itself.

It's the
Nightingale
set from the
Thieves Guild
quest line.

Well, I know what I'm going to do next. ^^

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
HawksWinStanley said:
So what's not satisfying about the combat? I'm going to pick this up tomorrow and from what I've seen in videos the combat seems to be about par for the course RPG-wise.
I find it very satisfying, especially compared to Oblivion, and bearing in mind that it will always be several significant notches below Dark Souls.

eravulgaris said:
Well, I know what I'm going to do next. ^^
Fuck yeah... now I'm not sure if want to do that or the Dark Brotherhood first. Reaaallllly need to get rid of my crap armor.

bengraven

I think my first mod will be "all companions essential".

I'm not too worried about random people dying, but named companions worries me because I get close to them......

....no, I'm lying, I just have them so full of loot that I can't leave their bodies for fear of them despawning while I go to town and clear my own inventory.

mxgt

Banned
coopolon said:
How does training work? When I've asked someone to train me it says "0 of # levels trained in this skill" or something. Is there a limit on how many times you can train one skill? I thought there was so I've been saving my trainings until high levels where getting legit level up will be a pain in the ass.

You can train 5 levels in skills per level. So you can buy 5 ranks of destruction but then you can't buy any more in that or other skills until you level again.

The prices increase the higher your skill too.

cory021

Neo Member
Cheska said:
Are most of you playing in TPS or FPS mode?
I'm trying to play most of it in third person. Combat is still kind of awkward, so I resort to going to first person during the battle, then I switch back to third person.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Antagon said:
The difference between console and pc isn't all that big actually.

Again, it's not big if you're just watching YouTube videos of the game at 360p.

Image quality is a very important thing when it comes to overall visuals. Just go into Dolphin thread to see people gawking at HD Wii games, which look absolutely incredible despite their low texture resolution and low-polygon counts.

Yo Gotti

Banned
Do we know if it's safe to store stuff in random houses?

I just did a quest where I killed everyone in
Black-Briar Lodge
and I'm thinking about making this place my first house, is it safe to just throw things on the ground an in the containers here?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So... I was in this dwarven dungeon for 2 hours... it was fucking impressive. And to think that they're not gonna repeat the same dungeons... blows my mind... also getting really tired. That's my 17th hour in a row...

Havok

Yoshichan said:
So... I was in this dwarven dungeon for 2 hours... it was fucking impressive.
I had the exact same experience, just stumbled onto it randomly. Then got to the end and found out I didn't have some item to get the big reward (at least I hope there was a reward). Hooray!

bounchfx

20 hours in, level 16, just fucking manslaughtered
the eastwatch keep with the ass holes keeping the grey-mane dude there. I couldn't figure out how to make them give me the guy, so I went full on warfare against them. Push Shout + ledges = 5 people dead at once

I have 7 unspent perks though.. I have no clue what I want to put them in. I want everything. I feel bad not being able to do lockpicking or pickpocketing/sneaking any good... that's for my next character, I suppose. It's too hard to choose..

Also, this game rules.

mr. puppy

Banned
is there some way to be a chest maker in this game. chests are everywhere. somebody has to make them. i'm sure there is some crazy fucking black market of chest making that has zombies buying chests so they can store their ogre armor in them.

the point is, lemme be a class where i can run the chest black market for storing items. then i'll add locks to a few of them and also sell the picks to those locks on the side. i can make a fortune.

hell even dragons need chests to store their shit in too. after apocalypse time, they'll keep me around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom