• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.
robotrock said:
I think this may be a bug. This is unrelated to the main quest.

Alright, so I have been spending the last couple of hours trying to get rid of this vampire disease. My friend tells me to go see this viking statue west of Winterhold. I see it, and then I activate the Shrine of Talos, and then it says "All diseases cured." I still have vampire powers though, and I am still noticed as a vampire in villages. So I think it may have bugged out? Any help?
Its not bugged. You cannot cure it that way.
go talk to an innkeeper when youve become a vampire. A quest will start and itll explain where to go

Anno

Gonaria said:
Stop trying to entice me to buy this game!

I'm trying to be a smart consumer and wait for the eventual price drop. Or even better, when the price drop on the eventual GOTY edition, but you guys are making it so hard.

I told myself the same thing, but ultimately I caved. I figure I'll put enough hours into the game that it'll be worth every dollar. Besides, so few of these type of games are made that I want to do what I can to support them.

balddemon

Banned
advice time.

should i make leather armor and then enchant it? i'm using some stupid robes right now because they give 50% faster magicka regen and some extra magicka points. but i want some more armor. or are there ways to make robes?

todahawk

Anno said:
I told myself the same thing, but ultimately I caved. I figure I'll put enough hours into the game that it'll be worth every dollar. Besides, so few of these type of games are made that I want to do what I can to support them.

Stop with that kind of talk I really don't want to cave either... I have such a huge backlog.

abundant

Meier said:
Should I keep both the dragon scales and the bones? Can I sell one of them? So heavy but I don't want to risk putting em down til I get my house..
Sell them. They're only useful when forged into a dragonplate armor and even then all you'll need is 12 dragon scales and 6 dragon bones to create the whole set + shield.

robotrock

Banned
DevelopmentArrested said:
Its not bugged. You cannot cure it that way.
go talk to an innkeeper when youve become a vampire. A quest will start and itll explain where to go

Alright, thanks. I'll try this. I think I need to feed as well, because villagers keep attacking me.

MrBig

Fought a dragon in a city. Pretty cool how it lands on houses
IqoPm.jpg

Where can I find a good house (not whiterun)?

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Can anyone give me tips on leveling up early in the game. I level 8 and I find im getting my ass kicked a little bit too much for my liking.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Gonaria said:
Stop trying to entice me to buy this game!

I'm trying to be a smart consumer and wait for the eventual price drop. Or even better, when the price drop on the eventual GOTY edition, but you guys are making it so hard.

While there are plenty of other great games to be played right now, you should probably be playing Skyrim.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Zefah said:
While there are plenty of other great games to be played right now, you should probably be playing Skyrim.

Pretty much. Wait and save some money, but it could be a year and a half before a GOTY edition comes out. Do you really want to wait that long? Plus, I'm getting the impression that it offers a lot of bang for your buck - I've already played almost 20 hours and I'm barely getting started.

Cutwolf

I said, people of gas, find me whimsy! Where is the item that duplicates your target? Where is the aoe rage spell? Why did Bethesda remove the whimsy?!

Yo Gotti

Banned
Gr1mLock said:
Can anyone give me tips on leveling up early in the game. I level 8 and I find im getting my ass kicked a little bit too much for my liking.

Go for damage output, ex. The starting perks for 1 Handed and 2 Handed that boost damage are worth it, so are the armor perks if you're an armor user. Boosting health and stamina matter but don't seem to matter as much as good offense and defense stats from what I've played.

Besides that, you're going to get your ass kicked in this game. If you play smart, learn to retreat so you can heal/replenish magic, change weapons etc, you can tackle pretty much any enemy at (almost) any level. Provided you aren't outnumbered.

Enchanted gear can be a lifesaver too, I have some boots that boost my Stamina by 30 points, and a hat and hood that boost my magic regen to 100%, those have saved my ass quite a few times.

Meier

abundant said:
Sell them. They're only useful when forged into a dragonplate armor and even then all you'll need is 12 dragon scales and 6 dragon bones to create the whole set + shield.
Cool, thanks for the advice. :)

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Yo Gotti said:
Go for damage output, ex. The starting perks for 1 Handed and 2 Handed that boost damage are worth it, so are the armor perks if you're an armor user. Boosting health and stamina matter but don't seem to matter as much as good offense and defense stats from what I've played.

Besides that, you're going to get your ass kicked in this game. If you play smart, learn to retreat so you can heal/replenish magic, change weapons etc, you can tackle pretty much any enemy at (almost) any level. Provided you aren't outnumbered.

Enchanted gear can be a lifesaver too, I have some boots that boost my Stamina by 30 points, and a hat and hood that boost my magic regen to 100%, those have saved my ass quite a few times.

Im just having issues with being outnumbered and not being able to pull single enemies out. Thanks for the advice though.

gotee12

Man it's so awesome when you throw an offensive spell (fire/lightning/etc) at the same time the enemy does. Once the attacks meet in the middle, it's all "who got the bigger mana, fool??!" I get so hyped up I even start staring the dude down.

I forget sometimes that this is still just a video game :D

Hyphen

FrenchMovieTheme said:
How do i buy a house in whiterun? :(

The guards will say that you should talk to the steward (Proventus Avenicci) "up in the keep". But the house will not be available to buy until you complete the 'Dragonstone' quest.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone know how to take in-game screenshots on the PC version? I am using FRAPS, but the screenshot function is totally unreliable. I think FRAPS starts to fail if I alt+tab or something.

Any suggestions?

Tendo

What is the benefit in specializing in heavy armor over light armor? I want to wield weapons and magic so i'm leveling one handed and destruction with conjuration as well. What armor type best suits that? I want to think heavy armor has a magic penalty? Maybe I am making that up...

Koomaster

whalleywhat said:
My Lydia died. Like, dead. She's not back at my place. Is that normal? :(
Yep, mine died too. We got ambushed by a dragon out in the middle of the woods; she fought bravely but the dragon fire was too harsh for her. I avenged her death at least. But then I had to lug ~650lbs of all our loot all the way back to town. ~____~

squidyj

mr. puppy said:
is there some way to be a chest maker in this game. chests are everywhere. somebody has to make them. i'm sure there is some crazy fucking black market of chest making that has zombies buying chests so they can store their ogre armor in them.

the point is, lemme be a class where i can run the chest black market for storing items. then i'll add locks to a few of them and also sell the picks to those locks on the side. i can make a fortune.

hell even dragons need chests to store their shit in too. after apocalypse time, they'll keep me around.

Then you offer delivery service on your chests and make treasure maps for all your chests that you also sell. GENIUS.

TheExodu5

Banned
Yo Gotti said:
I didn't buy it, but I did get it from completing a quest.

East of Ivarstead, Southwest of Mistwatch and West of Riften, there's a dungeon called Treva's Watch, just to the East of that Dungeon there's a camp of Mercenaries, talk to one of them who will give you a quest to infiltrate Treva's Watch, complete the quest and he'll give you the Detect Life Spell

Ahh yeah that's where I got it!

Luthos

Without spoiling, can someone tell me if you can get every level of every shout in one playthrough? Basically, will there be enough (or infinite) dragons to get enough souls to get every shout to level 3?

I ask because I'm getting some neat sounding shouts, but if I have to limit the shouts I get, then I don't want to activate some of these.

Piecake

Anno said:

Dont say that!

Be Strong. Resist temptation and be strong.

Oblivion and Fallout 3 were two of the ugliest and most boring games I've ever played. Needless to say I was more than a little skeptical about Skyrim. Watched my friend play it on the 360 for about 30mins before I went out and bought my copy. I have now clocked 16 hours into the game between two characters and even this early in the game I feel confident in saying that, along with Dark Souls, this is one of the best looking, most fun and in-depth games I've played in a long time.

My first character was going to be kind of like a gladiator from the FFTA games where they have elemental swords and whatnot. So naturally I went with enchanting and set the difficulty to master. Big mistake, I played that char for 12 hours and died a -lot- because of how gimped I was. But even so, those were some addicting and fun 12 hours. I started a new character earlier today (a spellsword) and he's 50x more useful and the game is even more fun this time around even though I'm doing some of the same quests from my first char.

Cons: Holy shit bugs. Thankfully there have been no game breaking bugs (so far), and no crashes or anything like that but good god. I've seen birds stuck through a tree which caused its sound file to loop infinitely at a rapid speed, I've had an arrow bugged in my head for hours before it disappeared, there was one quest in Windhelm which required me to quickload like 20 times before it finally worked, etc.

I mean I understand it's a huge game and bugs are bound to happen but man.. I hope nothing worse comes along later in the game.

Still I am loving this game. Will be hard to find time to play other games when I already got Dark Souls and Skyrim to play!

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
lowhighkang_LHK said:
The game's Adept (normal mode) is well balanced. Certainly a lot more challenging than Oblivion's brain dead settings.

Hmm. Its not so much the difficulty. Maybe i should rephrase my question. What would be the ideal scenario for progression early on in the game. Ive taken on a few side quests and theyre kind of a mixed bag. Some ive breezed through without breaking a sweat, a few others i just cant get passed being swarmed by two casters and three dudes swinging axes. Would playing the main quest be a good way to get over the initial hurdle?

mileS

Killed my first dragon, level 13 now. Quick question about the bones and scales. I don't have enough gold to buy a home yet and I don't have much room left to carry these around so I'm guessing I should sell them? Is it possible to give them to Lydia to hold on to if you don't own a home yet?

robotrock

Banned
minorish spoilers

Any tips on vampire feeding? Like, areas easy to feed in with barely much chance getting caught sneaking around

Deadbeat

Banned
I went to Dead Men's Respite.

Long story short, if you cant grab
the book , whack it with a melee weapon until it pops loose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom