• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
bengraven said:
Hey, does anyone want to get married?

http://www.gamefront.com/skyrim-marriage-guide/

And here's everyone you can marry:

Female

Camilla Valerius – Imperial, found in Riverwood.

Happened to get the 'yes' from the person I asked. Lucky for me I had already done a quest for her as well as bought that amulet so people know I am available. That is who my female character is going to marry. Yes, I am going to have a lesbian wedding in Skyrim. :D

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
I love this game. Really, that's all I can say. Love it.

Loxley

MrBig said:
The house at Markath has an abundance of book space for those looking for that.

House is 8000, the living room furnishings were 1000. Simple bandit killings were all it took to make it available from the steward.

Kick-ass :D

cackhyena said:
Can you get vampirism again? If so, do you have to do all that shit over?

I just went to the shrine of Kynerath in Whiterun and cured myself there, although I had Sanguine something or other and not quite full-blown vampirism.

Yo Gotti

Banned
Asked this a few pages back, would anyone know the answer?

Yo Gotti said:
Do we know if it's safe to store stuff in random houses?

I just did a quest where I killed everyone in
Black-Briar Lodge
and I'm thinking about making this place my first house, is it safe to just throw things on the ground an in the containers here?

styl3s

ugh i am about fed up with this game, no matter what i do i cant beat these stupid fucking casters in any of these quest and yes i have that spell that reduces/blocks magic but i dont have a ton of mana.

how at level 12 with insanely high level of armor do i die so fast by them? literally 2-3 hits and im a goner.

epmode

Forkball said:
So are the PC controls really that bad? I heard that the UI was pretty much based around the controller.
It's not great but it's still better than vanilla Oblivion and Fallout 3.

Even though the UI is very much designed around a controller, I think I prefer it on a keyboard just because of the hotkeys. Constantly going to the quick menu whenever I wanted to change a spell (ie. ALL THE TIME) was annoying with a 360 pad.

Also: I wound up enjoying the keyboard controls a lot more after switching the left and right mouse buttons so that left click activates the item/spell in your left hand.

Got up at 7am hungover and played the game all day. It's great.

bengraven said:

Female

Aela the Huntress – Nord, found in a farm outside Whiterun.
Aeri – Nord, found in the Pale, inside her house.
Anwen – Redguard, found in Markarth Temple.
Avrusa Sarethi – Dark Elf, found in the Sarethi farm in the Rift.
Borgahk the Steel Heart – Orc, found in Mor Khazgur.
Brelyna Maryon – Dark Elf, found in the College of Winterhold.
Dravynea the Stoneweaver – Dark Elf, found in Kyne’s Grove.
Ghorza gra-Bagol – Orc, found in Markarth.
Gilfre – Imperial, found in the Mixwater Mill in Eastmarch.
Grelka – Nord, found in Riften.
Iona – Nord, also found in Riften.
Jenassa – Dark Elf, found in the Drunken Huntsman, in Whiterun.
Jordis the Sword-Maiden – Nord, found in Proudspire Manor, in Solitude.
Lydia – Nord, found in Dragonsreach, in Whiterun.
Mjoll the Lioness – Nord, found in her house, in Riften.
Muiri – Breton, found in The Hag’s Cure, in Markarth.
Njada Stonearm – Nord, found in the Companion’s Faction House, in Whiterun.
Orla – Nord, found in the Temple of Dibella, in Markarth.
Ria – Imperial, found in the Companion’s Faction House, in Whiterun.
Senna – Imperial, found in the Temple of Dibella, in Markarth.
Shahvee – Argonian, found outside Windhelm.
Sylgja – Nord, found in Shor’s Stone.
Taarie – High Elf, found in Solitude.
Temba Wide-Arm – Nord, found in Ivarstead.
Uthgerd – Nord, found in her house, in Whiterun.
Viola Giordano – Imperial, found in Windhelm, in Eastmarch.
Ysolda – Nord, found in Whiterun. (that's my girl, don't touch)

I'm pissed you can't marry
Lisette
she's the hottest.

mxgt

Banned
Now level 16 and the side quests/misc objectives just keep on piling up and i've barely touched the main quest, I love it

Cutwolf

So what are these random "towers" with 4 cages doors and a lever on the inside that I can't figure out how to get to? I find them all over, but don't know what to do.

pakkit

Banned
So I bought a horse for 1000 gold, rode it for about 5 minutes, got attacked by a dragon, defeated said dragon....and now my horse is gone.

Did it die? Did it run away? Can I call it back? Did I just waste 1000 gold?

Ri'Orius

Okay, I've gotta be missing something: is there a "Character" page? Like, a page that'll tell me my current resistances, weapon damage, regeneration rates, etc.?

Switters said:
Ruminations on Dark Brotherhood missions:
The one where you snuff the bride? Well, I hit her with the staff of fury and watched her bodyguard fucking knife her down without blinking. My reward? The shade of Lucien LaChance now does my bidding. GOTMFF.
Keep the shade up all the time. He has about a billion lines of flavor text regarding your current location or your current Dark Brotherhood mission. It's sometimes annoying, but often entertaining to listen to him reference back to stuff from Oblivion.

Seanspeed

Banned
Count of Monte Sawed-Off said:
Got up at 7am hungover and played the game all day. It's great.
Exact same. Woke up around 8 hungover, drove home and then I had the longest single gaming session of my entire life.

I love bookcases! What a great idea. :)

Looking forward to getting up early tomorrow to play more.

pakkit said:
So I bought a horse for 1000 gold, rode it for about 5 minutes, got attacked by a dragon, defeated said dragon....and now my horse is gone.

Did it die? Did it run away? Can I call it back? Did I just waste 1000 gold?

Try fast travelling to a city, the horse might reappear at the stables.

Lucario

bengraven said:

I still haven't seen a list telling me how many of those guys are gay and into bestiality (I'm a Khajit.)

I want my same-sex cross-species marriage, damn it!

Also, amazingly stupid but hilarious AI boosted my level something like ten times in 15 minutes doing the following:

(insanely minor spoilers, but just to be safe.)
Start the Winterhold mage's college quests, go on the first quest with the old man (I forget his name, but he's an alteration master trainer, wait until you're alone with him and all the other trainees have cleared out. For some reason, his shop and training stay when he's on this quest with you! Ask him for training. Pickpocket the training money back. Repeat until your pickpocketing and alteration are absurdly high (I stopped at 70 & 50.)

Aside from bucketing people, this is my favorite way to level in the game. It's amazing how trainers don't notice that none of the ~20k gold they received in the past minute is on them anymore.

GhaleonEB

I'm enjoying just playing hopscotch with the minor quests. A chance run into a farm led me to deliver a letter to an inn (crummy tip, pops), which led me to sleeping in the inn's 'famous' bed of Tiber Septim. Now I'm running after the sword of a lonely old ghost haunting the place.

Fetch quests the lot, but some interesting fiction woven atop, and it's letting me get a lot of places marked for later visiting. I'm a mood to explore and quest and it's scratching both itches.

Need. Moar. Crack.

Bread

Banned
I was just talking to a person sitting on the ground on the way up to the grey beards or w/e, and I saw the shadow of a dragon fly overhead. It freaked me the fuck out!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So a big step in my assassin's career is going to be poisoning my daggers and arrows. Does anyone have a primer on how to do this and what I need to get started?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Well that's enough day 1 Skyrim for me... I'd say 19 hours is fair enough for now ._.

I really want to progress through the first main mission so that I can start seeing dragons roam... because running around the world is actually getting a tad boring now :(

G'night sweet Skyrim

edit: Oh and I found the trolls... as a caster, they were a joke!

Evlar

Banned
I just rented it from Redbox to see whether it was closer to Oblivion (blech) or Morrowind (incredible), and to see whether it would run well enough on the PS3.

Yeah, whoa, I'm getting sucked in. I think this is another Morrowind, for me anyway.

Yoshichan said:
Well that's enough day 1 Skyrim for me... I'd say 19 hours is fair enough for now ._.

I really want to progress through the first main mission so that I can start seeing dragons roam... because running around the world is actually getting a tad boring now :(

G'night sweet Skyrim

edit: Oh and I found the trolls... as a caster, they were a joke!
Im nowhere ito the main story line and still see dragons all the time

stupei

I was flying yesterday so didn't get to play much. Got about 10 1/2 hours in at this point and wow, I'm loving it. I didn't actually enjoy Oblivion at all so I was nervous, but this game feels improved in every single way.

It's actually been driving me a bit nuts because my best friend who I usually talk gaming with is trying to save up cash after the recent spending spree so she's forbidden me from talking about anything that's happening in my game of Skyrim. So hard to not just be like, "A DRAGON FLEW OVER ME... CORRECTION, A DRAGON IS LANDING ON ME" constantly.

Gen X said:
Happened to get the 'yes' from the person I asked. Lucky for me I had already done a quest for her as well as bought that amulet so people know I am available. That is who my female character is going to marry. Yes, I am going to have a lesbian wedding in Skyrim. :D

Was just about to ask if this is possible. Cool. I'm really into
Aela
so far.

But I suppose first I have to make it to
Riften
. Is that a spot you hit along the main quest line by any chance? Would give me a good excuse to get back to that...

Zeliard said:
You generally make less noise and dodge more effectively. Light armor also uses up less stamina, along with of course weighing less. There are useful perks in both the light and heavy armor trees that make them significantly better. I'm mostly going Mage gear though.

Stolen horses will trot off if you leave them alone for too long.
Thanks!

Fjordson

Still messing around near Whiterun. Decided to join up with the Companions and do some of their quests. Haven't even touched any other side stuff in the city.

Soo much to do.

Anteater said:
Any tips for a dual wielded uhh person? (don't know what "class" I want to be, but i just want to dual wield!), reason I'm asking is that I have a feeling that I might suffer from the lack of defense (using light armor), I thought about using archery but it seems that when they come after me I'd have to switch back to swords.

And I'm sure I might have trouble fighting something that has high damage if I'm to run straight up and poke it with 2 swords.
I'm absolutely wrecking shit dual-wielding axes and opening up fights with archery. Great combo.

I'm wearing heavy armor to make up for the lack of defense, though. Might be a bit vulnerable with just light.

joesmokey

Finally made it to the College of Winterhold today. Stuff can't get stolen out of my dresser in the mage quarters, can it? Putting all my crap in there finally.

Pollux

bengraven said:

Female

Aela the Huntress – Nord, found in a farm outside Whiterun.
Aeri – Nord, found in the Pale, inside her house.
Anwen – Redguard, found in Markarth Temple.
Avrusa Sarethi – Dark Elf, found in the Sarethi farm in the Rift.
Borgahk the Steel Heart – Orc, found in Mor Khazgur.
Brelyna Maryon – Dark Elf, found in the College of Winterhold.
Dravynea the Stoneweaver – Dark Elf, found in Kyne’s Grove.
Ghorza gra-Bagol – Orc, found in Markarth.
Gilfre – Imperial, found in the Mixwater Mill in Eastmarch.
Grelka – Nord, found in Riften.
Iona – Nord, also found in Riften.
Jenassa – Dark Elf, found in the Drunken Huntsman, in Whiterun.
Jordis the Sword-Maiden – Nord, found in Proudspire Manor, in Solitude.
Lydia – Nord, found in Dragonsreach, in Whiterun.
Mjoll the Lioness – Nord, found in her house, in Riften.
Muiri – Breton, found in The Hag’s Cure, in Markarth.
Njada Stonearm – Nord, found in the Companion’s Faction House, in Whiterun.
Orla – Nord, found in the Temple of Dibella, in Markarth.
Ria – Imperial, found in the Companion’s Faction House, in Whiterun.
Senna – Imperial, found in the Temple of Dibella, in Markarth.
Shahvee – Argonian, found outside Windhelm.
Sylgja – Nord, found in Shor’s Stone.
Taarie – High Elf, found in Solitude.
Temba Wide-Arm – Nord, found in Ivarstead.
Uthgerd – Nord, found in her house, in Whiterun.
Viola Giordano – Imperial, found in Windhelm, in Eastmarch.
Ysolda – Nord, found in Whiterun. (that's my girl, don't touch)

Male

Ainethach – Breton, found in Karthwasten Hall, in Karthwasten.
Angrenor Once-Honored – Nord, found in Candlehearth Hall, in Windhelm.
Argis the Bulwark – Nord, found in Vlindrel Hall, in Markarth.
Athis – Dark Elf, found in the Jorrvaskr Living Quarters, in Whiterun.
Balimund – Nord, found in The Scorched Hammer, in Riften.
Belrand – Nord, found in The Winking Skeever, in Solitude.
Benor – Nord, found in Morthal.
Calder – Nord, found in Hjerim, in Windhelm.
Cosnach – Breton, found in The Warrens, in Markarth.
Derkeethus – Argonian, found in Darkwater Pass.
Erik the Slayer – Nord, found in Frostfruit Inn, in Rorikstead.
Farkas – Nord, found in the Brill and Vignar, in Whiterun.
Filnjar – Nord, found in his house, in Shor’s Stone.
Gat gro-Shargakh – Orc, found in Pavo’s House, in Kolskeggr Mine.
Ghorbash the Iron Hand – Orc, found in Burguk’s Longhouse, in Dushnikh Yal.
Marcurio – Imperial, found in Riften.
Moth gro-Bagol – Orc, found in Understone Keep, in Markarth.
Octieve San – Breton, found in Solitude.
Omluag – Breton, found in The Warrens, in Markarth.
Onmund – Nord, found in The Hall of Attainment, in the College of Winterhold.
Pavo Attius – Imperial, found in his house, in Kolskeggr Mine.
Perth – Breton, found in the Miner’s House, in Soljund’s Sinkhole.
Quintus Navale – Imperial, found in White Phial Services, in Windhelm.
Revyn Sadri – Dark Elf, found in Sadri’s Used Wares, in Windhelm.
Roggi Knot-Beard – Nord, found in Steamscorch Mine, in Kyne’s Grove.
Romlyn Dreth – Dark Elf, found in his house, in Riften.
Scouts-Many-Marshes – Argonian, found in the Argonian Assemblage, in Windhelm.
Sondas Drenim – Dark Elf, found in Goldenrock Mine, in Darkwater Crossing.
Sorex Vinius – Imperial, found in Solitude.
Stenvar – Nord, found in Windhelm.
Torvar – Nord, found in the Companion’s Faction House, in Whiterun.
Vilkas – Nord, also found in the Companion’s Faction House, in Whiterun.
Vorstag – Nord, found in Markarth.
Wilhelm – Nord, found in Ivarstead.

This needs to go in the OP because within the next 12 hours it will be buried under around another 10-20 pages of the thead.

Also....Umbra?

mlarine said:
So I just got a new dragon shout and then I killed a dragon but I cant use the shout, whats up with that?

Same happened to me. I figured it was because I tricked some super-alchemist into mostly killing the dragon for me (and the dragon did the same to it).

elwes

Hoooooooly shit. I just had the most insane, intense scenario happen.

So I'm near Whiterun, taking out a bandit camp with Lydia. I spot two lone mammoths. I have a quest to get a mammoth tusk for someone so I'm thinking "Sweet...two mammoths, no giants around, lets do this."

Let it be known that I'm level 5 and this was my first time attacking them.

I casted my projectile frost attack at one of them, only to be greeted with almost no health being taken off. I was already nervous attacking them and that didn't help at all. But I'm thinking "Hey, I'm no stranger to dicey encounters in the Elder Scrolls series...I got this."

I throw a few more magic attacks...the mammoth is just getting more pissed. At this point, it's friend has come over to play. Lydia is wading in and doing the best that she can, but there's really no hope in this scenario. It was at this point when I realized how bad the situation was.

I attacked them near the crest of a hill. What I didn't see was four more mammoths and two giants on the other side, making a mad dash toward the skirmish.

What ends up happening is that as I'm running away, other mammoths and a giant are flanking me, cutting off my retreat. Using the terrain in the area, I manage to weave through enough stone outcroppings to slow them down. There was, however, a solid three minutes of intense sprinting as the ground shook all around me and I knew that if I even turned around for a second, I was finished.

I ended up running all the way back to Whiterun. I wasn't sure what would happen to Lydia's trampled corpse if I left her out there, since I had a ton of items stored on her and didn't want to lose them. I figured that the giants and mammoths had deaggro'ed, I'd be fine. I went back to the area that I started the fight in...only to realize that now all giants and mammoths hate me, and started to run for my life again.

I manage to glance back in time to see Lydia! Holding off the onslaught for me. I also glanced back in time to see Lydia get club uppercutted about 400 feet into the sky and not come back down.

I run back to Whiterun again and resign myself to see what the AI companion will do if I abandon them. It was then that I noticed something weird sliding along the ground toward me. As it got closer, I saw that it was Lydia's body. She wasn't dead. She had apparently gotten hit so hard by the giant that it completely broke her character animation and she could now only slide from place to place.

Moral of the story: You can't take on a mammoth at level 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom