• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.

abuC

I've been trying to avoid reading this thread because I still have the Witcher 1 and 2 to play through, but these stories are amazing and are going to force my hand.

Is there any way for me to get to Esbern without
doing the ridiculous Thieves Guild quests
? Because it is really effing annoying if that is the sole way to reach him.

mlarine said:
So I just got a new dragon shout and then I killed a dragon but I cant use the shout, whats up with that?
Go to the shout in the magic menu, look at the bottom left and it will tell you which button is to use the souls for the shout. I think on the 360 it's X.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Fuck man, first dragon fight....I am shit, I have no archer skills!! Why can't I just two hand sword this asshole to death. :(

CSX

Played a few hours. Got to a quest where I had to investigate a village destroyed by a dragon attack.

THEN MY GPUS BLEW UP!!! :(

Going through RMA right now. One week without skyrim...life is so cruel.

Khezu

For all who like sissy weapons, there is a katana or "blade sword" in daphnees room, hanging on a weapon rack, at least it was there for me.

Clevinger

Man, these witches I found just kicked my ass hard. The first few went down easy, but this one far away was shooting these fireballs that were like mini-nukes. Shot my ass up into the sky when I died.

NBtoaster

SpeedingUptoStop said:
Fuck man, first dragon fight....I am shit, I have no archer skills!! Why can't I just two hand sword this asshole to death. :(

You can. It lands every so often. When it gets weak it stops flying altogether.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
NBtoaster said:
You can. It lands every so often. When it gets weak it stops flying altogether.
But the flames! They burn! And I am slow. :_(

I could give it a shot next time, but I fear failure is imminent.

Tieno

Wallach said:
They permanently teach you that spell. Scrolls are one-time use spells.
Stupid me, I've been saving them for later. Only level10 so it's not that much.

Lydia already got killed, by some blue frost lady/witch.

SpeedingUptoStop said:
But the flames! They burn! And I am slow. :_(

I could give it a shot next time, but I fear failure is imminent.

The key to low level dragon fights is using the environment. That and cheesing the fuck out of it if an opportunity presents itself. Also, once you power up your first shout you can use that to interrupt the dragons flame attacks

stupei

SpeedingUptoStop said:
Why do guards in Whiterun keep saying "hey, I know you"? Bounty on my head?

Could be, but have you done anything impressive or especially good? If you stick around they might say something about you being dragonborn or comment on a questline you've advanced in -- particularly if you've joined the Companions.

odin toelust said:
The key to low level dragon fights is using the environment. That and cheesing the fuck out of it if an opportunity presents itself. Also, once you power up your first shout you can use that to interrupt the dragons flame attacks

So the shouts level up through use like everything else? Didn't realize that.

stupei said:

No, they level up by learning new words, which you will find on various walls throughout the game. Skills level up by use.

edit: i shouldn't have said power up, activate would have been better word choice

Why is everyone saying I look sick? I've gone to bed. Been to temples. Is it some story thing? Or are they just saying i'm ugly because I'm a lizard? Or is it a story thing not yet revealed?

stupei said:
Could be, but have you done anything impressive or especially good? If you stick around they might say something about you being dragonborn or comment on a questline you've advanced in -- particularly if you've joined the Companions.

No the shouts level up when you learn more words concerning that shout.

SteveWinwood said:
Why is everyone saying I look sick? I've gone to bed. Been to temples. Is it some story thing? Or are they just saying i'm ugly because I'm a lizard? Or is it a story thing not yet revealed?

That question and answer is on this page (50 ftw) anywho, check your active effects for a disease or something. Go to a temple to cure.

edit: nvm. didn't read your post. sorry to bother you sir...

Tenck

Trying to go the Archer/Mage route. So tough when magika and petty soul gems wont do you much!!

The magika is so slow to get back. Maybe I'm just over thinking this and it's all in my head, since I also feel very tired :/

MrBig

mlarine said:
So I just got a new dragon shout and then I killed a dragon but I cant use the shout, whats up with that?

PotatoeMasher said:
Same happened to me. I figured it was because I tricked some super-alchemist into mostly killing the dragon for me (and the dragon did the same to it).
You have to press X (or equivalent) to unlock a learned shout after absorbing a dragon soul before it can be equipped.

bowery

MrBig said:
You have to press X (or equivalent) to unlock a learned shout after absorbing a dragon soul before it can be equipped.

Is there like an inventory for how many dragon souls you have? If a bandit lands the killing blow on a dragon do you still get the soul?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Forkball said:
So are the PC controls really that bad? I heard that the UI was pretty much based around the controller.

I think the PC mouse/keyboard controls are pretty great. It took me a couple of hours to get used to them, but they work really well within the context of the game.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
ok, here's a weird problem: my bluetooth keyboard will randomly disconnect playing this game. ONLY happens in this game, doesn't happen any other time. really stumped about what could be causing this.

mlarine said:
Is there like an inventory for how many dragon souls you have? If a bandit lands the killing blow on a dragon do you still get the soul?

A Woolly Mammoth killed a dragon for me and I still got the soul when I walked up to it and looted it.

My lvl 8 Dark Elf Mage/Assassin named Meatpickle really enjoys being a morally ambiguous guy.

I mean, his name is fuckin' Meatpickle. He's got a lot on his mind.

BeeDog

I'm not liking the fact that a mammoth, a giant or especially a fucking Wispmother are much, much harder than a goddamn dragon.

sixghost

Couple questions

Has anyone else gotten a glitch when trying to cast a Bound X spell, or taking out a bow where the character doesn't actually equip the weapon? It seems like you're permanently stuck like this, as I couldn't switch to any spells or weapons. It happened at least 6-7 times in the
Mzith? ruins part of the Mage College quest line
. It seems like it was just something limited to that area though, as it hasn't happened since.

Also, I ran into a weird glitch after I bought the Iron Skin spell, I pressed A to learn the spell, but the book disappeared and the spell was nowhere to be found in my spell list. The mage that I bought it from no longer has the spell, any suggestions as to where I can buy that spell again? It's pretty important to my build.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Off with his head!

tesv2011-11-1222-30-0u7bfr.png

Relaxing at home after a day of adventuring.

tesv2011-11-1223-03-5yraqb.png

BeeDog said:
I'm not liking the fact that a mammoth, a giant or especially a fucking Wispmother are much, much harder than a goddamn dragon.

I'm sure someone will make a mod that gives dragons big buffs and nerfs the fucking giants and mammoths. Giants really are ridiculous though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom