• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wotan131

Neo Member
Really enjoying the game so far. I got a tip for mages like me: Get the revive zombie spell. I bought it I think early in the game. Anyway, I kill an enemy, then revive him with zombie and kill him again. I get double destruction skill and conjuration skill goes up fast as well. I'm gaining a level every 10 or so enemies I kill.

Anteater

What's the best way to level my smithing? Was reading wwm0nkey's post and thought maybe I should start now instead of later.

Or should I buy a house with my 6k...

wwm0nkey

Anteater said:
What's the best way to level my smithing? Was reading wwm0nkey's post and thought maybe I should start now instead of later.

Just think of the badass dragon armor you will get :p

Okay, I updated the OP's spoiler policy a bit. I'd appreciate it if you guys respected this:

UPDATE: To avoid any accidental highlighting, try and have an informative non-spoiled text. For instance, don't say this:

(Main Quest)
I can't believe we fight a dragon during the "Kill a Dragon" quest.

Instead, say it like this.

(Main Quest) I can't believe we fight a
dragon
during the "Kill a Dragon" quest.

If the quest name is particulary spoilerific, keep it under tags and try and describe it some other way.

oneils

Anteater said:

I have been making hide bracers with leather. They only require 2 leather strips and 1 piece of leather. Then, to get leather, you can go out hunting.

At first 1 hide bracer was enough to level up smithing. Now I am at 2 bracers per level (40 smithing).

Noaloha

Deadly said:
Is there some kind of black market vendor we meet that allows us to sell stolen items to?
There's at least one NPC fence in the game, yeah. Gotta find him though obviously. He hangs out with a likely crowd. You can also create NPC fences yourself once you're far enough into the Speech perks, selling stolen goods to any regular NPC vendor that you've previously invested 500g into.

derder

My biggest problem with the graphics is that the world geometry looks bad. Really, really bad. I don't think modders are going to be able to fix that :(

FHIZ

I'm honestly surprised how quick you can
become a werewolf
. It's a bit underwhelming, I have to admit, but it's nice to have it in your back pocket.

Just curious, can you become a
vampire werewolf?
because that'd be all sorts of ridiculous.

dragon fighting tips?

I went Nord with swords and archery, but arrows take goddamn forever, but is that the point? Like a SotC style fight that can take an hour? I can never get away from the dragon and they always fry me in a few hits.

should I try to learn some basic magic?

Guy LeDouche said:
dragon fighting tips?

I went Nord with swords and archery, but arrows take goddamn forever, but is that the point? Like a SotC style fight that can take an hour? I can never get away from the dragon and they always fry me in a few hits.

should I try to learn some basic magic?
Magic and shouts. If it's a fire-breathing dragon, use ice-based spells and shouts and vice versa.

Valygar

Valygar said:
Does anyone know where to find weapons that can trap souls into soul gems? I would kill for a bow / one hand weapon with that property.

I am almost sure I saw one like that in a trader, but I don't remember where. I need it as I'm roleplaying a non-magic user thief khajit. And my elemental weapons need to recharge :( .

Just the location is fine, or how to begin a quest if it's sidequest related.

Asking again, I do really need something like this :( . Otherwise, can I enchant a weapon with that spell without any perks on conjuration, or do I need to put some points there?

Valygar said:
Asking again, I do really need something like this :( . Otherwise, can I enchant a weapon with that spell without any perks on conjuration, or do I need to put some points there?
I learned the soul trap effect from somewhere and enchanted my Ebony Sword with it. It's stealing souls like there's no tomorrow. No skill in conjuration required.

Durante

Lydia just killed Onmund after he hit her during spell training. Then one of the senior mages came over and exclaimed "Oh, what hppened?".

I was in tears.

FHIZ

I love how the dragons will attack stuff randomly. I came across a random one fighting something, killed it, and afterwards looked around to see what it was fighting...

two frost spiders.

c'mon man. how is that a fair fight? how do you say "jerk" in dragon?

Baraka in the White House

2-Terms of Kombat
Damnit, I can't seem to settle on what race I want to be. Must have created three or four different ones and here I am thinking about doing it again. This is always the hardest part of an Elder Scrolls game for me.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
FHIZ said:
I love how the dragons will attack stuff randomly. I came across a random one fighting something, killed it, and afterwards looked around to see what it was fighting...

two frost spiders.

c'mon man. how is that a fair fight? how do you say "jerk" in dragon?

Jaku?

Rebel Leader said:
I think its a mix of both
There's two versions you can make, I think.

Didn't Beth boast that if one character died, e.g. a shopkeeper, a relative would take its place. Riverwood's smith has been dead for a few days now and his wife doesn't even acknowledge it, let alone offer stuff for sale.

QP3

FHIZ said:
Just curious, can you become a
vampire werewolf?
because that'd be all sorts of ridiculous.

I'm pretty sure that if you are a werewolf first, and then become a vampire, then you are no longer a werewolf, as becoming a vampire clears all previous affects.

Not sure about the other way around though, and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong!

Wanace

Can you still fight dragons and collect dragon souls/shouts after you complete the main quest?

I've decided to focus on doing the main quest since I never completed Oblivion after a hundred hours and didn't complete Morrowind until my 4th or 5th play.

Ledsen

Aurora said:
Calling all Stealth/Thief/Rogue players! How do these builds compare to Oblivion? Have the sneaking mechanics changed much? What sort of traits have you found success with?

Thanks.

It's a hundred times better than in Oblivion, mainly because they made bows actually do damage and the sneak perks are useful as fuck (up bow sneak/backstab damage etc).

Has anyone managed to get married yet? Ive got
the Mara necklace
but I need to find a chick thats willing and able to get down with a Khajiit. Im sure theyre few and far between.

Zhaanie

Banned
So I killed a dragon and received its soul, but for some reason it won't let me activate the disarm shout I got from some cave last night.

What am I doing wrong? T_T

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Zhaanie said:
So I killed a dragon and received its soul, but for some reason it won't let me activate the disarm shout I got from some cave last night.

What am I doing wrong? T_T

You have to press the unlock button, while scrolling through the shouts.. it will ask to confirm..

Lakitu

st5fu
I headed to
Orphan Rock. Had my first encounter with some witches and a hargraven.
Bitch was tough!

I'm rolling with Lydia, she comes in handy. I'm nearly done furnishing my house as well so that's one less thing to worry about. Nearly got all my loot from Riverwood as well.

One thing that bothers me is storage. My chest in my bedroom contains both weapons and apparel, but it doesn't let me narrow it down to either one if I'm looking for something. Even worse, is that nothing is stored alphabetically. I don't know why they changed that.

The art direction has been superb as usual, I went through Falkreath Hold and found a Stormcloak Camp. It started to snow heavily. Then I made my way up to Northern Skybound Watch during the blizzard. I was just blown away. The attention to detail is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom