• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.

DPsygnet

Guestion for those that did the curse of Hircine quest
So i went on and did the questline, sided with Sinding and killed the hunter, recieved the uncursed ring as a reward. Then i saw Sinding walking past me so i attacked and killed him. Hircine Reappeared and gave me the reward for killing him too. So now i have the ring and that sweet armor. .. and consequence in doing that ? Are we seeing Hircine and Sinding again ? will the werewolf guild hate me ?

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Ok, I'm 8 hours+ in and I have a question:

Where do you find ore to mine?! What does it look like? Do you have to have a pickaxe on you in order to mine it? I've been carrying around this pick-axe for hours now, and I've looked for ore out in the open in the mountains as well as in caves, but I must just be missing it somehow.

In other news... The Abandoned Prison is fucking creepy! Stumbled upon it last night late and had a creepy time.

ElyrionX

Raelson said:
Does anyone know where to get Adept level spells?

Spell tomes will spawn on the usual magic merchants (that guy in Dragonsreach is a good example) once you have attained sufficient rank in the school of magic. For example, I didn't begin seeing Adept level Destruction spells (Chain Lightning, Fireball, Ice Storm, etc) until I had about 40 points in that particular skill.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Two things:

Can somebody point me in the direction of this supposed dude who wants a mammoth tusk? I have two of them in my inventory from just raiding people's shit and you guys keep talking about having to kill a mammoth for this dude to get one. I wanna just give him mine and get that quest out of the way.

also, is there more light hearted quests? This game is fairly intense with spiders and skeever just coming out of nowhere in these dank ass dungeons. More shit where I just beat the piss out of somebody or intimidate something would be rad.

ElyrionX

Where's a good place to go after White Run?

And anyone tried the Imperial/Storm Rebellion quests yet? Not sure where I should go or which side I should choose.

Raelson

ElyrionX said:
Spell tomes will spawn on the usual magic merchants (that guy in Dragonsreach is a good example) once you have attained sufficient rank in the school of magic. For example, I didn't begin seeing Adept level Destruction spells (Chain Lightning, Fireball, Ice Storm, etc) until I had about 40 points in that particular skill.
Cool! I have 50 in destruction so that's no problem. Thanks.

ElyrionX

SpeedingUptoStop said:
also, is there more light hearted quests? This game is fairly intense with spiders and skeever just coming out of nowhere in these dank ass dungeons. More shit where I just beat the piss out of somebody or intimidate something would be rad.

I'm looking for this too. Every other goddamn quest I've been doing for the past few hours involves plundering the depths of some dungeon. The light-hearted ones last only a few minutes or so.

Shane86

Diseased Yak said:
Ok, I'm 8 hours+ in and I have a question:

Where do you find ore to mine?! What does it look like? Do you have to have a pickaxe on you in order to mine it? I've been carrying around this pick-axe for hours now, and I've looked for ore out in the open in the mountains as well as in caves, but I must just be missing it somehow.

In other news... The Abandoned Prison is fucking creepy! Stumbled upon it last night late and had a creepy time.
There are mines around, you just need a pickaxe and walk up to the part of the wall with the metal in it. You then use the smelter outside to turn the ore into ingots

Is there an NPC ID list out yet?

I killed a guy while he was teleporting away and his body disappeared, but I needed to loot him for a quest, so I want to try to respawn him and see if I can loot him then.

Raxus

Anyone know the best way to level alchemy quickly?

Same deal with enchanting. I need a way to earn and fill soul gems with larger souls then petty souls.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Shane86 said:
There are mines around, you just need a pickaxe and walk up to the part of the wall with the metal in it. You then use the smelter outside to turn the ore into ingots

Ahh ok so dedicated mines then, guess I just haven't run into any.

Game is freakin' HUGE.

ElyrionX

Angelus Errare said:
Attention

Jordis > Lydia. Jordis is so badass.

edit: Poster above me; join Thieve's Guild.

This hasn't even shown up on my quest log.

Maybe I should continue with my main quest though I'm a little tired of dungeon raiding at this point and
the horn of whatever for the Greybeards doesn't sound like it's going to be a quick and easy task.

Lakitu

st5fu
Just found two things in the Tundra:

I found a Dwarven Sword in a little pool while I was looking for Nirnroot. There were also bones and stuff in the water.

Before that though,
I ran into these two guys dancing around with mead in their underwear, quite clearly drunk. Then this third guy comes up to me and asks if I want to drink mead with them. I did.

ElyrionX said:
I'm looking for this too. Every other goddamn quest I've been doing for the past few hours involves plundering the depths of some dungeon. The light-hearted ones last only a few minutes or so.

I would suggest getting involved in a drinking contest with Sam at Candlehearth Hall in Windhelm. Hangover-esque antics ensue.

PONGSTAR

Banned
OMG, this game has me in submission. So much fun.

Anyway, I wasn't planning on being a thief but have decided to join the thieves guild.
I picked up a precious stone that wasn't marked "steal" and that opened up a quest to get an appraisal for it in Riften. After going there, I have to join the thieves guild to get the appraisal. Did some reading on the wiki and it seems that there is a lot of gold that can be found easily once you join so I'm going to just do it.

I suppose I should change the guardian stone to Thief while I do this?

RIP Meeko the Dog.
You were my trusty follower through 4 dungeons and two dragons.
The third was your unfortunate undoing.
You will be avenged, my friend.
Rest in Sovngarde's glory.

anddo0

Has anyone encounter a problem where they can't level up anymore?

I've been stuck at level 14 forever, the bar is 95% completed and hasn't moved in quite some time. I've killed the first dragon, completed other side quests and nothing. I'll continue to investigate, but this could be a game killing bug.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
TriangleOfCorruption said:
\
The Stormcloaks are nationalist, racist scum, but I can see the Imperials being even worse. Where's Yes Man when you need him?
The only part where I disagree with them is their racism towards non-Nords. In game I'm a Nord but I can imagine not wanting to side with them if you are another race. Despite it, though, I'm choosing the Stormcloaks. They've convinced me.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I've asked in the PC tech thread but does anyone want to try and help me with a banner? I was thinking of a nice oblivion pic that maybe can have some of the same type of text that's in the logo. Any takers, please PM me.

SpeedingUptoStop said:
Two things:

Can somebody point me in the direction of this supposed dude who wants a mammoth tusk? I have two of them in my inventory from just raiding people's shit and you guys keep talking about having to kill a mammoth for this dude to get one. I wanna just give him mine and get that quest out of the way.

There is a lady in whiterun (or whatever the jarls place is called) who walks around the city. She'll take it as part of a side quest.

Go to riften and join the thieves guild, they have pretty unique quests.

PONGSTAR

Banned
Piercedveil said:
I'm doing
the thieves guild quests, but I can't figure out how to sell stolen property.
Anyone know?
You can sell to a fence
(member of the thieves guild)
. There is one in
Riften

regs

ElyrionX said:
Is there ever a point of no return?

Nope,
you dont die etc if that's what you're asking. The Greybeards seem to disappear though :(

Also I want to add that even though I beat the main quest, I haven't even gone to the western part of the map yet lol

Samb

Neo Member
K2Valor said:
So who is everyone siding with? Stormcloaks or Imperials?
I'm only a few hours in, but Imperials
There's the more serious threat of the Aldmeri Dominion looming overhead, and letting a bunch of rebels take over so they can worship their favourite deity isn't really that great when if there's any level of weakness shown, it won't be long before the elves come marching in to ruin everything. Imperials = best chance at man ruling man.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Oh boy the game is like drifting through an old snowy painting, the controls are smooth also, i expected buggy glitchy controls like oblivion/fallout.

Really enjoying this game, any problems that il find i'l find a mod to sort it!

Darkkn

Why on earth doesn't other big publishers attempt to make these kinds of games? This game propably sold incredibly well, based on anecdotal evicende.

This game is sooo good, yet there is so much that other people could do differently or better in this genre.

fanboi

Banned
Darkkn said:
Why on earth doesn't other big publishers attempt to make these kinds of games? This game propably sold incredibly well, based on anecdotal evicende.

This game is sooo good, yet there is so much that other people could do differently or better in this genre.

Thing is to get a hype as the elder scrolls have.
Which is hard to get without an history.

Also cost shit ton of money and would be risky

anddo0 said:
Has anyone encounter a problem where they can't level up anymore?

I've been stuck at level 14 forever, the bar is 95% completed and hasn't moved in quite some time. I've killed the first dragon, completed other side quests and nothing. I'll continue to investigate, but this could be a game killing bug.

It might be that you're actually at 100% and need to level up in the menu. If this is the case, you'll do it and then find that all the XP since you reached the end of the previous level has been accumulated.

Arjen

You know, i hate stealth games, i don't buy games if they have a forced steatlh section.
But somehow, i'm playing a sneaking archer in this game, and i'm loving it. I tip my hat to you Bethesda, you did the impossible.

So this is how I looked for a good deal of time after I finished the Mage College quest line.

bIT0L.jpg

There was a bug when combining the mask and robes from the end of that quest line that persisted through loads and reboots of the system. I could remove one of the items and it would be fine but if I put it back on I went back to what you see in the image. Seems to have fixed itself now but I really want my invisible man powers back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom