• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ledsen said:
It's a hundred times better than in Oblivion, mainly because they made bows actually do damage and the sneak perks are useful as fuck (up bow sneak/backstab damage etc).
This. Going sneak/assassin build is the best choice I made. To the point where in subsequent playthroughs it will be tough ignoring it. Owning unsuspecting dudes throats wwith a dagger is great!

And using a bow, don't get me started at how good that feels. I really hope more assassination missions come about.

joesmokey

Finally got Arch-Mage status :D. Quest line was awesome, though maybe a tad short.

I think it's time to get some sleep for the *cough* night (PST here...).

QP3

INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
This. Going sneak/assassin build is the best choice I made. To the point where in subsequent playthroughs it will be tough ignoring it. Owning unsuspecting dudes throats wwith a dagger is great!

And using a bow, don't get me started at how good that feels. I really hope more assassination missions come about.

This is greatly why I chose to do a melee juggernaut on my first play through. I'm about 70% through the story, but I cannot wait to start my assassin character and focus on side questing/exploring. It's hard to not start him now, knowing how much fun it is going to be.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
JumpingTheGun said:
Has anyone managed to get married yet? Ive got
the Mara necklace
but I need to find a chick thats willing and able to get down with a Khajiit. Im sure theyre few and far between.
Race & Gender have no barring on marriage. Skyrim is truly a fantasy world. ^_^
except no polygamy or banging every chick you meet

Granted I'm not that far in, only about 3 or 4 hours, but I can't decide whether to go with light or heavy armor. On one hand, I like to tank, but on the other I like to sneak through dungeons as well. I guess I could sneak with heavy AR, but it doesn't do that task any favors. Though I did play that way in Oblivion without too much trouble. But Skyrim may be a different animal. I just hate to give up the extra AC from the Heavy armor.

GavinGT

Banned
DidntKnowJack said:
Granted I'm not that far in, only about 3 or 4 hours, but I can't decide whether to go with light or heavy armor. On one hand, I like to tank, but on the other I like to sneak through dungeons as well. I guess I could sneak with heavy AR, but it doesn't do that task any favors. Though I did play that way in Oblivion without too much trouble. But Skyrim may be a different animal. I just hate to give up the extra AC from the Heavy armor.

If Thieve's Guild is one of your first priorities, maybe go for light armor, since they hook you up on that front with decent stuff that increases carry capacity. If you just want to just straight murder dudes, maybe go heavy.

bengraven

This is a story from a couple days ago, but I wanted to tell it:

Finally went back to Helgan. Cleared the bandits in the ruins, then left out the back way. I'm assuming this is the way you would have gone if you chose Imperial.

I'm walking down the way and I see three canine shapes. I pull out my bow and pick off one on the right and suddenly I notice one of the canines is attacking the other. I wait and sure enough the creature dies and the other walks away, seemingly shivering. I walk up and it's a stray dog, growling at me and it killed two wolves!

I'm smiling at this and debating on putting the dog out of it's misery when I realize this might be a dog I can tame to be a companion.

The dog growls at me and I feel a loud "THUM" on the controller. I start looking around, wondering what's going on when I hear the ROAR and my body is encased in white light as I'm fired upon by my first gigantic ice dragon.

The roar nearly kills me and ends up killing the dog in one hit. I pull out my bow and the dragon flies up, circles a few times, then off into the sky.

Guess he just didn't like dogs.

edgefusion

Dice said:
Where did you buy it?

Just outside of Whiterun for 1,000 gold, nothing special. The dragon had the tiniest smidge of health left and happened to land next to my horse which sensed weakness and took its opportunity to strike.

bengraven

daviyoung said:
Any idea where I can buy a potion to cure Rockjoint? It's annoying me.

Just pray at a temple. There is one in Whiterun near that big dead tree.

It's free in this game. Find an altar and click on it. In fact, I think there's an altar outside next to the screaming religious nut.

Fought a dragon on a mountain top, I weakened it and it crashed into the ground, creating a large mound of dirt in front of where it drove into the ground. Probably scripted but still awesome, although it did bug so I had to reload and do it again, this time it didn't crash or create a crater.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
Okay so how do I get a map? I mean, each time I get to to a town; I keep getting lost. I have no idea how to go where I need to be.
Maybe I have missed it during the tutorial levels?

dewkl

Neo Member
Skeleton key.
Do I lose it if I return it to the sepulcher? if so, maybe it's better having unlimited lockpicks instead of whatever reward I get from returning it

QP3

Veidt said:
Okay so how do I get a map? I mean, each time I get to to a town; I keep getting lost. I have no idea how to go where I need to be.
Maybe I have missed it during the tutorial levels?

Open your world map (b then down) then press x (or square) for the local map.

Unity2012

bengraven said:
Finally went back to Helgan. Cleared the bandits in the ruins, then left out the back way. I'm assuming this is the way you would have gone if you chose Imperial.

I'm walking down the way and I see three canine shapes. I pull out my bow and pick off one on the right and suddenly I notice one of the canines is attacking the other. I wait and sure enough the creature dies and the other walks away, seemingly shivering. I walk up and it's a stray dog, growling at me and it killed two wolves!

I'm smiling at this and debating on putting the dog out of it's misery when I realize this might be a dog I can tame to be a companion.

The dog growls at me and I feel a loud "THUM" on the controller. I start looking around, wondering what's going on when I hear the ROAR and my body is encased in white light as I'm fired upon by my first gigantic ice dragon.

The roar nearly kills me and ends up killing the dog in one hit. I pull out my bow and the dragon flies up, circles a few times, then off into the sky.

Guess he just didn't like dogs.

Good stuff. This game does not cease to amaze.

coopolon

Damn this thread is moving so quickly. We should have like 3 threads for each platform and we all pick one to go to so we can keep track of one thread in our little group.

Guess I lost Lydia. She didn't die, but I lost her somewhere in a dungeon and she didn't appear with me next time I fast traveled.

Dries

Crap, I thought I could just plug in my charge and play cable thingie to use my xbox controller on my PC, but I seems that I need some special USB reciever.

Is there any other way to connect my 360 controller?

...so Im following a Gollum-like creature around who sounds and speaks just like Andy Serkis. Needing to hunt down some witch in a cave.....he said he'd give me a magic staff if I helped, but Im just not so sure about him. Im just slowly walking behind him sword drawn following his every move...

moojito

So, bookshelves - how do they work?!

I threw down the 5k for my house , go up to the bookshelf, press A to activate and nothing happens. I tried manually shoving a book in there, no dice. Am I missing something obvious here?

moojito said:
So, bookshelves - how do they work?!

I threw down the 5k for my house , go up to the bookshelf, press A to activate and nothing happens. I tried manually shoving a book in there, no dice. Am I missing something obvious here?
You store em in the shelf like you would any other container.

Kwixotik

Walk into Arcadia's Cauldron. "Maybe a big nord like you doesn't need any potions."

I'm a dark elf. Hahaha. That said, I'm pretty much living in Skyrim right now. I vacation back into the real world to eat and shower. Exam tomorrow though, so I guess I"m done for the day. I keep getting my ass kicked too. I dunno if I'm putting my perks in the wrong places, not being careful enough, or just suck.

owlbeak

dreamer3kx said:
Dont like my horse attacking, kind of dumb and he gets in the way.
I hate it. My horse ran into a guard tower east of Whiterun while I was attacking bandits and got stuck in there, and got me stuck in there by blocking the entrance. Then my horse shot through the ceiling and I walked outside to see him falling from the sky and he hit the ground and died.

Good riddance!

moojito

Blue Ninja said:
You store em in the shelf like you would any other container.

Meh, guess it's a bug, then. There's a chest right above the bookshelf which opens the storage menu just fine, but the bookshelf doesn't activate at all.

ElyrionX

I wish the game had more variety to its quests.

As it is, 95% of the quests involve retrieving something or killing someone that so conveniently resides at the end of a long winding cave/tower/keep. It gets tiring after a while.

bengraven

Kwixotik said:
Walk into Arcadia's Cauldron. "Maybe a big nord like you doesn't need any potions."

I'm a dark elf. Hahaha. That said, I'm pretty much living in Skyrim right now. I vacation back into the real world to eat and shower. Exam tomorrow though, so I guess I"m done for the day. I keep getting my ass kicked too. I dunno if I'm putting my perks in the wrong places, not being careful enough, or just suck.

DRock

has yet to tasted the golden nectar that is tag
Are hot-keys buggy? I'm trying to hotkey a 2h axe to one direction and a bow to the other, but after switching to the bow and then back to the axe the bow hotkey becomes unbound.

360 version.

Also noticed when installed the disc keeps spinning when you first boot up for a few minutes.

Miroku

Are there no hit reaction animations in this game?

I've only played a little bit but I can't tell if my 2 handed warhammer is actually hitting people or if my AI buddies did all the killing :/

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I'm sure this has already happened to others, but thought I'd share anyways. I was hunting some wolves in the middle of nowhere when this guy marked "Fugitive" runs up to me and says "Here! Store this, I'll be back for it later. If you don't have it when I come back, I will kill you. No time to explain." and then ran off in the other direction. He gave me a Warhammer of Cowardice- it lets enemies flee for thirty seconds after a hit. At first I was mad at all the weight it took up and planned to sell it...but I wanted to see if that guy ever came back. A few quests later, it's my weapon of choice against major bad guys and I love it...and I'm now planning to kill the guy if he ever comes back for his weapon. Which I have no idea if he ever will, or how strong he might be.

This game is awesome.

Forsete

Manticore said:
So guys, the wiki says it's possible to marry Lydia, but it doesn't say how the hell are we supposed to do that, any ideas?

I read someplace that
you will help her in a quest or something, then she will become friendly and you can tie the knot.

TCRS

Banned
Where can I find out more about the Aldmeri Dominion? Like what happended etc. Is in the two Elder Scrolls books? And about Martins life and how his death ended the Dragonblood line.

Victarion

Forsete said:
I read someplace that
you will help her in a quest or something, then she will become friendly and you can tie the knot.
I've seen that too, and taken her with me on every mini quest that I've done but nothing happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom