• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Are there more than the novice fire atronach conjuration spells?

Or is the novice spell the highest atronach summoning you can get?

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
Question about my missing follower
My follower (Lydia I think... the Housecarl) left during a companion mission because I had to take a companion with me. She said she would "wait at home." Well I dont own any property, and now the mission is over and I cant find her anywhere. Where does she go?"

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
mxgt said:
A Night to Remember
is such an amazing quest

Heh, I just triggered that one. I knew that I was getting myself into something by
sharing a drink with that weirdo, but I couldn't resist. I just left the temple (game crashed :( ),
can't wait to see where it goes from here.

Ilive1up

i walked into a cave, near the shrine of azura, and i definitely wasn't supposed to be in there.

i had to run through the whole thing, just to escape the enemies i had no chance of killing. fun times.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
eravulgaris said:
Where do you get it?

The bar in whiterun on the lower level. Talk to the guy to the right after you entered.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I am searching the hell out of the lands for any Fallout easter eggs ..yet zero results(unless I missed them)..please tell me there is some :(

thebeeks

Banned
Mattdaddy said:
Question about my missing follower
My follower (Lydia I think... the Housecarl) left during a companion mission because I had to take a companion with me. She said she would "wait at home." Well I dont own any property, and now the mission is over and I cant find her anywhere. Where does she go?"

She should be waiting back at Dragonsreach. At least that's where she went in my game before I got a house.

styl3s

wow just got stuck in the most stupidest fucking spot, going in third person there is clearly room to move or jump but nope.. cant move or jump and i haven't saved in like 20 minutes

EDIT- and its not letting me fast travel, probably because enemies are in this area in front and know im here.

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
I was challenged in a drinking game,
passed out, woke up next morning in a different capitol, across the map, only to find out last night I trashed a temple, stole a goat, bought a ring, got engaged...
Still retracing my steps on this one.

edit: see it was just recently talked about

Arjen

styl3s said:
wow just got stuck in the most stupidest fucking spot, going in third person there is clearly room to move or jump but nope.. cant move or jump and i haven't saved in like 20 minutes

Are you outside? You can fasttravel to get you out these situations

Gandie

PumpkinPie said:
I don't know if the Jarl is gone, I didn't actually get a chance to meet him before getting put in jail :/ His guards are still there so I guess he may be hanging around somewhere.

Jarl is back now, but he won't give me quests and the guards still try to arrest me, even though the Jarl admitted, that I didn't actually commit any crimes... Weird.

Realyn

First: I know this game isn´t about combat and I´m still having the best time of my life!
So ... I am level 23 and get really frustrated with the combat system. Playing on Master.

Short overview: Bow/1 handed/Conjuration/Smithing skilled.

Every thing right now is like this: Pull with Bow and let the Companion tank. Summon a Fire Element. If I´m in trouble at this point I will use my shrine. "Revive everyone in radius [x] once a day) = another 1-5 minions. Nothing even tries to hit me at this point.

My gear is a 40 dmg bow and and two 35 dmg 1h axes. Wearing light armor at ~140. Values are so high because of smithing ...

I just feel like I rolled the optimal char and it gets boring. Summons and Companions are way to powerfull. They tank so much hits while a dragon/bear/troll 3hits you.

Toma

Arjen said:
Are you outside? You can fasttravel to get you out these situations

Not if the game says you are "hanging" in midair with no flat surface beneath. Happened to me as well.

mileS

Smithing is really easy if you save your animal hides. I just went from 20-42 in a couple minutes making hide bracers. I was going to avoid this at first because I thought it was more for heavy armor, but I like the way the tree is set up for light armor all the way to dragon scale. I'm out of mats now so I guess I should go hunting again.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
thebeeks said:
She should be waiting back at Dragonsreach. At least that's where she went in my game before I got a house.

Ok cool, I looked just inside the front door but didnt see. Ill go look more thoroughly, thanks

GhaleonEB

Can you not sell custom potions? I've got a ton of useless ones I crafted to work on my alchemy skill, but they don't appear as options to sell, even at alchemist shops. Just the handful of off-the-shelf potions I've found.

Realyn

mileS said:
Smithing is really easy if you save your animal hides. I just went from 20-42 in a couple minutes making hide bracers. I was going to avoid this at first because I thought it was more for heavy armor but I like the way the tree is set up for light armor all the way to dragon scale. I'm out of mats now so I guess I should go hunting again.
You can use iron daggers as well. Just buy your mats, they arent thaaaat expensive.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
itwasTuesday said:
passed out, woke up next morning in a different capitol, across the map, only to find out last night I trashed a temple, stole a goat, bought a ring, got engaged...

Wish you'd spoilered originally. Didn't know what that quest entailed. :(

mileS

Realyn said:
You can use iron daggers as well. Just buy your mats, they arent thaaaat expensive.

Yea I've seen lots of people mentioning daggers for a good way to level it up but I didn't want to spend any gold until I already got rid of all the leather I had stocked up. I might look into the daggers to get up to 50 now.

Toma

Yo Gotti said:
Without, can't have them blowing my cover.

Lydia is doing pretty well in staying aloft if need be. And if there is some SERIOUS stalking to be done, I just tell her to wait at a corner. She is awesome. The first time a NPC isnt annoying when I am doing the sneaking part.

Morn

Banned
kswiston said:
I never played the first two Elder Scrolls games. What provinces did they take place in?

Here's the world map from Arena:
AR-map-small.jpg

Daggerfall was Hammerfell and High Rock:
DF-Map-Iliac_Bay.jpg

Battlespire took place on, well, the Battlespire and Reguard was on the island of Stros M'Kai in Hammerfell.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
i don't stalk. I have this huge fucking sword I found in a cave somewhere. killed giant spiders and even a fucking dragon with it. my giant sword kills everything. fuck yea

Realyn

Toma said:
Lydia is doing pretty well in staying aloft if need be. And if there is some SERIOUS stalking to be done, I just tell her to wait at a corner. She is awesome.
She died for me doing the rescue the brother quest :[. I hoped to get Lydia 2.0 going back ... but didnt :[

TekDragon

Banned
mileS said:
Yea I've seen lots of people mentioning daggers for a good way to level it up but I didn't want to spend any gold until I already got rid of all the leather I had stocked up. I might look into the daggers to get up to 50 now.

Every time you go to Whiterun (or whatever that first city is) buy up all the iron ingots and iron ore from the lady smith, her husband inside, and the smith at Skyforge. You can have 100 smithing before you even get your main combat skill to 35.

Tenck

arts&crafts said:
going home now transferring my save from my brothers house to my house. Hopefully it will work!

I am level 5 and 2 hours in and that is just the first dungeon! I think I am leveling up too fast. Time to steal things.

Everyone goes at their own pace :)

I'm taking my time with everything. Absorbing the scenery, looking at monsters walk, watch rabbits run, and anything else on my screen is interesting.

Wonder how much hours I will put into this game by Friday.

mileS

TekDragon said:
Every time you go to Whiterun (or whatever that first city is) buy up all the iron ingots and iron ore from the lady smith, her husband inside, and the smith at Skyforge. You can have 100 smithing before you even get your main combat skill to 35.

hmm I might do that. I just for the hell of it went to see how much of a damage upgrade I could give my bow after leveling smithing about 20 levels and wow... wow It was worth it. Huge upgrade. And that was for my dwarven bow, something I don't even have a perk in.

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
Hawkian said:
Wish you'd spoilered originally. Didn't know what that quest entailed. :(
Doh, bright side I think there might be more quest in this game. Also I'm not finished with that quest so who knows might happen next.

cackhyena

I'm level 13 or 14 now and for how many hours I've dumped into it, I haven't run across very much different armor. Like at all. Nothing that look s cooler or has much better armor properties. I don't get it. I've traveled a lot of places as well.

Mike.83

Realyn said:
I looted her, flipped her around and had a last long good look at her tits. Still remember them!
I was in the hight of battle (a battle I was losing) Once she died I did what all good men would do, turned around and ran away.

Teknoman

itwasTuesday said:

You...werent engaged to the goat...right?

MmmSkyscraper

Unconfirmed Member
Just resumed play after a few hours off. Spent 10 minutes on a nice stroll with no sign of danger, just foxes and butterflies and gushing rivers. An ice dragon appears, then his mate decides to join in out of nowhere and it's tag team time. We lost.

Pollux

cackhyena said:
I'm level 13 or 14 now and for how many hours I've dumped into it, I haven't run across very much different armor. Like at all. Nothing that look s cooler or has much better armor properties. I don't get it. I've traveled a lot of places as well.
Are you a warrior type character? Level up your smithing. I'm lvl 19 and rolling in Orcish armor. Grinding smithing to get to Daedric.

Had Dwarven Armor for a while...that was pretty badass looking.

EDIT: It's strange, it seems like EVERY town guard used to be an adventurer like me until they took an arrow in the knee lol

drizzle

Axel Hertz
WEird. I'm playing the game and the screen will flash a little green (like i'm underwater) and i'll hear a "splash" sound (like when you step on water) and everything will jerk a little bit.

Then it goes back to normal. It seems something is messed up in Gamebryo. If I close the game and reload it, it's ok.. after a while, it messes up again. Anybody heard of anything like that?

Arjen

cackhyena said:

Im stilling rockin my starter robes as wel (level 18) found some nice boots/ rings and necklaces but a nice hood or robe is pretty rare it seems

This game can be frustrating at times.

I had this companion for a few days now. Started to like him, even gets a few jokes out, he ended up litteraly as a pile of ashes by some very ugly fellas (some kind of lich?) in a dunjeon.

Also, I hate dwarven ruins.

And where can you buy the scroll for learning "tap soul" spell?

markot

Banned
I do think Dragons should feel more epic >.<

Why for get stomped by Giant but pwn dragons like they are sliced dragon cheese?! Why dont Giants kill Dragons and take over the world!?

markot said:
I do think Dragons should feel more epic >.<

Why for get stomped by Giant but pwn dragons like they are sliced dragon cheese?! Why dont Giants kill Dragons and take over the world!?

I get this feeling too, I had way more troubles with snow trolls early than with dragons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom