• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.

punkypine

so i have some questions about game mechanics:

Light armor - do you move faster or also attack faster as compared to heavy armor?

Weapons - do daggers attack faster than 1h swords and axes (or is it just that the animation is different)? Is there a significant difference between 1h swords and 1h axes? I wish weapons also showed a damage per second type thing

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
How do you give companions equipment?

Just throw it into their storage and click?

My Khajit in her Nightingale armor:

talk about getting sidetracked: i get married in the middle of my first major Brotherhood hit. she just gave me 100 bucks from the business she started and now its finally time to cash in on the job i initially started out for.

i fucking love this game.

Loving this game, I'm getting lost.
Not original, but I'm enjoying my 1 hand bound sword and magic combo. My only complaint is that I believe robes don't count as light armor so I lost the 25% all-light-armor bonus, and I don't want to take off the robes because they give me 75% magicka regen =[

Amir0x said:
seriously this is the worst game for OCD people of all time. Every time I talk to someone new I get a new quest to help lace their boots or lick their pussy or cook some fucking roast beef or some shit

doesn't anyone in this goddamn world know how to do their own shit?

That's why you need a hero, to cook that roast beef.

Zhaanie

Banned
Holy fuck, this Vokun guy is a fucking beastly caster. I feel like I don't stand a chance, even with help from that NPC lady and anti-magic abilities/potions.

Maybe I should return later with a companion.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
styl3s said:
Where are people getting this badass armor?
I assume questlines or crafting.

For the Nightingale armor, you have to finish the long chain of Thieves' Guide main quests.

The stats are:
Hood - Illusion spells cost 15% less to cast.
Armor - Increase your stamina by 30 points. Increase your Frost resistance by 30%.
Gloves - Lockpicking is 20% easier. One-handed attacks do 20% more damage.
Boots - Wearer is muffled and moves silently.

Nothing spectacular for a character like mine (who will usually kill people before they even notice) but it looks soooooo awesome.

Loam

Hawkian said:
It's possible to max even skill stat, but not get every perk. There's a level cap of 70.

Ah ok that makes sense. I keep hearing how you level up skills simply by using them and was wondering what was preventing your character from eventually getting god mode.

Halycon said:
How do you give companions equipment?

Just throw it into their storage and click?

Yeah it seems like they will equip the best equipment they have in their inventory. My Huscarl is a real tank now after I gave her some quality armor.

Gandie

PumpkinPie said:
Did you help them kill the guards when they escaped? I just left them to it and have no problems with the guards.

I'm trying to remember, I'm pretty sure I didn't kill anyone once we got into the city. Is the Jarl gone in your game too? Also, it's impossible for me to go to jail, when I select the option in the dialogue with the guards it just restarts the conversation.

Zhaanie

Banned
Oh wow.

The NPC lady who wanted me to help her kill Vokun followed me outside, and she's fucking soloing a dragon now. :lol

She's amazingly strong with magic.

I. Love. This. Game.

blahblah...blah said:
http://i.imgur.com/ExGaT.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=trudderham]Oh wow. I just had the most epic gaming moment of my life!

I was exploring the frost-bitten landscape looking for a long-lost mage staff when the music begins to swell (never a good sign) and out of the sky swoops two fu**ing dragons.

One dragon is scary enough. But two circling my head in ever-closing circles? Holy sh*t!

The first dragon landed with a thump in front of me and roared:

[IMG]http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j19/tomrudderham/skyrim1.jpg[IMG]

OK. Time to take this b*tch down. I managed to kill after after a long battle by dodging in-and-out of trees to avoid it's fiery breath while firing lighting and fire at it. Meanwhile, the second was attacking something in the background:

[IMG]http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j19/tomrudderham/skyrim2.jpg[IMG]

Out of nowhere a Wooly Mammoths runs by nearly crushing me. I rush through the trees and see two giants repeatedly beating the other dragon around the head with clubs:

[IMG]http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j19/tomrudderham/skyrim3.jpg[IMG]

An epic battle between two giants and dragon ensures. Flames and blood fly through the air before finally the dragon succumbed and exploded in flames, giving me a free dragon soul. Nice.

[IMG]http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j19/tomrudderham/skyrim4.jpg[IMG]

As I walked away the sun fell behind me over the most beautiful mountainscape in gaming. Simply magic:

[IMG]http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j19/tomrudderham/skyrim5.jpg[IMG]

I love this game.[/QUOTE]

Fucking Epic. I've just started playing. Can't wait to experience these kind of awesomeness.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
Lebron said:
Fuck this game, I need to write a paper. Let me write my damn paper damn it!
fuck this game. i need to go to work tomorrow. i need to sleep. let me sleep dammit.

LeadGandalf said:
I'm trying to remember, I'm pretty sure I didn't kill anyone once we got into the city. Is the Jarl gone in your game too? Also, it's impossible for me to go to jail, when I select the option in the dialogue with the guards it just restarts the conversation.

I don't know if the Jarl is gone, I didn't actually get a chance to meet him before getting put in jail :/ His guards are still there so I guess he may be hanging around somewhere.

jaaz

Just found a Staff of Paralysis. Holy crap, this thing is powerful. Should I use it as a Staff, and keep replacing its Soul Gem? Or is it better if I disenchant it to learn the enchant and then enchant other items?

Playing the game as a battle-mage (one-handed weapons and destruction spells, mostly). If I disenchant it, where can I find a kick-ass one-handed weapon to enchant for my mage?

Fumoffu

Neo Member
Went the battle mage route, dual casting destruction spells (lightning bolt + fireball + frost storm) and when enemies get close I pull out my two-handed greater sword that absorbs 20 stamina point's. About 20 hours in, this game is really taking over my life.

Love it when an enemy dies their physics go totally wacko and they basically weigh 0, i.e. taking out a troll then to cast lightning bolt and see them fling off a cliff a few hundred meters.

Mailman 007

Neo Member
Found this guy randomly wandering around near Whiterun.
16ixuoh.jpg

Took forever for me to catch up to him, and right after I snapped this picture he disappeared.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
cartoon_soldier said:
For the people playing sneaky/assassin characters, are you guys doing it with companion (Lydia, etc) or without them?
I'm keeping Faendal around until I complete my requisite training (Thieves' Guild, Dark Brotherhood), then going solo.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
I am only like a few hours into the game, and

I

FUCKING

LOVE

THIS

GAME!!!!

I have been wanting s spiritual successor to Amiga Dungeon Master for DECADES...and now it appears I have gotten one. The tight corridors, the forboding atmosphere, eevrything screams next gen Dungeon Master!

This game is the only fantasy Western RPG I have played in the last two decades *other* than Fallout 3, and the experiance is amazing! I am already immersed and engrossed in the world of Skyrim much much more than I ever was in Fallout 3. Fucking love it. BRING ON THE MODS!!!!

Dinokill

What difficulty are you guys playing? Im playing the second highest and I'm getting wrecked everytime by mages, orc, sabre cat, bandits etc

Arjen

cartoon_soldier said:
For the people playing sneaky/assassin characters, are you guys doing it with companion (Lydia, etc) or without them?

Without, just doesn't feel right for my character.
Im collecting them all in my house though.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Arjen said:
Without, just doesn't feel right for my character.
Im collecting them all in my house though.
I never thought about that. I think I will do the same when I buy my place in case I need a buddy for a specific task.

Tenck

Mr Killemgood said:
16 hours in and level 15. I have only been to two cities in the game so far... Its insane to think the game is really *that* large. Wow.

Looking like completing it (for me) is to be a 200-300hr task.

I'm level 7 and have put 12 hours into the game. It really is amazing reading stories of other players here. We're all on our own different adventures.

GhaleonEB

GhaleonEB said:
Got it. Looks like I have a cave to go clear then. Thanks.
And what a cave. Holy crap!

So the jarl asks me to do a favor and carry something to a shrine for her. Sure, no problem. Maybe I can get a house in this town for it. Where's the shrine...HOLY CRAP the other side of the planet.

Time to sell a whole lotta loot. Might invest in a horse for this one. I'm still not fast traveling.

going home now transferring my save from my brothers house to my house. Hopefully it will work!

Tenck said:
I'm level 7 and have put 12 hours into the game. It really is amazing reading stories of other players here. We're all on our own different adventures.

I am level 5 and 2 hours in and that is just the first dungeon! I think I am leveling up too fast. Time to steal things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom