• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.

kswiston

Morn said:
Here's the world map from Arena:

Daggerfall was Hammerfell and High Rock:

Battlespire took place on, well, the Battlespire and Reguard was on the island of Stros M'Kai in Hammerfell.

Thanks. While I am sure they have retconned some of the geography details from Arena at this point, it is cool to know that the provinces were kept consistent throughout.

I wonder where the next game will take place. Looks like they have used up the home provinces of the more human races. Summerset Isles could be interesting.

Merino

Strange thing happening in my game.

Just killed a dragon at Riverwood and despite having two unactivated words in my inventory killing it did not activate a new word. I tried to activate it in the menu and it tells me that I need a dragon soul for this which is strange as I'm literally standing next to the corpse of a dragon I just killed. Where did my dragon soul go?

markot

Banned
The_Squirrel_Menace said:
I get this feeling too, I had way more troubles with snow trolls early than with dragons.
Yeah, the first snow troll messed me up >.<

Never died to a dragon.

And you can store things in chests, but only chests in your house are guaranteed to not be stolen!

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Just been doing Thief Guild side quests for an hour or so and you make so much money, though running through the sewer to hand them in is getting repetitive.

kswiston

Merino said:

Just killed a dragon at Riverwood and despite having two unactivated words in my inventory killing it did not activate a new word. I tried to activate it in the menu and it tells me that I need a dragon soul for this which is strange as I'm literally standing next to the corpse of a dragon I just killed. Where did my dragon soul go?

If on PC, you need to Press R or something similar. It is not automatic, and enter doesn't work. It will say at the bottom of the screen. The PC interface is sort of crap.

Will F

One of the things I love about this game are little things like
finding a small troll cave with two dead guards in it, one of them had a note on it from their captain which you can loot and read telling them that they were to investigate the areas, but it was probably just wolves and no big deal, so only send two people.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Merino said:

Press X, square or R

Arjen

Also, I hate dwarven ruins.

Yes, oh god, i was trapped in one for over 2 hours, i was seriously underpowered, but made it al the way trough. Giant fucker appeared. I was like, fuck, now way i'm going to beat him. But sure enough after a long hard battle i won, already happy that i beat him the little voice in the back of my head went "duuuuude, the loot here is going to be awesome!"
Yeah think again, apparantly i missed a part to power up some machine. Oh well, it was stil a great ride.

markot

Banned
Chriswok said:
Wait... people steal things? :eek:
Ah, I dont know, but if you store things in chests you dont own, they can go missing later. Only your own chests are guaranteed to be there. (Also its not stealing if people leave stuff in chests that dont belong to them!)

Xena

This game is truly amazing. I'm level 8, and I was going to my destination and running far from the mammoths and giant at a distance. Then I felt a fireball thrown at me, and thought "oh dang, I better run for my life". I kept trying to get distance but making sure I didn't get close to the giant and mammoth, and a few seconds later the dragon turned around and the three of them started fighting! It was amazing, I was just standing way back and watching. The dragon got owned quickly by the two, I gathered enough courage to run to it and absorb the soul, and then I continued to my destination.

I feel dirty now, but man that was awesome. I thought they would stay "fighting" each other but not really having a kill.

Trevelyan

Banned
Alright, I feel I've searched the world a good deal, but for the like of me can't find a single Dwemer ruin. Can someone here please point to where one is? They were my favorite part of Morrowind and it makes me sad I haven't seen one yet =(

markot

Banned
Xena said:
This game is truly amazing. I'm level 8, and I was going to my destination and running far from the mammoths and giant at a distance. Then I felt a fireball thrown at me, and thought "oh dang, I better run for my life". I kept trying to get distance but making sure I didn't get close to the giant and mammoth, and a few seconds later the dragon turned around and the three of them started fighting! It was amazing, I was just standing way back and watching. The dragon got owned quickly by the two, I gathered enough courage to run to it and absorb the soul, and then I continued to my destination.

I feel dirty now, but man that was awesome. I thought they would stay "fighting" each other but not really having a kill.
Same thing happened to me.

Except instead of dragons and giants, it was wolves and crabs attacking bandits >.>;

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Asking again since it will make me decide on how to spent skill points:

Toma said:
Are there more than the novice fire atronach conjuration spells?

Or is the novice spell the highest atronach summoning you can get?

GhaleonEB

I spend 20 minutes riding on horse back to deliver something for the jarl of Solitude. After doing so, I hop back on my horse and while trying to turn around fall backward off a cliff. My last save is when I bought the horse.

Fuck me.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Anyone ever definitely clear a location but not have it say cleared on the map? The same
vampire cave where you kill the master near morthal, still trying to figure out the morthal thane quest as well ugh
had nothing left alive in it but said not clear :(

Arjen said:
Yes, oh god, i was trapped in one for over 2 hours, i was seriously underpowered, but made it al the way trough. Giant fucker appeared. I was like, fuck, now way i'm going to beat him. But sure enough after a long hard battle i won, already happy that i beat him the little voice in the back of my head went "duuuuude, the loot here is going to be awesome!"
Yeah think again, apparantly i missed a part to power up some machine. Oh well, it was stil a great ride.

LoL, that giant of steel wasn't leaking steam out of all the orifices by chance? Also got to a dungeon where at the end I was missing some kind of "elements" (key i guess?) to advance further.

Bitches were hard to kill and didn't get anything from there. Hopefully I'll find that missing key later.

kswiston said:
I wonder where the next game will take place. Looks like they have used up the home provinces of the more human races. Summerset Isles could be interesting.

Also, Tamriel is only one of the continents on the planet Nirn where the series is set, there are whole continents that have yet to have a game featured there. I'd like to see a game that takes places, or allows you to visit, Pyanonea, the home of the Tropical Elves (Maormer). Also, the continent of Akavir features four beast races that have never been included in the games.

Bootaaay said:
Also, Tamriel is only one of the continents on the planet Nirn where the series is set, there are whole continents that have yet to have a game featured there. I'd like to see a game that takes places, or allows you to visit, Pyanonea, the home of the Tropical Elves (Maormer). Also, the continent of Akavir features four beast races that have never been included in the games.

Yes, here's hoping this game never turns into some kind of SWTOR.

Volimar

Bootaaay said:

Ooh, I want to be one of the serpent people!

Enco said:
I wish people reacted to dead bodies being dragged out in front of them.

Maybe they think that someone strong enough to kill the dead guy would like to have some privacy...

Arjen

LoL, that giant of steel wasn't leaking steam out of all the orifices by chance? Also got to a dungeon where at the end I was missing some kind of "elements" (key i guess?) to advance further.

Bitches were hard to kill and didn't get anything from there. Hopefully I'll find that missing key later.

Yeah, that might be the one, you had get the bridge working for him to even appear.
If anything, my lifegoal in Skyrim is to find that key.

markot

Banned
I hate mining in this game.... i takes like 10 seconds for 2 ore >_> and you cant skip it... Hope there is a mod to make it instant soon, its just so tedious!

Merino

kswiston said:
If on PC, you need to Press R or something similar. It is not automatic, and enter doesn't work. It will say at the bottom of the screen. The PC interface is sort of crap.
tnx that worked. Been struggling with the PC interface ever since I started.

On a different note, I've noticed the NPC Merchants changing their inventory every so often.
Kinda sucks cause the smith in Whiterun had all these nice archery bonus clothing and now that I got the coins they are gone.

ezekial45

Banned
I have two negative effects stuck on me. Rockjoint (25% less effectiveness with melee weapons) and Ataxia (Pickpocketing and Lockpicking are 25% more difficult.

How do i get rid of them? I had no idea I was even affected by these. The game doesn't really do a good job of notifying you of these issues.

zethren

Banned
Just under 25 hours played and I'm loving the game.

Honestly, the bulk of that time has been spent embarking on the Companions quest line.

Companions quest spoilers:
Such a great quest line. I ended up wiping out the Glenmoril Witches completely, and wiping out the Silver Hand. In the end, I cured myself of my lycanthropy as well as Kodlak. I felt that curing myself would be a good honor for Kodlak's memory, beginning a new line of Companion Harbingers free of the werewolf blood.

The characters in the Companions really grew on me as well. Especially Kodlak. It was great going out on each mission with members of the faction and learning more about them.

I can't wait to jump into the other faction quest lines on other characters (trying to stick to a Nord Barbarian for this play through) if they are even half as good as the Companions was.

Also, I think the "A Night to Remember" quest is my favorite thus far. I seriously had a smile on my face the entire time.

As someone who loved Morrowind and didn't enjoy Oblivion, I'm extremely happy with Skyrim. I think all of my issues with Oblivion have been addressed, and the game is just so engaging and addicting. I've been very impressed with the game so far.

ezekial45 said:
I have two negative effects stuck on me. Rockjoint (25% less effectiveness with melee weapons) and Ataxia (Pickpocketing and Lockpicking are 25% more difficult.

How do i get rid of them? I had no idea I was even affected by these. The game doesn't really do a good job of notifying you of these issues.

Any potion of "cure disease" will do, changing your sign at a stone will remove disease as well.

Shrines of Kynareth (there's one at the temple in Whiterun I believe).

Restoration spell of cure disease.

Rokam

markot said:
I hate mining in this game.... i takes like 10 seconds for 2 ore >_> and you cant skip it... Hope there is a mod to make it instant soon, its just so tedious!

You can attack the vein with a pickaxe and mine that way.

markot

Banned
ezekial45 said:

Try the king dudes shrine in that main city in front of the big ass keep with the mental dude yelling all the time. (You know what I mean!)

froliq

Toma said:
Asking again since it will make me decide on how to spent skill points:
They will become available for sale once your skill is high enough. Not sure what triggers it though. It's either having the skill at 50 or having to get the perk of that level.

Derrick01

Banned
ezekial45 said:

I'm pretty sure Ataxia is a disease, at least I vaguely recall someone talking about it in a poor area of a city. Try a cure disease potion or go to a temple and activate the shrine that will remove diseases as well.

Dresden

I don't think the games will ever get out of Tamriel. Summerset Isles should be cool though, high elf architecture could allow for some fantastic scenery.

styl3s

hmm found an interesting spot after the first dragon quest thing where you can sit and literally farm infinite levels if you have the patience i just leveled my conjur and level by 5 in less then 5 minutes and decided to stop because i dont much like cheating

not to mention im pretty sure mobs level with you

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Dresden said:
I don't think the games will ever get out of Tamriel. Summerset Isles should be cool though, high elf architecture could allow for some fantastic scenery.
I hope they include dwarves in a future storyline.

They can give them cheap scottish accents just to mess with fans.

Pollux

Bootaaay said:
FOUR NEW BEAST RACES??????

Bethesda. take care of this.

Locke_211

Ikuu said:
Just been doing Thief Guild side quests for an hour or so and you make so much money, though running through the sewer to hand them in is getting repetitive.

You don't need to keep running through the sewers - the Cistern room at the back has another exit.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
markot said:
I do think Dragons should feel more epic >.<

Why for get stomped by Giant but pwn dragons like they are sliced dragon cheese?! Why dont Giants kill Dragons and take over the world!?
Giants just want to tend to their mammoths and be left alone. But maybe for the next game they'll develop and take over. Then only the Giantborn will be able to save us...

Skyrim is God in game form. And this is from someone who didn't like Oblivion but loved Fallout 3.

They fixed my every gripe with Oblivion, included changes and improvements from Fallout 3, and even seem to have taken some inspiration from Bioshock and Red Dead Redemption. This is the best open world ever and just may end up toppling Red Dead Redemption for my GOTF.

So much for doing work this weekend ;p

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Haha, use a trainer and then steal your gold back and repeat. Boosted my Sneak (trainer) and Pickpocketing pretty high with this and got like 3 levels :lol

Which location do you think will be in the inevitable add on ?

(Oblivion had shivering isles (I liked the mood of that extensiona lot), morrowing had tribunal AND bloodmoon).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom