• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Just grinded Smithing from 30 to 60 on Leather Bracers.

I knew slaughtering all those animals was a good idea.

Arde5643

Kintaro said:
I lost my horse. =( Any way to call him back?
Did you steal or buy the horse? If you buy it, you can always fast travel back to the stables and the horse will be there waiting for you.

If you steal it, it's gone.

mileS

Just killed another dragon, easy fight with my bow and hiding behind a pillar from his frost breath. BUT holllly shiet the fight with the skelly/mage thing named "Krosis" afterwards was HARD! I ended up getting him in the perfect place so his fireball wouldn't hit me and I could just keep hitting him with arrows. The mask he gives you for killing him is amazing. +20% more damage to archery? When thats my main combat focus already? Hell ya I'll probably never replace this I'm guessing.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Just stumbled across Windhelm. It feels good to be among my people, and those goddamned racist Nords can expect an arrow through the dick before dawn.

Desaan

This thread moves faster than light.

Quick question for anyone who can answer. I didn't get a dragon soul for the 2nd dragon I encountered and killed, was on my way to the Greybeard's at the time. Will the soul be retroactive or have I fucked myself out of a shout unlock? (I heard there are only a limited number of dragons).

DidntKnowJack said:
Design of the world is amazing.

Design of the dungeons is pretty good too, but not all that different quality wise from Oblivion. Though the dungeons are more varied this time around, I'd say.
Good to hear. Might pick this up, though I really don't have a PC that can handle it. Are the console versions at least acceptable?

I've been focusing on Destruction/Conjuration/Two-Handed for combat with my Dark Elf. Part of me thinks it's a mistake, that two-handed is a bad fit for a battle-oriented mage. But they're the three skills I find the most fun in battle.

Should I switch to one-handed for melee?

Onemic

Anyone know where to find the missing component needed at the end of raldbthar?
You would think it would be on the boss....

BadTaste105 said:
None of my armour is enchanted, only made better through Blacksmithing. Do I have to learn Enchanting myself or can I find an enchanter to do it for me?

Also I've been looking for an enchanting table for ages now but haven't found one.

There is an enchanting table within Dragonsreach Castle in Whiterun.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Arde5643 said:
Did you steal or buy the horse? If you buy it, you can always fast travel back to the stables and the horse will be there waiting for you.

If you steal it, it's gone.

I bought him. That's good news.

Sadly, I can never seem to save up enough for a house. =/

Chris R

So can someone confirm this for me. Does killing a
vampire turn them into an ash pile? Sniped some dude in the head and never found a corpse to loot

kswiston

rhfb said:
So can someone confirm this for me. Does killing a
vampire turn them into an ash pile? Sniped some dude in the head and never found a corpse to loot

Sometimes. Ash piles are blue and easy to see though.

Varna said:
I'm determined to enjoy this game.
Your mileage may vary depending upon playstyle and expectations. For what its worth I don't play Bethesda games for their main storyline, but more as a large virtual hunting/thievery/dungeon delving game. Its all about my demonic looking hooded Argonian, my bow, my sneaky archery criticals, poisons, and never picking up loot with less than a 5x gold-to-weight ratio. ;P

With games like this you get out what you put into them, and I can only speak for how incredible the experience has been for my personal tastes at the moment. But I already want to make another character to explore the speechcraft/pure magic side of things, along with making a Krogar the barbarian or SpellSword when I have the time.

On the visuals front the game is stunning. I know its got console textures and weak shadows, etc etc, but the overall effect is more than enough to draw me into the world and keep me utterly enrapt in its clockwork beauty and danger for hours on end.

Snuggler said:
Just stumbled across Windhelm. It feels good to be among my people, and those goddamned racist Nords can expect an arrow through the dick before dawn.
*respec knuckles*

I plan to rob the shit out of the fine people of Windhelm, once I find where they're hiding their loot.

moop1167

Okay so I verified the integrity of game cache and reset my .INI files, and still, when I am at character creation, the Khajiit face is transparent. wtf?

Esch

Banned
is it possible to pick up a body and move into a different area(like outside a door?) I'm trying on the PC version and its not working

Derrick01

Banned
Signs you've been playing Skyrim too long:

I was at the end of a dungeon of necromancers, learned a new shout and everything. The exit had a gate blocking the way and I knew the pull chain was nearby but it took me 20 minutes to find it even though it was right beside a bookshelf.

GhaleonEB

Blue Ninja said:
I could always sell mine, weird that you can't. :/
Yeah I don't know what's going on. I just added about 20 poisons - some hugely valuable - to my stash. And I can't find anyone to sell them to. A good 30 lbs is devoted to potions, many super valuable. But I can't sell. :(

A house costs 25,000 in Solitude, and I have about 2,000. So I raided a shop at night, got a ton of valuables...and none show up in my options to sell. I thought I could sell stolen merch to normal shop keepers?

It really stings to be lugging around thousands of gold worth of loot and no one will buy. :(

george_us

Enjoying the game but I'll be damned if I'm not sick of having to read paragraphs of poorly written dialog and while listening to equally poor voice acting. I also wish these games weren't so fucking reliant on shitty fetch quests and "go talk to this person to find out where McGuffin A is". Come up with something original for fucks sake.

kswiston

GhaleonEB said:
Yeah I don't know what's going on. I just added about 20 poisons - some hugely valuable - to my stash. And I can't find anyone to sell them to. A good 30 lbs is devoted to potions, many super valuable. But I can't sell. :(

A house costs 25,000 in Solitude, and I have about 2,000. So I raided a shop at night, got a ton of valuables...and none show up in my options to sell. I thought I could sell stolen merch to normal shop keepers?

It really stings to be lugging around thousands of gold worth of loot and no one will buy. :(

If it is like previous games in the series, normal shop keeps will not buy stolen items. You have to sell them to a fence. But I can't confirm since I have not started any thieving yet.

jfkgoblue

i didn't know your spouse could cheat on you.... but mine did... anyways this is how I "dealt" with it
2zelbnc.jpg

n4d4s1.jpg

moop1167

moop1167 said:
Okay so I verified the integrity of game cache and reset my .INI files, and still, when I am at character creation, the Khajiit face is transparent. wtf?

Can someone please check this out in their game and see if the same problem happens? I can't start a game until I have peace of mind.

GhaleonEB said:
I've been able to sell my own crafted potions, so I haven't run into this problem yet. But hey, you could always store some of your excess stuff in a dungeon/mine/campsite you've already cleared. I basically lived out of a mine for a while until I could afford my own place in Whiterun. It had a few bedrolls, some chests for storage, and most of a forge setup, so it worked alright as my starter adventurer batcave.

Cutwolf

God there is SO MUCH TO DO in this game. My map is completely cluttered with stuff I've discovered and there's still tons of stuff I keep finding on my compass.

I'm 30 something hours in and am only a few quests in to the main quest line.

This game is wonderful.

Running around collecting shouts right now.
Storm Call
is awesome.

Level 21 with around 75 destruction, 46 conjuration, 45 restoration.

kswiston

moop1167 said:
Can someone please check this out in their game and see if the same problem happens? I can't start a game until I have peace of mind.

I could see them properly when I was picking my race.

oneils

BadTaste105 said:
None of my armour is enchanted, only made better through Blacksmithing. Do I have to learn Enchanting myself or can I find an enchanter to do it for me?

Also I've been looking for an enchanting table for ages now but haven't found one.

I believe the Whiterun wizard has one in his shop in Dragonsreach.

Mupod

Ferrio said:
Who can teach me archery? also how do you zoom (on pc) with the bow?

You need a perk for that. The description of it says that when you're pulling back an arrow, pressing block will zoom.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I think I need to up the difficulty. At level 19, I'm practically a walking god that can slay just about anything in two or three dual wield flurries (even giants). I'm playing on Adept difficulty at the moment.

Varna

NullPointer said:
Your mileage may vary depending upon playstyle and expectations. For what its worth I don't play Bethesda games for their main storyline, but more as a large virtual hunting/thievery/dungeon delving game. Its all about my demonic looking hooded Argonian, my bow, my sneaky archery criticals, poisons, and never picking up loot with less than a 5x gold-to-weight ratio. ;P

With games like this you get out what you put into them, and I can only speak for how incredible the experience has been for my personal tastes at the moment. But I already want to make another character to explore the speechcraft/pure magic side of things, along with making a Krogar the barbarian or SpellSword when I have the time.

This is the main reason why I want to get into this game so badly. I'm such a huge fan of games that don't saddle you with objectives or beat you over the head with exposition.

Rimfya said:
Is it sacrilegious to wish this game had co-op?

Never understood why these games didn't have the option. Don't see a single thing that would be compromised in their inclusion.

Does gamepad feel a lot better in this game then keyboard?

CyReN

Did anybody buy the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Collector's Edition Guide? It's a decent price at Overstock right now, worth it in this day and age with the internet?

Chris R

Ferrio said:
Who can teach me archery? also how do you zoom (on pc) with the bow?
Zoom on the 360 is just the left trigger (left hand action) after you have the perk. I'd assume it is whatever the left hand ability button on PC is.

moop1167

kswiston said:
I could see them properly when I was picking my race.

I mean, I can see the face, but it is transparent. I don't know why that would happen. I reset everything to default and re-downloaded files just in case.

Mupod

jeremy70583 said:
Those of you playing on PC, K&M or 360 controller? I always play K&M on my pc, but the controls just seem a bit off.

Keyboard and mouse is fine for me after getting used to the favorites/hotkeys and turning off mouse acceleration (huge difference there).

kswiston

NullPointer said:

Enchanted cloaks and robes are the best for this. 1lb, but can be worth hundreds. I don't even bother picking up weapons any more. Not unless they are 500+ gold retail.

GLopez12

Neo Member
I like the game so far and it's probably my GOTY, but it's amazing how many reviewers have given the crappy melee combat a free pass.

GhaleonEB

kswiston said:
If it is like previous games in the series, normal shop keeps will not buy stolen items. You have to sell them to a fence. But I can't confirm since I have not started any thieving yet.
I'd read that you can sell stolen merchandise to anyone but the shop/person you stole them from.

Can anyone confirm?
NullPointer said:
I've been able to sell my own crafted potions, so I haven't run into this problem yet. But hey, you could always store some of your excess stuff in a dungeon/mine/campsite you've already cleared. I basically lived out of a mine for a while until I could afford my own place in Whiterun. It had a few bedrolls, some chests for storage, and most of a forge setup, so it worked alright as my starter adventurer batcave.
I haven't cleared any nearby. I'm just trying to do some questing/thieving and save up for a house, but I'm at my carrying capacity. But about 70% of what I'm carrying never shows up as an option to be sold.

Okay, WTF. I just did a check. And every potion I crafted shows up as stolen. Likewise every piece of jewelry - including the silver necklaces I just made. They're all tagged as stolen, when I crafted them at publicly usable stations, from components I found in dungeons or while exploring! The hell?

Where can I sell this stuff? Nearly all my loot is tagged as stolen, no matter where I got it from.

Durante

jeremy70583 said:
Those of you playing on PC, K&M or 360 controller? I always play K&M on my pc, but the controls just seem a bit off.
I'm playing with kb/m, as a mage the hotkeys and ability to aim well are too important. Regarding the controls, have you turned off mouse acceleration and tried the present interval tweak? It makes them much more responsive (look in the PC tech thread for details).

GLopez12 said:
I like the game so far and it's probably my GOTY, but it's amazing how many reviewers have given the crappy melee combat a free pass.
They're probably all playing superior mages :p

Seriously, i don't think I've even equipped a weapon outside of the first 10 minutes.

Teknoman

ezekial45 said:
I have two negative effects stuck on me. Rockjoint (25% less effectiveness with melee weapons) and Ataxia (Pickpocketing and Lockpicking are 25% more difficult.

How do i get rid of them? I had no idea I was even affected by these. The game doesn't really do a good job of notifying you of these issues.

Some random wandering guy that said he was part of a group that fought against Daedra offered to heal me for some money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom