• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.

rexor0717

Anyone here been able to find conjuration spells past weapons and atronachs? Don't get me wrong, the atronach are awesome, but I want to summon some daedra, but I have no clue where to find the spells. I'm like 57 in conjuration btw.

cbox

I'm playing on pc with my 360 pad, it's great so far. Love the rumble when I shoot an arrow.

Is there an easier way to lockpick? I go through WAY too many picks and it's pissing me off cause I was an expert in oblivion.

negitoro7

I've retrieved the Golden Claw for Lucan Valerius in Riverwood, how do I give it to him to complete the quest? When I try to sell him items, the Claw doesn't appear on the list, help please.

Cutwolf

Say I disenchant my
Arch Mage Robes
. Will I be able to add that enchant to any item going forward and get stacking effects?

Valygar

Anyone else having trouble levelling up a thief?

I feel I have to level up too many skills. We have sneaking, lockpicking and pickpocketing worth of mention for a thief, plus whatever you use for fighting /armor as well. There is almost no room for alchemy/smithing/enchanting/ , and you can practically choose only two forms of combat (or maybe one combat skill, plus a magic skill). I'm going to try to level up sneaking until the x15 dagger damage thing, stop with lockpicking till I find master locks, and maybe level pickpocketing for the +100 weight carry limit. But I feel really bad dumping all the ore I find, all the magic, and things.

;(

negitoro7 said:
I've retrieved the Golden Claw for Lucan Valerius in Riverwood, how do I give it to him to complete the quest? When I try to sell him items, the Claw doesn't appear on the list, help please.

Have you completed the cave / find a new... thing at the end of it completing a quest? You cant just pick the claw and go back to the shop, you need to continue exploring that cave.

Snuggler said:
Cool, I wonder if I can still find her after the quest. I can't seem to find Kynesgrove, where is it on the world map?
To the south of Windhelm. It's not very far.

negitoro7 said:
You don't sell it to him, you just tell him "Hey bro, I got your claw".

Durante

rexor0717 said:
Anyone here been able to find conjuration spells past weapons and atronachs? Don't get me wrong, the atronach are awesome, but I want to summon some daedra, but I have no clue where to find the spells. I'm like 57 in conjuration btw.
I'm not that far, but I don't think there's Daedra summoning in this game. There are no perks for it, and it wouldn't make much sense for story reasons (after Oblivion).

cbox

negitoro7 said:

Did you finish the rest of the quest?

Durante said:
I'm not that far, but I don't think there's Daedra summoning in this game. There are no perks for it, and it wouldn't make much sense for story reasons (after Oblivion).
Daedra can still be summoned after Oblivion, though. Daedra can breach the barriers if they're invited in. Draugr and Dragon Priests will usually summon Atronarchs to help them in battle, too.

The Sanguine Rose also allows you to summon a Daedra for 60 seconds.

Tripwood

So I'm a Khajiit, draped in glass, in the service of ultranationalists Nords.
And I'm better suited for this barren cold wasteland then the Nords themselves, with the fur and all.
Life is good.

Cutwolf

rexor0717 said:

I have a staff that let's me summon some demon looking melee dude (forgetting the names of the staff and demon dude). Has a pretty sick finishing move on things.

Have you unlocked any atronachs beyond Fire and Ice? I'm at 46 conjuration and really ready to move past those two. If so, where'd you get them?

Ark

This fucking game...

I've been playing over 22 hours and I'm barely anywhere through the main quest line. I keep getting distracted by all the side quests and levelling up my skills.

My only gripe with this game so far is that imo there are far too many different perk tree things for you to level up/choose from.

kswiston said:
Enchanted cloaks and robes are the best for this. 1lb, but can be worth hundreds. I don't even bother picking up weapons any more. Not unless they are 500+ gold retail.
Oh yes. That and boots. I swipe the shoes off every bandit I find. Into the bag they go. And helmets. And bracers... My problem more than anything is having to unload my lootstuffs on several different merchants because neither of them alone has enough coin. All things considered this is a good problem to have.

But honestly, I've barely dented the beginning of this game. Just taking my time to thoroughly learn and explore each area before moving on, that or just passing by other areas of interest in my hunting excursions just to get them noted on my map for later. So damn much more to do.

And Ghaleon, yeah, that sounds pretty messed up. Does it count as stealing to make potions with certain NPC alchemy tables?

Ark said:
My only gripe with this game so far is that imo there are far too many different perk tree things for you to level up/choose from.
That's a gripe? I was floored when I first swooshed between all those options. Making good progress on the sneak and archery perks, and man do they make a difference.

balddemon

Banned
jeremy70583 said:
Those of you playing on PC, K&M or 360 controller? I always play K&M on my pc, but the controls just seem a bit off.

i'm using kb/m, and its not bad. i don't think i could use a controller for this game even if i had one. everything on the keyboard is within reach of my left hand, and i love the mouse for moving the camera.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I remember when I said I'd be going to bed...

That was three hours ago.

Fuck.

Mupod

Question about conjuration - say I make a bound bow, what will its damage scale off of? Archery, conjuration, or both? And will it compete with high end bows, or would getting the bound weapon improvement perks be a waste of time?

So much for being stable.

Game was stable for the most part and now its just crashing every hour or so.

Just had a weird crash where a rat was colored all yellow with no texture then soon as I tried to take a picture of it CRASH.

negitoro7

Valygar said:
Have you completed the cave / find a new... thing at the end of it completing a quest? You cant just pick the claw and go back to the shop, you need to continue exploring that cave.

I explored all the way through the cave and came out the other way (didn't backtrack out of the cave) and don't remember picking up a new thing =(

Realyn

Realyn said:
Do Dawnstar and Winterhold have stables? Dont want to fasttravel and cant find them.
Anyone? I allready walked from Dawnstar to the next larger city and now am stuck in Winterhold :[

Xevren

GhaleonEB said:
Anyone know this? I'm sitting on around 40 potions, but only six show up when I try to sell them.

Where are you trying to sell them? Try and sell them at a specialty alchemy store, not every place will buy everything.

GhaleonEB

Hawkian said:
No sir. You need to find a fence.
That really sucks. Where's the Thieves Guild located? I have a fence to get.

I just did another test, and using the blacksmith's anvil in Solitude to make a silver necklace using silver I found in a dungeon resulted in the necklace tagged as stolen. I do not understand this.
Xevren said:
Where are you trying to sell them? Try and sell them at a specialty alchemy store, not every place will buy everything.
Alchemy store. As it turns out, only a few of my potions are not tagged as stolen, which is what they would buy.

The thought of having to trek to a fence after every house I loot to sell really took my enthusiasm down a few notches. That's a terrible mechanic and I thought it was amended in Skyrim.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
Man...the mages guild is so boring.

GhaleonEB said:
That really sucks. Where's the Thieves Guild located? I have a fence to get.

I just did another test, and using the blacksmith's anvil in Solitude to make a silver necklace using silver I found in a dungeon resulted in the necklace tagged as stolen. I do not understand this.

Thieves guild is in Riften.

Teknoman

BadTaste105 said:
None of my armour is enchanted, only made better through Blacksmithing. Do I have to learn Enchanting myself or can I find an enchanter to do it for me?

Also I've been looking for an enchanting table for ages now but haven't found one.

Isnt there one inside the Jarl's place in Whiterun?

Also can your party members have horses too? Feels strange riding all over with someone running behind me the whole way.

Darkgran

Walking down a path... two bandits come towards me... one swings... I dodge... he ends up sticking his axe into the other bandits face... she dies... I kill him.

Awesome.

ezekial45

Banned
Just to reiterate, which stats do the Health, Magicka, and Stamina attributes increase? I know that Stamina increases weight, for example, but is there anymore?

brentech

I'm liking 2h combat myself. Mainly using greatswords or a bow. I do play in 3rd person though. It's all about finding your weapon range and then using distance or side steps during your swing.

Was weird at first, but I've got the feel for it now. Oblivion I played in FP only because 3rd person was jacked. Most games I prefer 3rd though, because I like being able to see myself. Looking down in first person and not seeing you your feet is stupid to me. I'm sure many feel like 3rd person in an RPG is dumb though, but whatever.

Olivero

Question on property.
Can anyone tell me what I'm supposed to do with the Goldenglow Estate Bill of Sale? Can I own the property or do I have to give the Bill of Sale to someone?

Woorloog

Banned
ezekial45 said:
Just to reiterate, which stats do the Health, Magicka, and Stamina attributes increase? I know that Stamina increases weight, for example, but is there anymore?
None. Well their regen rates as well but not counting those, only Stamina increases derived attribute, encumbarance.

K.Sabot

bAJsk.png

Hayden Christiensen up in this bitch.

anakin-skywalker.jpg

zethren

Banned
Bought a house in Whiterun, but for some reason there's a small bedroom on the top floor with a bed that says "owned", and so I can't sleep in it. Who owns a bedroom in my own house!? That one tiny bedroom is nicer than the rest of my house, and I just get a junky bed across the room?

What the heck is going on with that? lol

OG Kush

Am I playing this right? I'm trying to level up my archery, my one handed combat, my destruction magic and my sneaking and thievery. I don't know if I'm focusing on too many skills..? I haven't even started any alchemy stuff yet. As in it is more effective just to concentrate on 2 or 3 skills?

GhaleonEB

I realized I asked a bunch of questions just now, but one last one: if I joint the Thieves' Guild, where will I be able to sell my stolen goods?

If I have to travel across the map just to sell, I'm going to abandon thieving and work a different strategy for loot accumulation. Solitude is about as far away from Riften as you can get and I'd like to know now whether it's worth the trek. A fence in every town would be ideal.

calder

UGH, just realized I wasted a perk point on dual cast healing. What a brutal choice, I'm sure I've never once and will never dual cast healing. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom