• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jubs

cartoon_soldier said:
No, you can't craft cloth gear.

Fuck. I put two points into smithing, thinking craftable mage gear was going to be available in the future.

Need a respec mod, asap.

Misanthropy said:
For whoever has done the Stormcloaks and the Imperial legion quests: Which one is better to join? Can I join both? I don't think so..... If not then which should I join? Which has more appeal to it?

If you are not a Nord don't join a Nord let rebellion that is all about driving non-Nords out of Skyrim...I haven't joined either yet but even as a Nord I am leaning towards Legion. But I hear joining Stormcloaks allows you to sack some towns...

Dizzy-4U

Unicorn said:
But you CAN enchant it to give properties that mage clothing has. Of course, after I got the final Mage robes from the College, there's little clothing/armor I can see myself ever needing. Just need to enchant some gloves and boots.
What are the stats of those?

mxgt

Banned
I can't remember the last time I was this overwhelmed by a game. 25 hours played, main quest barely started and it seems for every quest I finish I manage to pick up 2-3 more.

Love it

Yo Gotti said:
Is the house in Whiterun worth buying? I've got 8k gold to get and I'm thinking of buying a house.

No, save your money to spend on more useful things. You can get a place to call home for free through some quest lines and also by marrying somebody.

WhyMe6

Raxus said:
Help, anyone?

If this is anything like Oblivion, the more/heavier armour you wear, the greater the penalty to your magic. Ideally, wear robes, but only if you can protect yourself (i.e. alteration defensive spells + swapping to restoration blocking spells as attacked + conjured animals drawing aggro + potions etc.).

Trevelyon said:
Where's a kick arse bow that I can find/buy/steal relatively early? Finding this orc bow/orc arrow combo is really not cutting it anymore, I've reinforced it a bit, but it's not up to snuff in regards to the enemies I'm fighting now.

I've put most points into Arch/Sneak (lvl 12) so I wanna a bow to complement that long range/in the shadows bow man style.
The best unique bow that I have found came as part of one of the mid-late Dark Brotherhood missions.

MustacheBandit_ said:
No, save your money to spend on more useful things. You can get a place to call home for free through some quest lines and also by marrying somebody.
I'm sitting on a mountain of 25k gold at only level 22 with nothing to spend it on (and I've already bought two houses). Money is no object, especially after the final DB mission.

scotcheggz

Not really a spoiler, but anyone who has completed the dark brotherhood questline:

can shadowmere be killed? It just pretty much tanked a dragon whilst I just shot arrows into it, didn't die the whole fight so made me wonder. It is undead or something afterall.

WhyMe6 said:
If this is anything like Oblivion, the more/heavier armour you wear, the greater the penalty to your magic. Ideally, wear robes, but only if you can protect yourself (i.e. alteration defensive spells + swapping to restoration blocking spells as attacked + conjured animals drawing aggro + potions etc.).

From what I can tell, armor doesn't have any effect on the damage output of destruction magic, so I think it just hurts magicka regeneration.

Misanthropy said:
If I don't like the Thalmer then which one should I join, Stormcloaks or Imperials?

I'm pretty sure the Thalmer are the enemy of both factions, though the Stormcloaks seem to hate them more because of the whole Talos worship thing.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Politics of the game world rant ahead:

Joining the Stormcloaks hardcore. Fuck I hate the Imperials in this game, oppressive motherfuckers. I mean, we started on the wrong foot, trying to chop my head off just for being in the wrong place, but everywhere I go they're using their money to hire muscle and ruin everyone's lives and kill innocents. Even people loyal to the empire still hate it--unless they're ignorant, haughty elves.
I never liked elves in games. Never.
Also, how can they say Talos shouldn't be worshipped? If he's just a man and nothing special, how do his altars bless you like any of the others? Fuck that, I'm going to wreck your shit harder than any of the dragons. My people will be free!

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Game crashed on me, but that's probably a good thing since it's 2:30AM. I've played this game an ungodly amount of time today, but I could keep going on. I just joined the most exclusive faction in Tamrial and the assassination quests have been the best yet.

anyways, time for some shameless character pimping:

288936216a2d411cc57c9de9fd8e9b1969cb33de.jpg
5b028706117a1cf1802d2bc29dda3501a14b2261.jpg

with sneak and archery I'm essentially a sniper, my targets don't even get a chance to fight back

Zeliard

Hahah awesome, just removed the curse from Hircine's Ring and now I have seemingly unlimited Lycanthropy access. No longer a once a day thing.

It was puzzling for a minute since Hircine's Ring oddly shows up as its own power separate from Beast Form despite the fact that their function is identical, which is sort of dumb. They probably could have consolidated those two.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Misanthropy said:
If I don't like the Thalmer then which one should I join, Stormcloaks or Imperials?
Stormcloaks. Imperials & Thalmer want to banish the worship of Talos, and are essentially joined/allies as far as my understanding.

Lakitu

st5fu
Stormcloaks for me. Even though the Imperials tried to chop my head off in the opening, I was still on the fence until I was walking through the forest and bumped into some Imperial soldier who tried to scam money out of me (while I was working so hard to save for my house). I raged hard when he tried to do that and beat him to within an inch of his life.

Truant

Any good bows and daggers I should be chasing? I currently use a regular orcish dagger, and an upgraded Draugr bow I looted off a miniboss.

Chuck Norris said:
Why is my one handed sword style suddenly limited to level 20 when levelling up? Doing the last Companions mission

Is the stat in red? You might have caught some disease that's penalizing you. Go to a temple to remove it.

I had the same thing happen to me, though it was glitched and I couldn't get rid of it. I had to reload an earlier save.

Basileus777 said:
Is the stat in red? You might have caught some disease that's penalizing you. Go to a temple to remove it.

I had the same thing happen to me, though it was glitched and I couldn't get rid of it. I had to reload an earlier save.
But I thought you couldn't get diseases if you were a wearwolf

And yeah its in red

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Dice said:
Politics of the game world rant ahead:

Joining the Stormcloaks hardcore. Fuck I hate the Imperials in this game, oppressive motherfuckers. I mean, we started on the wrong foot, trying to chop my head off just for being in the wrong place, but everywhere I go they're using their money to hire muscle and ruin everyone's lives and kill innocents. Even people loyal to the empire still hate it--unless they're ignorant, haughty elves.
I never liked elves in games. Never.
Also, how can they say Talos shouldn't be worshipped? If he's just a man and nothing special, how do his altars bless you like any of the others? Fuck that, I'm going to wreck your shit harder than any of the dragons. My people will be free!

I was on the same page as you and joined the Stormcloaks. Now I kind of regret it. I can only recommend you progress the main story a bit, as well as visit Solitude before deciding which faction to join.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Gr1mLock said:
i just did the blood ritual with the companions. Fuckin bad asss.
Yea, that shit was fucking crazy. One of my favorite moments, it's all so very "waht the hell, you sure we need to be doing this??"

Zeliard

Chuck Norris said:
But I thought you couldn't get diseases if you were a wearwolf

And yeah its in red

Go check Active Effects under the Magic menu. As a werewolf you do (or should) have 100% immunity to disease so it's probably something else.

Zeliard said:
Go check Active Effects under the Magic menu. As a werewolf you do (or should) have 100% immunity to disease so it's probably something else.
I checked that theres no negative effects on me and I tried a remove all diseases potion anyway which did nothing

Chuck Norris said:
I checked that theres no negative effects on me and I tried a remove all diseases potion anyway which did nothing
You have the same problem I did then. I couldn't find a way to fix it. I caught whatever it is after fighting one of those ghost guardians/animal spirits. I figured it was a glitch and reloaded an earlier save.

Antagon

Zefah said:
I was on the same page as you and joined the Stormcloaks. Now I kind of regret it. I can only recommend you progress the main story a bit, as well as visit Solitude before deciding which faction to join.
I don't want to join either faction. The imperials tried to cut off my head in the beginning and the stormcloaks are assholes.

Not only xenophobic, but even oppressive against the original inhabitants of Markath.

Guess I'll go with imperials in the end. Being an elf, the stormcloaks would hate me anyway.

Zefah said:

What makes you say that? The only thing that's holding me back from joining the Stormcloaks is that I'm likening them to the Libyan rebels we have now. Sure they say they're fighting for democracy, but as soon as you give them power (which they now have) they will abuse (which they already have. Ethnic killings, etc.). I know I shouldn't compare a fictional civil war to an actual one but I have that vibe from the Stormcloaks. I don't know who to join!

I'm going to kill something.

I started and played my game for the past 3 days at my brother's place on his PS3. Copied the save file onto a USB stick and got home to continue playing.

It lets me load the game on my PS3.

It won't let me save it.

The save file is owned by another user, it says.

Going. To. Kill.

If there is any way to remedy this, please let me know. I'm doubting there is though.

pyros

XxCGSxX said:
Again how the heck do I recharge enchanted weapons? I'm confused I need soul gems but I don't know how they work! :'(

Not sure if any one answered you're question, thread moving too fast, anyway stock some filled soul gems in your inventory, filled ones should say i.e. 'greater soul gem(greater)' then go to weapon field and highlight your weapon to be charged, bottom left you should see press R to charge, pressing R will bring up a sub menu asking which soul gem in the inventory you want to use, you don't need enchanting table for this, but do get enchanting points

JambiBum

So I need some help with the bards college quest line. I have done the three collection quests and turned them in. Got the bonuses. Except the items are still in my inventory and the miscellaneous quest to investigate the college is still there. Is this supposed to happen?

Nafai1123

Banned
MisterAnderson said:
If you come across a new companion, and you choose to "part ways" with the current one in order to have the other one, will they just go back to wherever I "recruited" them and can always go back to tell them to follow me again?

With Lydia, yes. She will still have all your gear too.

K2Valor said:
Stormcloaks. Imperials & Thalmer want to banish the worship of Talos, and are essentially joined/allies as far as my understanding.
I joined the Imperials, but I'm goading every Thalmor I see into attacking me. If they're preparing for a war, so should the Empire. I don't trust those sneaky High Elves.

Derrick01 said:
Oh man I just started a quest where I got a chance to talk to none other than
Sheogorath
again!!! Can't wait to see where this leads tomorrow, but they're using the same voice actor and everything.
That quest was one of my favorites in the game, so far. Amazing.

Misanthropy said:
What makes you say that? The only thing that's holding me back from joining the Stormcloaks is that I'm likening them to the Libyan rebels we have now. Sure they say they're fighting for democracy, but as soon as you give them power (which they now have) they will abuse (which they already have. Ethnic killings, etc.). I know I shouldn't compare a fictional civil war to an actual one but I have that vibe from the Stormcloaks. I don't know who to join!
Empire, bro. Empire. Maybe I'm just feeling nostalgia for the Empire's golden days during Morrowind and Oblivion, but those damned Stormcloaks won't succeed if I have anything to do with it. :lol

Mike Works said:

I started and played my game for the past 3 days at my brother's place. Copied the save file onto a USB stick and got home to continue playing.

It lets me load the game.

It won't let me save it.

Going. To. Kill.

If there is any way to remedy this, please let me know. I'm doubting there is though.

You might need to give read/write access to your PC user to the save file in Windows.

Wallach

Snuggler said:
Game crashed on me, but that's probably a good thing since it's 2:30AM. I've played this game an ungodly amount of time today, but I could keep going on. I just joined the most exclusive faction in Tamrial and the assassination quests have been the best yet.

Man I didn't do shit today except play Skyrim. I can't believe how fucking good the environment is in this game. Almost 30 hours in and I've covered maybe 20% of the land mass. Every inch I've covered on foot and haven't even the slightest inclination to do otherwise.

I'm pretty sure this is the best game.

I just have to say... the music in this game is absolutely incredible. Some of the best music I've ever heard in my life. Just absolutely spectacular! I'm sitting in
Whiterun
on a mission to
attack a dragon on the Jarl's order
and as I am walking through the city, this gentle, soothing serenade carefully plays in the background. In just so few notes, it exudes so much emotion... The music alone could carry this game.

I want the soundtrack... so bad.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Mike Works said:

I started and played my game for the past 3 days at my brother's place. Copied the save file onto a USB stick and got home to continue playing.

It lets me load the game.

It won't let me save it.

Going. To. Kill.

I got mad just reading that..jeez..

Atomski

Noob question, is there any way to release an arrow without shooting it? I hate when I pull it back and then have no need to shoot. End up just pointing down and shooting the ground in front of me. Sometimes I can get the arrow back sometimes not..

Sorry, I forgot to clarify, I'm playing it on a PS3.

I can load the game just fine, but once I do, it tells me that I won't get any trophies (which I don't care about) and I won't be able to save the game since it's owned by, I guess, my brother.

Three days of progress seemingly lost.

Nocebo

Atomski said:
Noob question, is there any way to release an arrow without shooting it? I hate when I pull it back and then have no need to shoot. End up just pointing down and shooting the ground in front of me. Sometimes I can get the arrow back sometimes not..
Press the holster weapon button. It won't holster your weapon when you've got an arrow drawn it will instead just put your bow back in neutral. Happy hunting! ;D

mxgt

Banned
MeBecomingI said:
I just have to say... the music in this game is absolutely incredible. Some of the best music I've ever heard in my life. Just absolutely spectacular! I'm sitting in
Whiterun
on a mission to
and as I am walking through the city, this gentle, soothing serenade carefully plays in the background. In just so few notes, it exudes so much emotion... The music alone could carry this game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iQXupDqGlY

So good, could just stand in towns and listen to this for hours

MeBecomingI said:
Whiterun
on a mission to

C9gJy.jpg

Gimme nao.

KorrZ said:
TLDR: I have about 500 Magicka and +290% Magicka Regen and I haven't even got the dual enchants perk yet, that'll be fun :)
Holy motherfucking shit.

KorrZ

Wow, my mage is an unstoppable beast right now :) Item Name spoils:
I'm rocking Morekei's Mask +100% Regen, Arch-Mage Robes, -15% to all spell casting, +50 magicka, +100% Regen, Thalmor Gloves, enchanted to give +60 Magicka, Savos Aren's Amulet +50 Magicka, and a ring of +40% regen as well as the +50% Regen perk from restoration.

TLDR: I have about 500 Magicka and +290% Magicka Regen and I haven't even got the dual enchants perk yet, that'll be fun :)

Zeliard

Marcurio is a badass. :p Dude just looks awesome - sporting a fire spell in one hand and a lightning spell in the other - and he has a habit of pulverizing fools with his lightning attacks in particular. I'll be fighting someone else and out of nowhere I'll see some crackling blue body flying across the screen.

It's fun going around with a fellow mage. Our battles are like a fireworks display. Can't wait till I fight a dragon with this guy. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom