• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
SpeedingUptoStop said:
Blah pretty tired and I can't figure out how to get out of the Ratways. Done for the night, hopefully somebody can help with what I described above.

Oh....

I'm on 360. -_-
I'm in the same place and the game is falling into bug city for me between that and the Thieves Guild. He actually opened the door up after I left, went outside, fast traveled somewhere and came back in to check on him. He still won't have any voice, so you have to prompt him during some cutscenes or whatever but you can progress with him in this state. When you go to lead him outside he might run into a corner and just get stuck there, but just keep going outside, fast travel to where you need to be and he'll be there with you.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Dance In My Blood said:
I'm in the same place and the game is falling into bug city for me between that and the Thieves Guild. He actually opened the door up after I left, went outside, fast traveled somewhere and came back in to check on him. He still won't have any voice, so you have to prompt him during some cutscenes or whatever but you can progress with him in this state. When you go to lead him outside he might run into a corner and just get stuck there, but just keep going outside, fast travel to where you need to be and he'll be there with you.
Wait, how do you leave?? That's all I care about is just getting out of the damn Ratways.

sixghost

I just randomly found a thief corpse lying in the street in Riften. I have no idea if this was part of some quest, but he had a ton of valuable stuff on him.

I'm seriously paranoid now that I was just set-up/framed for something.
SpeedingUptoStop said:
Wait, how do you leave?? That's all I care about is just getting out of the damn Ratways.
Can you make your way back to the main areas of the Thieves Guild? There's a 2nd exit out of that place via a ladder in the large circular area.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
SpeedingUptoStop said:
Yeah, sucks down there. You can leave by just going the way you came in. If you can't find that, make your active quest one that leads you outside, and follow the arrow. When you exit the bar take an immediate right and go over the wooden bridge and you should be out.

Aesius

This game is overwhelming with how much stuff there is to see and do. I'm at least 20 hours in and I feel like I haven't even scratched the surface...of the surface. I haven't done a single main quest or joined any guild at all. I've just been wandering around and going into random dungeons and doing miscellaneous quests. I think I may end up with 200 hours played on my first character alone.

GhaleonEB

SpeedingUptoStop said:
I just got out of there, running around in a loop forever. There's a bridge you need to extend. There's a stairway down that leads to an expert level locked gate. To the left of that is a way forward, with wooden bridge raised. Don't jump down - there's a switch on the wall that will lower the bridge. That's the way out.

My question is, how do I join the Thieves Guild? I found them (and cleared out the rest of the place, before and after them) but can't figure out how to join.

Hey guys just finished Uncharted so i,m looking for a new game, this looks tempting...I,m in the mood for an RPG, but should I pick this up or the witcher 2?

TheExodu5

Banned
I feel silly...a thief decked out in Dragonscale.

0BC9C3D9B89725157B931C8E1CF1C985C5D05638

Also, just for laughs, this is how shitty Dragonplate looks:

92F388EF87755D68F37EA75FC7B455F8F9A990EB

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
ChocolatePuddin said:
Hey guys just finished Uncharted so i,m looking for a new game, this looks tempting...I,m in the mood for an RPG, but should I pick this up or the witcher 2?

Both, but I'd get this now while everyone is in excitement mode. You really do need to play both, though.

styl3s

Now level 11 with doing a conjure/battle mage and im loving it now that i have conjure leveled up a bunch.

Also using heavy armor and i know it uses more inventory(carry) space but i like the extra defense.

Fahrenheit said:
Anyone late game tell me if light armour is worth it? Going magic/one handed
Just go heavy armor if you don't feel comfortable late game, that's what i did with my conjure/battlemage.

until i can find a good sword that does more then my conjured sword w/ double dmg perk i just use that and fire/ice in my left, nobody ever takes more then 10-20% damage off me against multiple people.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Last call, AMD 6950 or 6970 needed to test a potential performance enhancing fix. I've posted about it in the PC performance thread if you want to know what I'm talking about.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
sixghost said:
I just randomly found a thief corpse lying in the street in Riften. I have no idea if this was part of some quest, but he had a ton of valuable stuff on him.

I'm seriously paranoid now that I was just set-up/framed for something.

Can you make your way back to the main areas of the Thieves Guild? There's a 2nd exit out of that place via a ladder in the large circular area.
Oh hell. There was a ladder the whole time?? I would've never went into that place if I found that :(

Anyways, storytime guys! I showed up in Riften just to check shit out. Went around talking to people, all very cool, like the back story going on and stuff, lots of intrigue. Anyways, I went to the orphanage guys. Apparently there's a bitch running this place. I didn't need much evidence to determine this. Her death was spelled out in the despair on those children's faces. I knew what I had to do.

I told Lydia, stay here. You don't want to see this (I'm still not sure if I can steal shit in front of her, don't want to test it). Anyways, I go into this Olga the Kind's room or whatever this wench's name is and close the door behind me. I take out my Greatsword and in two swift swipes, she was done for. The children heard the screams and ran in saw what had happened, they rejoiced. I left feeling better for them. The game didn't even register this instance as a murder in my stats page. I feel like I did the right thing guys, nobody even wants to arrest me. This is one of my first acts of Skyrim spontaneity, I hope this won't come back to bite me.

Derrick01

Banned
Oh man I just started a quest where I got a chance to talk to none other than
Sheogorath
again!!! Can't wait to see where this leads tomorrow, but they're using the same voice actor and everything.

Zefah said:
Both, but I'd get this now while everyone is in excitement mode. You really do need to play both, though.

Ok cool I,ll pick it up, is the PC version getting the same praise as the xbox version? its not buggy to hell or anything?

bj00rn_

Banned
The game was basically glitch free for the first hours. But now I experience more and more, more often. Not a big deal really, I didn't expect a game of this scale to be perfect, but good thing the game has three autosaves..

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
ChocolatePuddin said:
Ok cool I,ll pick it up, is the PC version getting the same praise as the xbox version? its not buggy to hell or anything?

PC version is great, in my opinion.

-GOUKI-

ChocolatePuddin said:
As someone who thought Witcher 2 is GOTY before Skyrim, i say get Skyrim.

styl3s

Derrick01 said:
Oh man I just started a quest where I got a chance to talk to none other than
Sheogorath
again!!! Can't wait to see where this leads tomorrow, but they're using the same voice actor and everything.
CHEESE! FOR EVERYONE!

Not an actual spoiler that has anything to do with this game or your quest, although spoils who derrick is talking about. incase people are afraid to look.

reggie

Banned
I'm not really feeling this game, mechanically it's a better game than Oblivion, but I feel like I've already been there done that.

Anteater

Think I'll mess around with enchanting today.

I've been thinking would enemies become too tough if I level my crafting too much? Enemies scale with your levels right?

Level 14 Male Nord, specializing in 2H weapons, heavy armour, and a smattering of archery. I just used a perk so that when I do a power attack, I have a chance to roll a
critical with 25% extra damage and a decapitation.
I guess Bethesda learned something after making Fallout 3.

I had my first Hagraven fight; my word, those buggers are tough. I managed to wait out his destruction attacks, run in, and being then out of ideas just used whatever shout I had equipped. It happened to be the
upgraded push back one
, which sent said Hagraven flying off a cliff to a quick death. Lucky, since I'm pretty sure he would have otherwise killed me it 1-2 hits, like he just had my horse. :*[

Sarcasm

So I have played for like...15 hours

I haven't left the second town whiteharl or something.

Question,
if at the start I followed the legion dude can I still join stormcloaks?

Eusis said:
Just because you've been luckier doesn't mean it isn't. I've had 3 CTDs so far alongside the more amusing bugs like floating mammoths, two of them today too. I don't mind as a rare occurrence, but if it's going to be more frequent I may want to wait a bit.
Floating mammoths are what I would term as unpolished. Bugs are things that are gamebreaking, like quests not working or the game crashing. I can't recall the last PC game I was able to play for 30 hours without any serious issues whatsoever.

Anteater said:
Think I'll mess around with enchanting today.

I've been thinking would enemies become too tough if I level my crafting too much? Enemies scale with your levels right?

It doesn't scale as much as Oblivion, but it is there. You'll face higher ranked enemies (ie bandit chiefs instead of bandits) and they'll have better equipment when you are a higher level. But you'll probably be fine unless you over-level your non combat abilities to some extreme amount.

Sarcasm said:
Question,
if at the start I followed the legion dude can I still join stormcloaks?
You can if it's the other way around, so I'm pretty sure you can. The other path doesn't get closed off until you officially join one of the groups.

killed my first random dragon today. Kited him around to a group of bandits to distract him while a friendly wandering npc and I shot arrows at him from afar.

I think he kind of glitched for a bit because he just stood there taking our arrows even after he made short work of all the bandits.

Not complaining though. No way I could have taken him down otherwise.

As much as I love the game, I wish they explained a few of the systems better. When I enchant a new object do I get less XP if I use a petty soul gem. I want to grind out a few levels but don't want to waste the good stuff.

bonesmccoy said:
Level 14 Male Nord, specializing in 2H weapons, heavy armour, and a smattering of archery. I just used a perk so that when I do a power attack, I have a chance to roll a
critical with 25% extra damage and a decapitation.
I guess Bethesda learned something after making Fallout 3.

I had my first Hagraven fight; my word, those buggers are tough. I managed to wait out his destruction attacks, run in, and being then out of ideas just used whatever shout I had equipped. It happened to be the
upgraded push back one
, which sent said Hagraven flying off a cliff to a quick death. Lucky, since I'm pretty sure he would have otherwise killed me it 1-2 hits, like he just had my horse. :*[
If you're struggling with magic users, look into picking up the Guardian Stone of the Atronach. It gives you 50% magic damage absorption, which is not only reduction of damage, but it also channels it into your magicka pool. It's absurdly good. The Lord Stone is another possibility, but I haven't used it yet so I don't know what the mechanics of damage reduction are.

This is a list of all the stones. It doesn't have all the locations, but you can probably find them elsewhere on the internet:

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Guardian_Stone

Sarcasm

Basileus777 said:
You can if it's the other way around, so I'm pretty sure you can. The other path doesn't get closed off until you officially join one of the groups.

Awesome,
whats a good wiki to use to see where to go to change my mind to stormcloaks?

Trevelyon

Where's a kick arse bow that I can find/buy/steal relatively early? Finding this orc bow/orc arrow combo is really not cutting it anymore, I've reinforced it a bit, but it's not up to snuff in regards to the enemies I'm fighting now.

I've put most points into Arch/Sneak (lvl 12) so I wanna a bow to complement that long range/in the shadows bow man style.

RobbieNick

I'll be honest, I wasn't a big fan of Oblivion. got lost really easy and didn't enjoy myself. But, the reviews on this one were so high, so I gave it a two day rental from Redbox. I had enough time in my busy workweek to get about 4-6 hours in and I must say...

I HAVE TO BUY THIS GAME!!

It's so immersive! So beautiful! So well scripted! So...so...fun and engaging! It's one of the est RPG's I've ever played and it truly feels like your crafting your own story. It really won me over.

Clevinger

lowhighkang_LHK said:
Thanks. I went to Riverwood to meet his sister but I can't find him.

I liked Ralof *sadface*

He's in her house. It might be labeled as "Hod's house" or something like that, since she, Hod, and Ralof share the place. He's always in there in my game.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
If I join the Stormcloaks can I still go to the Imperial city? (forgot what it's called)

K2Valor said:
If I join the Stormcloaks can I still go to the Imperial city? (forgot what it's called)

Yes, you can still go to Solitude or any city. Other than closing off the legion quests, it doesn't even seem like any of the quest givers or npcs take notice in any meaningful way.

Misanthropy said:
For whoever has done the Stormcloaks and the Imperial legion quests: Which one is better to join? Can I join both? I don't think so..... If not then which should I join? Which has more appeal to it?
You can't join both. I haven't done the Legion questline, but they are probably pretty much mirror opposites of each other.
You are essentially waging war and taking over towns/forts the other faction holds.

Unicorn

cartoon_soldier said:
No, you can't craft cloth gear.
But you CAN enchant it to give properties that mage clothing has. Of course, after I got the final Mage robes from the College, there's little clothing/armor I can see myself ever needing. Just need to enchant some gloves and boots.

For whoever has done the Stormcloaks and the Imperial legion quests: Which one is better to join? Can I join both? I don't think so..... If not then which should I join? Which has more appeal to it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom