• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drazgul

neorej said:
How the hell do you cure Ataxia?

Use Defexia.
sorry

And wow, the smithing skill-ups are kinda dumb. At 50 skill you get the same increase from a puny iron dagger than you'd get from a dwarven armor? Ok then.

Ketch

3chopl0x said:
My smithing is currently at 50, need to get it up fast, what should I be making? money is not an issue.

iron daggers and leather bracers worked best for me... seems that no matter what you make the bar fills up the same and those two things take the least amount of cheapest materials to make so knock yourself out... that's what I do, I'm at 70 smithing atm.

DoctorZ

Can anyone explain how the magic effects on weapons affect damage?

For example. lets say I have

A: 20 dmg +5 ice dmg
B: 16 dmg + 10 shock dmg

Is this simple math of A=25 and B=26?
I guess what I mean is...Is the damage sealt to enemies exactly what the weapons description says it is, or do stats affect them in ways that aren't shown? I know the weapon dmg and armor show scaled values as stats increase, but just want to make sure I know what I am doing dmg wise.

Not considering enemy resist or speed of weapon (axe vs sword).

Blue Ninja said:
So, what's that exploit for smithing? I want to smith Daedric weapons and armor. :(

Just do what above post says. Go to blacksmith buy all their leather, strips, iron, etc. and smith a bunch of low level items. Sell them back to blacksmith. Repeat whenever your near a blacksmith again or have a bunch of hides, ore, etc. I went from 15 to 40 in one trip, cost about 500 gold.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Well it seems I've encountered a BUG and I can't start the mage college questline.

I talked to the woman who was supposed to show me around the grounds and in the middle of the conversation a dragon came out of nowhere and started to attack me. I had to exit out of the conversation b/c I was taking damage. The woman started to fight the dragon too. After the fight was over I went back to talk to her but she keeps telling me "lets talk after I'm finished showing you the grounds". Problem is, she isn't showing me anything. She is just walking the normal route that her AI is programmed to do. I've followed her for 2 complete loops already. I've tried exiting the area and sleeping/waiting to see if it resets but it doesn't.

Also, I finished the main quest. The story telling is much better in this on than in Oblivion but I still can't stand the world of Skyrim. I much prefered Cyrodil. Everything in this game seems to be designed to make it as difficult as possible to get from one point to another. There are freaking mountains everywhere and I'm pretty sick of the snow at this point. Hopefully they will release mods on PC that change the weather.

rakhir

Blue Ninja said:
So, what's that exploit for smithing? I want to smith Daedric weapons and armor. :(
Daedric stuff is tricky, since everything needs
Daedra Heart
that's hard to get, and is probably a rather rare ingridient overall.

Aegus

Been itching to go and play this all day while at work. Was about to switch off yesterday when I noticed a hatch at Winterhold. Next thing I know I'm exploring dark spooky caverns under the College filled with creepy experiments.

Is it part of a mage quest?

Ostinatto

OMG this game, cant stop playing it

dat story !!!!

jt1dex.jpg

this game is beautyfull
two hand weapon rogue = win :)

Anteater

man I wish the game isn't so laggy, it's pretty much rarely at 30fps whenever there're any kind of weather effects or fog on the ps3.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Hawkian said:
Ah man, still getting these bizarre random fps drops where I have to alt-tab or reload my save. Don't get it :(
I've got that issue too somtimes but I can only save it by restarting the game :(!

Mastadon

Banned
Seriously, I'm sitting at working planning out what I'm going to be doing in Skyrim tonight. I don't think I've ever been this in to a game before.

sogood.gif

zlatko

Banned
Mastadon said:
Seriously, I'm sitting at working planning out what I'm going to be doing in Skyrim tonight. I don't think I've ever been this in to a game before.

sogood.gif

Best part is you'll get 1/10th of what you had set out to do accomplished, because of how easy it is to find 20394820 new quests just doing 1 other one.

This game is quite the experience.

Audioboxer

Playing as a thief, but I might start going warrior. I absolutely suck at anything outside of stealth combat (opening up with a sneak arrow shot), wielding two daggers just doesn't seem to cut it. Also, probably need to get a shield, when multiple enemies come to town I get squashed.

Mastadon

Banned
zlatko said:
Best part is you'll get 1/10th of what you had set out to do accomplished, because of how easy it is to find 20394820 new quests just doing 1 other one.

This game is quite the experience.

No kidding, I'm like 18 hours or so in and the only place I've been in terms of cities is Whiterun! GOTF.

Jintor

Damn, that drinking quest in Whiterun has an ending that makes me slap my head and go "Goddamnit why didn't I see this coming"

GenericUser

quest wants me to go to
rifton
(I am in
whiterun
)

tried it 5 times to make my way

1st time - halfway there, killed by a
giant
2nd time - halfway there, killed by a
witch
3rd time - halfway there, killed by a
sabre tooth tiger
4th time - halfway there, killed by a
frost spider
5th time - finally reached
rifton
, see friendly npc's, holster my weapon thinking "finally, i did it!", suddenly,
a dragon appears, sets some houses on fire. I'am running for my life, get killed instead - again

I can't describe how much I love this game. Overwhelmingly fun.

zlatko

Banned
Mastadon said:
No kidding, I'm like 18 hours or so in and the only place I've been in terms of cities is Whiterun! GOTF.

25 hours and it's all Whiterun for me too. The only time I ended up in different town was talking to some guy in White Run got me wasted, and I woke up in an entirely different town.

Twas some good Mead.

Crazetex

I feel like my first character has been too addicted to crafting, and it has caused too many level-ups. I'm a L21 paladin-type and can kill trolls only just barely. A Chaurus just destroyed me.

Oh well, I'm having fun anyway!

Jintor

sponk said:
quest wants me to go to
rifton
(I am in
whiterun
)

tried it 5 times to make my way

1st time - halfway there, killed by a
giant
2nd time - halfway there, killed by a
witch
3rd time - halfway there, killed by a
sabre tooth tiger
4th time - halfway there, killed by a
frost spider
5th time - finally reached
rifton
, see friendly npc's, holster my weapon thinking "finally, i did it!", suddenly,
a dragon appears, sets some houses on fire. I'am running for my life, get killed instead - again

I can't describe how much I love this game. Overwhelmingly fun.

Fucking lol'd

I loved oblivion but never finished it due to clunky controls and what felt like cheating AI leveling, fallout 3 however was amazing for me, is skyrim another leap forward outside of it's nice visuals?

videos show that the 3rd person camera is better and actually usable this time around.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
K2Valor said:
The clue is in a book in the room. Read the books. That should help!

A little slow to respond (regarding Ansilvund), but thank you! I thought I read the books, but I must have skipped over one thinking it was already in my inventory! Woops...Ha.

Hugs

I've got a question about the Talos blessing. You get 0% decrease in Shout cooldown. How does one make this an actual worthwhile blessing?

So some guy volunteered to go to the elder tree (forgot actual name) on the way there a dragon attacks and kills him, now I am wanted in whiterun for his death wtf lol Not my fault he got burnt.

Arjen

Jintor said:
Damn, that drinking quest in Whiterun has an ending that makes me slap my head and go "Goddamnit why didn't I see this coming"

Where do you get that quest? Sounds like fun.

jonno394

Bit of advice needed guys.

I’m playing a level ten warrior. Mostly sneak attack with bow and then sword and shield combat. Rarely use magic. Struggle in combat against groups of enemies when one or more is magic attacking me so I want to improve some skills that would allow me to be more resistant to magic. Is there any you’d recommend or should I just exploit the crafting thing and the ability to make better armour?

Chris_C

2/3rds of the stress I feel playing this game comes from trying to figure out what to do/where to dump the trillions of ingredients, random items of food, armor and weapons I've picked up before I head off on a new quest.

Dries

Crap... You can't buy the wireless recieving thingies for the Xbox controller to PC anymore..... Is there ANY other way I can connect my 360 controller without it?

Dries said:
Crap... You can't buy the wireless recieving thingies for the Xbox controller to PC anymore..... Is there ANY other way I can connect my 360 controller without it?
I bought a knock off one for £6.50 on ebay, works flawless and uses the official drivers too.

kottila

Where is that drinking competition everyone is going on about? haven't run into it yet and I think I've been everywhere in Riften and whiterun

BadTaste

This Mace is pretty awesome -

screenshot12ol.jpg

Also Ebony armour looks cool -

screenshot11re.jpg

Speaking of Ebony... does anybody know a good place where I can mine for Ebony Ore?

So far I've only bought the ore/ingots from Merchants.

zlatko

Banned
kottila said:
Where is that drinking competition everyone is going on about? haven't run into it yet and I think I've been everywhere in Riften and whiterun

Check the inn in Whiterun is where I found the man.

kottila

DantesWrath said:
do the thieves guild side jobs (numbers, burglary, etc) ever end?

aren't they infinite? I just activate two missions and then do them when I happen to be in the cities where they take place

This game has taken me over...it has taken everyone I know over. I thought my playtime of 18 hours in one weekend was terrible, until I looked at my friends on steam and their playtime. Even today at work my coworkers who game are telling me the same thing. Bethesda has found a way to market crack and make it legal to sell
LLShC.gif

On that note I need to finish work so I can leave and play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom