• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drewsky

My PS3 seems to be hating it in the swamps around Solitude. Framerate is pretty bad.

I'm complaining too much. This game is fantastic.

Anyone have any data on Armor Rating and what the damage mitigation is? I've done some searches, but can't seem to find anything. I know that Armor Rating goes up or can go up with perks, but I am wondering where the diminishing returns are...

Re-asking for this page, sorry... I'm super curious if anyone has any data / theories.

r1chard

30 hours in and I discover, by accident (looking through perks), that you can sprint.

Bound to goddamn ALT like the developers don't WANT it to be used. I mean seriously, who's actually able to reasonably contort their fingers on a WASD layout to hit ALT in a pinch to sprint?!?

Re-bound to SHIFT because, really, who the fuck actually WANTS to walk around?

Given all the other niggles (like the godawful menu interaction on PC) I really wonder whether any devs actually played the game on a PC.

But enough of that. I have 6 shouts now, and I'm kicking ass. Actually, the dragon fights are starting to get easy. I'm still completely owned by some other fights, so I'm sure the dragons will start getting harder soon too :)

Actually, I should check what difficulty level I'm playing on. I actually have no idea..

Completely loving the detail and variation in the dungeons.

Lyonaz

Deified Data said:
Did he maul you?
Yeah, all you guys saying dragons are easy, but that damn Blood Dragon was bitchslapping me around and I don't even have trouble with killing trolls and bears. :(

Combine

Banned
Are there any books inside the game that go into detail what happened in the 200 years between Oblivion and Skyrim?

There's a lot of interesting events that just blew my mind (especially when thinking back to Morrowind) about how the island of Vvardenfel is near uninhabitable and that the Argonians apparently drove the Dunmer into exile (karma?).

Or do you have to buy the two Novels that are out to get the gist of things?

Blizzard

Banned
With sprint rebound to shift, can you do a running jump? It didn't work with alt but I didn't know if that was because of a keyboard combination problem.

Lebron

Damn, 360 version has started hanging up on me whenever I try to exit a door into Skyrim. Grrr, maybe it a sign to put the game down lol

narcosis219 said:
Yeah, it was written in the journal of the dude who you got the claw off of. Lol.

And about that :
who the fuck writes the passcode on the goddamn key. WTF. best security measure ever.

Well apparently it kept a lot of people on GAF guessing, so maybe it's a stronger measure than any of us expected :)

okay i'm near level 4 now, i have the Dragon Claw and the first word of power, and on the main quest it says to find the owner of the Dragon Claw, where is the owner ?

Lyonaz said:
Yeah, all you guys saying dragons are easy, but that damn Blood Dragon was bitchslapping me around and I don't even have trouble with killing trolls and bears. :(
Fought a Blood before work today. He killed me a good 4, 5 times. I'd get him on the ropes and he'd just Om Nom me to death. It's terrifying when they give up on the prospect of escape, and just go into berserker mode of just running around on the ground, snapping at your heels. GAF, dragons get better. Or worse, depending on your viewpoint.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I just confirmed with a friend that is also playing that the Dragons are likely different levels you are facing. It depends on their colors and name. He theorized that the dragons also tied to one place are generally more powerful.

Those dragons you find in the wild that come out of nowhere are usually at whelp type levels. That's why they are so easy to take down.

Keasar

Trojita said:
I just confirmed with a friend that is also playing that the Dragons are likely different levels you are facing. It depends on their colors and name. He theorized that the dragons also tied to one place are generally more powerful.

Those dragons you find in the wild that come out of nowhere are usually at whelp type levels. That's why they are so easy to take down.
I think so too, the dragons that attack me randomly go down pretty easy, while one at a dragonyardthingiewingie pretty much took 10 times as long to bring down.

Also, when are they planning on releasing the Creation Kit? I wanna try my hands on modding, and then I desperatly want a mod to do away with this horrible user interface. Seriously Bethesda, BAD! BAD UI design!

Zeliard

Deified Data said:
Fought a Blood before work today. He killed me a good 4, 5 times. I'd get him on the ropes and he'd just Om Nom me to death. It's terrifying when they give up on the prospect of escape, and just go into berserker mode of just running around on the ground, snapping at your heels. GAF, dragons get better. Or worse, depending on your viewpoint.

Play on Master and even the basic ones offer a decent enough challenge. I watch vids of people fighting dragons and it looks laughable - they basically just sit there and tank the dragon, obviously playing no higher than the normal difficulty. I imagine that's how the experience for many of you is. Up that difficulty.

cnizzle06

Banned
Ugh, I need to upgrade my house in Whiterun to have the alchemy table, but the dude is no longer giving me the option to upgrade.

Bethesda, your glitches got me again you kidders!

wit3tyg3r

Trojita said:

Here is a simple table that shows the various types of dragons (unnamed), their colors, attack/defense stats etc:

http://uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Creatures#Dragons

Lyonaz

Bukana said:
My friend told me there is an update he got (1.02), I didn't get it, tried deleting the data on my PS3 hard drive , I only got the 1.01 patch.

What to do Skyrims !?
The only update I have for the PS3 version is 2.00 about 58MB.

Well in case anyone was wondering if getting spell cost reduced by 100% in a given school would allow you to cast those spells literally for free, the answer is yes. Kind of regretting all those points in magicka now; well still need it to heal I guess. HAHAHAHA

Oh yeah those spell cost perks are meaningless now too; this is a bit much. But awesome.

Holy fuck.

I was level 34 pickpocket. Equipped my Thieves Guild upgraded boots (+25% to pickpocket).

Went to Haelga's Bunkhouse in Riften. Pickpocketed people while they slept for less than 2 minutes.

In those 2 minutes, I went from lvl 34 pickpocket to lvl 43. :| God damn

Manus

Anyone else have a lot of trouble with the
bone dragon and all the skeletons in the dungeon where you're looking for the staff of magnus?
I was only level 12 at the time, but it took a couple tries to get through.

cnizzle06

Banned
I gotta say, I'm impressed with what they achieved with the ps3 version. The frames started to get choppy yesterday, but I think that's because I was playing it like all damn day. That or a memory leak. In either case, it's running smooth as butter today.

herzogzwei1989 said:
okay i'm near level 4 now, i have the Dragon Claw and the first word of power, and on the main quest it says to find the owner of the Dragon Claw, where is the owner ?

There should be a shopkeeper in the nearest town (Riverwood or something I think?) who is the owner, you must have gone to the dungeon before speaking to him I guess.

Someone said earlier there was a female necromancer companion you can pick up near Riften, anyone know what her name is? Might be the perfect companion for my next character I plan on making.

Wallach

cnizzle06 said:
Ugh, I need to upgrade my house in Whiterun to have the alchemy table, but the dude is no longer giving me the option to upgrade.

Bethesda, your glitches got me again you kidders!

I think someone said if you wait until mid day he'll have those options again. Something about not being able to buy upgrades from him at certain times of the day.

mik83kuu

Banned
Played for 35 hours and starting a new dude for the fourth time. I still love this game so much!

I'm going to go back to being a thief and I might cave in and level up a few times and get tons of monies by just pickpocketing, stealing, stealthing and I guess some smithing. Just to get a head start towards the levels I'm at right now.

balddemon

Banned
SquirrelNuckle said:
Anyone else have a lot of trouble with the
bone dragon and all the skeletons in the dungeon where you're looking for the staff of magnus?
I was only level 12 at the time, but it took a couple tries to get through.

i'm about to go through that place
labrynthian
right? i'm lvl 16 almost 17. i'll let you know. i had a hell of a time with the first dungeon in this quest line too lol

edit: how long is the 2nd dungeon compared to the first? the first one took me way longer than i expected.

BoobPhysics101 said:
Holy fuck.

I was level 34 pickpocket. Equipped my Thieves Guild upgraded boots (+25% to pickpocket).

Went to Haelga's Bunkhouse in Riften. Pickpocketed people while they slept for less than 2 minutes.

In those 2 minutes, I went from lvl 34 pickpocket to lvl 43. :| God damn
I think the scaling to leveling Pickpocket is too easy.

Varna

Zeliard said:
The right way to play.

Expert seems much better to me. You can still kill pretty quickly but you also die pretty quickly. Masters is just everything stacked against you. Be annoying when even the weakest bandit can take you out like nothing.

Cloudius12 said:
I think the scaling to leveling Pickpocket is too easy.

Yeah, it's totally broken. Using the Thief Stone (+20% to thief skill levelling), and pickpocketing people in Riften, I've gone from level 34...

to level 60. In less than 5 minutes. WHAT THE FUCK :|

And thanks to having such a high level... I'm stealing 500-800 worth of items per person.

Jibbed

Completed the main quest tonight with my Nord Dovahkiin, amazing finale! I'll probably start a second play-through to get the full Skyrim experience soon... I usually go for a stealthy Khajiit or Elf.

How do you initiate the Dark Brotherhood quests by the way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom