• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiryani

Non main story spoilers

An NPC
that I murdered 9 game days ago
just sent
a bounty hunter after me
because
I stole everything from his house
after
I murdered him

lol, needs fixing

Manus

balddemon said:
Jesus H Christ. the skeleton dragon killed me in less than 10 seconds........

Yeah, but he's weak to fire. I was level 12 at the time and it took around 5 firebolts to take him down. The dungeon gets much harder, lol.

cnizzle06

Banned
Wallach said:
I think someone said if you wait until mid day he'll have those options again. Something about not being able to buy upgrades from him at certain times of the day.
Yep, you were exactly right. All is well.

In general, I have to say that the experience curve is way to short for a game so big. Aside from getting some Daedric Armor for my master wizard who can cast infinite destruction spells for no magicka cost, I've pretty much maxed out. The good news is that the world is still fun and interesting to explore on it's own but still.

But man, enchanting kind of breaks the game a bit. I think on my next character I'll just not allow myself to use it. It's seriously ridiculous in what it let's you do once mastered.

iNvid02

Jibbed said:
Completed the main quest tonight with my Nord Dovahkiin, amazing finale! I'll probably start a second play-through to get the full Skyrim experience soon... I usually go for a stealthy Khajiit or Elf.

How do you initiate the Dark Brotherhood quests by the way?

same thing im doing, finished main quest with warrior with mishmash of perks but the real fun is exploring, doing the plethora of other quests with a character knowing exactly what you want them to be, in my case khajit thief, archery with a bit of magic thrown in

balddemon

Banned
SquirrelNuckle said:
Yeah, but he's weak to fire. I was level 12 at the time and it took around 5 firebolts to take him down. The dungeon gets much harder, lol.

yep just killed him with a burning bow. what made it easier is that i sniped all the skeletons from the little patio and they never saw me for some reason.

ugh these
dwarven
dungeons are so tough

cnizzle06 said:
I gotta say, I'm impressed with what they achieved with the ps3 version. The frames started to get choppy yesterday, but I think that's because I was playing it like all damn day. That or a memory leak. In either case, it's running smooth as butter today.
Seconded. It definitely gets choppy at points, but it has held up really well for the most part. Lags at the circle menu sometimes but that is about it. The only issue I have is the lighting is really washy in some places. It might be my monitor, but I've never seen anything like it in any game, and it is an LED... The blacks are too pure!

Tenck

Tenck said:
21 hours into the game and level 10 :lol

I love this game so much. Doing all the Companion quests right now.

What did piss me off is that my damn horse thought it was a brilliant idea to fight a damn dragon :/

As soon as I defeated it, I was greeted with a shout and a corpse of my horse ;_;

Posted this in the Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword rofl.

I have way too many tabs open ;_;

Watch thread (two of them), TF2 Gaf thread, Skyward Sword thread, and This one :lol

cackhyena

BoobPhysics101 said:
Yeah, it's totally broken. Using the Thief Stone (+20% to thief skill levelling), and pickpocketing people in Riften, I've gone from level 34...

to level 60. In less than 5 minutes. WHAT THE FUCK :|

And thanks to having such a high level... I'm stealing 500-800 worth of items per person.
Where is this? I want this now.

SquirrelNuckle said:
The Summon Fire Atronach spell you buy to join the college comes in handy as well (
well until the boss of takes control of it
).

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I Big JG I said:
invisibility how can one achieve it?
Illusion school has an invisibility spells, there are invisibility potions, there's also the Shadow Stone which gives you a once a day invisibility power, and a questline that chains off of the thieves guild gives you a similar power.

kiryani

Can someone tell me where the closest house for sale to the starting area is, and the price ?

I'm in desperate need of storage space.

RyanDG

Btw - in the A Night to Remember Quest... Has anyone attacked
Sanguine
at the hangout after the quest? I noticed he was still around (when I went back to clean up in the fort) and was curious what kind of challenge he posed if assaulted. :p

Ilive1up

this is the first game that has made me stop multiple times just to look around and see how fucking awesome skyrim is. game is gorgeous and i'm only on the 360.

ReaperXL7

Just a quick tip for anyone doing the dark brotherhood questline
Apprently there is currently a bug in which once you get shadowmere the big black nightmare, shes is supposed to be immortal, however the bug in place right now currently kills her for good if she falls off a cliff. So be careful where you climb or drop if you want to keep her.

cnizzle06

Banned
TemplaerDude said:
Seconded. It definitely gets choppy at points, but it has held up really well for the most part. Lags at the circle menu sometimes but that is about it. The only issue I have is the lighting is really washy in some places. It might be my monitor, but I've never seen anything like it in any game, and it is an LED... The blacks are too pure!
Washy as in washed out? If so, I get that as well on my LED. What gets me is how Uncharted 3 suffered from serious aliasing issues but there's none to speak of here.

Crazetex

I wish there were a "flatter" leveling mod. While I understand ZOMG PERKS (I do indeed love them), I think some of the reason the amount content is so overwhelming is that it's so easy to level up. Early on, a single dungeon can give you 2-5 levels easily.

There's a much slower leveling mod out there, but all it does is raise the exponent for the amount of XP needed each consecutive level, so that would make it absolutely ridiculous to get to 100. I'd prefer a mod where it took the same amount of XP total, but earlier levels in a skill were gained more slowly (and thus later levels slightly faster).

Basically, making a single enchanted item or shooting a dragon five times would not level a skill.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Halycon said:
I returned the key :(

Now I kind of regret it.
The claw? To the Riverwood shopkeeper? The one he keeps on display on the counter? Are you an Elder Scrolls player or not?!

Wallach

I really want to make more characters. They did a great job with differentiating playstyles and making your character progression distinct this time. Killing
Krosis
and getting the particular shout there made me a little salty I was not a stealth character.

Tenck

herzogzwei1989 said:
Okay I killed my first Dragon at level 3. What an awesome experience that was. Now what am I supposed to do besides using my new Shout power ?

Enjoy the game and do as many quests as you can.

MrBig

Alright so I fixed the problem with Esbern's missing sound files. They were fixed in the day 1 patch, but the patch didn't extract the files. For the door part he has to open several locks so it takes a while for him to open the door. I guess it's important to have the files though since he may be sticking around for a while. You can get them here - http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=172

And I got a slight increase in performance by increasing the pagefile
[Papyrus]
iMinMemoryPageSize=100000
iMaxMemoryPageSize=5000000
iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes=1800000000

cnizzle06 said:
Washy as in washed out? If so, I get that as well on my LED. What gets me is how Uncharted 3 suffered from serious aliasing issues but there's none to speak of here.
Very washed out, incredibly unattaractive in a lot of places.

Geoff9920

2011-11-14_00002.jpg

Damn that fight was a bitch...

MrBig

Geoff9920 said:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9501567/2011-11-14_00002.jpg[img]

Damn that fight was a bitch...[/QUOTE]
I have 3 masks. There's apparently a bunch, as shown by one of the loading screens with them arranged on an altar.

cackhyena

BoobPhysics101 said:
It's one of the three stones you first see when you leave the original dungeon. On the mountain path above Riverrun.
Really? Gonna have to look for it. So it's just laying on the path or something?

Realyn

Do you guys know about "The Ritual Stone ?" It´s a stone like "The Mages Stone" and so on, it´s a 1 per day skill that lets you revive dead bodys in a medium range around yo. Having it since lvl 2 or so and its amazing :).
It´s near Riverrun.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Izayoi said:
Everyone is complaining about this, but isn't that kind of the point?

They are as much 'the point' as the Oblivion gates were in Oblivion. At least the dragons don't take up nearly as much time as an Oblivion gate.

Alchemy

Geoff9920 said:
Damn that fight was a bitch...

I fucking love that mask though.
It scared the crap out of when he popped out of the coffin. I thought I was in the clear when the dragon that landed before was dead.

Dresden

Realyn said:
Do you guys know about "The Ritual Stone ?" It´s a stone like "The Mages Stone" and so on, it´s a 1 per day skill that lets you revive dead bodys in a medium range around yo. Having it since lvl 2 or so and its amazing :).
It´s near Riverrun.
I came across it but the other stones seemed more useful. The Atronach and the Steed, in particular.

What are you guys running with now, anyways? I still go with Thief since I'm trying to get my Archery up high.

Geoff9920

MrBig said:
I have 3 masks. There's apparently a bunch, as shown by one of the loading screens with them arranged on an altar.
Wow, that's awesome! I now must collect them all. :p
Alchemy said:
I fucking love that mask though.
It scared the crap out of when he popped out of the coffin. I thought I was in the clear when the dragon that landed before was dead.
I had the exact same experience.
I remember thinking that dragon fight was easy... I go up to grab the three words and he rises from the crypt... He had a crap load of health too! I can one shot giants from behind but doing that to him only takes a third of his health. That was an epic fight.

I finished off the Stormcloak questline.
It's a bit underwhelming when the only real result of these battles are a different Jarl in some cities and guards with different uniforms. I didn't get any useful items either. Ulfric says I should hunt down imperial camps if I want, but the one camp I tried to attack had an unkillable NPC there...

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Blizzard said:
With sprint rebound to shift, can you do a running jump? It didn't work with alt but I didn't know if that was because of a keyboard combination problem.

I don't think you can. I rebound shift to sprint as well, but I've never been able to jump while sprinting, even when using the 360 controller.

Realyn

Putting sprint to shift was literally the first thing I did. Then I changed my right hand to mouse2. Then I got a bow, clicked mouse1 like 100 times but my bow didnt work, even tho I had arrows equiped and stuff. Then I raged a bit - until I pressed Mouse2.

True story.

Geoff9920

Wallach said:
You thought it was hard, try killing him at level 9 as a mage. On master difficulty. Shit was like the start of Chakan the Forever Man for me.
Damn, that sounds nuts! I was level 19 during the fight; I can't even imagine doing it at level 9.

gdt

Why is this game's audio so low? The dialogue is like a whisper. Anything I can do to the PC version to get it louder?

gdt5016 said:
Why is this game's audio so low? The dialogue is like a whisper. Anything I can do to the PC version to get it louder?

Yeah, mine is pretty quiet too. I have no clue how to fix it besides turning my computer volume and speakers all the way up :p

Why can I kill dragons no problem but those trolls destroy me?

Echoplx

Wow, smithing has made me so OP

lvl 34 and I have an armor rating of 600 and my 1H axe does 180 damage. And I also have adept level destruction magic in the other hand.

I am pretty much indestructible, I can take on multiple giants and mammoths at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom