• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Trasher said:
Holy crap. Where do you get all your gold from?
We're good at not spending things! Level 26, 45k gold

Trasher

Yoshichan said:
We're good at not spending things! Level 26, 45k gold
Damn. I've spent quite a lot of cash on leveling my smithing and training skills though I guess. Oh well haha. What else am I gonna spend it on? I should probably purchase that house in Whiterun soon I suppose...

I can barely carry many items it seems before hitting the max weight. Probably due to wearing heavy armor. =/

vareon

Tried the game for a few hours last night, rolling a muscular Khajiit mage, specializing in Destruction and Conjuration. Any tips for starting a mage?

Luthos

okenny said:
He probably found the prostitution mini-game :(
!!!?

Nah, but seriously, I dunno. I just grab everything, and always compare and find out which items have the best weight-to-value ratio.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
Haven't played this in 24 hours!

This should count as an achievement of some sort.

Echoplx

I had a lot of money but then realized it was stupid to keep it, spent it all on making my character better and now I am the boss :)

Christ. This game had me DREADING to go to a concert tonight, because I wanted to spend more time with the game rather than go to a concert of my favorite band.

Thankfully, my social life prevailed and I went to the concert (Foo Fighters FTW), but I haven't had a game (potentially) intrude on my life like this in quite some time. Damn you, Bethesda!

finowns

Is there any big problems with leveling up really quickly early on?

Combination of saves, archery teacher, and pick pocketing; I'm leveling up very quickly it took like 10 min for 5 levels.

Trasher

finowns said:

Combination of saves, archery teacher, and pick pocketing; I'm leveling up very quickly it took like 10 min for 5 levels.
I keep hearing about this super fast pickpocketing leveling up. Where and how are you doing this?

finowns said:

It slows down about lvl 10

finowns said:

Same thing happened to me, level 20 while just doing jack between Whiterun and Riften. lol

Not sure whether that is good or not.

Also, I find sneak attacks very hard with Lydia in tow...

Also, Enchanting...is there an infinite Soul Gem I can use for enchants? 8 charges...that just sucks.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Revolutionary said:
Thankfully, my social life prevailed and I went to the concert (Foo Fighters FTW), but I haven't had a game (potentially) intrude on my life like this in quite some time. Damn you, Bethesda!
You are not me, Arlandria

finowns

Trasher said:
I keep hearing about this super fast pickpocketing leveling up. Where and how are you doing this?

You steal your gold back from your teacher then buy more lessons.

Now can this f up my character?

Echoplx

finowns said:
You steal your gold back from your teacher then buy more lessons.

Now can this f up my character?

That never works for me, I tired it on a few master trainers and it always had 0% chance of success.

finowns

3chopl0x said:
That never works for me, I tired it on a few master trainers and it always had 0% chance of success.

This is the first archery teacher (common) in Riverwood. He's trained me up to level 48 on archery

Edit -- Ok he can only train you up level 50 but I got 7 levels out of it 10 --> 17.

Mairu

So I figured out the console command to advance quests in order to solve my issue with the quest, The Black Star... but even with advancing the quest, I couldn't fill the one objective that seems to be the cause of all of this. It's really irritating. I've spent too much time today trying to fix this quest and get Blood on the Ice started. Can't get that one item and that quest is never getting out of my journal, can't get a house in Windhelm because the other quest won't start :(

Arjen

cartoon_soldier said:
Also, Enchanting...is there an infinite Soul Gem I can use for enchants? 8 charges...that just sucks.

Not sure if this is a spoiler, but to be sure

Yes, Azura's star, it's a deadric artifact, you can get it by doing the quest that starts at azura's shrine

I'm trying to find a dragon sign in Forelhost. I can get past the hordes, but then I get stuck behind a rock. The journal seems to say to use a shout, but I can't get any love.

Any clues?

Trasher

3chopl0x said:
36, I've had it since I was 31 though, just not as effective until I got all the perks.
Any tips on how you leveled up smithing?

Big Ass Ramp said:
decided to play a quick quest before going to bed. I'm finally stopping 6 hours later. damn it...
I know that feel, bro.

evilhomer

vareon said:
Tried the game for a few hours last night, rolling a muscular Khajiit mage, specializing in Destruction and Conjuration. Any tips for starting a mage?
Figure out dual-casting and get the destruction perk for that, and boost magick of course.

Mairu

Trasher said:
Any tips on how you leveled up smithing?

I know that feel, bro.
Smithing isn't that difficult to level when you keep in mind you don't have to make the best stuff for experience. You can just buy leather & make Hide Bracers from 1-100 if you want to

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
I now have a staff that eats dreams....hahahahahahaha I don't even use it in combat I just enjoy breaking into peoples houses at night to STEAL THEIR MF'ING DREAMS!

Love how there's no reason to not just do whatever the fuck you feel like in this game, you don't realise how badly Fable's morality system constrains your actions until a Daedra whispers in your ear that you should kill some guy, and you think to yourself...hey, why the fuck not?

Off to find the thieves guild tonight, I figure there will be lots of sleeping people in that quest line whose dreams I can jack.

Mairu said:
Smithing isn't that difficult to level when you keep in mind you don't have to make the best stuff for experience. You can just buy leather & make Hide Bracers from 1-100 if you want to
It just becomes INCREDIBLY tedious if you do it that way and you might as well open up the console and give yourself 100 smithing and just cut out the middleman.

VandalD

Pennybags said:
Nothing beats videos/stories of giants.
Oh, well, here you go. Penny Arcade got it all wrong. You won't be a bloodstain on a giant's boot. You'll be flung into space.

Just noticed there's a guy in Riften with the same last name as a special friend from Oblivion
, Valen Dreth. Is that a spoiler? Hiding it anyway. I think I'll steal his everything.

syllogism

I hear you can smelt dwemer crap I never bothered to pickup into ingots and then forge dwarven gear out of that. I suppose that is a reasonable "legit" way to train smithing.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
Ghost said:
I now have a staff that eats dreams....hahahahahahaha I don't even use it in combat I just enjoy breaking into peoples houses at night to STEAL THEIR MF'ING DREAMS!

Love how there's no reason to not just do whatever the fuck you feel like in this game, you don't realise how badly Fable's morality system constrains your actions until a Daedra whispers in your ear that you should kill some guy, and you think to yourself...hey, why the fuck not?

Off to find the thieves guild tonight, I figure there will be lots of sleeping people in that quest line whose dreams I can jack.

How do you get that?!

Arjen

syllogism said:
I hear you can smelt dwemer crap I never bothered to pickup into ingots and then forge dwarven gear out of that. I suppose that is a reasonable "legit" way to train smithing.

I knew i didn't pick up al that dwaren stuff that seems useless for nothing!
*looks at clock* Only 6 hours to go to test it :(

IoCaster

Mairu said:
So I figured out the console command to advance quests in order to solve my issue with the quest, The Black Star... but even with advancing the quest, I couldn't fill the one objective that seems to be the cause of all of this. It's really irritating. I've spent too much time today trying to fix this quest and get Blood on the Ice started. Can't get that one item and that quest is never getting out of my journal, can't get a house in Windhelm because the other quest won't start :(

What's stopping you from picking up the object? Is it non-selectable or something else?

arent you suppose to be given a power everytime you kill a dragon?

i killed my second dragon near silent moons camp bandit hide out. It said i absorbed the soul. but i did not get any powers.

Echoplx

Arjen said:
Not sure if this is a spoiler, but to be sure

Yes, Azura's star, it's a deadric artifact, you can get it by doing the quest that starts at azura's shrine

What's better the
black soul or white soul version?

Shadow of the BEAST said:

i killed my second dragon near silent moons camp bandit hide out. It said i absorbed the soul. but i did not get any powers.

Killing Dragons give you Dragon Souls. Souls can be used to unlock words of power which can be found by:
1. Playing the Main Quest Line
2. Exploring and finding walls with words of powers

Mastadon

Banned

No, you get powers from shout walls in dungeons. Dragon Souls are the currency used to unlock them once you've found the wall.

EVH

Why does people in this game tell me that I look sick? I've tried eating and sleeping and they continue to make me feel like I look ill.

Also, I find a bit sad that they used the same IU for the console and PC versions. And also that you can't define some kind of weapon set-up to change them fast without going into the item menu. I'm a thief and I'm always changing from sword to bow.

Btw, this game feels a lot more polished than Oblivion.

Trasher

Nope. But you get their soul every time. Souls are used to unlock the powers after you discover them. Typically you will discover these words in the areas where it shows a dragon head on your mini-map. However, there are also other random roaming dragons that are not located at these areas, and thus not every dragon you fight will have a new word for you to learn.

krameriffic said:
It just becomes INCREDIBLY tedious if you do it that way and you might as well open up the console and give yourself 100 smithing and just cut out the middleman.
LOL. They really let you do that shit on PC? Wtf!

Good to know though that it doesn't matter what you craft to level up smithing. I was trying really hard to make the newer things whenever I could. Is there a good way to stock up on the mats for making those daggers? Or do I just purchase them from vendors whenever I can?

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Guys I am a level 8 Redguard, and haven't joined neither the Imperial Legion or The Stormcloaks. Where is the fastest and best way to grind for both gold and leveling up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom