• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.

bitoriginal

Seriously, the more I think about, the better it seems. This game in mmo form would literally be the best thing ever, obviously with massive balance and ui changes (I want a paperdoll + kbm). It would literally be Ultima Online in 3D form. They could incorporate player housing and everything. Ahh, sadly only a dream.

Mechanized said:
That place freaked me the fuck out. That goddamn scratching noise.
I didn't even hear that. :lol All I heard was the
Chauruses (Chauri?) creeping around
. I found
the owner's remains
near the end of the dungeon, and took 'em with me to
burn them in the lighthouse's fire, because that's what his wife's journal said he wanted
. Got a 10% Restoration bonus out of it, woohoo.

nicoga3000 said:
What you're doing when you DE gear is learning the general enchant. So if you DE a piece of gear with Lockpicking +20%, you are learning "Fortify Lockpicking". Your skill (and gem) in Enchanting is what determines the strength of that enchant.

krameriffic said:
I don't think so. It won't let you disenchant, say, a weapon that does 30 fire damage if you already disenchanted one at like 10 fire damage.

Cool, thats what I thought.

Another question; there's not spell crafting in this game like there is in oblivion, is there?

ttocs

HammerOfThor said:
So did anyone here get the Amulet of Mara from that Fort? I killed everyone an looted their bodies, but no one had it! >:[
I heard that it was available this way but I didn't try it. I just took the easy way out and bought it from the guy in Rift.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
bitoriginal said:
Seriously, the more I think about, the better it seems. This game in mmo form would literally be the best thing ever, obviously with massive balance and ui changes (I want a paperdoll + kbm). It would literally be Ultima Online in 3D form. They could incorporate player housing and everything. Ahh, sadly only a dream.
no

lol51

Interesting loot from Summerset Shadows (Thieves Guild Master quest):

Linwe is wearing a knockoff of the thieves guild member clothing. Theres nothing special about it and it is beginner quality. Here is whats interesting, unlike the thief member outfit you can disenchant this stuff for a consistent Bonus:

Shadow Strike - One handed 15% more Damage
Shadow Sight - Bows do 15% More Damage
Shadow Strength - 15% Better Sneaking
Shadow Thrive - +15 Stamina

Blue Ninja said:
I didn't even hear that. :lol All I heard was the
Chauruses (Chauri?) creeping around
. I found
the owner's remains
near the end of the dungeon, and took 'em with me to
burn them in the lighthouse's fire, because that's what his wife's journal said he wanted
. Got a 10% Restoration bonus out of it, woohoo.

I thought that's the noise they were referring to haha.

But yeah,
there were some badass Falmer down there when I did it, it was tough. Plus that Charus Queen or whatever... man I was hiding behind a rock in the back and I would snipe it with one shot and then hide behind a corner praying it didn't come around the side. lol
That was probably the most intense place I've been to yet, next to escaping from a certain dungeon.

HTuran

lol51 said:

Linwe is wearing a knockoff of the thieves guild member clothing. Theres nothing special about it and it is beginner quality. Here is whats interesting, unlike the thief member outfit you can disenchant this stuff for a consistent Bonus:

Holy awesome! Didn't think of disenchanting as it was a named set. That's awesome. I guess with big enchant skill you can get a better Thieves' Guild set?!

I wonder what you get for the
Nightingale
set, if possible?

I took the first 2 destruction perks early on and I haven't equipped fire in a while in favor of a bow and arrow, but, everytime i walk into a new city, they still tell me to be careful with those flames. I'm guessing at some point they'll tell me not to poke my eye out with an arrow, but, the game obviously still sees me as a mage.

lol51

HTuran said:
Holy awesome! Didn't think of disenchanting as it was a named set. That's awesome. I guess it's the same if you disenchant the Thieves' Guild stuff.

I wonder what you get for the
Nightingale
set?

You cant!
Nightingale and Theif guild stuff cant be broken down only this guy's knockoff

Atomski

I really wish you could rename save files. I want to start a new character but I am afraid I will just mix it up with one of my current characters.

HTuran

lol51 said:
You cant!
Nightingale and Theif guild stuff cant be broken down only this guy's knockoff
Ah, weird! So does this mean you can take these enchantments, upgrade your enchanting skill and then make a better Thieves' Guild set? Makes me think it's an oversight on Bethesda's part.

Wallach

bigwinnerx said:
I took the first 2 destruction perks early on and I haven't equipped fire in a while in favor of a bow and arrow, but, everytime i walk into a new city, they still tell me to be careful with those flames. I'm guessing at some point they'll tell me not to poke my eye out with an arrow, but, the game obviously still sees me as a mage.

I think this mostly happens if you go around them with spell effects active, or your hands raised with spells in them.

TheKurgan

How important is the first companion you get in the game? The girl you get in Whiterun after killing your first Dragon. I have tried a few times now and she can’t survive the trip to see the Greybeards. Last night we ran across a troll living down by the river and I accidently shouted her to death - but couldn’t be bothered to reload. Now I am having second thoughts.

Should I go back to a previous save or just leave here face up in the river?

Ken

Atomski said:
I really wish you could rename save files. I want to start a new character but I am afraid I will just mix it up with one of my current characters.
In your Saves folder it should say "Save # - Character name" I think?

Mechanized said:
I thought that's the noise they were referring to haha.

But yeah,
there were some badass Falmer down there when I did it, it was tough. Plus that Charus Queen or whatever... man I was hiding behind a rock in the back and I would snipe it with one shot and then hide behind a corner praying it didn't come around the side. lol
That was probably the most intense place I've been to yet, next to escaping from a certain dungeon.
I went in at a high level, didn't have too much trouble. Had to use a couple of potions to keep myself alive, but I just had a lot of fire with me to deal with 'em.

I am currently sneaking underneath a dragon, while clad in heavy armor. It's sitting right above me, perched on top of a word wall. Eerie.

Atomski

The_Technomancer said:
So if I dismiss a companion like Lydia I can track her down and have her rejoin me, right?
She heads back to my house when I dismiss her.

The Lamonster said:
The courier in Whiterun that delivered a letter to me happened to be naked. That was interesting.
I had a courier heading towards me on a mountain road and he got one shot by a saber before he could reach me. I checked his body and there was no message.. worried I missed something important.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hawkian said:
I forgot to put that first perk in enchanting before I made my daggers, d'oh
Sweet, I had an autosave right before I made them :D

2 more points of elemental damage each for Blaze & Frostedge, hells yeah

Ken said:
In your Saves folder it should say "Save # - Character name" I think?
There's a mod that makes this better too, I can't remember the name but I saw it in the top ten Skyrim mods...

Oh man, I just joined the
Dark Brotherhood and got their suit of armor. It's stupid but this is so disappointing, it looks completely terrible. It might not be that bad, but the hood is so oversized it looks like the space helmet from fallout 3.

lol51

HTuran said:
Ah, weird! So does this mean you can take these enchantments, upgrade your enchanting skill and then make a better Thieves' Guild set?

I haven't done any perks in enchanting but In theory you should be able to and specialize your items. Lets say I have no care for pickpocket and sneak so I put +Bow Damage on all my gear.

If you want the scaling stuff you have to find the scalable enchant skills and put perks into enchant.
This particular set is is fixed at +15(%) and someone with no perks in enchant can transform strong base item into strong base item that have more value to you.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
The Lamonster said:
The courier in Whiterun that delivered a letter to me happened to be naked. That was interesting.

He was robbed by bandits. Being a courier is a dangerous job in Skyrim.

Tanolen

Dresden said:
The combination of Silent Roll + Silence makes stealth gameplay so much more fun. Silent Roll in particular is totally awesome - get detected? Roll away into hiding. It makes sneak much faster. Also joined the Dark Brotherhood and while the armor looks dumb (and thus I won't be using most of it) the Cowl and the Gloves are sick.

I wonder how overpowered Shadow Warrior will be.

Most OP ability in the game.

Due to some postal mishaps, just got my copy in hand this morning. Only had a few moments to go through the intro and get to the first town before work where the hardcover hint book was waiting for me. It is MASSIVE.

Decided to roll Breton to start and go mage. Any advice on how I should proceed? I'm interested in necromancy maybe or straight summoning. Are they viable?

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Seems like I've been doing these repeatable Thieves Guild quests forever and nothing is happening.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I think I might neglect doing everything with my Nord Sword Mage to do other stuff with the next character I roll. Like leaving the Dark Brotherhood and Thief Guild quests for my Rogue character. I'm still unsure whether I should do this or not.

belvedere

Junior Butler
The_Technomancer said:
So if I dismiss a companion like Lydia I can track her down and have her rejoin me, right?

So I lost her, I don't remember making her wait or anything, but she's nowhere to be found.

How do I locate her?

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
ttocs said:
have you finished the Thieve guild quest line and
become a Nightengale
? Talk about feeling badass!

Frankly speaking I started this build thinking about a sneaky sleazy rogue with some magic skills. I wanted to do Thieves guild quests and then proceed to Dark Brotherhood line. But after becoming an archmage I think messing with dirty thieves isn't appropriate and I have too much responsibility with the college to become a member of Dark Brotherhood. So I would pursue wisdom - learn all shouts, become a master of enchanting and complete the main storyline to start again.

But this may change.

belvedere said:
So I lost her, I don't remember making her wait or anything, but she's nowhere to be found.

How do I locate her?
She will be in your house @ Whiterun but if you haven't bought it yet, she will be near the entrance to Dragonreach (palace of Whiterun).

Confidence Man said:
What do I have to do to get the Riften house available for purchase? The steward never has the dialogue option.
Talk to the Jarl?

garath

lol51 said:

Wow. That's incredible. Off to the Thieves Guild questline.

I engaged that Elder Dragon, lured it about a bit, keeping it from really hurting me by using Become Ethereal. There was a fort nearby that happened to be inhabited by Stormcloaks, so I jumped down the mountain, leading the dragon to them. It killed half of the Stormcloaks, I killed the dragon. :lol

Toki767

I need to find someone who sells health potions in bulk. I keep running out since it's more convenient than using restoration magic.

cuevas said:
Early in the game where can I sell my shit? The first couple vendors I found can't afford all the gems and dragon shit I have :(
Try general goods in Whiterun...and you may want to hold onto the dragon shit if you plan on smithing armor later on.

Lakitu

st5fu
Blue Ninja said:
I engaged that Elder Dragon, lured it about a bit, keeping it from really hurting me by using Become Ethereal. There was a fort nearby that happened to be inhabited by Stormcloaks, so I jumped down the mountain, leading the dragon to them. It killed half of the Stormcloaks, I killed the dragon. :lol

You are heartless :lol

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Toki767 said:
I need a to find someone who sells health potions in bulk. I keep running out since it's more convenient than using restoration magic.

Merchants and their stock scale with your level, unfortunately. As far as I can tell there aren't really any unique merchants in the game. There are just templates that are attached to merchants in every town and their stock is somewhat randomized. Anyway, if you don't mind 'exploiting' a bit. Just buy everything you want, then wait 48 hours in-game time and the merchant will restock.

The Lamonster said:
Try general goods in Whiterun...and you may want to hold onto the dragon shit if you plan on smithing armor later on.

Dragon Armor seems to be worse than Daedric if you're a Heavy Armor user, so keep that in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom