• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lakitu

st5fu
Deified Data said:
I bet Hellfire is a noble blade. Pass it down to your first-born. My first enchanted weapon was a Blades Sword, hereby dubbed the Quickened Katana. 10 points shock damage.

It's a beaut alright. I just tried it out on two saber cats and I cut them down in 2 seconds. It's powerful. I like the sound of your Katana.

Duki said:
how is that racism

theyre a different species

a species that literally tried to invade and kill everyone

fuck dirty high elves
Hey man, us wood elves had nothing to do with that! I was just surprised listening to this Nord talk maaaaaad shit about ridding Skyrim of elves while talking to me, and then telling me about how to join his cause. Nords can be so ignorant somtimes. :/

Timber

Phreaker said:
Yes, it's true. Go into your favorites menu (up or down on d-pad) and highlight something. Then press R or L on the d-pad you will see a 1. or a 2. show up next to the item. This is how I switch quickly from my bow to my 1h/magic load outs.
What the hell.

SilentProtagonist said:
Hey man, us wood elves had nothing to do with that! I was just surprised listening to this Nord talk maaaaaad shit about ridding Skyrim of elves while talking to me, and then telling me about how to join his cause. Nords can be so ignorant somtimes. :/
Technically the Bosmer are part of the Aldmeri Dominion, as well.

I joined the Stormcloaks mostly because of how much I hate the Thalmor.

I also think of the Stormcloaks' rebellion as something similar to the American Revolutionary War. I'm sure some "Americans" back in the late 1700s were assholes about British people, too.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Phreaker said:
Yes, it's true. Go into your favorites menu (up or down on d-pad) and highlight something. Then press R or L on the d-pad you will see a 1. or a 2. show up next to the item. This is how I switch quickly from my bow to my 1h/magic load outs.

:O

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
My one-handed skill is listed in the red at 20 for some reason, despite it being up to 50, and I can't figure out why. I've looked through the active effects in the magic menu and see nothing, and going to a temple for a blessing doesn't fix it. Anyone know what's wrong?

The Lamonster said:
I joined the Stormcloaks mostly because of how much I hate the Thalmor.

I also think of the Stormcloaks' rebellion as something similar to the American Revolutionary War. I'm sure some "Americans" back in the late 1700s were assholes about British people, too.
It could also be likened to the American Civil War, but since it was a bunch of dirty racists fighting for freedom we don't really sympathize.

Duki said:
theyre dead because of a volcano
They're largely refugees caught in the cross-fire. The centuries of Nord/Dunmer conflict probably doesn't help, either.

pringles

Houston3000 said:
When you disenchant an item you learn the effect, it has nothing to do with the magnitute of that effect. Once you learn the effect the game stops you from disenchanting items with the same effect because... well, that would be pointless since you already learned it, might as well just sell the item at that point.

In this case you DE'd +30% sneak boots and learned the enchant "Fortify Sneak", the other boots have the same effect just lower magnitude so you wouldn't learn anything new from DE'ing them anyways.

If you want a stronger magnitude from your enchant you get that by using a higher tiered soul gem, buffing yourself with Fortify Enchantment, or putting perks in the Enchanting tree.
That would make sense except for that I haven't disenchanted my +30% boots, I want to keep them and learn the sneak enchantment from the +20% boots.

But maybe he's right it's not an enchantment but a 'divine attribute', however we're supposed to know that.

I really gotta get some better soul gems for enchanting too, any tips on where/how? All I have are petty/minor and the really good ones are super expensive.

Tanolen

garath said:
Hmm. I wasn't going to finish the sneak tree since the roll didn't seem that useful and the silence can be had with items but if Shadow warrior is that powerful I may do it. Sure will help me when I'm trying for that sneak kill.

I can already one shot giants though. How much sicker can it get? lol

All you have to do is croutch in front of something attacking you and then attack really quick and you can get a free sneak crit. You can do this as many times as you like.

Duki

Banned
DarthWoo said:
My one-handed skill is listed in the red at 20 for some reason, despite it being up to 50, and I can't figure out why. I've looked through the active effects in the magic menu and see nothing, and going to a temple for a blessing doesn't fix it. Anyone know what's wrong?
same exact thing happened to me, but i was heading to the trainer anyway and training it a level fixed it so i dunno what caused it

Deified Data said:
It could also be likened to the American Civil War, but since it was a bunch of dirty racists fighting for freedom we don't really sympathize.
True. But if you listen to Ulfric wax philosophic, you can tell he's not a racist. It's mostly his second-in-command guy.

I also identify more with the Stormcloaks because the Imerial Legion is obligated to outlaw the worship of Talos, who was also a Dragonborn. Basically racism sucks but joining the Stormcloaks was an easy choice for me.

Plasmid

Should i be keeping the dragon bones, scales etc i get from the fights. are they worth selling or should i keep for something special?

TacticalFox88 said:
Okay, what's everyone's strategy for taking out dragons quickly. They seem to love to show up at random times when I'm searching for new items.
Blast them with Chain Lightning when they're in the air, cast Lightning Cloak when they land and begin wailing them with my enchanted sword. Rinse and repeat.

Dizzy-4U

Phreaker said:
Whaahh?

Mairu

Mairu said:
So I figured out the console command to advance quests in order to solve my issue with the quest, The Black Star... but even with advancing the quest, I couldn't fill the one objective that seems to be the cause of all of this. It's really irritating. I've spent too much time today trying to fix this quest and get Blood on the Ice started. Can't get that one item and that quest is never getting out of my journal, can't get a house in Windhelm because the other quest won't start :(
Posting this again to see if anyone has any ideas. I'd like to get the house in Windhelm and it'd be nice to knock that quest out of my journal.

I said this a couple pages ago but you guys looking for the hardcover guide, don't give up. The thing is awesome and the quality is akin to a college textbook.

Salaadin

Anyone else have the issue where weapons for sale arent accurately compared to the weapon you have equipped?

For instance, Ill have a 26dmg sword and there will be a 26dmg sword for sale. The bar on the bottom will say "26 Damage (+2)" implying that Ill get 2 more dmg from the new sword. However, when I directly compare both manually, I see they both have 26 damage.

If I leave the shop screen, unequip my sword, requip it, and then go back to the shop screen, itll display correctly.

Salaadin said:
Anyone else have the issue where weapons for sale arent accurately compared to the weapon you have equipped?

For instance, Ill have a 26dmg sword and there will be a 26dmg sword for sale. The bar on the bottom will say "2 Damage (+2)" implying that Ill get 2 more dmg from the new sword. However, when I directly compare both manually, I see they both have 26 damage.

If I leave the shop screen, unequip my sword, requip it, and then go back to the shop screen, itll display correctly.
YES! Exactly. Same here. Same fix. It is way borked and I hope it is patched soon.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Important for those who don't mind a bit of cheating to smooth over annoyances:

Resurrect

Type that into the console while targeting someone to give them life. Could be useful if you happened to like your horse or dumb-witted follower.

More here:
http://www.gamefront.com/skyrim-pc-console-commands/

TacticalFox88 said:
Okay, what's everyone's strategy for taking out dragons quickly. They seem to love to show up at random times when I'm searching for new items.
1. Spellbreaker shield. Received from
Peryite's mission. He's a deadra. Mission was awesome BTW.
2. My Norse blood (if it's an ice dragon)
3. My insane armor with further elemental resistances.
4. My insane armor perks.
5. Shield bash, mace, rinse, repeat. Shout as available.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
Cudder said:
Theres a Campfire north of Whiterun that has a Mammoth and 2-3 giants just wandering about, I tried to take on a giant but the fucker 1 hit kills me every time. jeeeez. left that shit alone after that. i'll be back to put a cap in that giants ass later.
you can lure one or both to the watchtower nearby that has 4 or so imperial soldiers standing guard. i got there, ran into the tower, and the soldiers took care of the giant in a few seconds.

Duki

Banned
where the fuck is the clue for the shitty folgunthur sliding puzzle?

i got the dragon claw from the dead dark elf, and i kept going, and suddenly theres a sliding puzzle without any hints and it doesnt at all relate to the symbols on the dragon claw like they did before

woober

Duki said:
where the fuck is the clue for the shitty folgunthur sliding puzzle?

i got the dragon claw from the dead dark elf, and i kept going, and suddenly theres a sliding puzzle without any hints and it doesnt at all relate to the symbols on the dragon claw like they did before

Go to the item in your inventory and examine it.

TacticalFox88 said:
Orc Beserker Rage. OP and awesome :)

Deified Data said:
I always thought that was the added DPS from duel-wielding.
I am a spell/sword, so that's not it.

causan

Blizzard said:
I already saw Lightbringer and Sandor Clegane mentioned. I wonder how many people are using names of people or weapons from Game of Thrones? My main character is a blonde Nord named Brienne. <3

My ranger Elf is named Viserys. Yea, Im a nerd.

Durante

I just did a sidequest for a mages guild apprentice, and while doing it I ran into the hardest "boss" fight I've had in the game so far. Even liberally using potions and scrolls I needed 7 tries to be able to do it. (It was against the mage
Lu'Ah
)

In return I got my first unique weapon,
Ghostblade
. But of course the stats aren't actually particularly high since I got a low "tier" of it. I still hate item leveling :(

Duki

Banned
woober said:
Have you rotated the item?
yeah

nah im just retarded, the sliding blocks were angled and i just assumed the side facing me was the correct side for the symbol

they have little arrows on their base for where theyre meant to face ;_;

Tanolen

MMaRsu said:
Where did the dark elves stand in all this?

Dunno, but i did walk into a town where a group of storm cloaks were messing with a dunmer since all dunmer are imperial spies.

But this could just be based on whatever race you are when you walk up to them.

Wallach

Durante said:
I just did a sidequest for a mages guild apprentice, and while doing it I ran into the hardest "boss" fight I've had in the game so far. Even liberally using potions and scrolls I needed 7 tries to be able to do it. (It was against the mage
Lu'Ah
)

In return I got my first unique weapon,
Ghostblade
. But of course the stats aren't actually particularly high since I got a low "tier" of it. I still hate item leveling :(

I'm pretty sure that item is not leveled.

Davedough

Ok, so I'm going about things the wrong way. I dont have the time to sink into it like you other fools so I'm only level 8 right now. I've walked around and talked to a lot of the NPCs in whiterun and didn't really see any significant quests from them.
Something about the tree in the middle of Whiterun and have to find a redguard woman, but the only redguard woman there is a man hater who just thinks I'm trying to hit on her and doesn't advance the quest.

Anyway, I grew bored of this and started venturing out and just seeing where my fire and blade would carry me. I cleared a few caves and outposts, but didn't really pick up anything exciting. Before I knew it, I was close to Windhelm and got attacked by some wolves that I normally pick off rather easily and died suddenly. I realized I'm in a higher level area than I should be.

So, that being said. I want some quests. The Jarl or his mage don't seem to have anymore for me other than go to the Mage College, but that thing is so far up north that I'll never make it at my level. No one else in town seems to want to give me any quests. I'd read that you spend a lot of time in Whiterun but I cant seem to find a reason to stick around.

Duki

Banned
Davedough said:
Ok, so I'm going about things the wrong way. I dont have the time to sink into it like you other fools so I'm only level 8 right now. I've walked around and talked to a lot of the NPCs in whiterun and didn't really see any significant quests from them.
Something about the tree in the middle of Whiterun and have to find a redguard woman, but the only redguard woman there is a man hater who just thinks I'm trying to hit on her and doesn't advance the quest.

Anyway, I grew bored of this and started venturing out and just seeing where my fire and blade would carry me. I cleared a few caves and outposts, but didn't really pick up anything exciting. Before I knew it, I was close to Windhelm and got attacked by some wolves that I normally pick off rather easily and died suddenly. I realized I'm in a higher level area than I should be.

So, that being said. I want some quests. The Jarl or his mage don't seem to have anymore for me other than go to the Mage College, but that thing is so far up north that I'll never make it at my level. No one else in town seems to want to give me any quests. I'd read that you spend a lot of time in Whiterun but I cant seem to find a reason to stick around.
go to the companions building and do their quests, its in whiterun and theyre pretty cool

theyre the warrior guild for this game

Tanolen said:
Dunno, but i did walk into a town where a group of storm cloaks were messing with a dunmer since all dunmer are imperial spies.

But this could just be based on whatever race you are when you walk up to them.
Nope, always Dunmer.

Davedough said:

The redguard woman is in one of the taverns, you have to talk to the bar keep. Also you can use the horse and cart in the stables to quick travel to winterhold for a price.

Durante

Wallach said:
I'm pretty sure that item is not leveled.
I'm pretty sure it is, since the stats I read on the Skyrim wiki are quite a bit higher than the ones on "mine". Not that I care much, I just gave it to Lydia. I only need spells!

(I'm so getting 1-shotted by everything now with my 100 health and 300 magicka)

Jadedx

Banned
Quick question for those in the companion guild.

Does silver affect me when in human mode or just when i'm in werewolf mode?

So, the (Deadric Spoilers)
Boethiah quest
demands that you
murder someone
before being allowed to speak? That sucks.

Then again, I think I already missed out on the "Oblivion Walker"-achievement when
I let that Dunmer priest destroy the Skull of Corruption

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom